ORG HALL OF FAME

tdouble

speaking of hall of fame..... I know it's been talked about with fighters a lot.... I think it'd be cool if a certain fighter got into the "hall of fame" We retire the corresponding avatar.....Limit entrants like football to say 6 per year.... ... then we're only losing 6 avatars a year...

• Downvote 2

speaking of hall of fame..... I know it's been talked about with fighters a lot.... I think it'd be cool if a certain fighter got into the "hall of fame" We retire the corresponding avatar.....Limit entrants like football to say 6 per year.... ... then we're only losing 6 avatars a year...

Nooooo. No retiring avatars. Unacceptable.

• Upvote 3

Nooooo. No retiring avatars. Unacceptable.

what? why? Who cares...? So a few fighters would be affected...... Big deal... most of the avatars have several "similar" faces with hairstyle changes and what not... So you got a fighter whose avatar got retired... pick the simliar one

i.e

Jigoro Kane

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/2/2w18.jpg

he gets it retired .... and you used to have this avatar.... you just go to this one

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/2/2w13.jpg

or... If we retire an avatar....mike can just change the face on the retired one a little... and nothing would have to be changed

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i know it's been brought up before, and i think it's on mike's list but i can't remember. in the meantime they can just do it manually on their gym page or separate website.

the problem with a separate website, is what to link it to. if an org is active, that's fine, but i'm thinking about orgs like PRIDE FC, CHOKE, DIFO, and others...closed orgs. what do they link to? everyone can make their own wiki-sites and it might even be better than the actual forums. the only problem is, the link to it. maybe a separate "HOF" sub-forum in the "fight organizations" forum? one locked thread with a link to the org's wiki page?

also, orgs need to decide on their own parameters and list them. u don't want orgs having hosted 1 or 2 jigoro kane fights and then claiming him on their hof. u would just have that org listed as one of the stops during his illustrious career.

on a side note...i just thought about how much money i could make by hall of fame writeups. u know, creating the wiki page wit pics links and a blurb about the fighter? i might go make one for DIFO in a few days...but still have nowhere to post the link.