The Dumbest Loss Ever

Cmmagalis

For 14 minutes and 40 seconds he landed zero shots against my guy.

Ermm... What??? I can't believe what I've just seen. It appears that Franklyn has knocked out Silva from his back, whilst being mounted. Now I really have seen everything.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 4:40 of round 3, we have a winner by way of KO (Strikes). Wilson Franklyn!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=10366

wow.. 170 ground strikes

Either he has the best chin ever with the most powerful punches, or you possibly have the worst chi in the game,lol

actually your opponent does have wonderful boxing and I guess your fighter's chin is in the Arlovski category?

Maybe he just played around, he's actually the best fighter ever. Look at it. Takes 200 punches, waits till the last 20 seconds and knocks you out with one punch... while being mounted.

It's a bit funny though.

For 14 minutes and 40 seconds he landed zero shots against my guy.

Ermm... What??? I can't believe what I've just seen. It appears that Franklyn has knocked out Silva from his back, whilst being mounted. Now I really have seen everything.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 4:40 of round 3, we have a winner by way of KO (Strikes). Wilson Franklyn!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=10366

Wilson Franklyn should now immediately retire. There is nothing he could do now that would eclipse this performance. This is pretty much his legend.

Oh, and, bad luck there.

So how long until ground and pound is a viable tactic or at least not completely broken and useless?

It's definately viable, well GnP from the bottom seems to be at least :D

Seriously though, I think the problem was that his opponent had an extremely good chin, and he might not have a lot of KO power. His opponent also seems to have some KO power, being that his first fight was a TKO in 15 seconds. Without being able to see his secondary stats and tactics we can't tell a lot more. Oh and of course an extremely lucky hit from his opponent :)

It's definately viable, well GnP from the bottom seems to be at least :D

Seriously though, I think the problem was that his opponent had an extremely good chin, and he might not have a lot of KO power. His opponent also seems to have some KO power, being that his first fight was a TKO in 15 seconds. Without being able to see his secondary stats and tactics we can't tell a lot more. Oh and of course an extremely lucky hit from his opponent :)

No, he's right, it's really tough to finish a fight with GNP, cause the ref doesn't stop the fight, which is usually what happens in real life when you are mounted and getting whaled on with hard shots and not improving your position at all. although i can't speak for Tycoon, I'm sure he'll try and fix it, he fixed the game to put in more KO's, and it definitely helped.

But yea, as of now hopefully the ground and pounders can win by cut stoppage or decision.

the bigger problem is not that the fight wasnt finished via GNP it the fact that he fucking KOed the guy with a strike from being mounted which is literally fucking impossible no matter what excuse you try and make that just cant and doesnt happen due to the fact that you have no leverage from that postition in order to create enough power to KO someone.

its just stupid that this would even occur.

GNP finishes do need to have that ref stoppage adding, absolutely. Once bookmakers is done I will be spending a fair amount of time working on the fight engine.

In terms of KOs from being mounted, it has happened. It's on youtube somewhere. We've had about 12000 fights on here or something like that and it's happened twice so far I think.

the bigger problem is not that the fight wasnt finished via GNP it the fact that he fucking KOed the guy with a strike from being mounted which is literally fucking impossible no matter what excuse you try and make that just cant and doesnt happen due to the fact that you have no leverage from that postition in order to create enough power to KO someone.

its just stupid that this would even occur.

Actually it's not. I've seen a fight where this exact thing happened.

Searching for it now and will hopefully return with a .gif

GNP finishes do need to have that ref stoppage adding, absolutely. Once bookmakers is done I will be spending a fair amount of time working on the fight engine.

In terms of KOs from being mounted, it has happened. It's on youtube somewhere. We've had about 12000 fights on here or something like that and it's happened twice so far I think.

I must see this, what was one of the fighters' names?

im actually suprised it doesnt happen more, the theory being that none of your power gets lost. if you think about a punch, when its landed, as the fist connects, the same amount of force is exerted back as well, decreasing the power of the punch. if you are lay on your back, you arnt moving the entire world, so all that power should in theory go straight through your fist and into their head, bewm, ko. the only downside to this is that your arm or hand is more likely to break, and also that you lose the kinetic linking from the feet, through the hips etc, but to be honest a lot of mma fighters just through arm punches anyway, theres no hip action at all in a lot of fights. so for some people, this could be their best chance to ko someone

GnP is becoming more effective--definetely. I was winning an entire fight, and had a good chin--but my guy was rocked from a single punch from the mount and submitted--by a lesser BJJ guy. So at the very least I think it can be very effective in setting up the finish.