Evans vs Machida. Who you got?

MMATycoon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm leaning towards machida here. if we can agree on one thing it's that machida brings a very different style of fighting compared to most mma fighters. he will be very elusive and try to frustrate evans. evans is very talented, but i think machida's technique wins it.

whoever wins i hope it's a good fight. :mf_popcorn1:

If Forrest won first two rounds standing up with Rashad, why Machida couldn't?

That thought came into my mind today :D

And I think Machida has better wrestling than Forrest too

This is true, Forrest was winning because of his reach advantage and then he got caught. That's how Rashad fights though he counters with powerful hooks. I don't think Rashad will win a stand up fight, and I don't think his game plan will be to attempt that. He needs to clinch and dirty box and try to take Machida down.

This is true, Forrest was winning because of his reach advantage and then he got caught. That's how Rashad fights though he counters with powerful hooks. I don't think Rashad will win a stand up fight, and I don't think his game plan will be to attempt that. He needs to clinch and dirty box and try to take Machida down.

Agreed, I think that's the best way for him to win..

But Machida is so elusive, man, I can't imagine him on the ground =/

Agreed, I think that's the best way for him to win..

But Machida is so elusive, man, I can't imagine him on the ground =/

I totally agree with you, if you look at the fight on paper and how they have both fought, Machida should win and control the pace of the fight. There's just intangibles in this fight that I can't get past. Those being they are both undefeated and continue to step up every time through adversity and theres a confidence that Rashad will have the best possible game plan and that helps out a lot. Jackson camp is always a big intangible they have what I think is the best camp, they have great guys who help each other. Rashad gets to train with an awkward and elusive striker in Jardine, Nate Marquart, and of course GSP. I think if this is a close fight or a gritty, dirty fight rashad's training and his corner will have the advantage, it's just up to him to drag it there. If the fight is a battle of finesse and Machida get to dictate the pace then it will be one sided and really frustrating for Rashad.

Machida should be the favorite, I believe him to be the more skilled fighter, if Rashad has a good game plan that he can put into place then I favor Rashad. I don't know if hes gonna be able to do that though.

About training camp, you're right about Rashad having good training partners, but IMO no one is even close than what Machida will bring to this fight..

Training with GSP will improve your wrestling and strike defense (Machida will bring another type os strking and will not try to take Rashad down using wrestling, but Judo throws, who in Jackson camp is good at that? No one!)

Nate is an fighter that always move foward, the opposite of Machida..

Jardine is probably the best sparring there, and if Rashad train a lot of him, with Greg Jackson planning his gameplan, Machida can be in trouble, 'cause awkward for ankward, Jardine is more than Machida. But Jardine striking isn't even closer to be accurate as Machida..

With that said, I don't think that camps will make some good difference for Rashad, the man that can help him, is Greg Jackson.

And as you said, if Rashad put his gameplan, he will have a GREAT chance of winning this fight, but I just can't see that happen as I said before 100x times :D

• 2 weeks later...

To keep it brief, Machida. The guy is an anomaly, I don't think he's even lost a 30 second span inside the Octagon, much less a round. Rashad has a hell of a task to crack the code to figuring out how to stop what Machida does. He better start drinking his own piss to keep up with Lyoto's mysticism. :coffee:

I've got to lean towards Machida, it's true Rashad is peaking right now, he looks better than ever and has come a loooong way IMO. I think it's going to be a great fight but Rashad is going to make the same mistakes everybody else makes and that is pretty much engaging Machida in any way. Machida has only 1 flaw in his style that I've noticed, well...1 and 1/2 flaws. He keeps his hands low or awkwardly in some situations. The one thing I know Rashad is thinking about is how Machida keeps that chin high in the air, especially when moving backwards and even when he uses angles. Machida never keeps his chin tucked and eventually someone will put him to sleep with 1 shot if it lands on that high chin. This is the only flaw I've seen of Machida so far. The jury is still out on his heart and his ability to take punishment and weather the storm of course because he's never really been in a knock down drag out brawl.....one day we'll see though, he ain't god but he will IMO beat Rashad. (as much as I like and respect him)

Machida for sure. The man hasn't lost a round in the UFC, he dominated tito which had a draw against rashad. I think rashad is better but machida is a machine. The mans defense is insane and training with anderson silva I bet helps quite a bit. I would expect rashad to not win a round. If he can't take machida down.

Rashad beat chuck who I think chuck would beat him 8 out of ten times. Rashad was losing and got 1 punch in. Chuck does need a better chin but not much you can do about that and then he beat forest who lets not lie to ourselves sucks. Well sucks isn't teh right word but he isn't the greatest not top 5 even though they put him there in the rankings. Rashad doesn't even through that many punches and machida can't be hit. Guys throwing regular punches can't hit him let alone trying to end it all with 1. Thats just my opinion but rampage is the real test for the dragon.

Machida for sure. The man hasn't lost a round in the UFC, he dominated tito which had a draw against rashad. I think rashad is better but machida is a machine. The mans defense is insane and training with anderson silva I bet helps quite a bit. I would expect rashad to not win a round. If he can't take machida down.

Rashad beat chuck who I think chuck would beat him 8 out of ten times. Rashad was losing and got 1 punch in. Chuck does need a better chin but not much you can do about that and then he beat forest who lets not lie to ourselves sucks. Well sucks isn't teh right word but he isn't the greatest not top 5 even though they put him there in the rankings. Rashad doesn't even through that many punches and machida can't be hit. Guys throwing regular punches can't hit him let alone trying to end it all with 1. Thats just my opinion but rampage is the real test for the dragon.

I think that Rashad is the perfect test, IMO, if Rashad fights Chuck again, he win, and if he fight with Rampage, he wins too.

But the man he's facing is Machida, so, no deal :D

so lets see here

"The Rash" KTFO of Chuck, I'm getting to old for this, Liddell and beats Forrest so he has some skills

"The Dragon" is a fucking ninja, he doesn't get hit, and can inflict some serious pain on an individual

I see this going to the second, and Machida will TKFO of "The Rash" and hold the belt for a long time

I've got to lean towards Machida, it's true Rashad is peaking right now, he looks better than ever and has come a loooong way IMO. I think it's going to be a great fight but Rashad is going to make the same mistakes everybody else makes and that is pretty much engaging Machida in any way. Machida has only 1 flaw in his style that I've noticed, well...1 and 1/2 flaws. He keeps his hands low or awkwardly in some situations. The one thing I know Rashad is thinking about is how Machida keeps that chin high in the air, especially when moving backwards and even when he uses angles. Machida never keeps his chin tucked and eventually someone will put him to sleep with 1 shot if it lands on that high chin. This is the only flaw I've seen of Machida so far. The jury is still out on his heart and his ability to take punishment and weather the storm of course because he's never really been in a knock down drag out brawl.....one day we'll see though, he ain't god but he will IMO beat Rashad. (as much as I like and respect him)

the way he holds his hands and chin is all to lure fighters in, then he springs, and moves. People complain he "runs", but in your own right mind would you stand there and take a punch? He is the best fighter the UFC has right now, GSP has become a takedown machine after getting KTFO, Anderson fights people who should not be in the ring with him, BJ is too busy in court, and Brock is even further down the line from the TUF noobs. Machida is the fucking man, and I hope he keeps the belt for a long time, after he destroys "The Rash" of course

• 2 weeks later...

i think Lyoto wont have much trouble with Rashad. Rashad has improved a lot and has become a well rounded fighter, better than Rampage even ... but Lyoto looks to be - much like A. Silva, GSP and Fedor - to be fighting on another planent right now. he has incredible skills and the mind to go with it.

their gonne feel each other out in the first round before Lyoto gets very serious very quickly in the second and ends it via submission. Joe Rogans gonna go nuts.

i think Lyoto wont have much trouble with Rashad. Rashad has improved a lot and has become a well rounded fighter, better than Rampage even ... but Lyoto looks to be - much like A. Silva, GSP and Fedor - to be fighting on another planent right now. he has incredible skills and the mind to go with it.

their gonne feel each other out in the first round before Lyoto gets very serious very quickly in the second and ends it via submission. Joe Rogans gonna go nuts.

Just hope that Joe Rogan doesnt act like Mir did in Torres fight xD

I'm surprised by how enamoured people are with Machida. Machida's a very good fighter, but this isn't, IMO, someone in the Anderson Silva/GSP class of fighter.

He's also at a different stage in his career than Silva/GSP/Fedor. He is relatively young in his career, compared.

The guy KOed Rich Franklin in his 3rd fight, and he just keeps getting better and better. He takes little damage so he will be able to have a long career, unlike guys like Nog that look like death at 32. The dude has near unlimited potential, I think Dana is right that one day he could be considered the best p4p in the world.

Machida should take the title IMO, I haven't been this amped for a fight in ages :)

He's also at a different stage in his career than Silva/GSP/Fedor. He is relatively young in his career, compared.

The guy KOed Rich Franklin in his 3rd fight, and he just keeps getting better and better. He takes little damage so he will be able to have a long career, unlike guys like Nog that look like death at 32. The dude has near unlimited potential, I think Dana is right that one day he could be considered the best p4p in the world.

Machida should take the title IMO, I haven't been this amped for a fight in ages :)

Yeah, Nog has an eye problem, that probably will make him retire soon, sadly =/

Machida is like Bonjansky, doesn't want to get hurt, and guess what, Remy is K-1 World Max Champion, and Machida maybe will be UFC LHW champion, and as Remy, probably will keep it for a long time

I have Machida taking it, probably via late TKO, but he's my favorite fighter so take it with a grain of salt.

I think Rashad is probably the most difficult LHW Machida could face stylistically. Machida relies a lot upon his speed, and Rashad has nearly the speed to match him, as well as a great coach in Jackson that might be able to bring together a gameplan that can break down Lyoto. I think a big factor will be that Rashad may not be willing to chase Machida like everyone else has, and risk being countered.

The flipside is, if you stay on the outside and wait for Machida, he'll batter you with inside leg kicks, and feints to open up the straight left. It's really pick your poison, but that's how I envision the matchup happening. Should be a very technical battle, probably with Rashad and Machida circling and feinting in the early rounds. I think Machida will edge out those early rounds and force Rashad into pressing the action or risk dropping more rounds than he can afford--and when that happens...lights out.

I have Machida taking it, probably via late TKO, but he's my favorite fighter so take it with a grain of salt.

I think Rashad is probably the most difficult LHW Machida could face stylistically. Machida relies a lot upon his speed, and Rashad has nearly the speed to match him, as well as a great coach in Jackson that might be able to bring together a gameplan that can break down Lyoto. I think a big factor will be that Rashad may not be willing to chase Machida like everyone else has, and risk being countered.

The flipside is, if you stay on the outside and wait for Machida, he'll batter you with inside leg kicks, and feints to open up the straight left. It's really pick your poison, but that's how I envision the matchup happening. Should be a very technical battle, probably with Rashad and Machida circling and feinting in the early rounds. I think Machida will edge out those early rounds and force Rashad into pressing the action or risk dropping more rounds than he can afford--and when that happens...lights out.

Excellent analysis there I reckon :)