Waldorf Astoria vs Alpha Male

MattyBlayze

#1 WW in World  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Waldorf Astoria
    • Alpha Male

This Saturday, January 8th, at Big Kahunarena in Hilo, MMATycoon's premier MMA organization, Blitzkrieg, once again brings fight fans in Hilo one of the most anticipated matchups of all time as Alpha Male (3 WC/7 P4P) meets up with "The World Renowned" Waldorf Astoria (4 WC/16 P4P) for the #1 Contendership to the Blitzkrieg Welterweight Title currently held by "The Right Honorable" Arthur Meighen (2 WC/6 P4P).

Winner of the 2010 EEC Welterweight Grand Prix, Waldorf Astoria long worked his craft in the world-renowned CFC where he defeated all comers including Rick Robinson (x2), Pierre LePew (x2), Ervin Castillo and Johnny Chan. However, one fighter has continually been a thorn in the side of Astoria as three times he received title shots against former perennial #1 Lucas Lunar for the CFC WW Title, and three times Astoria was heartbroken. Lunar remains the only man to ever KO Astoria and the only man to beat him since 2009. Astoria came to Blitz in hopes of a new lease on life and debuted at Blitz 121 with a decision victory over KDU Champion, Mickey Noonan.

Facing Astoria will be the man who is arguably the #1 WW in the world, Alpha Male. Male has crafted his trade all over the world. After beginning his career in Rio where he suffered his only career loss in his first title fight for the Kings of Rio championship, Male moved to New York's EEC where he really made a name for himself. Male quickly won the EEC WW Title and proceeded to defend it 5 times - becoming the final EEC Champion when the organization closed its doors. With no place to call home, Male sought out the best competition he could find via SuperFight which lead him to an eventual matchup with Lucas Lunar in CFC. While many considered Lunar to be the #1 P4P fighter at the time, Male did what few thought was possible - he KOd Lunar with in 4 minutes of the opening bell to firmly entrench himself as the top WW in the World.

Now, both men have come to test themselves against the strongest WW division in the world. Can Astoria prove that, while his style conflicts with Lucas Lunar, he is rightfully the #1 WW in the World? Can Alpha Male begin to make a claim for #1 P4P? Saturday night promises to be an exciting event! Get in your bets here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/bookmakerpublic.php?bid=1881

Thanks, Burns.

I'm really intrigued by this fight. I think too many people immediately discount Astoria because he was finished 3x by Lunar and Alpha finished Lunar relatively quickly. Astoria has beaten a relative who's who of fighters - maybe he just doesn't match up well with Lunar. Male's opposition, while stiff, doesn't have the name recognition that Astoria's victim-list does. Some might argue that Alpha might not be as good as he looked in the fight versus Lunar - that he landed a vicious punch or kick early that changed the fight.

This is going to be an incredibly exciting fight and the winner of this will have a legitimate shot at earning #1 P4P status with a follow-up fight with Meighen. Good luck to both guys!

This is a great fight. I've long felt Astoria was a better fighter than his record/reputation held because of those losses to Lunar. I think that Luke/Lunar just had Astoria's number. Astoria decimated everyone else in that CFC WW division - and in fact Lunar/Astoria chased out some really impressed talent because nobody thought they could beat them.

Awesome fight - I don't discount Astoria at all just because he's lost to Lunar.

got to go with my boy mogul. i long felt that astoria is the best striker in the game and just got caught in the path of lunar. i think he is far better then his record shows and i think he will show why he is the no.1 WW in the game

Very interesting fight. I thought this one would be all Alpha Male, but either Waldorf has gotten a lot better, or for some reason or another Lunar just had his number. Either way there's a new king at WW, congrats.

Very interesting fight. I thought this one would be all Alpha Male, but either Waldorf has gotten a lot better, or for some reason or another Lunar just had his number. Either way there's a new king at WW, congrats.

I don't think Waldorf can ever really be the best welterweight in the world until he beats Lunar.

I think it what it comes down to is that style wise Lunar and Astoria are so similar that it came down to superior slider work by Luke in each of their fights.

Im pretty sure Waldorf Atoria won because he gets the super special bonus powers that come from training in my gym.

To be considered for these powers send 25k to one of my fighters then I will eat a magical cookie to decide if you can gain entry or not.

Im pretty sure Waldorf Atoria won because he gets the super special bonus powers that come from training in my gym.

To be considered for these powers send 25k to one of my fighters then I will eat a magical cookie to decide if you can gain entry or not.

Do this cookies contain THC? Do we have access to these cookies?

Do this cookies contain THC? Do we have access to these cookies?

If you send 25k to my fighter I will eat a super special magical cookie and the cookie will decide if you get access to its super special magiclccs...errr what was I saying again?