Shady Tactics

No, my only argument, and one which I stand by, is that it's common practice and I've not taken the piss.

Me bringing up the good I've done is in response to Matty suggesting that I don't try to improve things, which is rubbish, and again something which I'll stand by.

Maybe word things better because that's not what most of us thought you were implying.

• Downvote 1

alternatively you could just not read it...

I actually haven't read most of it. I read the first page and skimmed the last page before I posted. The point was that this kind of whiny thread happens far too often and involves tenured managers who should know better.

I am stunned that what seems to really be a non-issue has turned into a 6 page thread and growing. Well respected managers sign their fighters to org or renegotiate contracts in orgs before releasing all the time. Well respected managers also grab FAs for their money. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what happened here. As far as I am concerned, the only mistake TK made was not getting a fight signed before Barnabas released him. This whole issue would have gone down cleaner if people werent so worried about their rep in the game sometimes. TK should have just said "yeah, that is what happened... so the fuck what." That is just my opinion.

• Upvote 3

Dear god, you're like a bunch of fucking sheep, drop it already... It's very pathetic the amount of people who feel the need to write what others have already said multiple times. over something that doesn't even warrant a thread in the first place.

If I seen this, I'd maybe think about how a little lame it is for about 2 seconds then that would be it... But however you see it, stop fucking repeating yourselfs and drop it already.

You all trying to get people to "+" your damn posts or something?

• Upvote 2

The thing I hate most about threads like these are the people who whine about people whining. A lot of the time they're the biggest contributers to the thread they hate so passionately. X, love you all, except you TK.

• Downvote 2

I have zero problem with TK or AA doing anything of this nature. FA is a market and you can only release one guy every 15 days. Just to do this once you have to cut a guy, pick up a FA, sign him to an org, wait until the 15 period is up and release him. You could do 24 in a year like that if you dedicated yourself to it entirely while giving up one fighter slot for the duration.

These fighters had no manager, got picked up by one, and that manager can basically do whatever they want with them.

If there are noobs cruising that end of the FA pool who somehow pick up a guy like that without knowing anything about contracts or reading what they have well damn... you simply can't have everything be covered in Nerf padding.

• Upvote 2

The thing I hate most about threads like these are the people who whine about people whining. A lot of the time they're the biggest contributers to the thread they hate so passionately. X, love you all, except you TK.

Kinda like whining about people who whine about whiners? See what I did there? We can go on all day with this loool.

Like I said in the past, people love the dirty laundry...that's why these threads blowup and threads about good deeds and positivity, sink.

You might not have noticed in my two years on the forum j666, but I seriously love this kind of threads. I think that internet is the best way to find out what your social status would be in the middle ages.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BZYmXB9kayE/SbL8J-lmT9I/AAAAAAAAAsw/NwqNmNh2Phk/s400/schandpaal2.jpg

TK, and rightfully so I might add.

• Downvote 2

You might not have noticed in my two years on the forum j666, but I seriously love this kind of threads. I think that internet is the best way to find out what your social status would be in the middle ages.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BZYmXB9kayE/SbL8J-lmT9I/AAAAAAAAAsw/NwqNmNh2Phk/s400/schandpaal2.jpg

That's what I missed about u steeve. :)

I have zero problem with TK or AA doing anything of this nature. FA is a market and you can only release one guy every 15 days. Just to do this once you have to cut a guy, pick up a FA, sign him to an org, wait until the 15 period is up and release him. You could do 24 in a year like that if you dedicated yourself to it entirely while giving up one fighter slot for the duration.

These fighters had no manager, got picked up by one, and that manager can basically do whatever they want with them.

If there are noobs cruising that end of the FA pool who somehow pick up a guy like that without knowing anything about contracts or reading what they have well damn... you simply can't have everything be covered in Nerf padding.

It is only 24 a year, but you can get your friends to do it and add more to the pool.

Also, to make it much more efficient, you might want 2 slots, one for bidding and the other waiting to be kicked out as the release pops. Just to make sure you have someone ready to cut.

Steve just brings...that special something...brutal.

Its funny that we'd see a thread where AA gets lambasted for doing something very similar to this while someone from an arguably 'respected' Alliance does this, and everyone says 'Its part of the game'!

Kinda hypocritical of the community there, guys - you either think its a scumbag move or you don't - you can't alter your opinion based on who is doing it!

Jackson - This is why I've been saying that fighters should not be able to be released while under contract.

LOL- you nailed it. I remember the shit I took when I picked up a free agent to get his 40K. It was supposedly up there with pissing on the bible, according to some of the people who now apparently are OK with that.

I'm not having a problem with this at all. It's common practice and noobs aren't being takeb advantage of since they can view the contract.

• Upvote 2

I'm not having a problem with this at all. It's common practice and noobs aren't being takeb advantage of since they can view the contract.

This. The discussion should end with this.

• Upvote 2

This was my first forum scandal and I must say that most of you guys are VERY entertaining. I am hoping this will bring me enough profile views to get me on the list Franky posted in the hall of fame thread. http://mmatycoon.com/profileviews.php Maybe then people will see me as more than just a shady, overranked, haddock swinger. :winner:

Now about that lunch money.....come on now that even made me lol when I just re read it. :haddock:

You know what, I am honestly shocked at the level of negativity the move and myself has received. For someone who's done so much good for people in the game, I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty hurt actually.

But, I'll say with hand on heart, I honestly don't think it's shady. I regret it now, obviously, but I've seen dozens, maybe hundreds of examples where good fighters have been released with 1/1 contracts over 99 fights and two years or more. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a piss taker, and I really don't think 4k/6k over 5 is a rip-off, as many others have agreed.

I don't know what the split is for those calling it shady or not, but it pains me that even anyone is.

Yeah, I don't have a real opinion on this, but please stop patting yourself on the back with how much good you've done for the community (not that I'm saying that you haven't, I'm fairly sure that you did). It doesn't help your case at all, as you are contrasting the good you did with your actions now. In a roundabout way you are admitting to 'shady tactics'.

That is all.

• Downvote 1

I was pretty stunned when I saw this one in the morning, and then again in the evening it had grown into a monster.

I don't think it's necessarily wrong--I actually expect that if I pick up a good FA, I'm most likely going to have to pay a price. Barnabus and TK aren't the only ones to do so--I've seen this occur in just about every org.

The only thing I think is kind of bs is leaving the guy with less than a couple grand. If he's going to be signed into an org...I mean you should want him to be as good as can be--so why not leave him with at least enough money to enter a top gym unless you want him to be fodder or have another manager pick up the tab. On the other hand, having conversed with TK here and there I would expect that he's not the stingy type and would be quite helpful if asked.

I am quite satisfied with the MMAtycoon self-policing though--I think it's a good thing that their are always people paying close attention to things going on in the Tycoon world--whether I agree with there opinion on the subject or not, I think it's good that there's a keen awareness in the community.

This kind of topic and subsequent bullshit arguing and overreaction is why I consider leaving this fucking game on an almost daily basis.

I just stopped frequenting the forum. These posts are the first in probably months here...