FEDOR vs. HENDERSON

Lyoto

47 members have voted

1. 1. ????

• FEDOR EMELIANENKO
    • DAN HENDERSON

Fedor....Hendo....Fedor....Hendo....Fuck that! WE ALL WIN! WHAT A FIGHT!

This is pretty much how I feel. Hendo is my all-time favorite fighter, but I will always have mad respect for Fedor. These two dudes are legends, and they're going to throw down. I don't really care who wins!

• Upvote 2

A nice person would say that this is a fight between legends who have served MMA unbelievable well and deserve a top billing due to their legacy.

Someone not so nice would say this is a fight between someone close to 40 against someone who's heart is no longer in the sport which may well lead to a fiasco similar to Crop Cop and Mir.

A nice person would say that this is a fight between legends who have served MMA unbelievable well and deserve a top billing due to their legacy.

Someone not so nice would say this is a fight between someone close to 40 against someone who's heart is no longer in the sport which may well lead to a fiasco similar to Crop Cop and Mir.

I can't determine that until after Saturday.

And close to 40 or not, Henderson is aging as well as another guy who recently retired, 7 years his elder. The only time he looked aged was against Shields.

And close to 40 or not, Henderson is aging as well as another guy who recently retired, 7 years his elder. The only time he looked aged was against Shields.

Hendo has consistently had gas tank issues after the first round though, especially at 185. I'd say it's largely due to his style being so physical, it's really hard to think of a guy who fights in that same grueling style.

Personally I'm a very nice person and super psyched. Big fan of both these guys.

One has to question how much of this is due to his testosterone "replacement". I dont want to go to far off topic but Hendo is one of the 3 people names as getting permission for TRT. This gives his permission to use and perscription to get Test with no rules to regulate him. There is really nothing to prevent him from using it as a PE just as Nate was doing.

Another reason why he ages well in fight terms is he has always been one dimensional. He has always been sloppy o the feet and wreckless with his wrestling. But he has got by with his toughness and power. But he has found it harder to land punches compared to early in his career. His chin is likely not as good as it was at one time but nothing has declined as much as you think it would at his age. Im hoping he isnt cheating with the TRT and he knocks Fedor into retirement. The last thing i want is Fedor thinking he has some leverage to demand big money or run off to Japan and hide.

http://www.cagedinsider.com/wp-content/images/mma/2011/07/hendo-fedor.jpg

You can definately see the size difference at their walking around weight. Didnt think the size would be that much different. But Damn is Fedor looking old!!! Looks like Bruce Willis. lol

One has to question how much of this is due to his testosterone "replacement". I dont want to go to far off topic but Hendo is one of the 3 people names as getting permission for TRT. This gives his permission to use and perscription to get Test with no rules to regulate him. There is really nothing to prevent him from using it as a PE just as Nate was doing.

Another reason why he ages well in fight terms is he has always been one dimensional. He has always been sloppy o the feet and wreckless with his wrestling. But he has got by with his toughness and power. But he has found it harder to land punches compared to early in his career. His chin is likely not as good as it was at one time but nothing has declined as much as you think it would at his age. Im hoping he isnt cheating with the TRT and he knocks Fedor into retirement. The last thing i want is Fedor thinking he has some leverage to demand big money or run off to Japan and hide.

He's one of the names being thrown around, but according to BJ Penn, it's probably a lot more. I see what you're saying though. And his chin is definitely not what it used to be, I noticed that when he fought Rampage four years ago, but it's still better than most. I'm hoping he pulls this one out, Hendo fan no matter what.

As for Fedor looking like Bruce Willis, maybe if Bruce Willis ate nothing but bacon cheeseburgers for a year lol. Fedor has always been tubby though.

Picking Fedor, could go either way, not too fussed but a Fedor win probably keeps him relevant and the chance of a few more fights against decent competition, possibly in the UFC.

Pretty much what I think but with a bit more enthusiasm for the fight from me. =)

I agree. It was a bad stoppage. I thought the ref tried to stop the fight because Hendo hit him twice on the back of the head.

This what I also noticed, I thought strikes in the back of the head are illegal, and Hendo hit him twice

and the fight was stopped pretty early, against Silva Fedor was GnP-ed much more than that, the referee didn't stop the fight at all

3 loss streak should make Fedor seriously consider retirement, his time passed already

This what I also noticed, I thought strikes in the back of the head are illegal, and Hendo hit him twice

and the fight was stopped pretty early, against Silva Fedor was GnP-ed much more than that, the referee didn't stop the fight at all

3 loss streak should make Fedor seriously consider retirement, his time passed already

I don't think that he should retire because of the way he lost. If he was getting knocked out like Wanderlei and Chuck I would say it's time to hang his gloves. He almost finished Hendo in the fight and in his fight against Big foot he was just unfortunate to get a doctor stoppage. I think Fedor still has a lot more in his career.

I'll have to watch entire fight later, can't now because of where I'm at, but just looking at that GIF, I think Fedor was about 2-3 shots from Bisping-land. Just my opinion though. Maybe a tad early, but I'm stoked for Henderson right now.

Only person who can decide when Fedor should retire is Fedor.

Tough loss for him.