Strikeforce HW tournament 2011 !

It is a common courtesy on MMA forums to use a spoiler thread or at a very minimum if using an old thread post a warning post before the 1st spoiler of the thread so people know to stop reading at that point. Some people work, and others may be out of town or have any other number of reasons for missing it. Sometimes it is a simple timezone issue and they will see it a few hours later or the next day. Manners isn't the same thing as being a pussy. There is no need for the constant douche mode. I was watching the fights as they happened, so nothing was spoiled for me. But, I have manners and know that is not the case for everyone else. Stroke your e-peen somewhere else.

It is a common courtesy on MMA forums to use a spoiler thread or at a very minimum if using an old thread post a warning post before the 1st spoiler of the thread so people know to stop reading at that point. Some people work, and others may be out of town or have any other number of reasons for missing it. Sometimes it is a simple timezone issue and they will see it a few hours later or the next day. Manners isn't the same thing as being a pussy. There is no need for the constant douche mode. I was watching the fights as they happened, so nothing was spoiled for me. But, I have manners and know that is not the case for everyone else. Stroke your e-peen somewhere else.

Spoilers has nothing to do with manners. Noone is posting them to spite anyone. They forget or get carried away. It is the people who complain about it who have no manners. They always respond by calling names and insults. Just because someone has Tivo doesnt give them the right to not watch and tell everyone else what to do. same goes for people who are waiting to download it. Pay for it like everyone else and watch it live or leave people alone. Im all for people using spoilers. But the attacks on those who forget are lame. Its the same crap after every event.

• Downvote 1

I think it's common sense not to read a thread about the event you don't want to know the results of. And I'm sorry but actually the whole spoiler thing for sport events is silly. It's an actual event. It happened already. I live in Belgium and I'm a big basketball fan just like many others here, but when the NBA finals are on you either watch it live at 4 AM on a workday or read about it in the paper the next day. It's impossible to watch it later because everybody will talk about it. If I want to watch an MMA event I also stay up till 4 AM. The difference with MMA is that for a lot of the fans it's also common courtesy to wait till somebody uploads the event so they can download it illegally the day after.

I don't like to talk about the same thing in two different threads. I like to comment the predictions made. I don't want to put up a big spoiler warning when I talk about Lesnar beating Carwin a year ago. And I don't like to watch my step every second just to make sure that nobody feels insulted for not following their silly courtesies.

FROM NOW ON I WILL SPOIL EVERY FIGHT FROM EVERY EVENT ON EVERY FORUM IN EVERY THREAD ON THE INTERNET.

Consider that your spoiler warning.

• Downvote 1

I think it's common sense not to read a thread about the event you don't want to know the results of. And I'm sorry but actually the whole spoiler thing for sport events is silly. It's an actual event. It happened already. I live in Belgium and I'm a big basketball fan just like many others here, but when the NBA finals are on you either watch it live at 4 AM on a workday or read about it in the paper the next day. It's impossible to watch it later because everybody will talk about it. If I want to watch an MMA event I also stay up till 4 AM. The difference with MMA is that for a lot of the fans it's also common courtesy to wait till somebody uploads the event so they can download it illegally the day after.

I don't like to talk about the same thing in two different threads. I like to comment the predictions made. I don't want to put up a big spoiler warning when I talk about Lesnar beating Carwin a year ago. And I don't like to watch my step every second just to make sure that nobody feels insulted for not following their silly courtesies.

FROM NOW ON I WILL SPOIL EVERY SINGLE MMA EVENT ON EVERY SINGLE FORUM ON THE INTERNET IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD.

Consider that your spoiler warning.

+5

• Downvote 1

Spoilers has nothing to do with manners. Noone is posting them to spite anyone. They forget or get carried away. It is the people who complain about it who have no manners. They always respond by calling names and insults. Just because someone has Tivo doesnt give them the right to not watch and tell everyone else what to do. same goes for people who are waiting to download it. Pay for it like everyone else and watch it live or leave people alone. Im all for people using spoilers. But the attacks on those who forget are lame. Its the same crap after every event.

Funny, because I didn't insult anyone in my initial post asking that spoilers stay in the spoiler thread. You were the one who started flinging around insults. Steeve didn't even use insults in spite of his posts being the most aggressive prior to you jumping in. You were the one who escalated the discussion into the shit throwing. Manners doesn't just mean you are not trying to spite someone. If that is your definition it would explain a lot about why you always come across as not having any.

• Upvote 2

Funny, because I didn't insult anyone in my initial post asking that spoilers stay in the spoiler thread. You were the one who started flinging around insults. Steeve didn't even use insults in spite of his posts being the most aggressive prior to you jumping in. You were the one who escalated the discussion into the shit throwing. Manners doesn't just mean you are not trying to spite someone. If that is your definition it would explain a lot about why you always come across as not having any.

It also had predictions that everyone is going to quote and talk about. There is no reason to be in that thread if you choose not to watch the fights.

This was my reply to you. Where do i insult you or call you names? It didnt happen. You guys cant stand that my opinion on spoilers are different than your and you (not you specifically) start calling names.

This was my reply to you. Where do i insult you or call you names? It didnt happen. You guys cant stand that my opinion on spoilers are different than your and you (not you specifically) start calling names.

The spoilers thing didnt get out of hand until TUF noobs who are casual fans at best want to watch the fights (they care little about) at their leisure and come on forums acting like drama queens.

This post was the 1st one in the thread on the topic of spoilers that had insults in it.

• Upvote 1

This post was the 1st one in the thread on the topic of spoilers that had insults in it.

That post clearly want directed at you are any individial. I was talking about how the spoiler thing got started. Because it wasnt always going on. Just in the last 5-6 years has it because a problem after every event. So try again!

I never said anything was personally directed at me. Just that you were the 1st to start with the insults which in this case was calling those who care about spoilers drama queens. If as you say it has become a problem after every event then why the hell is it so offensive to make a simple post if you are the 1st guy posting a spoiler that says spoilers start here? Takes all of 2 seconds. Or if as in this case there was already a thread labeled spoiler and you wanted to post a spoiler why is it so hard to post there? There really is no reason not to unless it is your intention to be rude on purpose.

If it is a problem after every event it is only because guys like you make it a problem when they could simply post in the right location or make a warning post if they are the 1st in a thread to do so.

I never said anything was personally directed at me. Just that you were the 1st to start with the insults which in this case was calling those who care about spoilers drama queens. If as you say it has become a problem after every event then why the hell is it so offensive to make a simple post if you are the 1st guy posting a spoiler that says spoilers start here? Takes all of 2 seconds. Or if as in this case there was already a thread labeled spoiler and you wanted to post a spoiler why is it so hard to post there? There really is no reason not to unless it is your intention to be rude on purpose.

If it is a problem after every event it is only because guys like you make it a problem when they could simply post in the right location or make a warning post if they are the 1st in a thread to do so.

Ye it is a problem after every event. So people bitching is doing nothing but causing long drawn out arguments. You really think because you told someone not to do something that some one else isnt going to do it next time? The reason it happens is because it makes no sense at all to begin with. There is no logical reason for someone new or dont know any better to not post about he fight they just saw. So you are educated the world 1 person at a time 1 event at a time. All to satisfy the VERY few people who have a legit reason to not see it live. Stealing the event or Tivoing the event not being one of them.

As for there being a spoiler thread. It was two different threads. It would have been a pain in the ass to copy something from one thread and post it in another with a reply and people know what they hell you are talking about. That is also a lot of effort for 90% of the forum to make it convenient for those who are stealing copy righted material.

• Downvote 1

Ye it is a problem after every event. So people bitching is doing nothing but causing long drawn out arguments. You really think because you told someone not to do something that some one else isnt going to do it next time? The reason it happens is because it makes no sense at all to begin with. There is no logical reason for someone new or dont know any better to not post about he fight they just saw. So you are educated the world 1 person at a time 1 event at a time. All to satisfy the VERY few people who have a legit reason to not see it live. Stealing the event or Tivoing the event not being one of them.

As for there being a spoiler thread. It was two different threads. It would have been a pain in the ass to copy something from one thread and post it in another with a reply and people know what they hell you are talking about. That is also a lot of effort for 90% of the forum to make it convenient for those who are stealing copy righted material.

You know it is considered a common courtesy. You know that it is something that is moronically simple to avoid. Instead you dive head first into the action you know for a fact will cause the issue blaming others for what your actions cause. I know you weren't the one in this thread, but you made it painfully clear that is only because he beat you to it. Telling people to go fuck themselves for being upset isn't going to change the fact they are upset. It actually just makes it worse. There is no logical reason why if you are the 1st to post a spoiler you cannot place one word at the top of your post to let people know before reading it. One simple word and all this crap is avoided. The only reason not to is if you actually get off on pissing off others.

• Upvote 1

You know it is considered a common courtesy. You know that it is something that is moronically simple to avoid. Instead you dive head first into the action you know for a fact will cause the issue blaming others for what your actions cause. I know you weren't the one in this thread, but you made it painfully clear that is only because he beat you to it. Telling people to go fuck themselves for being upset isn't going to change the fact they are upset. It actually just makes it worse. There is no logical reason why if you are the 1st to post a spoiler you cannot place one word at the top of your post to let people know before reading it. One simple word and all this crap is avoided. The only reason not to is if you actually get off on pissing off others.

So ESPN can run the results over all their sports programs all over the world but people cant talk about it on a MMA forum! LOL.Well get used to it. ESPN dont think it is a common courtesy. They scroll the results immediately after the fights. All over the world. This is just a case of a few being selfish and trying to dictate to the rest of the world. From here on out my Sig will be the only spoiler anyone will get!

Not that hard to stay off the forums. I worked and couldnt watch it and got spoiled. Im not crying about it, big deal. You know to refrain from ESPN to keep from being spoiled, or are you gonna write MMA Live and tell them they spoiled an event for you? Should Sherdog not post news about events because their posters may see the results while logging into their forum accounts?

If you dont want to be spoiled then dont go to forums and threads that might have results. If this was a thread about somethign random with a spoiler in it I might see your point, but this is a thread about predictions about the event, WHAT ELSE COULD PEOPLE POSSIBLY BE POSTING ABOUT AFTER THE EVENT IN THIS THREAD?!!!!!

Not that hard to stay off the forums. I worked and couldnt watch it and got spoiled. Im not crying about it, big deal. You know to refrain from ESPN to keep from being spoiled, or are you gonna write MMA Live and tell them they spoiled an event for you? Should Sherdog not post news about events because their posters may see the results while logging into their forum accounts?

If you dont want to be spoiled then dont go to forums and threads that might have results. If this was a thread about somethign random with a spoiler in it I might see your point, but this is a thread about predictions about the event, WHAT ELSE COULD PEOPLE POSSIBLY BE POSTING ABOUT AFTER THE EVENT IN THIS THREAD?!!!!!

dont add strikeforce to your facebook. they give you round by round updates! lol

i hardly ever get spoiled when watching the fights the next day or 2, but you have to be diligent.

ESPN is a news channel. You are not a news anchor. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. As you yourself said, this happens every single time someone posts a spoiler without warning. But, you feel the need to repeat the action that causes this result. One word is not hard to type. It isn't a secret or something you are not aware of. Most MMA forums I have been a member of banned people for too many unannounced spoilers.

dont add strikeforce to your facebook. they give you round by round updates! lol

i hardly ever get spoiled when watching the fights the next day or 2, but you have to be diligent.

Again, subscribing to a spoiler alert is something that is automated and to be expected. There is no way you have the mental acuity to type out a full post but not enough to type 1 word if you are the 1st person in a thread to do so.

Again, subscribing to a spoiler alert is something that is automated and to be expected. There is no way you have the mental acuity to type out a full post but not enough to type 1 word if you are the 1st person in a thread to do so.

im sorry can you rephrase that? i dont understand.

What about Sherdog? What if im going to the forum and have to go through their main site? Go tell them to stop it. All the MMA news sites have public forums that cause the same problems. The simple solution is to stay the fuck off the forums.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

You mean like complaining about it every single time to no avail?

ESPN is a news channel. You are not a news anchor. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. As you yourself said, this happens every single time someone posts a spoiler without warning. But, you feel the need to repeat the action that causes this result. One word is not hard to type. It isn't a secret or something you are not aware of. Most MMA forums I have been a member of banned people for too many unannounced spoilers.

You mean like coming on a forum and getting spoiled over and over? If you dont have the IQ to realize that MMA news is discussed on this and other MMA forums then I have no sympathy for you. If you can't comprehend that threads about events may have spoilers in them post event then maybe you should just jump of a bridge. Especially if this happens to you every event.

What about Sherdog? What if im going to the forum and have to go through their main site? Go tell them to stop it. All the MMA news sites have public forums that cause the same problems. The simple solution is to stay the fuck off the forums.

You mean like complaining about it every single time to no avail?

I was already watching the fights, so I was not spoiled by anything. Maybe you missed that. I have just seen it enough times to know what would come next. This is also the 1st time you and I have ever had this discussion. As for Sherdog... You go to a news site and you get news. I actually got a 3 day ban there once for posting a spoiler in the wrong thread. UOC does the same thing only it can be much longer. All I posted was that spoilers should be labeled as spoilers. Simple and to the point without any e-peen or insults. You chose to make this some sort of pissing contest. I think I know why you claim to be such an expert on how to tell who is on roids and who isn't. After all, you seem to be loaded with rage. :P

Subscribing to Strikeforce's alerts on facebook will mean that alerts will be sent to you. Not difficult logic, here.

ya think? i just think its funny that i have them added even tho i dont want to get spoiled. and i manage pretty well so i dont know how some people can say its so hard to avoid spoilers.

I was already watching the fights, so I was not spoiled by anything. Maybe you missed that. I have just seen it enough times to know what would come next. This is also the 1st time you and I have ever had this discussion. As for Sherdog... You go to a news site and you get news. I actually got a 3 day ban there once for posting a spoiler in the wrong thread. UOC does the same thing only it can be much longer. All I posted was that spoilers should be labeled as spoilers. Simple and to the point without any e-peen or insults. You chose to make this some sort of pissing contest. I think I know why you claim to be such an expert on how to tell who is on roids and who isn't. After all, you seem to be loaded with rage. :P

You must be one of those tools who thinks that if you didnt inject a guy with roids you cant suggest he is on them. :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1