Strikeforce HW tournament 2011 !

I think its safe to say the UFC could have pretty much anyone they wanted if they really wanted them.

safe to say would be then when they had all the best fighters NOW its not so safe to say because they dont

I know all these reasons but they are no in the UFC because they avoid the competition !

And about Overeem he always does all the tests and always is clean so stop this nonsense !

I don't think Lawal and Cavalcante are avoiding competition at all. They are both rather young in their mma careers. Now if we are talking about Henderson and Overeem, then I would have to agree that they are ducking tougher competition. That is the reason why I hope Werdum beats Overeem and Cavalcante beats Hendo.

No offense, but if Overeem has never taken steroids, then how did he go from a toothpick to a muscle freak so quick????

http://www.mmaconvert.com/wp-content/uploa...em_timeline.jpg

I don't think Lawal and Cavalcante are avoiding competition at all. They are both rather young in their mma careers. Now if we are talking about Henderson and Overeem, then I would have to agree that they are ducking tougher competition. That is the reason why I hope Werdum beats Overeem and Cavalcante beats Hendo.

No offense, but if Overeem has never taken steroids, then how did he go from a toothpick to a muscle freak so quick????

http://www.mmaconvert.com/wp-content/uploa...em_timeline.jpg

horse meat my friend :) i dont know but if he goes clean they hes clean

and Overeem is not ducking he just wanted to fight also in K1 thats a LOT more money for him and also a lot experience if i would be a fighter i also would sign strikeforce and fight in K1

as far ar Henderson gos he have bean fighting all the best fighters in the world so i dont know have he could be ducking hes also there for the money thats it Fedor also there is for the money! But yes i have to say now Fedor a bit failed be couse he lost and he will loose more then he would earn in UFC but thats have it works he was going to promote M1 but didn't work! His promotion his moves cant blame him

safe to say would be then when they had all the best fighters NOW its not so safe to say because they dont

Thise guys are not that good. The UFC could sign them all and SF would replace them and people would hype those guys. The UFC cant own every guy on earth but those guys are less quality.

Thise guys are not that good. The UFC could sign them all and SF would replace them and people would hype those guys. The UFC cant own every guy on earth but those guys are less quality.

look at the UFC hw division and tell me those GREAT fighters :D roy nelson? brendan shoube ? frank mir ? brock lesnar ? :D

there are only two good HW at this point JDS and Cain and have you calculate who are good one of them soon will be bad because they will face each other !

i think maybe even this guy Shane del Rosario would beat all them

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva

I think this is probably the end of the once great Fedor in terms of him ever being considered the greatest to live. He lost the last fight by a dumb submission and in the fight with Silva he proved to be very human in many respects. Firstly it showed that he is way too small for a HW and considering that he has a bit of flab around the waist it maybe makes sense for him to cut 20lbs to fight at 205.

Secondly against a tough opponent like Silva which was very all rounded, he did not have a realistic chance. I mean look at it this way, Silva was bigger, so out muscling him in a clinch game would not work, the stand up battle where he seemed to have an advantage going in, was also not working, on the ground he could not submit or really do anything to Silva.

Besides this, i think this was the first time that Fedor not only lost, he pretty much lost decisively to an opponent which was simply better than him. I did not know much about Bigfoot going into this fight to be honest, i thought he was cannon fodder, but now i no longer think that. I think he is a very good level HW probably still in his prime. That said i think if he faces Overeem he will be totally annihilated.

Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum

I seriously think that Overeem is the real deal, i have been watching this guy for years and i love how he has improved. He is a killing machine. Werdum is seriously underrated though and did win the first fight, however i feel Overeem is better now and will not make the same mistake, i think the Reem will win by KO.

Andrei Arlovski vs. Sergei Kharitonov

This is the end of Arlovski's career in my eyes. His glass chin is a highlight reel these days, i think the best thing he can offer is to show how bad a person can get KOed. It usually takes him some time till he gets up and looks totally out of it. Kharitonov is a decent level stand up fighter, but that is about it in my eyes. He is also past his prime and i think this matchup was the worse out of the 4. Neither of these even deserved to be here.

Josh Barnett vs. Brett Rogers

Another unusual matchup, Rogers is just big and fat, Barnett has not really performed at the highest level for years, but to be honest i do not know what form he is currently in. They are in for obvious reasons though, both are well known fighters.

I feel that this tournament was poorly booked. The 4 on the left side are probably better than the 4 on the right side. If it was down to me i would of went for......................come to think of it, the booking does make sense, i went through their careers so far and most of them have faced each other at some point, only thing is unlike the Fedor vs Werdum, Overeem vs Werdum, all the others were rematches most people would not care about watching again.

horse meat my friend :) i dont know but if he goes clean they hes clean

and Overeem is not ducking he just wanted to fight also in K1 thats a LOT more money for him and also a lot experience if i would be a fighter i also would sign strikeforce and fight in K1

as far ar Henderson gos he have bean fighting all the best fighters in the world so i dont know have he could be ducking hes also there for the money thats it Fedor also there is for the money! But yes i have to say now Fedor a bit failed be couse he lost and he will loose more then he would earn in UFC but thats have it works he was going to promote M1 but didn't work! His promotion his moves cant blame him

How can you say Overeem isn't ducking anyone????? The fact he would rather fight in K-1 is proof. Does K-1 pay more then Strikeforce, probably and that wouldn't surprise anyone. But the fact of the matter is if he really wants more money, get inside the Strikeforce cage...........beat the best Strikeforce has...........earn the respect of mma fans...........sign with UFC. UFC is where the money is and we all know that. He almost in the same situation as Fedor was.

How can you say Overeem isn't ducking anyone????? The fact he would rather fight in K-1 is proof. Does K-1 pay more then Strikeforce, probably and that wouldn't surprise anyone. But the fact of the matter is if he really wants more money, get inside the Strikeforce cage...........beat the best Strikeforce has...........earn the respect of mma fans...........sign with UFC. UFC is where the money is and we all know that. He almost in the same situation as Fedor was.

I dont know if he wants to sign with UFC but all the other things you mentioned he is already doing actually

I dont know if he wants to sign with UFC but all the other things you mentioned he is already doing actually

I agree. He is FINALLY doing all of that. It took him 3 years to defend the Strikeforce HW title. That is why I think he has lost a lot of respect from MMA fans. Overeem really needs to beat Werdum in April to gain some of that respect back. Obviously had he been the one to beat Fedor (and not Bigfoot) then he would be the "new Fedor" and everyone would wonder what would happen if he fought the guys in UFC.

I agree. He is FINALLY doing all of that. It took him 3 years to defend the Strikeforce HW title. That is why I think he has lost a lot of respect from MMA fans. Overeem really needs to beat Werdum in April to gain some of that respect back. Obviously had he been the one to beat Fedor (and not Bigfoot) then he would be the "new Fedor" and everyone would wonder what would happen if he fought the guys in UFC.

he will be the champ and yes he will be then 1 in the HW division if cain wins JDS the probably he will be the 1 but thats not the deal

i was saying that Fedor at this points is not the 1 hw in the world but he have done more that these others so at this points hes the greatest HW hos have competed in MMA

when these other guys goes 10years undefeated when can talk about replacing that

Who has lost respect for Overeem? The UFC nut huggers who didn't and don't care for him because he's not in the UFC? Quit drinking the kool aid and quit hating. The UFC HW division is awful now that Carwin & Lesnar have been exposed. JDS & Cain are the clear top dogs, but both are young and inexperienced. Both are phenomenal though, I'm not taking that away from them, but they have a long ways to go to even match the careers of Fedor or Overeem. They could easily washout.

Go ask anyone that is actually involved in MMA and not just some internet troller and they'll tell you how much respect Overeem has. Go ask Joe Rogan. He's employed by the UFC, but he'll gladly claim Overeem as the baddest mother fucker on Earth. I don't know how you guys judge fighters, but it's clearly not by skill. Instead you judge fighters by where they are fighting at? Am I getting that right? So Struve is an elite fighter? Mitrione? Barry? Old man Nog? Nelson? Gatekeeper for life Mir? Afraid to get hit Lesnar? 1 round 1 dimensional Carwin? These guys are the best right? Because they fight for Dana?

guys like Shane Del Rosario Alistair Overeem Rafael Cavalcante Muhammed Lawal Gegard Mousasi Dan Henderson Ronaldo Souza Paul Daley Evangelista Santos and all others are there to avoid competition?

Shane Del Rosario: He's a good prospect. Hasn't beaten anyone of note yet though.

Alistair Overeem: Seems to thrive on lesser competition, perfect for Strikeforce...and is the face of their Heavyweight division now that Fedor has fallen. If he wins the Strikeforce Tournament, he'll be a top-3 Heavyweight easily.

Rafael Cavalcante: He'd be a gatekeeper in the UFC.

Muhammad Lawal: Mid-Card UFC contender in the 205 division.

Gegard Mousasi: One of my favorite fighters. He's awesome, and needs to come to the UFC for his big payday and media exposure.

Dan Henderson: Went to Strikeforce because they offered him ridiculous amounts of money. Dana White said that he would have done the same thing, were their positions switched. I think he just wants to put a good end to a long career...tons of money and a few more wins.

Ronaldo Souza: One of the best grapplers in the world. Seems like he's building his brand beating people out in the minor leagues...and would be an awesome addition to the UFC. Jacare vs. Maia anyone?

Paul Daley: The UFC doesn't want a sore loser who assaults other fighters after losing. If he grows up, then maybe he'll be given another chance...

Evangelista Santos: No. He sucks. Really?

Who has lost respect for Overeem? The UFC nut huggers who didn't and don't care for him because he's not in the UFC? Quit drinking the kool aid and quit hating. The UFC HW division is awful now that Carwin & Lesnar have been exposed. JDS & Cain are the clear top dogs, but both are young and inexperienced. Both are phenomenal though, I'm not taking that away from them, but they have a long ways to go to even match the careers of Fedor or Overeem. They could easily washout.

Go ask anyone that is actually involved in MMA and not just some internet troller and they'll tell you how much respect Overeem has. Go ask Joe Rogan. He's employed by the UFC, but he'll gladly claim Overeem as the baddest mother fucker on Earth. I don't know how you guys judge fighters, but it's clearly not by skill. Instead you judge fighters by where they are fighting at? Am I getting that right? So Struve is an elite fighter? Mitrione? Barry? Old man Nog? Nelson? Gatekeeper for life Mir? Afraid to get hit Lesnar? 1 round 1 dimensional Carwin? These guys are the best right? Because they fight for Dana?

Actually some one mentioned Brendan Schaub as one of the good HW in UFC :D

Shane Del Rosario: He's a good prospect. Hasn't beaten anyone of note yet though.

Alistair Overeem: Seems to thrive on lesser competition, perfect for Strikeforce...and is the face of their Heavyweight division now that Fedor has fallen. If he wins the Strikeforce Tournament, he'll be a top-3 Heavyweight easily.

Rafael Cavalcante: He'd be a gatekeeper in the UFC.

Muhammad Lawal: Mid-Card UFC contender in the 205 division.

Gegard Mousasi: One of my favorite fighters. He's awesome, and needs to come to the UFC for his big payday and media exposure.

Dan Henderson: Went to Strikeforce because they offered him ridiculous amounts of money. Dana White said that he would have done the same thing, were their positions switched. I think he just wants to put a good end to a long career...tons of money and a few more wins.

Ronaldo Souza: One of the best grapplers in the world. Seems like he's building his brand beating people out in the minor leagues...and would be an awesome addition to the UFC. Jacare vs. Maia anyone?

Paul Daley: The UFC doesn't want a sore loser who assaults other fighters after losing. If he grows up, then maybe he'll be given another chance...

Evangelista Santos: No. He sucks. Really?

So the only two guys are Paul and Santos who UFC really dont want and 1 of them not because hes bad and i also think Santos dont suck that much and his good for the promotion because his fights are pretty exciting to watch reminds me of Wanderlei Silva but that can also be argued !

a lot have the UFC hw division sucks you can understand by watching who is getting the tittle shot write now :D

Brock was with 1-1 record for UFC and his win was by decision and he got a tittle shot and who he beat? guy who had 2-2 in UFC with decision and split decision wins :D and after BIG win like that he deserves tittle shot :D

and now what? Brock looses but what happens? next fight after loose is fight who will be 1 for tittle fight COME ON :D

look at other divisions in UFC like Welterweight where Jon Fitch got tittle shot afther 8-0 in UFC and lost it and now hes 5-0 and cant get tittle shot :D

Just remember Fedor wasn't finished and still had a chance to win by decision while showing insane heart and chin in progress. His fighting time may be up, but he showed all aspects of being a great fighter.

People with that sentiment don't get it. The UFC IS MMA. Outside of a very small pocket of fans, nobody gives a shit about any MMA that isn't in the Octagon. They are the Kleenex of the tissue paper world.

Overeem, Bigfoot, Werdum, Melendez, Diaz, Mousasi, Eddie Alvarez, Kawajiri are all fighters who could be serious contenders in the UFC as far as I'm concerned.

UFC is where the money is and we all know that.

Actually I'm pretty sure that a lot of fighters earn more in Strikeforce than they ever could in the UFC.

A few of these guys are not with UFC, each for their own reason.

Overeem - Besides the fact he only has 1 fight in the US in the last 4 years, Overeem has more then likely taken steroids and has the potential to fail any post fight drug test.

In MMA isn't drug testing done by the athletic commission? Making it the same for the UFC and Strikeforce?

a lot have the UFC hw division sucks you can understand by watching who is getting the tittle shot write now :D

Brock was with 1-1 record for UFC and his win was by decision and he got a tittle shot and who he beat? guy who had 2-2 in UFC with decision and split decision wins :D and after BIG win like that he deserves tittle shot :D

and now what? Brock looses but what happens? next fight after loose is fight who will be 1 for tittle fight COME ON :D

look at other divisions in UFC like Welterweight where Jon Fitch got tittle shot afther 8-0 in UFC and lost it and now hes 5-0 and cant get tittle shot :D

Brock was given the title shot due to his immense popularity. While he surely didn't deserve it, he brought massive ratings with him. Besides, they might as well give him a title shot because of just how much money they are paying him.

The UFC Heavyweight Division has always been like that. Randy Couture once got a title shot coming off a two-loss streak. It's all based on who's popular first of all, and who deserves it second.

And giving a title shot to someone who just loss is better? (Brett vs Reem)

Just remember Fedor wasn't finished and still had a chance to win by decision while showing insane heart and chin in progress. His fighting time may be up, but he showed all aspects of being a great fighter.

lol

Brock was given the title shot due to his immense popularity. While he surely didn't deserve it, he brought massive ratings with him. Besides, they might as well give him a title shot because of just how much money they are paying him.

The UFC Heavyweight Division has always been like that. Randy Couture once got a title shot coming off a two-loss streak. It's all based on who's popular first of all, and who deserves it second.

and what does that makes UFC hw division? A CRAP !

And giving a title shot to someone who just loss is better? (Brett vs Reem)

lol

yes have to agree that also was a bad match up but now they have done it the why it should be in the tournament and have I already said the one who will win the tournament will be the 1 HW till the Cain wins JDS if JDS looses to Brock and Cain wins again Brock then NO! But you can say what ever you want non of the existing HW in MMA history haven't done want Fedor have done!

and yes no LOL on second one ! The Big Foot was almost gassed and the first round was for Fedor so the third would be the turn out round and Fedor have never been gassed his condition is great ! It Could go just like Brock vs Carwin !

humors you are a fool if you don't think Overeem roided. it's called cycling, that's how he passes the drug tests in the US

what is that ? :D

I just know he passed so i cant put out false statements that he uses something !

dude just check out his Liddell fight then look at his most recent fight.... c'monnnnn. just like how chael sonnen failed his post-silva fight drugtest and he claimed it was for a steroid (or something) he'd been using most of his life for his disability. ok then how did you not get caught in any of the other drug tests? cycling

dude just check out his Liddell fight then look at his most recent fight.... c'monnnnn. just like how chael sonnen failed his post-silva fight drugtest and he claimed it was for a steroid (or something) he'd been using most of his life for his disability. ok then how did you not get caught in any of the other drug tests? cycling

i know what is steroids and i know about Sonnen but i dont know what is cycling? what is that?

and its little different situations because Overeem haven't failed any tests