Nonstop Entertainment Incorporated

NEI - Ignition (15) REVIEW

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1307968973NEI.jpg

Friedricksen vs. Silver

Friedricksen is one of those gems that are gifted with KO power and granite chin. I was actually surprised when he went for the takedown and put the fight on the ground. He was lucky enough that he wasn't submitted by Silver because that was the break Silver was looking for. Silver couldn't capitalize on the situation and the fight was stood up. When the fight was standing up again Friedricksen didn't think twice and knocked out Silver with a head kick.

Winner via KO(Head Kick), Harald Friedricksen!

Askren vs. Cornish

Now after all the talking the fight is finally over and Askren is still on the top of the hill of the welterweight division of NEI. After the trash talking between these two Askren now has proven that he is the better man between the two of them. Where ever the fight went Askren had the right answer for Cornish. He demolished him in the stand up and defended against Cornish' attack on the ground. Despite winning the second round Askren won the first and most important round the final round. Askren showed us that being a jack of all trades is actually an advantage in MMA.

Winner via Unanimous Decision, Ben Askren!

Costanza vs. Barbarossa

After suffering his first defeat Barbarossa is still in shock up to now. He is still recovering from the submission from Costanza. I didn't expect it to get to the ground that fast. Costanza shot for his first takedown and he easily dragged his opponent to the ground. I'm sure Barbarossa knew when it hit the ground that he will be in big trouble. Costanza was looking for submission on the ground it didn't took long before he got Barbarossa on an armbar where Barbarossa tapped.

Winner via Submission(Armbar), George Costanza!

Carnophage vs. Mitchell

As expected Mitchell's chin couldn't stand up to the power of Carnophage. Mitchell tried to kick his way into victory in this one but Carnophage swarmed him with punches that made his plans vanish into thin air. Carnophage made a swift destruction of his opponent in this fight where he landed majority of his shots. Carnophage just took a minute and 9 seconds to break that solid chin of Mitchell.

Winner via TKO(Strikes), Ragnatus Carnophage!

Peterson vs. Brown

Peterson didn't wait too long to take the fight in the clinch. Peterson stormed him with knees to the body and elbows to the head. Brown just couldn't do anything against Peterson in the clinch. Brown's chin held up to the punishment Peterson was dishing out and kept his consciousness intact. Unfortunately for Brown though his chin held up to the punishment his skin didn't. He was getting cut badly in the fight and once the doctor called him to check everybody knew the fight was getting stopped.

Winner via TKO(Cut), Adrian Peterson!

Stag vs. Holmes

Holmes did his best keeping the fight on their feet but Stag's perseverance eventually got him the takedown. Although it is not a good idea to always shoot for the takedown I do think he doesn't have any choice in the fight. If Stag waited for the takedown to come to him he would've been knocked out before he even got one. Once the fight was on the ground it wasn't very long before Stag got a tight triangle choke that made Holmes tap. I think Holmes still has to improve on his ground game for him to be more successful in the stand up.

Winner via Submission(Triangle Choke), Tatanka Stag!

Busta vs. Kuuharja

Kuuharja dominated this fight. He was all over Busta in this fight. Busta just landed a single shot in the fight and I repeat A SINGLE SHOT. Kuuharja destroyed Bust on the ground where GnP'ed Busta's face in the fight. Busta couldn't do anything against Kuuharja on the ground. He was mounted multiple times where Kuuharja landed most of his shots. In the 3 minute mark Kuuharja rocked Busta and that's where the referee saw enough and stopped the fight.

Winner via TKO(Strikes), Juri Kuuharja!

Edward vs. Kirijenko

Edward finally got his first win in NEI against Kirijenko. Kirijenko tried to put the fight on the ground but he just couldn't score a takedown against the very talented Edward. Edward put the fight in the clinch where Kirijenko looks to have his hole in his game. Edward dominated his opponent in this fight in the clinch. Edward used his punches to good use in this fight. He then landed huge uppercut that knocked out Kirijenko in the fight.

Winner via TKO(Punches), Ryan Edward!

CO-MAIN EVENT

Khan vs. Lee

Lee has most of his fights won via Decision but a finish is always welcomed in the world of MMA. Khan has showed us great ground work in his past fight but unfortunately he failed to put the fight on the ground this time. Lee put the fight in the clinch where absolutely destroyed Khan landing all of his strikes. Once you land those kinds of strikes it wouldn't be a surprise to us if the fight was stopped. Khan suffered multiple cuts and once the doctor checked on him the fight was stopped immediately.

Winner via TKO(Cut), Bro Lee!

MAIN EVENT

Inoue vs. Kalenth

I said that the fine line between losing and winning for Kalenth was stuffing takedowns and keeping it standing but Inoue showed us in this fight that he has also excellent striking skills. He made Kalenth eat his strikes like they were Kalenth's dinner. Kalenth did a great job stuffing takedowns until Inoue landed his 4th takedown attempt and put the fight on the ground. Kalenth lasted few seconds on the ground with Inoue's ground game. In the end Inoue did what he did best and won via Submission against Kalenth.

Winner via Submission(Armbar), Yuya Inoue!

Nathan Stokes and his manager Tiago Barbosa are interviewed backstage after NEI - Heatseekers (6) where Stokes TKO´d James Morse in the third round of an awesome fight.

Interviewer from MMAHeat.com: Nathan, after this performance, who do you want to face next? What are your goals?

Nathan Stokes: My next goal is to explode Kean Denver face and avenge my loss against him, because i havent been able to sleep when i think of that fight, its was a fluke win and i want to change that and retrieve my confidence and cred.

Interviewer from MMAHeat.com: Tiago, how important is for Stokes to get a fight with Denver?

Tiago Barbosa: Its means a lot to him, he has been telling me about this rematch for a long time, and after this victory, i think he deserves it, so i will talk to the higher powers and we will see what the future holds, but a rematch is totally possible very soon.

Interviewer from MMAHeat.com: One last question, Tiago, you have 3 of your represented fighters located in London and fighting in this fed, any chance of us seeing the other one also fighting here?

Tiago Barbosa: Maybe, but he is under contract with another fed, but i hope that we can get workout a deal that allows him to relocate to London, then we will see what happens.

Nathan Stokes: Denver, be ready boy, cause im gonna send you to the hospital when we fight again.

Early this morning Keastie Kannegaard made a statement regarding fellow NEI lightweight Charlie Reynolds.

The Dane made some controversial statements raging over how such a weak fighter could possibly be ranked over him.

In a press conference populated by a couple of media interns, Keastie's one raging fan, Josh and two underground MMA fans hoping to see a fistfight Keastie announced that he is throwing out a challenge to Reynolds, to defend his #5 spot in NEI's lightweight division. "Something I doubt he has the ability, chin or slider-fu to accomplish against moi" Kannegaard announced confidently.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31b22.jpg

Harald "The Viking Warrior" Friedricksen: First off, I would like to thank Mr. Goos for his very nice event review. I do have one clarification to make though. It was James Silver that shot in and made that takedown, not me. I stopped four previeous attempts and he got lucky on the fifth one. Fortunately, I was able to control him on the ground and get the fight stood back up. Secondly, my next fight is coming up at the end of this month against Marco "Hot Legs" Kroepoek. This is going to be a war, I am thinking and it will be very exciting fight for the fans. Don't miss this exciting event at Hard Knocks - London on Tuesday, January 31 on the NEI - Ignition 16 card. Be there!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/25/25w17.jpg

Marco "Hot Legs" Kroepoek

-------------------------

http://www.replaymma.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/88507_ariel-helwani-sm.jpg

Ariel Helwani

Ariel Helwani

And our next guest on the MMA Hour is an up and coming fighter that has signed with Nonstop Entertainment Incorporated over in the UK some time ago and will have his very first match against Harald "The Viking Warrior" Friedricksen at NEI - Ignition (16). Of course, I am talking about Marco “Hot Legs” Kroepoek. Welcome to the show Marco, and thanks for stopping by and get on Skype with us for a little bit. We’re glad to have a European fighter on the show and get a chance to show the fans here that there is more than the MMA in the United States.

No problem at all, Ariel. Thanks for having me on the show. I really did not expect to get asked to do this seeing as I am pretty much still a nobody to the fans of MMA. But hey, that all will change really soon so it’s cool. And you’re right, this is a great chance for the American fans to check out the European shows, especially NEI’s.

Ariel Helwani

Well I am sure that all will change as well once they see you fight against the very tough Harald Friedricksen, who is coming off a very impressive win I must say. A head kick Knockout over James Silver at the previous Ignition.

You can call it impressive for sure.. but hey, if you seen my fight you know I got some nasty head kicks myself as well, and this is one of those fights where both of us are going to try and kick the living sh.. crap out of each other. I’d say those are some great times for all of the fans that love fighters like Cro Cop. Harald is a talented man, but I am an honest man, and the truth is that I am just better man. I mean that in the nicest way possible of course, as I don’t mean to disrespect Harald.. He seems like a nice fella’.

Ariel Helwani

Well sadly I can’t make the show due to me having other commitments, and of course I rarely cover other promotions then the main American ones.

Which is a shame if you ask me.. I mean sure, the American MMA organizations are all fine and dandy, but with big MMA journalist as yourself, not really covering the European MMA it really doesn’t have a chance to grow and become as well liked as the American side. But hey, I can’t hold you responsible for that, it’s the way the cookie has crumbled and the only thing I can do about it, and the other European fighters still fighting in Europe, is by putting up better fights, better shows and pull the attention of the fans around to globe towards us. And at NEI Ignition 16, that’s exactly is what is going to happen. If the Americans fan can miss a few bucks to watch this show, they won’t regret it. I can promise you that there are going to be many exciting fights including my own match against Harald. One of us is going to get knocked out, and I rather have it be him than me.

Ariel Helwani

I for one WILL be watching this show with some of the co-journalist I have here and we’re looking forward to see it. Best of luck to you Marco, and hope to catch up with you after your fight and see what will happen then for you.

Thank you Ariel, take care and see you in a few weeks.

Ariel Helwani

That was Marco Kroepoek from UK’s NEI promotion and he will be facing Harald Friedricksen at NEI Ignition 16. And I should ask him next time what’s up with the nick name he got.. seems kinda.. strange thinking about it now. So Anyways.. let’s go on with the show!

OOC: Just a little hype and promotional work :P Haha

This is a co-production by Beck and Warwynd

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31b22.jpg

Harald "The Viking Warrior" Friedricksen (dialogue by Warwynd)

http://www.replaymma.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/88507_ariel-helwani-sm.jpg

Ariel Helwani (dialogue by Beck)

Marco Kroepoek was on earlier during the MMA Hour featuring Ariel Helwani and the management of the MMA Hour reached out to Harald Friedricksen to get him on the show as well.

Ariel Helwani

With us having some extra time over here at the MMA Hour, we decided to get in touch with the opponent of a guest we had earlier in the show. That being Marco Kroepoek’s opponent for NEI Ignition 16, a show over in the UK. The man we of course are talking about is Harald "The Viking Warrior" Friedricksen. Harald I want to thank you for the quick response to management here to get on the show. I appreciate you taking the time of your busy schedule right now with the fight being next week. Talking about the fight, how has your preparation been for this fight?

Harald Friedricksen

Thank you for having me on the show, first off. I am truely honored. I am working very hard for this fight. I am always in training but this opponent, he is very good. Best I have ever faced. It will not be easy. My training camp has been fantastic. I am in better shape than I have ever been and still improving everyday.

Ariel Helwani

You had your previous not long ago, so I am surprised to see you walked out of that with barely any injuries. At least nothing serious enough that stopped you from taking the fight against Kroepoek. Kroepoek compared the both of you to the fighters like Cro Cop. Saying how it is pretty much a giving that the two of you would be, and I quote, kicking the crap out of each other. Do you agree with him or do you have another take on the fight and how it may go down?

Harald Friedricksen

Yeah. Silver was weak. He had nothing for me. He was very technical, at least on paper, but he lacked discipline and was to focused on getting the fight to the ground. He wasted so much energy on those takedowns that once he laded one there was nothing left for finishing the fight. I was able to neutralize him on the ground and force the referee standup and the rest is history. As far as the Kroepoek match. Yeah. I cannot really see this fight going any other way. We both love to stand and bang. So worlds will collide at NEI - Ignition 16.

Ariel Helwani

The rest sure is history, and just as your upcoming match will go down in history as well. Kroepoek seemed to think that he was the better man when I spoke to him earlier. He did mentioned he didn’t mean to offend you, as he thought you were a nice guy. However it was still a bit of a cocky comment to make, and I wonder how you deal with him making such comments? Do they get under your skin or do just shake it off and keep focusing on the match? And do you have anything to say to him in return?

Harald Friedricksen

(laughing) No. His comments do not offend me. He is very confident. No self respecting fighter ever say, "Oh I'm so screwed!" At least not where anyone can hear it. Ii is his job as much as the promoter to hype yourself and the fight as much as possible. And when I am victorious, it will feel that much better. Marco has shown respect unlike James Silver. So if Koepoek wins then I redouble my efforts and work back to him. and when I win, he will do the same and it will not be personal. Silver made efforts to anger me. It failed. I am too disciplined for that. I think that While Marco is more arrogant than I am, that he has every reason to be. It will be amazing fight.

Ariel Helwani

I am confident that it will be an amazing fight indeed my friend. Sadly that is all the time we have for today, so I want to thank you for coming on the show and help us promote the MMA over in the UK as well. Best of luck in your fight against Marco, and I am looking forward to speak to you again in the future. I am sure we’ll be in touch when you’ve had your match.

Harald Friedricksen

Thank you for having me on the show, Mr. Helwani. I look forward to the next time. Good luck to you Marco. You will need it. (Harald flashes a big, toothy grin)

Ariel Helwani

Alright everyone, that was Harald Friedricksen. If you got the time don’t forget to check out his fight against Marco Kroepoek on NEI’s Ignition 16 event next week. That was the show for today, thank you for watching and don’t forget to tune in next week!

Recently, NEI.com managed to catch up with two of NEI's newest favourite heavyweight prospects, Harald Friedriksen and Marco Kroepoek, for an interview regarding their upcoming bout at NEI Ignition (16). Here are the results.

Marco Kroepoek

Height - 201cm

Weight - 270lbs

NEI Record - 0-0

NEI.com : Alright, right down to business then, so to speak. First off. You are a fairly recent acquisition to NEI, but you yourself are based in Amsterdam. What prompted you to sign with NEI in the first place?

Marco Kroepoek : Well, me and my manager had a good talk to see what would be best for my career. He said Amsterdam had many great fights to offer me, but he thought it could not hurt my career to explore other countries. NEI being in the United Kingdom, it’s still fairly close to home, and looking at its roster, it really has promising fighters there for me to fight. So we made the decision to give it a go, and time will tell if it was a wise decision.. or not. I however got great faith in my abilities as a fighter and know for a fact that I can hang with the heavyweights of NEI.

NEI.com : Speaking of the heavyweights of NEI. Even as a recent acquisition, you have wasted no time in making yourself heard within the NEI halls. And apparently, no time was wasted either in regards to your words being heard, as soon after you introduced yourself to the NEI roster, you seemed to develop a friendly rivalry with one Harald Friedricksen. Fast forward a month or so, and now the two of you are set to square off in the NEI ring at the upcoming Ignition event. Your thoughts on this?

Marco Kroepoek : I am a firm believer that if you want to make it in life, regardless of what you do, you have to work hard for it. And that’s what I did, what I am doing and what I am going to be doing in years from now. I did not come here to just be the quiet guy in the corner, waiting for fighters to eventually notice him. Some may call me cocky, an egomaniac, but I am here to start my career and my goals are simple; be the best. Now some fighters may find it intimidating or rude by the way I am handling myself to achieve my goals. But.. I could not care less about that. Harald was one of the first guys that noticed me and we exchanged a few words. Nothing bad either.. as he is the kind of fighter I can, and will respect. He is very similar to me style wise, but we are very different personality wise. And that’s why I love this fight; the action in the cage is going to be superb, but the build up towards the fight is just as amazing. The fans must love our back and forth comments that we have made since the fight has been announced, and I can’t wait to show them that I am a man of my words and finish Harald come NEI Ignition 16.

NEI.com : I'm sure they do, it's part of what the NEI fanbase has come to expect of it's fighters. On the topic of your similar styles, however. While you have yet to garner any experience in the professional circuits so to speak, you have had one more talked about match-up in the independents against a wrestling purist in Stephan Kim. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but his wrestling technique gave you quite the scare in the first two rounds of the bout, where he pretty much had his way with you on the mat. Nevertheless, you showed great heart in your fight and came out swinging in the third round to notch a fantastic comeback KO victory. But, on the other hand, Friedricksen, as you said, is of a similar style to you, but in his last outing against a man who also held far superior wrestling technique to himself, he was nevertheless able to knock him out within the first couple minutes of the first round. Does this difference in pace at all concern you?

Marco Kroepoek : It is not a concern at all. Every time a striker faces a wrestler, you’re bound to get taken down. Now I may be bias, but in my eyes Stephan Kim was the more decorated wrestler compared to Harald’s previous opponent, James Silver. While Harald did end the fight quicker than I did against the wrestler, it’s nothing that the fans should worry about. I learned from the fight against Kim, and am adapting my game plan more to avoid being taken down like that again. However I think I gained more respect from the fight, because as you said; I showed a lot of heart and had a fantastic comeback KO victory. The fans most likely counted me out against Kim, figured the match would go to a decision favouring Kim. But no.. I kept my composure in the match, I remembered what I learned in training and waited for the right time. It all paid off in the end and I am glad with the way everything gone down in my career so far. As you mentioned; I still have the gain the experience, and with the fight against Kim, I gained a lot of that already.

NEI.com : True, true. Now, be honest. What result are you expecting against Friedricksen? With two pure strikers like yourselves, it is sure to be a showcase in the middle of that ring. But rumour has it that one of Friedricksen's main salespoints in his Great Wall like chin. Is this something you think you are going to be able to overcome?

Marco Kroepoek : Haha, yes I heard about the great wall like chin. But if you want me to be honest, then let us all be honest here. Harald has not faced a man like me before yet. He has not faced a striker of my caliber. Nobody has really tested that chin of his, and I can give you my word, that on fight day, I will show everyone that the rumour about his superb chin, is just all that; a rumour. When I hit the button, he’s going to sleep and that’s a promise.

NEI.com : Ah-hah! So there it comes out. Up till this point, you and Friedricksen have been determined to play it nice and respectful. But when it's all said and done, you clearly see yourself as the favourite in this bout. So while we're off the nice and respectful railtracks, is there anything else of note you'd like to say to Harald Friedricksen? If previous sources are anything to go by, he seems to be under the impression himself that victory will be his.

Marco Kroepoek : Well you interview a lot of fighters, so you know every fighter says they are going to win. Because if you have the mentality that you are going to lose; you’re not going to cut it as a fighter. So I am not surprised that Harald sees himself as the man who will walk away with the win. I however hope he is actually capable of walking out of the cage when the fight is done. I respect him as a fighter due to our similarities and the success he has had so far, I however do see myself as the better man and having that win over him will boost my career up towards the right direction.

NEI.com : Respectful till the end then. Fair enough. Assuming you do notch the victory against Friedricksen at the upcoming Ignition, where do you see yourself in your career? Is there anybody else in the heavyweight division you look towards? Are there title aspirations in your future?

Marco Kroepoek : Of course I would love a title shot, I however am not an idiot and think that I deserve it within the next 2 or 3 fights after the match with Harald. I still have a lot to learn, and I will do so step by step, fight by fight. Whoever I face, it really is up to who management. Offer me fair and exciting opponents, and I’ll take care of them till I do get the chance to get my hands on the champion. And when that time is there, I know that the gold will be around my waist and it will stay there for a long, long time.

NEI.com : There you have it folks. Strong words from a potential future contender, a man looking to start his NEI career out on a strong footing. Thank you for your time Marco, it's been a pleasure speaking with you.

Marco Kroepoek : Thank you, and I’m sure we’ll see each other again in the future.

Harald Friedriksen

Height - 198cm

Weight - 275lbs

NEI Record - 1-0

NEI.com : Alright, right down to business then. Now, similar to Marco, you yourself are a fairly recent acquisition here in NEI. However, you do have the advantage of already having participated in an NEI sanctioned bout, proving victorious over fellow new star, James Silver. Do you feel as though this offers you any particular advantage over Marco, who has yet only performed in the independent circuits?

Harald Friedriksen : I have only one real advantage over Marco. He is very skilled. My advantage is discipline. My manager is much more experienced and has worked on a plan that we think will see me victorious.

NEI.com : A manager's experience can certainly come into play in the middle of that ring, but as we all know, even the best laid plans can fall apart. This would perhaps be where your 'discipline' factor would fall into, something which you claim as your advantage. Could you elaborate further on this?

Harald Friedriksen : I have spent a long time in training before ever stepping into the ring for my first professional fight. As you know I was signed with the VFC in New York with the rest of my management teams stable. But the owner of the organization went missing and everything fell apart. So I exited and came here. Long story short is that. I had been training the whole time and focusing my mind and body to the task of honing my skills. To... become the perfect weapon so to say...

NEI.com : All of which has led you now to the upcoming Ignition, mere nights away now. The build up to your fight with Marco Kroepoek has been one of the focal points for the internet fanbase especially, people who hail both you and Kroepoek as quite possibly the future of NEI's heavyweight division. Both of you have conducted yourselves in admirable and respectable fashion, but I have got to ask. In complete honesty, how do you truly fancy your chances against Kroepoek?

Harald Friedriksen : (Thinking for a moment before answering) Well, he is older, and on paper at least, he is the more skilled fighter. But as we all know there is more to this sport then what color your belts are. I think that while he will doubtlessly be the biggest hurddle I have yet faced, that I have a pretty good chance of taking this fight. Without giving away details there are possibilities that form when watching his style and if I can stay focused and avoid his KO power. Then I have a decnet chance of emerging victorious. I'd say, 60%.

NEI.com : 60%? That leaves Kroepoek with a rather underwhelming 40% to work with. Tell me. You speak of his KO power, which is certainly an attribute in his favour, one that he displayed tremendously in a comeback victory against his opponent in the independents. But rumour has it that you yourself have a Great Wall like chin, and are more than capable of taking a hit. Will this at all be utilised as part of your game plan, or are you opting to perhaps, attempt to stay away from his strikes altogether?

Harald Friedriksen : It has been said, yes. Doesn't mean I am willing to test this against his proven power. Well, obviously I will seek to avoid walking into a huge punch or kick, but I am not so afraid of his power that I will not trade with him. I am not without my own KO power. It could, in fact, be one of my advantages. His Chin has never been tested. I intend to test it. Bottom line is that someone is going to get knocked out I think.

NEI.com : Evasive! I suppose I cannot blame you for not wanting to completely reveal your game plans, however. Going back to the build up for a second though. We covered that both you and Kroepoek have made the utmost effort to remain civil towards each other. Even beyond that, some might call it a friendly rivalry. But is this the true Harald Friedriksen? I mean, Kroepoek himself has made it no secret that while he respects you, he does not particularly see himself losing this fight either. Surely there is something you'd have to say to this? Something boiling in the pits of your pride?

Harald Friedriksen : Yeah. I am not a villain. I'm a professional fighter. It's not personal. We are both here for the same reasons. Money, pride, honor and glory. Nothing in that previous statement says we cannot also be civil and maintain our integrity. We are fighters, no fighter thinks they are going to lose. Nore would it do us or the organization any good to be negative. we build it up and then we find out who was wrong in the ring.

NEI.com : Well said. I couldn't agree more, but then again, my opinion is not the one we're looking for here. Well, I think we've established what we can on the Kroepoek fight, but if you wouldn't mind, I have a couple more questions regarding you personally. Going back a little again, you mentioned that you were formerly established in New York. What caused you to make the transition over to NEI London?

Harald Friedriksen : Well... The VFC collapsed but before that happened the future was very uncertain. I had been on the roster over there for over half a year and had not been given any fights and the owner was missing. I excersized my inactivity clause. Mr. William's had a fighter on the roster in VFC actually and so when I became free agent, he, Jolon, I mean, sent me a contract and helped me to relocate to London. I was happy to accept. Much cheaper to visit my mutter in Sweden from here as well... (grins)

NEI.com : And after a successful debut at Ignition (15), you are now going on to open the show for the second consecutive Ignition. Which, I might add, is a relatively big deal in it's own right, as Ignition is the headline show. Assuming you are successful in your endeavour this time around, what do you see your goals being next? Are there any particular fighters who have caught your eye? Perhaps title aspirations?

Harald Friedriksen : Title!?! oh no... too soon for that. I have much to improve and I must earn that spot. I haven't given much thought beyond this next fight to be honest. I mean Kroepoek is no joke. There is still 40% by my own estimation that I could lose this. So I stay focused on him. After that, Jolon Williams will send me someone... I trust it will be commensurate with my abilities and my rank. No one wants to see one sided or grossely out matched opponents face each other. That is not fun.

NEI.com : Well, there you have it folks. A confident Friedriksen as he heads into Ignition (16). Thank you for joining us Harald.

Harald Friedriksen : Thank you for having me sir. Anytime.

During the prefight press conference and weigh-ins for NEI - Ignition 16

Harald "The Viking Warrior" Friedricksen: Mr. Kaiser, jag vill bara säga lycka till, från mig och alla övriga från Brunno Falcone läger.

The reporters were frantically trying to figure out what he said, but no one present speak Swedish. There is a scramble to find a way to translate.

Reporter from the London Post: Excuse me, Mr. Friedricksen, what did you just say?

Harald Friedricksen: It was a message to Mr. Kaiser. It is Swedish, but the languages are similar enough that he should be able to understand it. It was not meant for you.

Harald just smiles as he sits back in his chair.

During the prefight press conference and weigh-ins for NEI - Ignition 16

Harald "The Viking Warrior" Friedricksen: Mr. Kaiser, jag vill bara säga lycka till, från mig och alla övriga från Brunno Falcone läger.

The reporters were frantically trying to figure out what he said, but no one present speak Swedish. There is a scramble to find a way to translate.

Reporter from the London Post: Excuse me, Mr. Friedricksen, what did you just say?

Harald Friedricksen: It was a message to Mr. Kaiser. It is Swedish, but the languages are similar enough that he should be able to understand it. It was not meant for you.

Harald just smiles as he sits back in his chair.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/15/15b10.jpg

Leo: looking a little confused... "Herr Friedricksen. Var hörde du att svensken och tysken var liknande? Jag fruktar dig missförstås. Jag gör, however tala svensk, och tackar därför dig för dina kommentarer!"

NEI - Ignition (16) PREVIEW

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1307968973NEI.jpg

Friedricksen vs. Kroepoek

These two have very hard to spell last names here so bare with me. Friedricksen is a youngster who has surprised many in the division. He has finished two fighters who was thrown at him. To make it even more impressive he has shown that he posseses a very tough chin. His stand up skills will be tested again against a very heavy handed fighter in Kroepoek. Kroepek has showed us in his previous fight that he does not only have big KO power but big heart. He was in trouble getting taken down in the fight but he was resilient and came up with a huge surprise knocking out his opponent. This is one hell of a starter to a very jam packed event. I see this going to Kroepoek with his huge advantage in the striking department.

PREDICTION:

Kroepoek via Unanimous Decision

Holmes vs. Petrov

Holmes had the chance to be on the top of the middle weight division of NEI but he fell short against Kaiser losing a 3x5 war. Since then he hasn't bounced back losing yet again to Stag via submission. Some say this is the start of Holmes decline. This fight will confirm it or make it just a speculation about Holmes. He is up against an undefeated grappler in Petrov. In Petrov's young career he has submitted 3 of his opponents. That is easier said than done. Petrov hasn't faced fighters with Holme's caliber. This will be his acid test if he's one of elites in the middle weight division.

PREDICTION:

Holmes via KO/TKO

Gage vs. Liechtenauer

These two are polar opposites of each other. Gage strives standing up you can see that in his record with his knock outs and Liechtenauer strives on the ground having all of his wins going via submission. Liechtenauer may have the advantage in muay thai but it seems he doesn't use it as his offense. Gage will eat him up in the stand up if he manages to keep standing. I think Gage has enough knowledge in wrestling to deny Liechtenauer's takedowns. This fight will be a very long fight for Liechtenauer.

PREDICTION:

Gage via KO/TKO

Carnophage vs. Kalenth

Kalenth was so close getting a title shot but he hit a road block when he met Inoue. Everybody knew that when the fight gets to the ground it will be a submission win for Inoue. Unfortunately for Kalenth he got taken down early and that was the end for him. This time he is going against a boxer in Carnophage. Carnophage is like Kalenth who is a sprawl and brawler much like Kalenth but instead of a wrestling base he has a boxing base. This will be an interesting match up. I think if Kalenth decides to use his wrestling he will be in a huge advantage but I don't think he will. I see this one as a slug fest which gives Carnophage the advantage.

PREDICTION:

Carnophage via KO/TKO

Kaiser vs. Stag

Kaiser has showed us very good takedown defense. He has never been taken down in his career and have destroyed his opponents in the stand up. He has yet to face an opponent that can take down Kaiser. Stag has wonderful wrestling and has a brown belt which completely outclasses Kaiser on the ground. The question is will his chin stand up to Kaiser's power before he can score a takedown. Kaiser has great kicks and punches will give him weapons to knock Stag out. I see Stag getting a takedown early in this fight. I think he will have his way with Kaiser on the ground and land a submission.

PREDICTION:

Stag via Submission/TKO

Lee vs. Deco

Lee's past fights has one thing in common. Lee have been losing to fighters who have great ground game. His only loses have been on the ground where his opponent is dominating him. He should prove to everyone that he has improved his ground game. Now he is up against a very skilled ground fighter in Deco. Deco is also a good striker but not as good as Lee. Deco has only one loss and he has yet to be finished. Lee has the tools to finish the fight on their feet but I think Deco has more that sufficient skill to put the fight on the ground. I see this one going the distance with Deco keeping the fight on the ground.

PREDICTION:

Deco via Submission/TKO

Kuuharja vs. Vischi

Vischi is highly ranked in his weight division. He has only one loss in his 17 fights and he has been finishing opponents off lately knocking out 3 of his opponents in his last five matches. In this fight he must keep this fight standing not because of his opponent's wrestling skill but because of his brown belt in BJJ. Vischi's 3 loses have come via KO and if he doesn't put this on the ground he might find himself sleeping again. Kuuharja has shown that he is not someone to be messed with in the stand up. If the fight stays standing it's Vischi's match but if it goes to the ground it's sure that Kuuharja will take it.

PREDICTION:

Vischi via TKO/KO

Cekada vs. Phooey

After losing to Bro Lee via decision Phooey showed everyone how he would bounce back from a loss. He showed a dominating performance against Spataro. He disintegrated Spataro's granite with his kicks and punches. It may have lasted 3 rounds but destroying someone with a granite chin is still an accomplishment. Cekada may not have as tough chin as Spataro but he makes it up with skill. Last time I remembered when Phooey went against a striker like Cekada he lost via decision. Cekada hasn't lost via KO yet but this time he is in a very tough match up against a good Muay Thai practitioner with a black belt in BJJ. If Cekada can't finish this on feet I'm sure he has a pretty good back up plan with his ground game.

PREDICTION:

Cekada via Submission

CO-MAIN EVENT

Edward vs. Valquez

Edwards just bounced back from a very disappointing 2 losses against two of the most talented fighters in his division. He made a very convincing statement that he is deserving to be considered as one of the best if not the best fighter in the division. He is now up against a dangerous foe who is Valquez. Valquez has proven he is one hell of a knock out artist. He has only one fight who went the distance but his chin is a bit of a suspect having 4 KO's in his 7 losses. I think this fight is about who gets to their opponent's chin first.

PREDICTION:

Edward via TKO/KO

MAIN EVENT

Inoue vs. Saint

In Saint's previous fight he collided with the only person who was able to beat his current opponent. Inoue lost his belt against Ferro in their second fight. Now Inoue is seeking redemption and in his way is the person who snapped Ferro's winning streak. Saint is primarily a striker with majority of his wins coming from T(KO)'s which gives him the edge if the fight stays standing. Inoue has a TKO win but his forte is on the ground. He has shown great takedowns whenever he goes against wrestler with the same caliber as his. Saint has never been submitted and few have put him on the ground. I see him dominating the stand up in this battle.

PREDICTION:

Saint via KO/TKO

NEI RADIO has uploaded another episode, Episode 2. With special guest Neil Hatton, otherwise known as 'the manager of' Bobby Brown. You can find the MediaFire file on the main page of NEI. Go take a look. - Roy

FIGHTER SPOTLIGHTS

NEI Middleweight Championship Bout

Tatanka Stag

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30w41.jpg

Height - 182 cm

Weight - 185 lbs

NEI Record - 6-1

An NEI original, Tatanka Stag has been part of the NEI roster practically from the time it opened it's doors, performing in his debut at the second ever edition of Kismet. Here, in a highly contested bout in which he would dominate much of the proceedings, he would fall prey to an armbar from Marzio Bangs, causing his first fight to end in a devastating loss. Perhaps due to this, he would be handed the stigma of a bit of a dark horse, constantly flying under the radar despite impressive performances in the following months against stiff competition in the middleweight division. It wasn't until he defeated the then middleweight champion Sherlok Holmes in a non-title bout that he would suddenly gain mainstream recognition....and he has flown with it ever since. Now on the role of his career with six consecutive wins, including a number one contenders bout in his last outing that resulted in his second victory over Holmes, Stag is now on the brink of unclasping that brass ring and clutching it deep within his chest. His next outing will see him face current middleweight champion Leo Kaiser, this time with the championship belt on the line. Does Stag have what it takes to dethrone Kaiser?

Leo Kaiser

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/15/15b10.jpg

Height - 197 cm

Weight - 189 lbs

NEI Record - 3-0

Kaiser is another man who started his career in NEI, although unlike his upcoming opponent, Kaiser joined after NEI became further established in it's foothold on London. However, this did not prevent the man from speedily gaining favour from the fans with his respectful demeanor, both towards his fights and the opponents he faces within the ring. A Liechtenstein native, Kaiser is a man who can get business done both in and out of the ring. With an impressive three win streak currently ongoing since his debut, Kaiser dethroned Holmes in his last outing at the thirteenth edition of Ignition to become the new middleweight champion. But critics might argue that he faces his toughest test in Tatanka Stag, a man who beat the former champion Holmes not once, but twice to cement his number one contender status. Outside of the ring, Kaiser continues to represent NEI in full form, always keen to take on interviews or otherwise utilise the social media to it's full potential, and as such has become one of the most recognisable faces within the NEI halls. But will his popularity be enough for him to overcome Stag?

NEI Lightweight Championship Bout

Boris Cekada

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/25/25w22.jpg

Height - 178 cm

Weight - 163 lbs

NEI Record - 3-1

Cekada has sat as one of the top dogs of the lightweight division for quite a while now, and it is hard to argue his status as number one contender. His prowess in the ring is renowned, not only within the confines of London, but indeed, globally as well. With impressive victories over some of NEI's most standout lightweight competitors, he has now earned his shot against current lightweight champion, Hong Kong Phooey. A versatile competitor, well versed both on the ground as well as his feet, the reigning champion will no doubt have his work cut out for him this coming Tuesday. But never count the champion out....

Hong Kong Phooey

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/14/14b8.jpg

Height - 175 cm

Weight - 160 lbs

NEI Record - 6-1

Hong Kong Phooey has spent the majority of his professional career with the NEI halls, and is a man well known for taking on tough challenges. Phooey thrives in dire circumstances, a trait that can more than attribute to his success. Springing to recognition with an impressive debut victory over grizzled veteran Erik Drake, an outcome that many considered an upset, his legacy would only continue to grow as he then took on, and soundly defeated another accomplished veteran in Willy Wallace. Refusing to take on any but the best NEI had to offer, Phooey would defeat then lightweight champion Kahn in a non title bout at the 10th edition of Ignition. Following this, he would be granted a title shot, much to the pleasure of clamouring fans, and would repeat his outstanding performance at the 11th edition of Ignition to capture the title. But now, he faces one of the toughest challenges in his career, even for him. Has Phooey bitten off more than he can chew as he sets to square off against Cekada? Or can he pull out yet another ace from his bag of tricks and continue on his show of dominance in the lightweight division?

Co-Main Event

Ryan Edward

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/14/14w9.jpg

Height - 180 cm

Weight - 223 lbs

NEI Record - 1-2

A world renowned competitor in his own right, Edward seemed to struggle slightly upon setting foot within the NEI halls, falling prey to fellow top competition within the lightweight division consecutively on his first two outings. However, after a decisive victory over Lyov Kirijenko in his last outing, Edward is now looking to turn his luck around, and woe be the next man on his radar. Despite his lack of definite success thus far within the NEI ring, Edward is still an extremely dangerous man within the ring, well versed both on his feet and on the ground, capable of taking on the best that not only NEI, but indeed, the entire globe itself has to offer. His next opponent most certainly has his work cut out for him, but it just so happens that this individual is no pushover, and if anyone was capable of stopping Edward's attempted momentum shift short, it could very well be....

Estoban Valquez

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w7.jpg

Height - 195 cm

Weight - 210 lbs

NEI Record - 2-1

Whilst Valquez was unsuccessful in his NEI debut endeavour, he nevertheless remained determinedly dogged, and it paid off. Facing top quality opponents in the light heavyweight division, Valquez has pulled together two consecutive victories and is now looking to make it three with Ryan Edward. Indeed, if this in itself was not impressive enough, it is also a notable fact that Valquez is a renowned KO artist, with both of his victories within the NEI halls coming from swift first round KOs. Not a man to underestimate in the ring, Valquez currently holds a spot as one of NEI's top light heavyweight competitors. A win over Edward here could very well put him into title contention. Can Valquez pull off the integral third victory against one of NEI's most dangerous competitors in Ryan Edward?

Main Event

Kain Saint

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26b1.jpg

Height - 188 cm

Weight - 210 lbs

NEI Record - 4-0

Currently amidst a four bout winning streak here in NEI, Saint is quite possibly one of, if not the most impressive acquisition in recent memory for NEI. This feat is made even more impressive when one accounts for the fact that the light heavyweight division in NEI is a drastically competitive shark tank. But Saint has risen above all of his peers regardless, even going as far as to halt a confident champion in his tracks in his most recent outing at the 14th edition of Ignition in a highly contested, highly entertaining match-up, marking him as one of only two men who have managed to defeat the champ. Now at the very top of the ladder in regards to title contention, it's only a matter of time until Saint challenges for the belt. But first, he meets a certain competitor in what many NEI fans consider to be THE dream bout of NEI today. This man being...

Yuya Inoue

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/33/33w14.jpg

Height - 198 cm

Weight - 215 lbs

NEI Record - 7-2

Yuya Inoue. A man who is considered to be the very face of NEI by much of the fanbase, this man's popularity is unrivaled here in NEI, and his in ring prowess allows him to authenticise this reputation. Inoue is the only other man besides Saint who has ever defeated the champion Bruno Ferro within the NEI halls, having done so in fact, in the current champion's debut here in NEI. Now he faces off against this very Saint in the main event of the most stacked card in NEI history. It was mentioned before that his popularity was unrivaled, the same could be said for his ground prowess, with six of his seven NEI victories being decided via submission. If this wasn't enough, his striking ability is no laughing matter either, as he displayed in his victory over formidable striker Juri Kuuharja, defeating him in a stand up battle within the first round. Inoue is one of the toughest challenges NEI can provide, but Saint has proved that he has up to tough challenges, making this fight near impossible to call. Who will carve their name in history as the main event winner of NEI's breakout show? There's only one way to find out, and we all know how that is.

***Courtesy of NEI.com.***

Days before the sixteenth edition of Ignition, NEI.com managed to catch up with the two middleweights who will clash for the title.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30w41.jpg

Tatanka Stag

Height - 182cm

Weight - 185lbs

NEI Record - 6-1

NEI.com : Right, now. Down to business. First off...you're one of NEI's longest standing fighters, having been on the roster practically since NEI opened it's doors. However, this is your first real shot at the top of the division, your first chance at the title. Do you feel the shot is long overdue?

Tatanka Stag : No, because I understand that all the previous champions feared me. If there were two of me I would not stand in front of this bone breaking machine.

NEI.com : Strong words! However, it does not seem as though Kaiser fears you, although he has certainly given you and your abilities respect in the past. What are your personal thoughts on Kaiser in turn?

Tatanka Stag :Who??? Oh the current champion, I respect that he respects my abilities but I don't respect his in the slightest.

NEI.com : Harsh. I take it you fancy your chances against him at NEI Ignition (16) then?

Tatanka Stag :Chance is not involved in this fight, when I decide to take him down I will! When I decide to sub him I will!

NEI.com : Ever since your debut loss at the second edition of Kismet, you have been considered somewhat of a dark horse and flown beneath the radar. But your six consecutive victories are undeniably impressive, a list which includes past and present top contenders of the NEI middleweight division. But Kaiser also boasts a three fight winning streak thus far. Do you really think it's wise to underestimate him?

Tatanka Stag :Oh believe me. I'm not underestimating him because I expect him to turn up.

NEI.com : You don't think his KO power could pose a danger for you? Your ground abilities are amongst the best in NEI, but Kaiser undoubtedly has the edge on stand-up, with two of his three victories coming via KO.

Tatanka Stag :There will be about 5 seconds of this fight spent on our feet...I think I can manage not to get knocked out in that time.

NEI.com : Well, there's certainly no doubt that you are very confident in your abilities! Now that we've established this...assuming you are indeed victorious in your upcoming fight and win the title, is there anybody in the middleweight division who has captured your interest, anyone who you think might deserve a title shot against you? Or perhaps you might grant Kaiser a rematch?

Tatanka Stag :Well, Petrov looks like fun to break, but a rematch with Kaiser??? I fight in the cage or the ring not in a cemetary!

NEI.com : Oh snap! That's a burn. What about Holmes? He certainly hasn't been shy about voicing his claim to the title.

Tatanka Stag :I have decisioned and subbed Holmes, so I wouldnt mind a chance to KO him aswell.

NEI.com : Confident as always Mr. Stag, I'm impressed. Well, I think I have all I need for now. Is there anything else you'd like to say before we wrap this up?

Tatanka Stag :Yes, just a quick message for Kaiser. You should eat chicken wings tonight and when you're finished, break the bones. It will be good for you to get used to the noise!

NEI RADIO is looking for another special guest! Got Skype? Got a Microphone? Then message me and i'll add you aswell as invite you!

Also: NEI Bets has (late) added the event to it's list, aswell as the Las Vegas branch Event! Good luck betting!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/15/15b10.jpg

Leo Kaiser

Height - 197cm

Weight - 189lbs

NEI Record - 3-0

NEI.com : Alright. First off. When you first came into NEI, you were a completely unknown fighter. No fights in the amateur circuit, no real history at all. What do you think it was, personally, that caused NEI to sign you, and was this enigma status a hindrance or advantage to you?

Leo Kaiser : Hallo. Vell, I am from small country. Little fight zere. Mr Boogi, my manager, found me zroo internet site. I vant fight, train hard. Jon take me on and move me to London. NEI kind to new fighter. Sign Leo. No hinder or advantage...just fight.

NEI.com : How straightforward. And now, three fights later, including a championship bout in your very latest, you stand with a record of 3-0 and a belt around your waist. Having dominated your way through the middleweights thus far, do you feel that you are truly the top of the division?

Leo Kaiser : Zat iz hard qvestion. I have ze belt, zerefore I am top of divizion, however is Leo ze best fighter? Not so eazy say...Stag can, and vill probably, say different. Zis next fight say who truly ze best.

NEI.com : Speaking of Stag. He has quite possibly been the dark horse of the division. After a debut loss in NEI, he has been caused to fly under the radar. However, recently, he has started to garner some recognition, most notably after defeating Holmes the first time around in what was considered a huge upset at the time. He has since proved, after this last Ignition with a decisive submission victory over Holmes in a highly contested rematch, that his current role is anything but a fluke. Now, with four of his six victories coming via submission, it has been argued that you have never faced a man with Stag's particular strengths. How do you respond?

Leo Kaiser : Zis iz true. Herr Stag is a different fighter. Very one dimenzional. Usually zis is bad thing, however is Herr Stag's case it iz good. He focus on ze ground. Very good grappler, formidable. Zis fight vill be over qvik I think.

NEI.com : Over quickly? Is this perhaps, a sign of weakness from your part? Do you believe that Stag has your number?

Leo Kaiser : *laughs* Ha! You try tvist Leo vords. No veakness at all. It vill be over qvikly in von of two vayz...I will KO him or he vill make me submit. Zis vill not go beyond von round. I have respekt for Herr Stag's game, however I vill play by mine. If I lose zen so be it, zere vill be no hard feelings. I do not sink zat i vill lose however...

NEI.com : A relief to hear you say that, as a defeated champion prior to the bout is certainly no favour to the fans. A point of interest, however, is what kind of training you have been undergoing in an effort to topple Stag's advantage of the ground. Have you been specially training against this, or do you feel more comfortable simply catering to your own strengths?

Leo Kaiser : Of course I have been training hard, however you vill have to vait for ze fight to see in vitch direction. My training skedule, and my managers taktiks are private.

NEI.com : Understandable. Moving forward then. Assuming you win the upcoming fight, do you see anyone else in the division currently as worthy of taking you on for the title?

Leo Kaiser : Vell, I promised Herr Holmes a rematch. He iz good fighter, though seems bad lozer...vitch iz shame. Leo hopes he comes around soon. Ozer zan zat only Herr Petrov really standz out. This veight iz very light, not many fighterz. Herr Villiams need focus here I sink...

NEI.com : Thank you Mr. Kaiser. I believe I have what I need. There you have it folks. A confident champion headed into Ignition. Do you have any final words for our fans?

Leo Kaiser : Sank you for your support. Leo appreciates it. Shout loud at Ignition...See Herr Stag fall!

Leo: on leaving the ring... "Let me be ze first to congratulate Herr Stag on his new belt" rubbing his neck... "Zis vill sting for a day or do, unt my pride for a veek or so...however Leo vill be back, so keep ze belt safe! Oh, unt by ze vay...no bones brokken you'll notice!" chuckles...

Harald 'The Viking Warrior' Friedricksen's post fight interview.

Ring Announcer: Wow, you really chopped down Kroepoek with those body shots. He was definitely the favorite coming into this fight. What are your thoughts?

Harald Friedricksen: Well, first let me say, thank you to Marco Kroepoek. He is one tough man. Marco is a very experienced and older fighter. His muay tai is very good and he has great power, so I figured my best chances layed with taking his lungs away from him. It paid off I'd say.

Ring Announcer: Here's the end of the fight. You showed some good hand and foot speed there. Walk us through the end here.

Harald Friedricksen: There is not much to say here really. I wore him down earlier in the round and I sensed that he was vulnerable. After the head kick there, I knew that it was time so I fired off another one. I just set it up with that fake to get him to lower his hands and it opened up for the head shot... that is it.

Ring Announcer: Well, there you have it. Harald 'The Viking Warrior' Friedricksen keeps his unbeaten streak and moves to three and oh.

Harald grabs the mic and quickly blurts out:

Harald Friedricksen: I just want to thank my manager Brunno Falcone, all my training staff, NEI, and, most importantly of all, the fans! Thank you all! God Natt! Viking Ström!

Leo: on leaving the ring... "Let me be ze first to congratulate Herr Stag on his new belt" rubbing his neck... "Zis vill sting for a day or do, unt my pride for a veek or so...however Leo vill be back, so keep ze belt safe! Oh, unt by ze vay...no bones brokken you'll notice!" chuckles...

Stag "No I just decided to break your heart instead!"

Taking into consideration both Sherlok Holmes late claims to the title due to his lack of a rematch, along with Leo Kaiser's own right to one, I have decided that Holmes will face Kaiser in a number one contenders bout at our next Ignition, with the winner going on to face Tatanka Stag at a date to be determined later. In further championship title related business, Ricardo Leroix will face George Constanza in a number one contenders bout to decide who will be the next to contest Kerry Lawson's iron-like grip upon the heavyweight division.

Interwiew with Kerry Lawson after NEI last show

MMA ROCKS : Hey Man what's up

LAWSON :Yeah everythings good

MMA ROCKS :Back to todays event your quick opinion

LAWSON : many good fights ,specially Cekada and Phooey ,nice Main event ,

MMA ROCKS :couple weeks ago a guy called Mr Kroepoek want to challenge you ,,Is this true ?

LAWSON :i heard about this but we all see when he was today (laughing) a brave man with kick on his face ,good win for Friedricksen ,looks like he like to be a underdog

MMA ROCKS :on 07 feb you will fight for a non tittle with Powell ,tell more about this

LAWSON :to be honest i think he is a brave pussy ,i heard he want knock me out ,,we will see mr Powell

MMA ROCKS :Jolon said that you will facing second and third heavyweight contender Constanza or Leroix , your opinion ?

LAWSON :Cant wait Man I think Both are talented ,and rewange between this guys will be fascinating ,tough perdiction i think Leroix win , but if Constanza get him to the ground this could be over ..

MMA ROCKS :Thanks Man and good luck

LAWSON :Thanks

Edited by Evildead

In early January Jolon Williams made the call to Ben Askren offering him a non title fight with muay thai striker Adrian Peterson, The newly minted champion Askren declined the fight citing that he wanted time to train. Jolon calls him again down the road and this time the champ accepts saying he has had time to train and spend time with his family. On Valentines day Adrian peterson will face Ben Askren the current welterweight champion.

Ben Askren got back to the internet to speak his mind like he always does and this time he didn't hold back giving us the scoop on everything from Peterson to training.

Ben Askren: So what's it been huh? Like a month or more and everyone forgets who the hell I am? The Champ is here baby and I got some news for all the fans. I will fight Adrian peterson on Valentines day. The guy is a stand up monster with seven wins and a shit load of knockouts and he seems to have it in his mind that I am next.

The guy has some skill standing and hell I will admit that but I have a little skill too and I have a lot to lose if this old man beats me. He is damn near thrity with no money and nothing to lose therefore he is the hardest and most threatening opponent that I have faced. I have a reputation for grinding out a win and taking it to the judges but that won't happen with peterson. It's kill or be killed and I need to prove I am the best for a reason, I hold this title with pride and I want to keep it. Losing a non title fight makes you look like a bitch and I am not a bitch.

I still have my eyes set on Kerry Lawson at light heavyweight but right now I need to be the face of the welterweight division and it starts with the muay thai banger Peterson. I am training hard so I hope you are too!

It's been roughly 24 hours since Marco lost his fight against Harald Friedricksen at NEI 16. He however has agreed to let out a few comments on the match and his thoughts on it.

Well the fight did not go down the way I expected it.. But who does expect to lose when they got a fight? I give Harald all the credit in the world. He deserved the win and he had me hurt from the get go when he hit me to the gut. I think I just took a wrong position standing and when he hit me.. it was just the start of the ending. I really had no answer for his striking after that and just tried to hang in there. Clearly I was not able to do that and Harald finished the fight. Congratulations to him, and hopefully one day I will get the chance to avenge this loss. In my next fight I am hoping to show case the fighter I am, and hand out an ass whooping.

OOC: