Clothing Shops Need massive improvement

I don't know if other shops are in the same sitution but I know Gyms are not. When you make a clothing store say in St. Petersburg you pretty much have to compete against every other clothing brand in the world for customers. Fight orgs don't really have to worry about this as no org right now trys to sign out of country talent. If i want to use a gym in New York and my fighter is in London he has to travel.

So why shouldn't other companys be effected by this? Sure I know that IRL companys can sell products from other countries via the internet but for fair play I think change should be made.

What I suggest is that fighters be only allowed to buy products from where there fighter is located. If they are fighting in St.Petersburg and are located their and want a Las Vegas company shirt or supp they need to travel to vegas to buy it.

Sponsors should work this way to somewhat. I think if your company is trying to sponsor a fighter outside of their location they should recieve a tax or money penality of sorts.

Maybe put an international fee on international sales and sponsorship. Say if a fighter trys to buy something from a location were he is not located it will give him a alert stating he will have to pay an extra internation fee for shipping.

Thoughts?

To me it just makes mroe sense for fighters to buying from there own location or there to be a reward for doing so.

I'm not against fighters buying other country stuff but it should come with a price.

Imported goods in real life are generally more expensive and it would serve the game better for it to work like this in this game.

I don't own a clothing store anymore but one reason I got rid of it was because I found it to be rather blah.

It's stupid that if you buy clothing in Vegas and you live in St Petersburg that it just appears magically in St Petersburg.

I agree with you, and look forward to seeing what you stated added into the game.

My problem isn't with people buying clothing from company A based out of country/city Z.

It's with 'Fighter A' sponsored by 'Clothing Company X' buying and wearing items from 'Clothing Company Y'.

Would be nice if sponsored fighters had to actually use products from the sponsoring companies. I think this has even been suggested before.

I don't know if other shops are in the same sitution but I know Gyms are not. When you make a clothing store say in St. Petersburg you pretty much have to compete against every other clothing brand in the world for customers. Fight orgs don't really have to worry about this as no org right now trys to sign out of country talent. If i want to use a gym in New York and my fighter is in London he has to travel.

Just as a point of information: This is NOT true.

I've had a couple undefeated fighters' contracts come up and fight orgs from all over are DEFINITELY going for them aggressively.

I know this is not your point, but I just wanted to clarify . . . .

I agree that the clothing and supplements bought from a different country than where your fighter is located should cost a little more and it is expected that ordering things from another country should take a little longer to get to where you are located. As for fighters from different countries being snatched up by fight organizations that is to be expected as well. Of course the larger organizations are going to try to get the best fighters they can from all over the world. It's just something that smaller organizations can not afford to do as it costs to move a fighter from one city to another.

My problem isn't with people buying clothing from company A based out of country/city Z.

It's with 'Fighter A' sponsored by 'Clothing Company X' buying and wearing items from 'Clothing Company Y'.

Would be nice if sponsored fighters had to actually use products from the sponsoring companies. I think this has even been suggested before.

Agree, but you cant force someone to buy stuff from you. I also had fighters giving big sponsorships and than see their managers spend money somewhere else.

I agree with maybe a tax or shipping fee (whatever) and wait on buying something from another city and country different from your location but having to travel to Russia to buy a shirt or supplement is totally unrealistic....

I do get what your aiming for OP but that travel thing for an item in the real world that just would be shipped is a bit overboard imho.

It's stupid that if you buy clothing in Vegas and you live in St Petersburg that it just appears magically in St Petersburg.

I think you should just have to pay an extra $5-$20.

I would hate buying clothing and not gettin it for 3 days, I'd forget about it by the time my fighter got it.

If you HAVE to have a waiting system, at least have an option for an extra $10-$20 to get a "speedy express" thing, and get your clothes right away "magically" (its a game.)

IMO, the entire clothing aspect needs a re-work. I see almost no benefit from spending money on clothing. Also, there's no additional benefit from buying a $99 hoodie over a $25 pair of shorts. I would never spend money on clothes when I can spend it on nutrition, which actually improves my fighter. If morale was really low, then yes, but except for an emergency situation I just don't see any benefit.

There needs to be more logic and decision-making involved, like there is with nutrition.

IMO, the entire clothing aspect needs a re-work. I see almost no benefit from spending money on clothing. Also, there's no additional benefit from buying a $99 hoodie over a $25 pair of shorts. I would never spend money on clothes when I can spend it on nutrition, which actually improves my fighter. If morale was really low, then yes, but except for an emergency situation I just don't see any benefit.

There needs to be more logic and decision-making involved, like there is with nutrition.

Just assign clothing a quality rating like supplements and have 3 types: one that effects morale, one that effects hype, and another that effects popularity. Of course owners could still make custom designs. That should shake things up a little and keep the game balanced.

I made a suggestion in another thread. Then said thread died. So I'll quote it here just for the opportunity to see this thread die too :mf_popcorn1:

Give feedback on the idea, good or bad I don't care. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling.

From my limited experience with KRRO Wear. It's going to be very hard to break even let alone make a profit anytime soon. I'm sticking with it though and have no plans of closing up shop. I just have to find a way to make things work out.

Some of the problems I see are:

- Sponsored fighters are running around in clothing made by different companies.

- The 150 durability on clothing is to high and needs to be lowered. Any shirt I've worn 30-40 times is faded from being washed if it's not perma stained before then by me being a klutz while eating or some other mishap that I'm sure many of you have suffered.

- Morale is easily over looked by many. I've even sent out messages to some of my opponents telling them about morale just to try and make a sale in my shop as there fighters only had 60% morale.

- Magic Shirt and Shorts. Durability needs to be put on them. You don't start out with magic supplements or a free gym membership, but you get free perma clothes? Clothing shops are hard enough to make a profit with, these magic clothes just make it harder as many fighters are happy to wear them for ever so they can afford to keep training in top gyms while popping supplements.

I know, come out with better designs then and more people will buy your clothes. I'm working on it. I really am. I'd like to think I have some pretty nice ones on the market at the moment. I just don't see sales coming anytime soon as there are higher priorities for a fighters money spending as there is no immediate need for a fighter to have clothes.

I've been kicking around an idea in my head for awhile now and I guess this would be the time to mention it.

Have clothing give a bonus to a fighting style, or a stat or an ability and let the clothing manager decide which one from each of the three they want to pick when they make there company.

Example: Create a clothing company and have three pull down menus. One for Styles, one for Stats and one for Abilities. So I make my company and I pick Wrestling for Styles, Strength for Stats and Takedown Offence for Abilities. Now when I make a shirt or a pair of shorts. I can pick one of the three to put on that article as a bonus to the item. However, I can never change Wrestling for BJJ or Takedown Offence for Takedown Deffence or Strength for Agility. Once Picked. The choice is permanent.

I don't know enough about the mechanics of the game to know how much +1 in a Stat effects a Skill or a Style. So I'm just going to throw out numbers for examples.

Styles get +3, Abilities get +5 and Stats get +5.

Not only would this increase the desire to purchase clothing and make clothing shops more viable, it would add another element of fun and strategy to the game.

I dunno, just a thought. I'll never give up on my clothing company, but a change is needed.

Nothin against your ideas, I'm a proud wearer of KRRO wear and a firm believer if a company sponsors you wear at least 1 piece of their equip to the fight... but... clothing is pretty simple as it is and should remain pretty simple.

The ability to grant abilities would provide the opportunity for company owners to sponsor their own fighters and give their own fighters benefits which would be "unfair"

personally I don't care, cuz I just "play" the game, but for the most part the game works as it is I would just like to see the judging system scored differently at certain times (i'm sure a lotta people debate, I think there should be a choice for the org... pride (damage effectiveness etc) style scoring or point style scoring.) maybe there already is, I wouldn't know cuz I haven't and won't be opening an org anytime soon.

this could also be fixed if companies didn't sponsor fighters who wouldn't wear their clothing to begin with. Maybe have the ability to withdraw a sponsor if a fighter doesn't wear your clothes. Simple shit with a simple solution why don't everybody just think like me... lol (obvious joke but the solution is pretty simple.)

Getting stat boosts from wearing clothes is a terrible idea. This is a management game, not World of Warcraft. You shouldn't get +5 punching for wearing the shirt of the dragon or something gay like that. Boosting stats is what training and using supplements is for.

Just allow clothing companies to make 3 types of clothes. One that boosts morale, one that boosts hype, and one that boosts popularity. This is more realistic than having magic clothes that give you stat boosts. It would give people mroe incentive to buy clothes since better clothes would get them a better contract and attention from a better org.

Getting stat boosts from wearing clothes is a terrible idea. This is a management game, not World of Warcraft. You shouldn't get +5 punching for wearing the shirt of the dragon or something gay like that. Boosting stats is what training and using supplements is for.

Just allow clothing companies to make 3 types of clothes. One that boosts morale, one that boosts hype, and one that boosts popularity. This is more realistic than having magic clothes that give you stat boosts. It would give people mroe incentive to buy clothes since better clothes would get them a better contract and attention from a better org.

lol okay. clothing that gives a + to stats/skills/style is 'gay' (many other words you could have used there instead, show some maturity and learn them). But! clothing that gives + to morale/hype/popularity is different... how?

Oh I know! It was your idea and not mine :notworthy:

But whatever, it was feedback and I asked for it. Good or Bad.

lol okay. clothing that gives a + to stats/skills/style is 'gay' (many other words you could have used there instead, show some maturity and learn them). But! clothing that gives + to morale/hype/popularity is different... how?

Oh I know! It was your idea and not mine :notworthy:

But whatever, it was feedback and I asked for it. Good or Bad.

Nice clothes play a part in popularity, hype, and morale in real life. If you walked around in real life wearing a smelly, blood stained, neon pink tank top with holes in it there is a chance people wouldn't like you (popularity), wouldn't be interested in what you were doing (hype), and that you might not feel to good about yourself when you looked into a mirror (morale). This is a more realistic approach then buying the muay thai shorts of pwnage that give you +20 kicks.

Also, you asked for a critique of your idea and then got offended, that shows immaturity. I doubt you would have been less offended if i said "ridiculous" instead. You were just looking to find something wrong with what I said since it was against your suggestion. The word I used wasn't important, it was the meaning of it in that context.

Nice clothes play a part in popularity, hype, and morale in real life. If you walked around in real life wearing a smelly, blood stained, neon pink tank top with holes in it there is a chance people wouldn't like you (popularity), wouldn't be interested in what you were doing (hype), and that you might not feel to good about yourself when you looked into a mirror (morale). This is a more realistic approach then buying the muay thai shorts of pwnage that give you +20 kicks.

Also, you asked for a critique of your idea and then got offended, that shows immaturity. I doubt you would have been less offended if i said "ridiculous" instead. You were just looking to find something wrong with what I said since it was against your suggestion. The word I used wasn't important, it was the meaning of it in that context.

I wasn't offended by you critiquing me. CKeppelrun is against my idea and it doesn't phase me although he explained why and didn't just dismiss an idea with the usage of a single word. I would have preferred you used ridiculous instead and then explained why.

Now that you have explained the +morale/hype/popularity aspect of the clothing. Yes, it is a better idea than mine.

Great idea.

Just assign clothing a quality rating like supplements and have 3 types: one that effects morale, one that effects hype, and another that effects popularity. Of course owners could still make custom designs. That should shake things up a little and keep the game balanced.

Like it !