Buying More Fighters

5 more fighters  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should 5 more fighters be able to be purchased

• Yes, why not be able to purchase 5 more
    • No, 15 is enough

I know this was talked about for the longest time, but im sorting getting bored. I have 15 fighters a org and have my had in running two gym. And I still find myself wanting more, why not add 5 more fighters. I'll pay for them, take days off my VIP but i want some more fighters or sumthn new to take up my time in this game.

Also i think it would help fill out rosters in org, a lot of orgs struggle to sign guys for lack of quality managers. And with 5 more optional fighters it leaves a lot more guys on the free agent list. (More fighters another city maybe)

Jeff

Triumph United

• Upvote 2

I have had 15 for over a year now and its very regular for me to sit at 13 fighters as i'am now. I personaly just dont need 15 even with the ability to have 15, i tend to cycle the last 2 slots in and out to create throw away fighters to help out friends with events that have holes and nothing more.

I also feel like +5 was bad enough of an inbalance on the game in terms of "buying power" that adding anohter +5 would be a mistake, that said its not a ball breaking situation for me, if 5 more are added it wont spoil my day or anything, i just wont be getting them unless it sadly becomes a situation were you NEED to have them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't see any logical reasons which could hurt the game if we tomorrow could buy 5 more fighters... :smile_anim:

The main logic was if i remember right, it would create a bigger gap between VIP and Non VIP.

But,, that is an even bigger incentive to buy the friggin VIP, than in the first place.

The NON VIP's can get their 6th fighter for free for all i care, as long as the VIP's can buy five more.... ;)

Hope Mike sees the sense in this.

• Upvote 1

The main thing i was thinking of as a negative to be honest was the gap it potentialy builds bettwen the people who struggled enough to pay VIP and then find the VIP with more money than them can effectively have 2 VIP accounts worth of fighters, sure the none vip or the single none expanded vip can still compete if he's super super awesome and wins every single fight but is their anyone who would seriously argue that it dosnt give the effective double VIP a major advantage as far as the rankings go?

Some might say it dosnt matter but if thats the case then what is the dream we are selling to the new manager that signed up today and is considering signing up for VIP so that one day he can be #1 ... its possible but are we to make it even more difficult than it has to be? ...

I honestly wont lose any sleep at all if more fighters are added so i find it funny that someone down-rated my orignal post (and will likely down rate this one) for simply adding a counter point, but whatever.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm becoming more open to the idea because I had a little thought about potentially letting fighters retire but stay in those slots and become coaches, or something along those lines. I haven't thought it out in any more detail than that, but they could maybe do seminars or something. Maybe on Sundays.

• Upvote 2

I'm becoming more open to the idea because I had a little thought about potentially letting fighters retire but stay in those slots and become coaches, or something along those lines. I haven't thought it out in any more detail than that, but they could maybe do seminars or something. Maybe on Sundays.

Would be awesome!

Seminars is cool but I actually would be satisfied just to be able to have them as sparbots in the gym without the need to worry about their skills receding...

this would be so awesome.

• Upvote 1

I would love more fighter slots. More fighters in the game means more supplements purchased, clothing buys, gym fees, etc. It also includes more real money in Mike's pocket if we buy them. Seems like a winner for everyone. :)

That said, I do think we need some sort of cap. Maybe we expand 2 slots to 17?

Exactly. I used to not have time for 15 fighters and like Tempest sat around 13, but I'm sure 20 wouldn't hurt.

However, that being said I agree a +2 boost would be a great start. You add another +1 down the road, maybe another +2 and a cap of 20. I don't think there should be more than 20 fighters on somebody's roster. 15 is more than enough for me, but I can understand why people would want to have 20 but I'd agree that adding 2 more would be a start. Maybe a year later add another 1, and so on.

I think if you're going to do something like that, you should have "alumni". You know how you have your list of fighters who used to be on your roster, just make a seperate list for "alumni" which would be retired fighters that would be viewable by the public. I've explained it better in a different post in the past.

I love that idea Mike, i'd like to somehow see my past fighters after they retire. Put in a lot of hard work on the guys and like to have a "Alumni" or my own personal HOF. But id like if they didnt take up any of my slot for active fighters though lol.

Hell for all i care id pay 10 dollars per extra fighter slot. 50$ for a cool 5 extra sounds worth it to me