Warrior

Not sure who all has seen this yet, but I watched it the other day and I have to say it was a pretty awesome movie. In terms of the actual fights, it was a little, just a little, over the top, especially the last fight, but in general this is definitely the best MMA movie to date. Not that there's stiff competition there. Anyone who remotely enjoyed the Rocky series or Miracle should check this one out.

Amazing movie the ending was a bit over the top but taken in contex of the film,and with the fact i have brothers myself. The ending just made it all the more awesome.

***************** CONTAINS SPOILERS******************************

I thought it was good but I'm not sure I sided with the lead guy enough (The teacher), I wanted the marine bro to win at the end, I kept thinking about the girl with the kid who he promised the money to after she lost her husband serving his country! Didn't really care too much about the teacher losing his posh house, big fucking deal!

A little hard to believe the tournament storyline about how the two brothers got into it and how little everyone seemed to know about anything in general but I guess they had to get it together somehow.

But yeh all in all a pretty good movie and one of the better MMA ones.

***************** CONTAINS SPOILERS******************************

I thought it was good but I'm not sure I sided with the lead guy enough (The teacher), I wanted the marine bro to win at the end, I kept thinking about the girl with the kid who he promised the money to after she lost her husband serving his country! Didn't really care too much about the teacher losing his posh house, big fucking deal!

You know, I don't think it really mattered which brother you related to. I can relate to both somewhat, I'm a vet and also recently married. I didn't do anything like the Marine did lol, but I know people who are no longer here and their family had hard times afterward. But the family man in me was pulling for the teacher, I didn't even think the house was that posh. I actually thought Tom Hardy(marine) was going to win, but after the brother got his ass beat for two rounds I knew there was no way they'd end the movie like that. But yea, I think it all depends on the individual, didn't really matter who you rooted for.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the movie, Jennifer Morrison is gorgeous, and a damn good actress. I wish she was still on House.

Well I watched it again and while decent it's no Bloodsport :D

the film BLOODSPORT

will share a little story with you here that is true.

while serving with the british army i was posted on a two year tour of Hong Kong in Stanley Fort brks.in 1986

during my time there , many great things happened , but one in particular stood out,

We were getting ready for a six week tour of Korea to provide a hounor guard so had to learn american foot and arms drill and one day a film crew turned up on our camp.

they started filming us and we were told it was for a few scenes in a new martial arts film.

over the next couple of weeks the film crew were seen all over the camp filming scenes and a lot of soldiers were used as extras and a lot of the army buildings etc were used/converted for use in the film.

also our physical trainning instructor i think his name was Vik Reeves or that was his nick name was used in one of the actual fights featured in the film.

nobody knew or had even heard of Van Damm at the time , and all he was to us was a little bloke , and i mean realy little , who was a supposed actor.

well they finished filming and i never gave it a second thought untill i returned to london in 1988

i dont know exactly when it was but being bored one night , i decided to rent a video from the local shop , and picked up the film Bloodsport

i still hadnt made the conection , and it was only when i sat down to watch it i had that OMFG feeling :)

at the time i had no idea what they had filmed or were going to include in the film so it came as a suprise that large amounts of the scenes are actualy filmed in stanley fort hong kong , and nearly all the extras in crowd scenes are infact british soldiers, also at the begining of the film

you see van damm on an army base with what you assume to be american soldiers in the background? , they are not , they are infact no.2 company The Coldstream Guards.

the school scene , is infact the NAFFI and not a school .

just thought i would share this.

Well 2 of my closest friends and coldstream guards so I'm happy about that Lmao

realy ? i was with them on and off from 1979 to 1995 i was back and forth at this time but knew a hell of a lot of the lads. whats thier names or knicks as it would be easier and not to personal

also i didnt realise you were a northener , i assume you are?