Shady Tactics

Seems weird that a top 5 rank manager Barnabas Sackett pick up such an old fighter, Wolfgang Kratorius that is clearly past his prime.

Kratorius was contract less before being picked up by Sackett. But soon after Sackett signed a new contract with VENDETTA. Shortly after been signed to VENDETTA, Kratorius was stripped of all his funds then put back into FA. Seems to be strange thing.

Forgot to mention one detail, the owner of VENDETTA is TK Montana. Both Sackett and Montana belong to The Broken Halo Pride alliance.

Seems strange that Broken Halo would use these tactics to increase their revenue. Maybe I am wrong and there is a logic reason behind it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's shady (not to the extent that it would be in real life), but "shadiness" is a commodity in these parts. I suppose there is no reason to have qualms or bouts of moral concern about an online fantasy game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nothing wrong with the stripping of funds part it in my book, but hiring a free agent to sign him to your buddies org and then release him is a bit lame.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Agreed. Stripping of funds I have no problem with, but signing him to a (no doubt) long and cheap contract is pretty weak.

• Downvote 2

The only thing I don't get is, why give him a 2k signing bonus then take it away? Seems kind of pointless, just give him a $1 signing bonus and keep the money.

Seems weird that a top 5 rank manager Barnabas Sackett pick up such an old fighter, Wolfgang Kratorius that is clearly past his prime.

Kratorius was contract less before being picked up by Sackett. But soon after Sackett signed a new contract with VENDETTA. Shortly after been signed to VENDETTA, Kratorius was stripped of all his funds then put back into FA. Seems to be strange thing.

Forgot to mention one detail, the owner of VENDETTA is TK Montana. Both Sackett and Montana belong to The Broken Halo Pride alliance.

Seems strange that Broken Halo would use these tactics to increase their revenue. Maybe I am wrong and there is a logic reason behind it.

Its funny that we'd see a thread where AA gets lambasted for doing something very similar to this while someone from an arguably 'respected' Alliance does this, and everyone says 'Its part of the game'!

Kinda hypocritical of the community there, guys - you either think its a scumbag move or you don't - you can't alter your opinion based on who is doing it!

Jackson - This is why I've been saying that fighters should not be able to be released while under contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why does it even matter? Seems like the worst thing they did was sign the fighter to a crappy contract and then release him. When people are going for free agents, unless they are a total dumbass, they can just check the contract and decide if they want the guy. Worst case scenario is: the guy retires because no one wanted a guy who was stuck in a horrible contract. So what? "Oh no, a good fighter retired!" Who cares, there's like a billion fighters in this game. Make a new guy, or sign someone else.

I dunno. I usually don't rant, and I admit I'm kind of a dumbass, so I'm probably missing something important. But I don't really see this as being all that bad, compared to all the other shady ass garbage people pull.

• Upvote 1

Why does it even matter? Seems like the worst thing they did was sign the fighter to a crappy contract and then release him. When people are going for free agents, unless they are a total dumbass, they can just check the contract and decide if they want the guy. Worst case scenario is: the guy retires because no one wanted a guy who was stuck in a horrible contract. So what? "Oh no, a good fighter retired!" Who cares, there's like a billion fighters in this game. Make a new guy, or sign someone else.

I dunno. I usually don't rant, and I admit I'm kind of a dumbass, so I'm probably missing something important. But I don't really see this as being all that bad, compared to all the other shady ass garbage people pull.

I think the issue isn't necessarily looking out for the dumbass, but the noob who doesn't know better...

Couple of scenarios that play out in a situation like this:

a ) managers don't want to be tied down to 5 fights at 4/6 and don't pick up the fighter and he retires

b ) manager picks up fighter, requests release, and is released

c ) manager picks up fighters, requests release, org owner tries to screw over manager further, manager either re-sacks or sits out contract

d ) manager picks up fighter, doesn't know better because he is a noob, and is stuck in a 5-fight contract at rather low pay

In most of those situations, that sounds like its giving too much power to the org owner (and I'm an org owner). On the other hand, for org owners signing fighters and the fighters being sacked mid-contract, this prevents org owners being screwed by that. Seems win-win (even if I know Mike hates it!) :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its funny that we'd see a thread where AA gets lambasted for doing something very similar to this while someone from an arguably 'respected' Alliance does this, and everyone says 'Its part of the game'!

Kinda hypocritical of the community there, guys - you either think its a scumbag move or you don't - you can't alter your opinion based on who is doing it!

Jackson - This is why I've been saying that fighters should not be able to be released while under contract.

Wrong. It's not black and white, it's a scale.

If someone were signed to a 100k/100k contract over 5 fights before being released there wouldn't be a problem.

AA's deal of 7 fights @ 1000/3000k for OneRoundSapp isn't a, "scumbag move" as you called it in that thread.

A scumbag move would be a 99 fight deal @ 1/1, as I've seen many, many times.

The deal I gave to Kratorius was fair: 4000/6000 over 5 fights.

So, it's not absolute, it depends on the contract. And as Grasman et al have said, that's not a rip-off contract.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Wrong. It's not black and white, it's a scale.

If someone were signed to a 100k/100k contract over 5 fights before being released there wouldn't be a problem.

AA's deal of 7 fights @ 1000/3000k for OneRoundSapp isn't a, "scumbag move" as you called it in that thread.

A scumbag move would be a 99 fight deal @ 1/1, as I've seen many, many times.

The deal I gave to Kratorius was fair: 4000/6000 over 5 fights.

So, it's not absolute, it depends on the contract. And as Grasman et al have said, that's not a rip-off contract.

Picking up a fighter and signing him with your own org then releasing him is a scumbag move no matter how much you pay the fighter.

Who are you to decide where the new manager are gonna fight with him?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Picking up a fighter and signing him with your own org then releasing him is a scumbag move no matter how much you pay the fighter.

Who are you to decide where the new manager are gonna fight with him?

Ridiculous post. Of course it's not, "a scumbag move no matter how much you pay the fighter"

Would releasing someone with a 100k/100k deal be a "scumbag move"? Only an idiot would think so.

A 1/1 contract over 99 fights IS a scumbag move.

Anyway, as others have said, it's MMATycoon ffs, this sort of thing happens all the time, and my contract of 4k/6k isn't a rip-off.

1. Any manager who wants him can see the deal in advance

2. If they don't like the deal they don't have to pick him up

3. If they want the fighter but don't like the deal they can PM me about it

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ridiculous post. Of course it's not, "a scumbag move no matter how much you pay the fighter"

Would releasing someone with a 100k/100k deal be a "scumbag move"? Only an idiot would think so.

Anyway, as others have said, it's MMATycoon ffs, this sort of thing happens all the time, and my contract of 4k/6k isn't a rip-off.

Following the logic of #3, they could also have contacted you about a contract after picking the fighter up if they were interested in fighting for your organization.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like i said who are you to decide where the new manager are gonna fight with him? Does not mather how good or bad the contract is what you just did is a scumbag move.

And to try and justify it by saying that it is done all the time is just pathetic you are no better then AA and i think you know that to!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

it's a shame to let the fighter with ony 6$ , he should at least let him with 3k for training .

this manager http://mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=24715

did the same with one of my first fighter i sacked a long time ago

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=47288,

he was then mannaged by an other manager i forget his name who don't wash his money before sack him

then he picked him and released him in the same day let him only about 100$ (he had about 40k).

Actually a non vip manager took him and had to give him some money to train him in a decent gym.

it's a practice i understand but you should let at least 2k-3k to the fighter.

i didnt realise this kinda stuff was even frowned upon let alone any kind of wrong doing. When i go to release a fighter i usually let the org owner know and re-new his contract so the org owner doesnt lose the guy, thats the same kinda thing and i had no idea it was the wrong way to go about it.

Picking a guy up for money is something ppl actually look for to help with private gyms etc, again i didnt know it was wrong to do that i think its fairly normal. So the only issue left is signing him to a new org... a pretty solid org with a pretty decent wage at that... dont see a problem at all here other than ppl wanting to moan for the sake of moaning cuz thats all that seems to happen on every single forum created ever

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

i didnt realise this kinda stuff was even frowned upon let alone any kind of wrong doing. When i go to release a fighter i usually let the org owner know and re-new his contract so the org owner doesnt lose the guy, thats the same kinda thing and i had no idea it was the wrong way to go about it.

Picking a guy up for money is something ppl actually look for to help with private gyms etc, again i didnt know it was wrong to do that i think its fairly normal. So the only issue left is signing him to a new org... a pretty solid org with a pretty decent wage at that... dont see a problem at all here other than ppl wanting to moan for the sake of moaning cuz thats all that seems to happen on every single forum created ever

4k/6k is a pretty solid wage for a guy who could main event the 2k arena? (at least) Say waaat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inW6fhmr7Jk

Judging by the timeline of events, it would appear that the TS wanted that FA for himself or for his org and started slinging shit when he realised he didn't get him.

TS released a fighter shortly after Kratorius appeared on the FA market over a week ago, and the TS hasn't filled that empty slot yet. Then, on the morning after Kratorius is released by Barn, at 7.21am, the TS makes this thread, no doubt pissed off that he's just realised that someone has beaten him to the punch.

As for labeling it a scumbag move, get real people, utter rubbish. It happens all the time, and with far, far worse contracts than what I set him up with.

@ Crisse:

"Who am I to decide where the new manager fights him?"

Whoever posesses a fighter is free to do whatever they want with him. Barn helped me out by signing a fair contract to the org, and it's up to whomever fancies acquiring him to decide whether it's a good acquistion or not. And by claiming that it isn't done all the time, well, now you're just being either very stupid or very naive. Or both.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1