Changes in training

I wonder what changes Mike was talking about making next week to training that are going to make 1 on 1 less important? Any ideas?

if 1 on 1 gets weaker its gonna make it impossible for the new guys to ever be as good as the current best

That's been my concern, too.

EDIT: Mike's a smart cookie, though, he'll do his best to make it as fair as possible for everyone.

I am guessing:

A. Increases non-1-to-1 training's effectiveness to close the skill gain gap between 1-to-1 and 1-to-2 and so on.

B. Decreases 1-to-1 training's effectiveness to close the skill gap in another way.

I am leaning to A.

not really there are other things in the horizon ---- maintaining skills and skill degradation by age

Skill degradation is the only way the new guys can rise and the old can fall. Can't wait for it to be implemented even tho I have quite a few older fighters. Its just natural order...a rise, a prime and a fall.

• Upvote 1

where are we going to put the goal posts next?

I will never call anyone a noob , but the fact is some people have been playing this game for over two years , and i think they deserve an advantage

sorry to offend newer players , but we do have veteran players with veteran fighters.

SPOILLER ALERT

randy was to old in ufc 129 he has finnished now but how old is he?

END OF SPOLLER ALERT

an mmatycoon fighter should be expected to hold form untill around 34 or 35 as in real life

this doesnt stop the john joneses of mmatycoon from showing up.

go and tell dan henderson he is to old to fight , but circle to the left while doing so :)

• Downvote 1

Stop whinging before you know what's going to happen. After it's all done, then you are more than welcome to appraise the changes. All changes are being done in consultation with senior managers, so you won't get anything that's not universally agreed to first amongst a group of people who have a lot of experience.

• Upvote 4

this is strictly a guess...but what i think will happen is mike is gonna make LARGER sparring classes generate better results than a 1v1 sparring session. by doing that it will create a feather in the public gyms cap.

also, since mike is apparently aiming at such a broad range of training (2-12) then that tells me that he's again trying to shuffle a little more ammo towards public gyms. because if larger sparring classes are gonna be the way to go then that of course is going to water down all coach training. because gym sizes are going to swell to big big numbers. so then mike has decided to mellow out 2-12 so that public gyms will actually be able to provide good training in both aspects, sparring and coaching.

that's just my guess though :)

10-12 people per session is still gunna be pretty shit, don't worry about that :P

People are still going to want to be in less than 4 in a class when they can afford it.... it's just that people starting out will be able to get decent, cheap training in 6-8 sort of range.

if 1 on 1 gets weaker its gonna make it impossible for the new guys to ever be as good as the current best

Well hopefully some people begin to age before too long

We have already had imbalances like

- when I created a fighter with Creation ID 99996 and one week later, new fighters were given a bunch of additional starting points.

- when conditioning and strength were modified for a month, then unmodified...

The game needs to evolve, so be it.

Well hopefully some people begin to age before too long

We have already had imbalances like

- when I created a fighter with Creation ID 99996 and one week later, new fighters were given a bunch of additional starting points.

- when conditioning and strength were modified for a month, then unmodified...

The game needs to evolve, so be it.

Any decent reductions to 1 on 1 gains would make a much much bigger difference though and would have to come with degradation (which I hear it will eventually).

Mike will implemant sessions in gym where your fighter has to pay to get his training , let's say your fighter has 1200$ he will pay 600$ for the gym fees , plus let's say he don't see any sessions he would like to be he will pay 25$for 1 session to get a 2-2 training in any skills he want .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mike will implemant sessions in gym where your fighter has to pay to get his training , let's say your fighter has 1200$ he will pay 600$ for the gym fees , plus let's say he don't see any sessions he would like to be he will pay 25$for 1 session to get a 2-2 training in any skills he want .

Loolike a nice add! Actually sometimes you don't pay private gyms (which are rare in RL) but private lessons

Loolike a nice add! Actually sometimes you don't pay private gyms (which are rare in RL) but private lessons

Jacky is just making stuff up. If the poster is not Mike or part of Group: Developer, take their comments with a grain of salt

• Upvote 1