Immortals New York

Steel

Post Fight Press conference after Mr Sensational Taco Bueno wins again.....

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/8/8w13.jpg

Reporter: "Taco, congratulations on another dominant performance against a world class opponent.."

Taco "Thanks man, pure strikers can cause me problems, like in the Brown fight, so its nice to get the job done, nice to get a submission too."

Reporter: "a lot of fight fans say you have the game to beat Tyler Richards, what do you make of that?"

Taco: "You better believe it, Tyler scares the crap out of guys on the ground, but he cant be so aggressive with me because he knows I can make him pay. Its the fight I want but that dude Sykloni might get the call, but I will wait, beating one of the Janne Camp princesses to take the title would be sweet."

Reporter: "Your thoughts on Brandao..."

Taco "Brandao is a hell of a fighter, and he is only young, so he will be back. Its my time to shine, I am the most famous MMA fighter in the world, now I am showing I have the skills to compete with the best fighters in the world. I got the looks, I'm hung and I can fight."

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13803121273862.png

From Tedd Stronghams' twitter

"Got my tickets for tonights fight @ FN Daniels Ventura II I'm excited... Better not be a boring ass fight or somebody is going to get a real bad beating by me next time #smackdown! #GiveMeTheBelt! #Immortals #Ringside"

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/15/15w22.jpg

The Alabama Alpha Male: Ventura, good fight buddy. Going the distance against me ain't half bad. You just picked the wrong way to go with me, it's never gonna look good to the judges when someone's just trying to win rounds and the other guy is tying to win the fight. But still, it's a loss you can remember.

This just in

On 2013-08-09 22:00 CET we just recieved confirmation about the rumored fight between the champion Bobby Lee Daniels and the Challenger Tedd Strongham will take place.

Tedd Strongham voiced his oppinion on how he wanted and deserved to be the challenger for the belt. We met up with Tedd Strongham for a few words

Reporter: Hi and congratulation on upcoming title fight

Tedd: Thank you, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to become future champ

Reporter: You already once was a champ in your previous organization and then you lost it tell us about that.

Tedd: Yes, I was the champ and I made a small mistake. A silly mistake really but it cost me and now I know hard it can be to recover. That is why I will not let that happen again.

Reporter: What will you do differently?

Tedd: a lot has happend since then and I've grown as a fighter. I'm more confident in my abilities now than ever before.

Reporter: What are your thoughts on the current champion, Bobby Lee Daniels?

Tedd: I think he's a good fight, ehm.. packs a lot of power, is a striker...but he hasn't faced a fighter like me... so yeah this has the potential to become the fight the fans have been craving for..

Reporter: Daniels is on a 9 win streak what will you do to break that beautiful streak.

Tedd: He's fought some good guys in the past but there hasn't been any strikers with the power that I possess. I've finished 15 of my fights and i plan on making it 16. Bobby is a good fighter and he's done

a lot of things right but one thing he doesn't have enough of is heart. You'll have to chain me to the wall to keep me from comming at you.

Reporter: Anything you'd like to say to the champion before we end this interview?

Tedd: I hope you fight me like you fight the other guys, I'd like to see you try and bully me around. I know you'll be having bad dreams about my big right fist connecting with that pretty little face. I know what you can do but I can do it better, come August 31st I'll be the one forcing you back on your heels.

Reporter: Thank you Tedd and good luck in your upcoming fight

Tedd: My pleasure.

We also got a few words from the manger himself Hunter Jones

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1370649380544234_4467563_lz.jpg

Reporter: if you don't mind me asking. What's the deal with the cat?

Hunter: Well when I started this business my fighters where breaking skulls left and right. So much to that degree that word got out that there was a new cat intown

so that just stuck with me. The top cat. Won a bunch of thropies and such.. looks really cool in my display cabinet.

Reporter: oh I see.... anyways. It was not too long ago your team joined the Immortals organization. What are your thought?

Hunter: Immortals have been really good to us. Me and the camp are really happy to be here and you can tell by the numbers of fighters we have signed over to the organization.

Reporter: What are your thoughts on the upcoming title fight between the champion and his management.

Hunter: Obviously any guy that has a 9 fight winstreak must have some skills so we are not overlooking that. The fighting style matches ours and we don't mind going toe to toe.

Janne has a camp full of champions and they have been fighting some decent competition. It's no doubt in my mind that we are up against a team of skilled induviduals.

Having said that thought I keep on wondering why it took the janne camp 24h to confirm the fight. Do i smell fear?

Reporter: Are you calling Janne a chicken?

Hunter: Heavens no! I'm saying he had to think twice before he took the fight unlike Tedd who kept screaming "LETS DO THIS!"

Reporter: Strong words, Can be a though pill to swallow if you...

Hunter: Well we better not lose then would we? It's going to be a blast either way. We love it, I'm sure the fans will love it. I mean who doesn't want to see 2 of the division strongest heavy hitters

go toe to toe.

Report: How do you see the fight end?

Hunter: I predict this fight aint going the distance. Once you feel the power that Tedd has you just want to go home and Bobby Lee will be no different.

There you have it, the fight is schedualed on August 31st in the Liberty dome areana, The champion Bobby Lee Daniels vs The challenger Tedd Strongham, here in New York. Have a good night!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The undisputed Immortals New York light heavyweight champion, "The Alabama Alpha Male" Bobby Lee Daniels, has finally returned from his trip to Amsterdam. Daniels spoke a bit with a reporter at the Helsinki-Vantaa airport.

Reporter: So Bobby Lee, you went missing after your latest title defence in New York. What I heard, you were supposed to return straight to Helsinki. What happened?

Bobby Lee Daniels:Oh, boy. I just told Tyler (Tyler Richards, the Immortals MW champion) that fuck it, we're going to have a bit of fun. So we jumped to to a Amsterdam plane instead of Mr.Finlands jet. Partied a bit there, celebrated our succesful title defences.

R:But Tyler Richards came back almost two weeks ago already. What happened to you?

BLD:Oh yeah, Tyler flew back on friday, I took a plane to Vegas baby!

R:What?

BLD:Yeah, went Vegas for some good time, had a helluva lot of beer, women, beer and then I think I got drunk. There's a strong chance I might be married now, I'm not really sure.

R:Still, you flew back from Amsterdam.

BLD:After a week in Vegas I started to miss that lights district street or whatever it is, and went back there. Just hope they don't make me piss in a cup after I beat that older gentleman at end of august.

R:Alright, I think that is enough of your journeys. So let's talk about your next fight, which you already mentioned a bit. You're fighting Teddy Strongham, a versatile striker who seems very confident he'll knock you out and take the title. What do you think about this?

BLD:They're all the same, they come in, they think they're world beaters, I punch them in the head and they fold. They just panic, they forget their game plans and run for their life. Then I punch them again and they go down. Strongham ain't different, they say he's experienced, that's just a kind way of saying you're old. He's clearly a good fighter, the guy has power, but the old fucker can't handle my speed. I'll blitz him the way I did Brain Damage the first time. The title is staying on my waist.

R:You have finished all but three of your twenty professional victories by the way of knock out or tko. What makes you such a devastating striker?

BLD:I dunno. I've said it before, I just punch them in the head and they go down. You know, I'd never even punched anyone before I started MMA. But when you wrestle all your life you just develop strenght others don't understand.

R:So striking just came naturally to you?

BLD:Well, yeah. Mr. Stigu at kurasali showed me some techniques and everything was in place, I started connecting and bodies started falling.

R:You think you have any weaknesses in you game at this point.

BLD:Well, you know. I've done this thing a long time now but I'm still kinda new to this jiu-jizzing thing. I'm a wrestler by heart, so I really don't want fight on my back, and you know, having a man between your legs when you're on your back, that ain't something we do where I come from.

R:Ok, thanks for the interview Bobby, always fun to talk to you.

BLD: No proplem, say hello to Brain Damage if you see him, he seems to be hiding after the last whoopping I gave to him. Old boy Strongpork might be the same, his outspoken confidence seems eerily similar to Brain Damage. Things ain't looking good for him.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/34/34w24.jpg

Bison Bradley

''Irving Brown ... pft, what a cheating bastid. After being dominated in the first round, he decides to start the second round off with an illegal knee to my groin .... then follows it up promptly with a superman punch, forcing the referee to step in. Enjoy the win, Brown. That's the only way you could have ever 'knocked me out'. If we ever meet in the cage again, I'll show you how a real man fights.''

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company_banners/1335521283godnnedimm.jpg

INY 89 Bueno vs Richards

Liberty Dome, New York

“Evening fight fans, I’m Richie Ciapelli of MMA USofA and I’m privileged to be on Steels private jet with Taco Bueno as he flies from Montreal to New York to face the mighty Tyler Richards for the INY World Middleweight Title.

Taco, how you feeling about tonights fight? Not too many fight fans think you can take out Tyler who is mowing down all who challenge him?”

Taco: “I’m feeling good, nervous, but I’m told that’s a good thing. Look I know Tyler is great champ and his ground game is beyond world class, but I’m here on merit, I’ve beaten some good guys to get this title shot and I’m gonna do my best and hope I can spring the upset.”

Richie “Tyler has been submitting BJJ Black Belts, and he can hang with the best strikers in the division until they tire and then he works his ground magic. Taco, what tactics make you think you can take his title?”

Taco “Doesn’t sound good does it, but my ground game isn’t bad and I’m hoping I can hang with him for a while on the ground, but I don’t think he hits hard so I’m looking to catch him, BAM, lights out. So, I’ve got to just hang in there and look for that one opening and put him away.”

Richie “Taco it’s a great card that you and Tyler are headlining, so give us you thoughts on tonight’s fights.

155lb Speed vs Henderson

Taco “Yeh, outside of Vieri these two are the best lightweights right now and I’ve heard Henderson really wants a piece of Vieri but he has to dispose of Speed first. Speed is on a roll, but he is facing a really experienced guy in Henderson, so Henderson might have the edge. I’m definitely going to watch this in my room. I think if Speed can beat Henderson, then certainly the world will start to wonder if he can really hang with Vieri. But right now, I give the edge to Hendo, but boy, what a match up, two world class strikers.”

205lb Sagdiyev vs Harunodo

Taco “Holy shit, these guys come and bang, real kill or be killed strikers who have murderous high kicks. This will be a brutal war and with these guys power you can’t blink. Both these guys have been knocked out before so it could go either way. Maybe Sagdiyev, but who knows?”

265lb Bo vs Simmons

Taco “Bo is 2-2 in the INY but he has mixed it only with the best of the best, hell, he has a win over Kally so that dude can fight. Bo has world class Muay Thai and great kicks but came undone last time against a boxer, and Simmons is on a 4 fight win streak and has heavy hands. Bo is a step up in class for Simmons though, so I give him the edge, but to be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if Simmons blasts him out, the guy has been on fire lately.”

155lb Young vs Edilhson

Taco “Great ground fight for the purists, Edilhson has the BJJ and Young is a world class wrestler. Close decision either way. Young was one the first dominant 150k+ world champs so he has the pedigree to continue his return to the top after management disputes led to long periods of inactivity. Should be a good fight though, Edu is a tough kid and has been in with the best.”

155lb Matice Jnr vs Saunders

Taco “Ahh, Matice the takedown bomber against the road warrior himself Joe Saunders, I like Saunders here, he has the ground game to neutralize Matice’s wrestling and maybe Joe will throw in some submissions. Should be another great fight, Saunders can be hurt, so Matice is going to try and throw the home run if he can stick Joe on his back. But, for me, Saunders edges this one.

170lb Kootz vs Holmes

Taco “Kootz has the ground game to get the job done, but Holmes is durable, and has skills but hasn’t got the big win needed. If Kootz can stick Holmes on his back regular enough and keep him there, he wins this one by decision.”

145lb Crash vs IV

Taco “Crash has fought the best in the division, and he has good stand up but IV will look for the takedown. I think Crash is evolving as a fighter, and I question whether IV can impose himself on the ground enough to impress the judges. Crash has to be careful, though as IV has some submission wins to his name. But Crash, decision, close though.”

170lb Grygiel vs Von Hammer

Taco “Love these guys, fearless journeymen. Grygiel has to get the take down and Hammer has to catch him and put him away when he shoots. Both these guys look susceptible to the others strengths, and for me Grygiel will get the take down and then Hammer will be in serious trouble.”

170lb Johnson vs Jackson

Taco “Shit Richie, Johnson gets killed when he can’t keep a guy on the ground, but he some serious BJJ skills so Jackson has to be really careful here and force the referee to stand up proceedings. Johnson will fancy this one, Jackson’s wrestling isn’t great and he can’t hang with Johnson on the ground. Should be a fun fight, and interesting to watch. Johnson gets KO’d or wins by sub. Jackson has to be patient though, shut down Jackson on the ground, take no chances.”

Richie “Taco, thanks man, the INY fans appreciate it. Not long now to the biggest fight of your career, so good luck.”

Taco “Thanks Richie, I’ve got Rory with me who has a sub win over Tyler a few years back, so hopefully he will bring me luck. Hopefully I can put on a show for the fans, give the Janne camp some scares, and who knows , maybe shock the world.”

Richie “There is talk that Tyler is on the brink of the INY Hall of Fame?”

Taco “Heard that too, fair play, he has defended the title 6 times so far, which is amazing. Hopefully, I can be the man to take his title and smash his HOF hopes, but to be fair Tyler has my utmost respect. That aside, tonight I’m coming to take his title, the Sensational Taco Bueno is gonna rock New York City!”

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/25/25w21.jpg

Tyler Richards:I knew Taco Bueno is a solid fighter, good allround skill set to compete at the highest level. Obviously a very confident guy too, but it really wasn't a good idea to start yapping his mouth towards me. The thing just is, no one ever knows what sort of hell they'll have go through once they're locked in a cage with me. Not until the fight is over. Taco knows now.

Taco Bueno - post fight press conference

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/8/8w13.jpg

Reporter: "Taco, you seemed confident coming into the fight, but it seemed you couldn't get anything to work for you in there?"

Taco: "Yeh, I felt great, and I felt everything was going to plan until the fight started."

Reporter: "That was a brutal first round, were you surprised by how Tyler dominated you?"

Taco "Yeh, I couldnt get my traction and slipped a few times, and Tyler landed on top of me a few times, I was worried about my knee, which distracted me and allowed him to land a couple of shots. Not much else happened."

Reporter: "Errmm Taco, from where we were sitting he hit you, kicked you and threw you to the ground, so, err round 2 I supposed you were blinded by the sun or something?"

Taco "Sounds about right, no seriously, he hit so hard and he caught me with the big shot and I slipped again, and as we fell his elbow landed by accident in my face and it broke my nose, so the fight was stopped."

Reporter " Are you for real?"

Taco "OK, hands up, he kicked my ass (laughing) all credit to him, he is a beast, but I will be back, and I would love to earn another shot at the title one day. Just like to thank all my fans, sorry I couldn't do it this time for you all."

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1377170551immortals4.jpg

INY 90 Daniels vs Strongham

“Ladies, gentlemen, and INY fans around the world, I’m Richie Ciapelli of MMA USofA and I’m here with the ‘Sensational One’ Taco Bueno to talk INY 90 Daniels vs Strongham.

Taco, great to see you looking so well after the beatdown Richards layed on you at INY 89.”

Taco “Yeh, feeling good, nice to be back in the chair, and really stoked about INY 90, a lot of guys are saying Strongham might have what it takes to beat the champ.”

Richie “Yeh, thats what I’m hearing, its a helluva match up, and the rest of the card is stacked, with Camacho vs Winnfield showcases two guys who will be looking for a title shot if they can get the win.

OK let’s get started.

205lb World Light Heavyweight Title Fight

"The Alabama Alpha Male" Bobby Lee Daniels Vs "Mayhem" Tedd Strongham

Taco “Daniels is making the 4th defense of the title he took from Winnfield, and has racked up two wins over former champion Anthony Ventura since then. Daniels is a world class boxer, but he can mix things up and has shown he has great takedowns in recent fights though I thought he struggled in his last fight against Ventura who fought a great fight. You know, I’ve watched that fight a few times and I feel Ventura deserved at least the draw. “

Richie “Yeh it was close, but I think Daniels will mix it up more against Strongham who isn’t offensive off his back, and like we saw in the Winnfield fight, Daniels has some brutal ground and pound, and I’m guessing Daniels is going to look to stick Strongham on his back.”

Taco “For me Ted Strongham is as tough an opponent Daniels has ever faced, he is 19-3 with 15Kos, and those two losses came against far more experienced fighters, and he dropped decisions, he has been stopped only once and that was 5 years ago. He isn’t going to fear Daniels one bit, and at 34 he has all the motivation he needs to become a 3 org world champion.”

Richie “Yeh, his striking is world class, and he has faced some quality opposition including Le Rone, but he wont overlook Daniels, he knows Daniels has youth on his side, but Im guessing he will look to how Daniels struggled against Aquino and feel he can hang with Daniels standing. Opinion is split on this one, Daniels is younger and is still evolving, and may have too much diversity over a 5 round fight for the older fighter, but Strongham looks so strong, and many INY pundits and tipping the Hunter Jones veteran to claim a sensational victory.”

Taco “Hey, the Janne Camp are top class too, they have an awesome camp and it wouldn’t be wise to overlook Daniels. I’m taking Daniels to finish this by the 4th via ground and pound.”

Richie “Sorry Taco, Strongham by decision.”

205lb Division Camacho vs Winnfield

Richie “You only have to look at the stature of the three guys Camacho has crushed, and I mean crushed to realise that this guy might just be the real deal, and could be holding the belt within a year. Smith, Youngblood and Speed have fallen to this undefeated Rio based striker, and next to step up is former World Champion Jules Winnfield 16-6, a world class boxer, who holds wins over Youngblood, Speed, and Hayes. Winnfield is a banger he has 12 wins by KO, and will relish a crack at Camacho, and knows a win could set him up for a another tilt at the world title.”

Taco “Winnfield will definitely test Camacho’s chin, and if he has any weakness in that department he will get his lights put out. But Camacho hasn’t put a foot wrong so far, he is undefeated and like Winnfield comes from a world class camp. I’m edging towards the undefeated fighter, so maybe Camacho?”

Richie “Hey, I can’t split these guys, both are world class strikers with real KO power.”

155lb Division – Ross vs Wedge Xiii

Richie “Ross fights out of the Blunts camp and at 8-2 is on a 5 fight win streak. Ross has a powerful ground game, solid takedowns, great ground and pound, but it is his developing striking game that stood out in his last fight. Against a world class wrestler like Xiii 14-6, Ross will look to stuff takedowns and break down Xiii with low kicks. Xiii stopped Saunders in his last fight and will hope his experience will see him through against a very talented but younger opponent.”

Taco “Yeh, Ross comes from great stock, and this is a good step up class for him, and you are right, Xiii will fancy his chances here. I still got to go with Ross though, I think his kicking game to be the difference.”

185lb Division - Arthanier vs Brandao

Richie “Taco, two guys from your division here, with the prodigious talent Ramus Arthanier 8-0 taking another step toward Tyler Richards crown, when he faces the super talented striker Brandao 10-6.”

Taco “What a fight this is! Brandao doesn’t like ground guys, but he can bang and he will really want to send a message to the division that he is still a major force and what better way than stopping the charge of arguably the most exciting young talent in the INY. Arthanier beat Newmark in his last fight and this is another step in class, and if he wins this, you gotta say the kid is the real deal. But, you know Brandao has only lost to ground guys and he isn’t facing a BJJ Black Belt in this fight so its a different ball game. I would love to see the youngster do it, but my head says Brandao by decision.”

205lb Division - Renninger vs LaFontier

Richie “Two of the most talented young light heavies on the planet here, with Renninger 11-4 facing the big hitting LaFontier 7-5.”

Taco “Yeh, two serious strikers, Renninger has a kick boxing background and LaFontier boxing, and both these guys have some losses, but most importantly I don’t think are too relevant. Renninger just cant handle BJJ guys at this stage of his young career, but LaFontier isn’t gonna take him down, so its down to striking and Renninger doesn’t get beat by strikers. Equally, LaFontier has heavy hands and he has lost by KO, but he was a boy fighting men in the UPGV, so you cant read to much into this. Who wins this one? I really cant pick a winner here, two great talents, great camps, so it could go either way.”

185lb Division - Heikki vs Hagler

Richie “I cant wait to see if Hagler can handle the heat Heikki is going to bring to the cage with his wrestling and BJJ Black Belt, and though he is 9-9 he has fought at a really high level and Hagler is gonna have his hands full here, as far as I am concerned.”

Taco “You got give credit to Hagler, he got told by Steel he had to face Heikki because a lot of guys wouldn’t risk their rank against such a dangerous guy. Hagler knows he is in for a tough night and he has struggled in the past with the wrestlers, but Hagler could catch him, he has the power, a good chin and comes to fight. But yeh, Heikki looks good here for me too.”

185lb Division - Brown vs Portier

Richie “You Brown hasn’t won since he beat you Taco, lost 3 straight since then, so Richards in a title fight which is fair enough, to Sykloni by decision, who looks top draw, and last time most surprisingly by KO to Meldrick Tyson.”

Taco “Yeh, no one saw that coming, Brown was a big favourite and Tyson starched him, so he needs a big performance here against Portier. Brown is a world class, he has wins over top guys like Clinton and Fybra, and he is rarely in a dull fight. The guy has serious power, I’ve sampled it first hand but Portier 8-4 looks another tough fight, world class Muay Thai, experience in the UPGV, he has come to the INY to make a run for the title and after demolishing Okam he knows a big win, by KO, over Brown will get the big boys attention.”

Richie “Yeh, the Tyson KO worries me, how much did that take out of Brown?”

Taco “Sure, but he has been stopped only twice in 20 fights so I don’t know, this fight is so close, one thing I’m sure of it will be a war.”

The Undercard

265+ Division – King vs Rowe

Richie “King is a great boxer with KO power 9 Kos in his 11-4 record and should be too strong for Rowe 5-12 who has lost his last 5 fights.”

Taco “Yeh, King by KO, unless Rowe gets a freak takedown and gets a sub, but I don’t see that happening.”

265lb Division – Flair vs Kowski

Richie “Flair is a fun guy to watch at 11-7 this dude has 8 wins by KO and 6 losses by KO. A striker, he leaves it all in the cage, and despite losing his last two he starts the favourite here for me against Kowski 7-8 who will look to get the takedown and use his ground and pound.”

Taco “Agreed, Flair has fought some decent opposition in the INY and Tokyo, and assuming his takedown defence is OK then I think he can put Kowski away.”

205lb Division – Seagal vs Malone

Richie “The first fight of the night sees submission artist Seagal 11-8 11 subs, facing the rounded Malone 11-7 who will need to keep this one standing.”

Taco “This is a rematch, Malone won the first one by KO, and I expect Malone to repeat the original outcome, though as a BJJ guy I would like to see Seagal sink in a sub – but realistically, Malone survived a number of sub attempts in the first fight, then used his leg kicks to break Seagal down and put him away. So, its Malone by KO.”

Richie “OK INY fans, that’s INY 90, the biggest threat to Daniels’ reign of terror over the light heavies could come to and end on Saturday night. With an undercard absolutely stacked with talent, after Saturday night we will have the answer to so many questions. Ladies and gentlemen, its the Immortals and good night.”

• Upvote 4

The Alabama Alpha Male: Wow, how the hell did the judges see "The Running Man" Strongham win that fight? That's the bigges load of bullshit in a loooong while. Fuck, it's one thing if you lose when the other guy shut your lights off, but when the men in suits say you lose after you just fucked the other guy up. Fuck that shit, better grap a few beers.

What a night and how many great fights did we witness after a spectacullar event like INY 90. Joining us here is the NEW light heavy weight champion, Tedd "Mayhem" Strongham!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13803121273862.png http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20120107224210immortalbelt.jpg

Reporter: Congratulations on a big fight and very big night for you. How are you holding up?

Strongham: Wow yeah that was a fight, not going to lie to you that was probably the thoughest fight I've had to date and I got started on the wrong foot. It didn't go quite as i planned, more like I got thrown of the mountain straight away and had to climb my way back up again.

Reporter: What show of heart that was, if there where any doubters before I'm sure they are silenced now. Lead us through what was going through your mind as you got rocked and he dropped you with that right hook.

Strongham: To be honest I don't actually remember the hook but I think what set it up was that bobby got off to such a great start and he timed a shot that just took the wind out of me and shortly after he managed to open up an old cut that's been naging me for a little while and yeah he just startled me. Again, I don't know what hit me but my instict took over and I recovered quite quickly.

Reporter: As the fight progressed you seemed to find your comfort zone and you started to dominate more and more, I don't think a lot of people would have belived it if they hadn't seen it for themselfs. It was as if the first round never had happend. where did you find the strenght?

Strongham: It was a good thing Bobby wanted to take me to the ground, apperantly he saw some weakness there, I don't know.. but that actually gave me the chance to recover and wake me up. I went back to my gameplan and as soon as I started landing a few good shots I could see the alabama hillbilly losing some of his edge. He wasn't as dangerous anymore.

Reporter: Bobby Lee Daniels was pretty vocal after fight saying you ran from the fight and that the judges stole his win. He clearly thought he won that fight. What do you have to say to that?

Strongham: I don't know, maybe some of my shots hurt him more than he can remember because I think the judges got it all right. They wheren't cought up in the moment where he dropped me in first round. Any MMA fan who got a pair of decent eyes can see that the compustrike clearly showed I out striked my opponant. I landed the better shots, except that first round ofc. And bobby was chaising ghost with his punches. He's calling me a chicken because he knows his dumbass went straight into the trap and he payed for it.

Reporter: Did you think the fight would end up in a decision?

Strongham: No, hehe... I did not. I was not aiming for it and I'm suprised that bobby could handle the damage. I landed a few good hard onces but to his credit he took them.

Reporter: Was there anything about his Bobby Lee that suprised you?

Strongham: He did pretty much what we thought he would do. We knew he would probably want to take it to the ground. I bet he didn't expect my ground game to be good enough to shut down his offence. Other than the fact that he actually dropped me...hmmm now I don't know.. .well his kicks, I got to say I was suprised he was so succesful with them. They were a lot faster than I antisipated.

Reporter: This was an amazing fight, I thank you for giving it to us. I expect this fight will be talked about for many many months. Some will call it a travisty others will call it a well deserv win and maybe even the biggest comback of the year. Thank you for this interview and congratulations on what is probably the biggest win of your career?

Strongham: No doubt about it. This was the biggest fight of my life, I'm very thankful I got chance to prove myself. It was a close fight. The last round could have gone either way as we both where exhausted and again, I think the judges got this one right. And I'm sure bobby lee will comeback even stronger next time and I'll be ready then.

The fight night fans had been waiting for was finally here and with big anticipations I don't think anyone left the areana dissapointed after the rounds of fight they been served here tonight. This was an amazing card and a lot of good talents on it. We got to witness a new king being crowned, much to the dissbelieves of Bobby Lee daniels who had been on a tier. That reign of terror ended to night as Tedd Strongham took everything the now former champ had to offer and came back strong and eventually the fight came to a decision and a new champ was crowned

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1377170606immortals3.jpg

FN 60 Dixon Vs Ventura

Evening INY fans, I’m Richie, and this the sensational Taco, and this is the Immortals, Dixon vs Ventura.

205lb Division – Dixon vs Ventura

Richie “Two of the toughest dudes in the light heavyweight division collide here, with wrestling superstar Dixon 13-4 facing on of the most feared strikers in the Immortals, the former 185lb world champ Anthony Ventura 14-3.”

Taco “Dixon is coming off a great win over Sutherland, and I know the Ramirez camp were real stoked by that win. Ventura lost a razor thin decision to Daniels in his last fight, and Ventura is notorious for his ground defense, having beaten great grapplers like Melton Snr, Alldren and myself, so this one will be interesting.”

Richie “True, but Ventura has to keep this standing, he is a striker at heart, and he can’t win this fight if Dixon keeps him on his back. Dixon’s wrestling is world class, he doesn’t have trouble taking down the best strikers, with only the champ Ted Strongham having been able to keep it standing when they were in the SPNY.”

Taco “Yeh, but the Gonzaitev camp know how to win fights, and a win here would raise their spirits after the Janne Camp have owned them in recent months. I’m a Ventura fan, he will win by decision.”

Richie “Dixon will get the takedowns and pound out a decision and move on to an eliminator with Camacho on the big card September 28.”

185lb World Title Eliminator – Meyers vs Sykloni

Richie “The fight for the right to challenge Tyler for his 185lb world title on the 28th September, with former world champion Meyers 11-7 looking to submit the super talented and well rounded Sykloni 17-7.”

Taco “Yeh Meyers is 1-3 in recent fights and needs a win here to get back into contention but I think its all about Sykloni, he is coming here off the back of two big wins over Blaze and Brown, and a win over a BJJ black belt would be perfect preparation for a tilt at Tylers world crown on the Supercard September 28.”

Richie “We know Meyers will shoot for takedowns, but Sykloni has never been submitted in 24 fights, sure, his chin is suspect with 7 KO losses, but Meyers isn’t a striker, so I’m going with Sykloni and him getting the win and the spot on the supercard.”

205lb Division – Speed vs Jutila

Richie “Nathan Speed 16-7 is 4-4 in the INY and has fought some serious opposition including Camacho, Lyons, Ventura, Winnfield and Hayes, with the only KO loss of his career coming in his last fight against Camacho. A world class striker, he has a big heart, the Winnfield fight being testimony to this, and he is a former Eternal Rivals heavyweight champion. You know, Taco, I like Speed in this one, Jutila is 15-8 but has been stopped 4 times and a striker of the calibre of Speed will cause Jutila problems.”

Taco “I don’t think Jutila will stand and trade with Speed for too long, he’s gonna shoot and look for submissions. He also has a good clinch game, so look for him to mix up his attack between looking for the takedown and using the clinch. The key for me is when Speed fought Lyons, and I think Jutila is in for a long night here, Speed is tough, can shut guys down on the ground and has decent power. Speed starts the favourite, but it’s a really competitive fight and Jutila may surprise me yet.”

Taco’s picks for the undercard:

265lb Phoenix vs Stenkov

Taco says “World class striker Phoenix 8-1 on a 8 fight win streak may too prove strong for the inconsistent Stenkov, but if Stenkov brings his A game he will give Phoenix a war. Could be fight of the night!”

205lb Ballardo vs Oliva

Taco says: “Ballardo is a prodigious talent. His striking is class, but he has 6 KO losses and is facing a pure KO artist, who is just as fallable. Oliva has had problems in the lead up to this fight, reports are that his girlfriend left him for Bobby Lee Daniels and the dude is just plain depressed. One of these guys is getting brutally knocked out, and I think its Oliva!”

170lb Andrade vs Black

Taco says: “Andrade 8-3 is a talented ground fighter and under new management, finally, and should prove too strong for the rounded journeyman Black 18-12. But Black has some sub wins to his name to Andrade best not get careless against the more experienced fighter..”

205lb Alldren vs Ji

Taco says: “Awesome fight with wrestler Alldren facing BJJ sub bomber Ji. Alldren 10-4 should have the edge but Ji has a shit or bust approach, so expect an all action ground war, while it lasts!”

155lb Manlucas vs Ziemski

Taco says: “Manlucas has been to decision only once in 21 fights! 10-11 5 wins by KO and 9 KO losses, what a warrior! Ziemski 11-9 is a BJJ Black Belt and I’m going with this guy to get the takedown and finish this fight soon after.”

145lb Makamori vs Kersikov

Taco says “Holy shit, where did these two come from, both these guys are fabulous fighters, and Mac Jackson better be watching this one! Makamori likes to go for subs and Kersikov the ground and pound. These guys are so evenly matched, they have a full skill set and I’m expecting one of the most technical, high level MMA fights we have ever seen in the INY. Definitely a fight for the purists. Class fighters, class management teams, don’t miss these two because the winner is gonna scare the shit out of the rest of the division and defo get Mac’s attention.”

Supercard September 28 Empire Indoor Arena

Taco “INY fans its the biggest night in the history of the Immortals, and I’m delighted to announce I have signed to fight Kari Jurri, who looks an awesome fighter. Its looks a really tough fight for me, but hell this is the Immortals baby its where the big boys fight. Also on this card, Lee Daniels is rematching Strongham, and Hagler is fighting Brandao in a war of the strikers. I’m told Camacho will be on this card in a 205lb eliminator against either Dixon or Ventura, and the great Tyler Richards will defend against the winner of the Sykloni vs Wauler fight.

Other great fights are expected on this card, with Hero Hall of Famer Tobias Larsson having agreed to a one fight superfight, and there is talk of the great Rinky Spider appearing on the card.

So stay tuned Immortals fans as the INY works its way up towards INY 100 at Madison Garden Arena in November.

Ladies and gentlemen, it’s the Immortals, and good night!”

• Upvote 2

missed one, sorry Mr Assasi

265+lb Dietrich vs Purcell

Taco says: “Dietrich 6-4 is a terrific striker who has handled himself well against the mid ranked guys in the division, without quite getting that breakthrough victory. The guys looks to have the talent though, and should be knocking on the door of the top 5 if he can put together a couple of wins. Purcell is 3-4 and will shoot for the takedown and try and pound Dietrich out. I wouldn’t be surprised if Purcell is dangerous early, maybe gets the takedown and edges the first round, but for me, its Dietrich, his striking will be the telling the factor and I think he will stop Purcell, maybe in the 2nd.”

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1377362943immortals4.jpg

INY 91 Vieri vs Talley

Richie”Evening MMA fans this is the Immortals. Welcome to another show, this weekend sees one of the most stacked cards in Immortals history, with two world titles on the line and a whole host of world class talent on show.”

Taco”Yeh, an incredible night, Talley looks a serious test for Vieri and its gonna be interesting to see if the God of War Kalashnikov can reclaim his world title against the ominous force that is the champ Ken Oath.”

170lb World Title – Vieri vs Talley

Richie “10-0 K1 superstar KJ Talley is next up to challenge Hall of Famer Erkki Vieri, and he is coming here off the back of a tremendous victory over Ziggy Cliff from the world’s best fight camp. Talley hails from elite stock himself, with the Mugler camp considered among the very best on the planet, and this striker has a Gracie BJJ Black Belt for ground defense.”

Taco “Yeh, its interesting because his wrestling is nothing special, he struggled against Bennett for two rounds, but he works aggressively off his back, looks for the submission, so Vieri will have to be wary of the danger Talley’s BJJ poses.”

Richie “I agree the Bennett fight is the key to this fight, because Vieri can do everything Bennett can do but a whole lot better, and Vieri will stick Talley on his back for sure, unlike Cliff who is a pure striker. Vieri hasn’t faced a Black Belt before, but he hasn’t been threatened by brown belts with superior wrestling, so I think Vieri will grind out the win here, control Talley on the ground, while showing respect for Talleys offense off his back.”

Taco “Erkki Vieri is a living legend, 17-1 with 13Kos, I think he will stop Talley in the championship rounds. However, Talley is undefeated, and very dangerous, his striking is amazing, and if he can get his shots off then maybe he can spring a surprise. We are all just so used to the champ kicking ass that its hard to bet against the great man.”

265lb World Title – Oath vs Kalashnikov

Richie “Ken Oath came to the INY from the MLC where he had built a reputation as a phenomenal young talent who could mix it with highly skilled veterans. Now in his prime, he has stopped Ferreira, Zetsu and Roy in convincing fashion, and this well rounded beast is 16-5 with 16Kos and boasts arguably the most brutal ground and pound in MMA.”

Taco “Oath looks a tough match up for the God of War who is at his best in a striking match, not when he is dumped on his ass and working off his back. Kalashnikov is 15-6 15 Kos and has the best Muay Thai in the division, and has bounced back with two wins, with the Velasquez win particularly impressive. But, can he keep it standing against Oath? Let us hope so, the God War is a charismatic fighter, and the Janne camp are among the best, but Oath does look strong, doesn’t he. Hell, Kalashnikov will win by KO, head kick, its written in the stars!”

Richie “You mad, Oath, ground and pound!”

265lb Khan vs Roy

Richie “Khan is 10-1 with 10 Kos and has 3 first round wins in the INY to date against some serious opposition, like Zetsu. A heavy handed striker from the world famous Mattos camp in Rio, Khan could be looking at a crack at the world title on the 28th if he can put away the former champ Soham Roy.

Roy 13-4 shocked the INY 3 years ago when he dethroned then world champion Kallashnikov before going onto successfully defend his crown against former champion and Hall of Famer Derric Styles. A second short spell as champion a year ago when he again upset Kallashnikov, before he lost the title to Zetsu. Roy showed in the second Kallashnikov fight that his striking is to be taken seriously, but it has always been his wrestling that has set him apart.

Against a striker of Khan’s calibre and power, Roy will need to get this fight to the ground quickly and wear down his opponent.”

Taco “Agree with you here Richie, Roy has been inconsistent recently and needs a good win to keep himself in the title picture, and he needs to find the form from the Kallashnikov and Styles fights. Khan looks a great fighter though, he handled another world class wrestler in Caesar with no problems, so he starts the favourite for me here. Having said that, Roy has shocked the world before and you cannot count him out here.”

265+lb Burton vs Fontes

Richie “Two of the heavy hitters from the supers here, with Burton looking to break a 3 fight losing streak, he is 0-3 in the INY. A boxer with good power from the Ramirez camp, he is fighting for his future against former champion Anderson Fontes.”

Taco “Fontes has a brutal clinch attack, he showed in his win over Komodo, a guy who is no slouch in the clinch himself, just how strong he is. Burton has to fight at range here, break the clinch or control and get his work done on the outside. Gonna be a tough fight, Burton will bring a war and Fontes will go toe to toe. Should be a classic.”

265lb Clasie vs Zetsu

Richie “Zetsu stormed into the Immortals beating Ferreira and then flattening Roy for the world crown, but a beating by Oath and then a quick brutal KO loss to Khan, have stunned the Blunts camp. Zetsu is a striker he is 12-6 with 11Kos and a win over Clasie another striker would get is career back on track.”

Taco “Clasie is a 25 fight veteran, good hands, a solid clinch game, and good power. I’m looking at his 8 losses by KO here though as the guide to who comes out on top here. Clasie is the more experienced fighter, with Zetsu hits hard and I think Clasie will have to be able to handle Zetsu’s power here or he will get caught at some stage of the fight and it will be fight over. Just based on those KO losses I think Zetsu will come through this one with the W.

185lb Roaig vs Tyson

Richie “Massive clash of the strikers here with Roaig 10-7 9Kos facing the Meldrick Tyson 13-3-1 who is coming off a big win over Danny Brown. Roaig has faced the best guys in the world at this weight and has wins over Brown, McMurphy, Fybra, and in his last fight he put away former 170lb champ Don Stewart. Roaig has the power to cause Tyson some problems, who has been stopped 3 times, but Tyson showed in the Brown win, his striking is world class and he could just as easily put Roaig away.”

Taco “Roaig has mixed in and won in better company than Tyson, so I give him an edge in what should be a close fight. The Brown win was a surprise, as Tyson could only get a draw with Okam, a fight that some pundits felt Okam deserved the win. Tyson has a loss by KO to Paul Orndorf, a journeyman at best, so I think Roaig will hit too hard for Tyson and get the win he needs if he is going to get in the cage again with Tyler one day.”

155lb Blaze vs Van Kirkland

Richie “Blaze makes his debut at 155 here, after cutting 30lbs, so it will be interesting to see if it was the best move when he faces former World champ and Hall of Famer, VK, who is having his 2nd comeback fight under the tutelage of German supremo Roger Kint. “

Taco “Blaze is 16-9 and mixed in elite company in Tokyo before coming to New York, but found the 185’s tough, so a Muay Thai clash with VK is a big debut test for the Papito managed fighter. Blaze is bringing the KO power here, as VK has made his career out of buzz saw like kicks as he relies on his great chin and phenomenal work rate. Two well managed fighters, but the Kint camp have been inspired of late, so I’m backing VK to win by close decision.”

Taco’s picks:

205lb Smith vs Jacobs “Smith is experienced, but Jacobs is young talented and comes from a great camp, and I think he will stop the journeyman inside 2 rounds.”

145lb Urskilz vs Washington “Two super talented guys, Urskilz is returning after a shock sub loss to Ankutse, and Washington has only been beaten by the very best in the world. Washington may have the edge, but its so close.”

145lb Brown vs Montes “Brown looks in serious trouble here against the talented Montes who is a 3 fight win streak. Montes looks capable of winning against the big boys but he hasn’t get the breakthrough win yet.”

Richie “This is the Immortals, good night.”

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1377884769immortals3.jpg

Taco Talks INY 92 Chikatilo vs Peitexeira

Evening ladies and gentlemen, I’m Taco, generally considered the greatest MMA celebrity porn star, and all round MMA expert. Tonight its just me, the sensational one taking a look through this weekends card.

265+ World Title Chikatilo vs Peitexeira

Well it seems the champ is very worried about this fight because he went quiet when offered a superfight with either Spider or Larsson on September 28. Surprising when you consider a KO artist and all round talent like Chika is facing a fat 31 year old with 8 KO losses. Fuck me, this dude is nicknamed the ‘Fridge’, he makes Bruno Falcone’s heavy weights look slim line. Sure he can punch, but he already has a 39 second KO loss to Chika and has beaten a fine selection of rusty pieces of tin on his way to this title shot. Man, Chika is on a roll, he has smashed his way through the divisions elite fighters, got heavy hands like you wouldn’t believe and he can land a takedown too. He’s gonna demolish Peitexeira, a real quick, so why ain’t this kid wanting the Spider fight?

145lb Ankutse vs Magaba

Rematch of a year ago when these two submission fighters rolled and Magaba came out on top. For me, I got Magaba coming out on top, first round again.

155lb Alotadik vs Polunu

Alotadik is a banger, plain and simple, comes to take your head off, Houston Alexander style. Polunu has some nice skills, and is coming off a great win over Wauler. Alotadik has 9Kos in his 10 wins so Polunu wont want to stand with this guy so I believe its down to whether Alotadik can stuff the takedowns and land the home run. Should be fun while it lasts, either way.

265+ Dobson vs Bradley

Real quality here with power hitter Dobson 11-4 10Kos hoping his heavy hands will be too hot for the well rounded Bradley to handle. Bradley 12-6 has the full repertoire but a suspect chin at the highest level. He looked good in his last fight against Brown, then got caught, and his defence will be tested once again in this one. Dobson looks strong, his chin has only failed him against the heaviest hitters in the division, and I don’t see Bradley testing it. Bradley must get the takedown or he looks fucked.

170lb Hong vs Cliff

Now this IS a fight, two elite camps, and two fighters who will have their sights set on the world title. Hong has won his last two, is 8-2 and likes to fight at range using his world class Muay Thai. He overcame Haley last time proving he learnt from the Santa Cruz defeat and he has a real opportunity here against another proven striker. Cliff 11-4 is very experienced, a striker who likes to throw his hands, and he has the confidence to throw combos too. Cliff is going to stand and trade here, Hong is unlikely to pose a ground threat, so we can expect a war.

155lb Quintana vs Saunders

For all Quintana’s grappling skills its his striking that impresses me, just look at how he dispatched Wellman Junior and Pintor. Saunders 13-10 wont mind striking with Quintana so this should be a cracker, but maybe Quintana will instead decide to take this to the ground? Saunders has improved his ground game greatly, and we gotta remember this is a step up in class for Quintana. I think this could be a fight of the night candidate, Saunders is a warrior, Quintana the ambitious protégé, don’t miss this one!

185lb Gab vs Stewart

Gab is a skilled dude but he is 7-5 for a reason, and that’s his china chin. Hell, he gave me 16 seconds or hell in our fight before his chin gave way! He is on a 3 fight win streak albeit against mediocre opposition, and a fight against the former champion should be a big ask. But Stewart looks in trouble here, he wasn’t a happy guy in his press conferences to date, and stunk worse than Bobby Lee Daniels’ girlfriend. Stewart has mixed in world class for most of his career, and is a proven warrior, and he should put Gab away. But will all Stewart’s managerial problems be his undoing?

185lb Okam vs Hermanni

I hope Hermanni smashes that worthless chump Okam! Okam cant operate at world level because he cant take a shot, and Hermanni has faced some stiff opposition and come up short to date. Should be a close striking match, but Hermanni’s loss to Roofer is a worry. The saving grace is Okam, he looks over trained and his manager has gone awol, so for Hermanni it is his fight to lose.

170lb Hammer vs Jackson

Jackson looks to have mixed in some serious company over at MMM and is looking to build a career in the Immortals. Hammer is 7-9 and is struggling to be honest, he gets out struck and when tries to use his ground and pound, his BJJ fails him and he gets submitted. Jackson is 9-5 and has 4 Kos but I think he can win this one and got to 2-0 in the INY.

185lb Slash vs Todd

Yeh, well stay in the bar for the his one and the Hammer fight. Anyway, someone’s losing streak will end here, Slash 7-7 has some good skills now, and should turn a corner here. Todd is 6-12, and he wont last long here, Slash will take down his foe and finish him by sub. I wont be watching!

Good night fight fans!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/34/34w24.jpg

Bison Bradley

*13 - 6*

''Irving Brown was that damn scared to face me again, he sent his stable mate after me instead to do his dirty work. Hope you watched the fight, Brown. He was tapping like a little girl once I was done with him, and I didn't even touch a limb! That would have been you Brown. Knocking me down, that's nothing. I get right back up. I proved that against your little stablemate. I come back, I still win. But illegally crushing my groin and resorting to following it up with a cheapshot to knock me out? I'm looking at you Brown. I'm coming for you. One way or the other. Might be a few weeks down the line, might be a few months. But I'm coming for you, and when I get there ... you're gonna be tapping too.''

• Upvote 1

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo162/antontoni/DekkersTribute_zps181e938c.png

Nichi Hong

We had a chance to talk to Nichi Hong right after his fight against Ziggy Cliff in

INY 92 Chikatilo vs Peitexeira.

*A very excited Nichi Hong exits the cage*

Reporter: Congrats on your win against arguably the best striker in the division. What can you say about your performance in the fight?

Nichi Hong: To tell you the truth I'm actually disappointed in the result. I was hoping to score a knock out in the fight but Ziggy Cliff was very elusive. Props to him on giving everybody a great fight.

Reporter: This fight could put you in title contention. If you were to choose between Talley and Versikov who would you like to face?

Nichi Hong: I'd face whoever wins that match. I just want that belt around my waist and I would face anybody that will stand in the way.

Reporter: This match was considered a clash between two elite camps with your camp going against the Carter camp. What can you say about that?

Nichi Hong: Well, I really don't consider my camp in the elite level yet. We are still far from the status that Ziggy's camp has. We still have some young guys who are making their way up so we're not there yet. Hopefully we'll get there someday.

Reporter: Before we go do you have anything to say to your fans or to your future opponents?

Nichi Hong: To my fellow Filipinos out there, Maraming salamat sa suporta ninyo... Kung sa susunod na laban ko lalaban ako sa championship itataya ko dugo at pawis ko para makuha natin yong belt and to my future opponents lets just have a war in the cage I know all the fans watching us expect us to finish each other. So, lets just try and bash each other's brains out.

Reporter: Thank you for this opportunity. Good Luck in your next fight!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1378233813Gods.jpg

Immortals Casino Preview

FN 61 Hayes vs Valentine

-166 Hayes vs Valentine +124

Striker Hayes 17-8 expected to be able to come through some early rough stages of the fight against ground killer Valentine. Valentine has a draw with Dixon, is 14-5-1 and is capable of shocking the infamous Tosen camp.

-257 Muakbar vs Xiii +185

Muakbar 20-11 loves a ground war and can get one here if he chooses, against another Tom Violence fighter Xiii 15-6. Both carry concussive power, Xiii will want a ground war, maybe Muakbar is the more versatile and will use his striking? Xiii has battered Lyons so is capable of springing the upset.

-115 Youngblood vs Seia -115

Clash of two world class light heavies, strikers with KO power in abundance, Youngblood looking to continue his resurgence under Gonzaitev’s management, and Seia looking to bounce back after a title eliminator defeat to Dixon and then a change of management. A real pick em.

+127 Jackson vs Sagdiyev -170

BJJ Black Belt Jackson’s last fight in the INY, he is 12-8-1 and deadly on the ground, but the Casino favours Sagdiyev to bounce back from two defeats and land the counter KO. Sagdiyev is 13-8 10 Kos and has the dig to finish Jackson assuming his camp get his game plan right, this time.

-135 Morgan vs Bo +102

Experienced heavyweights, both looking to break 2 fight losing streaks,and both have serious KO power. Casino backing Morgan over the inconsistent and sometimes fragile Bo, but Bo does have a shock decision win over Kalashnikov, so with Bo you just never know what to expect.

-115 Grygiel vs Souto -115

Clash of journeymen welters, both ground fighters, Grygiel with ground and pound and Souto a BJJ submission fighter. If Souto cuts training and comes in 100% Grygiel is going to have to be really careful, but with records of 14-14 Grygiel and Souto 19-10-1 its anybody’s fight to win.

-194 Flair vs Nak +143

Striker Flair expected to keep this standing against struggling BJJ fighter Nak who has 9KO defeats in his record of 12-12. Flair 12-7 9Kos has the power to put Nak away, but is his wrestling enough to keep the fight standing?

+170 Crash vs Noir -233

Eagerly anticipated rematch of a controversial draw that many thought Crash had shaved. Noir carries a big reputation and his expected to strike more this time against the durable Crash 9-6-1. Noir 8-4-1 expected to get it right this time, but Crash always comes to fight, and no one has an easy night against the Boyka fighter.

-163 Seagal vs Chambers +122

Seagal 11-9 11 subs favoured to get the takedown and use his BJJ brown belt to over power Chambers 5-6 who carries a blue belt. Can Chambers stuff the takedowns and put away the ground fighter, it’s possible he has 7 KO losses and Chambers’ wrestling looks more than capable. Smart money on Chambers?

+163 Watanabe vs White -222

Watanabe 12-14 with 11 Kos has lost his last 5 and the Casino backs White’s striking to get the win. White could be in trouble if he gets taken down, but he has won 3 of his last 4 and should get the job done here.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company_banners/1335521283godnnedimm.jpg

INY 93 Brown Wars

Evening Immortals fans I’m Richie Ciapelli and this Taco Bueno, and this is INY 93.

With only week to go before the Supercard, tonight is an opportunity for the new breed and veterans to take centre stage.

265+lb Irving Brown vs Paul Brown

Taco “This is by far the toughest test of Paul Browns career, and to date he is 1-1 in the INY having been bombed out early in his debut by Peitexeira and then beating Hunt by KO 3 months ago. I know he has great hands and a really offensive BJJ Brown belt, but in Irving he is fighting arguably the best guy in the division.”

Richie “Yep, gotta agree with you, Irving has bounced back with wins over of Burton and Bradley, and has mixed with the big boys of the division for the larger part of his career. Irving is 13-3 and I really think he will trade with Paul from the start, land those low kicks, keep the fight at range and then put him away. “

Taco “I’m going with a 1st round KO win for Irving, and I’m sure the Ramirez camp will be watching.”

205lb Harunodo vs Winnfield

Richie “Harunodo is on a 3 fight win streak and is rapidly emerging as one of the most feared power hitters in the INY, and wins over Smith, Malone and Sagdiyev have set up this huge clash with former champion Jules Winnfield.”

Taco “Yeh Harunodo is 14-9 with 13 Kos and cant handle ground guys but Jules is a striker himself, and a guy who hits like a freight train. Jules has fought consistently at the top of the division, and more importantly got wins.”

Richie “For sure, wins over Speed, Wunderkind, Hayes and Youngblood twice, you got to feel he will be able to handle Harunodo on paper.”

Taco “On paper its Winnfield but its a striking match and Harunodo is a beast and Winnfield is the perfect opponent for a striker. Don’t miss this one.”

265+lb Komodo vs Abdullah

Richie “Komodo came to the INY with a big reputation but back to back losses over Peitexeira and Fontes have led to the striker changing his management and taking a new approach. Komodo has power and a granite chin, great kicks and a strong clinch game, and he will believe he is a class above Abdullah.”

Taco “Abdullah is likely to clinch with Komodo, and I can’t wait to see how that works out because Komodo has great elbows and Abdullah has built his whole career around a devastating clinch attach. Komodo should fight at range, but will he? If he goes into the clinch with Abdullah and gets cut up he could be in trouble, but by the same token Komodo could be too strong with those elbows.”

Richie “Yes, an interesting fight, all down to the tactics Komodo employs.”

185lb Arthanier vs Brown

Taco “Arthanier is 8-1 and is now mixing it up with the best in the division, and even though he dropped a decision to Brandao last time out, the youngster went the distance, and you gotta feel he still has a huge future in the INY. In Brown 14-7 he is facing a really experienced, hard hitting boxer who is slowly getting back to his best after 3 losses in his last 4 fights.”

Richie “I think its still a tough fight for Arthanier, Brown beat Portier last time, and apart from a shock loss to Tyson he has only lost to the very best, and recent losses to Richards and Sykloni are nothing to be ashamed of. With Brown having wins over Fybra, yourself, Clinton and Bennett, Arthanier is once again taking a serious test. I’m expecting a great striking match, but I think Brown will shade a decision.”

155lb Wauler vs Young

Richie “We got two guys here who are looking to break losing streaks, and a great contrast in styles, with Wauler the granite chinned boxer taking on one of the best wrestlers of his generation in Jimmy Young.”

Taco “It’s all about Young in my book and whether he can dictate where the fight takes place, because for sure, he has to take Glenn down and control him on the ground. Whether he can do this over 3 rounds, I am not so sure, so I think Wauler’s striking will be the difference, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Glenn gets the stoppage.”

205lb Lyons vs Malone

Richie “Your good friend here Rory Lyons 13-7 who has a great ground game, taking on Malone 12-7 who has shown a rounded game, and carries serious KO power with his striking.”

Taco “Malone hits hard but how he approaches Rory will be interesting. I’ve spoken to Rory and he is ready for anything Malone brings, but I think Malone will look for a clinch war and try mess Rory up.”

Richie “Yeh, Rory is known to cut up real quick, but I think he can gets a points win here or maybe via submission, but Malone is dangerous and your right, you always worry about cuts with Rory.”

170lb Holmes vs Milas

Richie “Holmes is a warrior, good striker, in fact he does everything on his feet pretty good but has never got a big win that has got him noticed. Milas 13-8 has lost his last 4 but against some seriously stiff opposition, and I think he will be too sharp for Holmes, and win by decision.”

Taco “Agree, Holmes doesn’t deliver when he is facing top opposition and Milas, though he has lost 8 times, has had those big fights and will be too much for Holmes.”

265lb Helmer vs Satinho

Richie “Its not often you see a clash of BJJ black belts in the INY, and these are aggressive submission fighters, as all of Helmers 12 wins are by sub and Satinho has 7 sub wins in his 11-4 record.”

Taco “Satinho has 4 losses but he has operated at a high level, and because of that he wont be intimidated by Helmer who has 16 losses. Will Satinho want to test his BJJ against Helmer? If so, this fight could go either way. To be honest, this fight is going to the ground, and though Helmer looks the journeyman, it’s a fight he can win. Satinho is making his debut, has fought some real beasts in his career, but this is a tough debut because his strengths seem to entirely match his opponents. Helmer could extend his winning streak to 3, but if Satinho submits Helmer then that will tell us a lot about just how good the newcomers ground game is.”

205lb Berrao vs Renninger

Richie “This looks a great match up, two guys looking to break losing streaks, a clash in styles with BJJ guy versus striker, and both fighters notoriously susceptable to the others strengths.”

Taco “Yes, Berrao is 9-8 has 5 sub wins but struggles against strikers as 6 KO losses testifies, but Renninger 11-5 has two sub losses to Shamar Jackson which despite his awesome stand up has highlighted a frailty.”

Richie “Granted, but Berrao has those KO losses and Renninger is from a great camp, so I think Renninger will stop Berrao before he gets opportunity to embarrass him the way Shamar did.”

185lb Marrodona vs Portier

Richie “Marrodona fights out of the Drumens camp who had a TWGC victory recently so we can expect takedowns and submission attempts. But he is 10-12 and though he has won his last 2 fights, they were against journeymen, and Portier is certainly no journeyman!”

Taco “Far from it, Portier lost to Brown last time out after stopping Okam in his debut and he looks a class above Marrodona. Portier has spent a large part of his career in the UPGV so at 8-5 we don’t know how good he is, and losing by decision to Brown is no disgrace. Assuming he has decent takedown defence, it’s Portier for me.”

Richie “Thanks Taco, there you have it MMA fight fans, tonight it’s INY 93 Brown Wars, and this is the IMMORTALS , good night!”

• Upvote 4

From Tedd strongham's twitter

"It's finally time, this weekend I'm going to shut bobby lee up once and for all. You lose this time and you're done!! No more free piggy rides. Take your place in the back of the line and WORK your way back up. You can use your binoculars if you want to have a peak at my belt!"

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1378670524Gods.jpg

INY 94 The Supercard

Empire Indoor Arena

New York City

Evening Fight Fans, I’m Richie Ciapelli of MMA USofA and this is the IMMORTALS, The Supercard!

No Taco Bueno tonight, he is preparing to get his ass kicked on the undercard of the most stacked card in Immortals history. So as Mills Lane would say fight fans, “Let’s get it on!”

Ok INY fans I’m opening proceedings with the undercard:

185 lb Jurri vs Bueno

Out of the frying pan and into the fire goes our friend Taco Bueno, as the sensational one meets yet another fearsome opponent. His manager Steel really does throw his boys under some buses, and the BJJ black belt looks very much up against it.

Kari Jurri is 10-1 and hails from one of the strongest camps in Tycoon. A world class Muay Thai practioner he is the kind of high calibre striker that has given Bueno problems in the past, and he is likely to utilise his ability to fight at range to frustrate the powerful Bueno who will need to close the gap. Bueno will need to make this a dog fight, aside of his demolition at the hands of the champ, he has been durable.

The big question is can Bueno close the gap, Jurri is a decorated striker, well schooled, and probably sees Bueno as a stepping stone as he marches towards a shot at Richards’ world title.

Jurri’s striking will be key, he is K1 level and Bueno looks outclassed, and a wide unanimous points victory for the Marky Mark managed fighter is the most likely outcome.

185lb Hagler vs Brandao

A classic match up of strikers, who have struggled with ground fighters in the past but this one will definitely stay standing. Hagler is 14-5-1 with 9 Kos has a decent chin and power and always comes to fight. Not considered a serious contender for the 185lb title as he has only stepped into top class on three previous occasions and each time he lost bravely by stoppage. Can he take that step up in class on this occasion and get that elusive big win?

Brandao 11-6 7Kos is a terrific talent, and broke the win streak of Arthanier last time and holds impressive wins over Newmark and Knight. Brandao went 4 rounds with the champ Tyler Richards, when its well known he is susceptible to ground fighters, but against strikers you have to back Brandao against just about anybody.

I expect Hagler to be brave as always, but Brandao is a stud and I expect him to be too strong and force a referees stoppage inside 2 brutal rounds.

185lb Roaig vs Sykloni

Roaig is a fans favourite with a record of 11-7-1 10Kos testifies to his KO power and 6 KO losses tells you he stays in the pocket with his kill or be killed striking style. An impressive KO win over Tyson last time out, Roaig’s record is a who’s who of top class 185lb talent. Roaig is having his 11th fight in the Immortals where he is 5-4-1 but he has faced Blaze, Hagler, Troy, Fybra and Richards among others, and holds a win over McMurphy from his Troid days. Deadly with his hands and feet Sykloni who has 8 losses by KO in his 17-8 record, better keep his chin protected!

Sykloni is making his 5th INY appearance and is 2-2 in the INY against top quality opposition. A crushing defeat to Meyers last time out, exposed a weakness against the strongest grapplers, and delayed a title shot, but wins over Blaze and Brown showed the Immortals fans that Syloni is a class operator. Like Roaig he has elite K1 striking, and a similar tendency to stand in the pocket too long and get sparked. Sykloni has 8 KO losses, but when you consider this guy fought in IMMA against seasoned veterans when he himself was no where near his peak, has to command respect.

That said, I don’t think either of these guys have the best chins in the division, both have lost by KO to Hektor Troy, so the first of these monsters to land a bomb could well clean the other guy out. Don’t blink, this could be over in a flash.

155lb Blaze vs Speed

In his last fight, Blaze 17-9 13 Kos stepped down from 185 to earn decision over former world champion and Hall of Famer Vladdy Van Kirkland. Having beaten Roaig and Meyers at 185 this Muay Thai striker has the respect of the INY fans, and this fight against a talented grappler and BJJ Black Belt looks a serious test. Blaze lost to the vastly experienced Henderson last time, but prior to that he has beaten Xiii, Alotadik and Sandoval, genuine top class opposition.

Blaze has world class striking, VK will agree with this, and Speed lands 62% of his takedowns, so it is down to who dictates where the fight takes place, the K1 striker or the world class grappler. Blaze coped well against Meyers, another feared grappler, so maybe Blaze starts a slight favourite, Speed 13-3 brings more ground and pound to the cage, so it’s a close one for sure.

265lb Zetsu vs Burton

You got to say that the Ramirez camp love a challenge, as Burton is 1-3 in his last 4 fights but the heavy handed boxer is stepping down from 265+ to take on the former champ on this supercard. Burton is 10-5 and has 10 Kos but where as Burton has been stopped by the likes of Dobson and Irving Brown, Zetsu has wins over Clasie, Ferreira and Roy, and has been in with Oath and Khan. Zetsu is 13-6 12KOS and he looks a class apart here. Burton has a punchers chance and nothing more, Zetsu has had a great camp, has the more versatile arsenal and should overwhelm an overmatched Burton inside a round.

205lb Dixon vs Camacho

Camacho was all set to challenge Bobby Lee Daniels for the world title on this card, and then the champ drops a decision to Strongham, resulting in this final eliminator for the world title. Whoever wins this fight, will fight the winner of Lee Daniels versus Strongham. Camacho is 10-0 9Kos and fights out of the Mattos camp in Rio.

Many INY fans think Camacho is going to be the new mega star of MMA worldwide, and his list of high profile victims by KO in his last 3 fight should tell us Camacho is something special. Camacho has KO’d Youngblood, Speed and Winnfield to get this Supercard fight and this headhunting boxer will look to take Dixons’s head off before this fight goes to ground.

Dixon 14-4-2 is on a 7 fight unbeaten run, and has just 2 losses in his last 14 fights, and they are to the champ Strongham. Dixon wants that title fight bad, Ramirez would love an Immortals World Title, and to get 3rd time lucky against Strongham would be so sweet for the charismatic Swede. Dixon is here tonight thanks to an impressive submission win over Anthony Ventura, a fighter known for his ability to shut down the best grapplers, so has Dixon got the kryptonite to Camacho’s fists of dynamite? Dixon has to secure an early takedown, control the fight on the ground, keep busy and prevent the referees stand up. Camacho will have Mattos in his corner and I’m sure the message will be to be patient and at some stage he will drop the hammer on Dixon’s title aspirations. Expect fireworks, Camacho by KO or Dixon by submission, Camacho doesn’t know defeat and I don’t think he will taste it in this one.

170lb World Title Fight

Talley vs Kersikov

Talley is 11-0 and won the title with stunning submission win over hall of famer Erkki Vieri, and now walks straight into his first defence against number one contender and former undefeated Troid and DFC champion Vlad Kersikov.

Talley vs Kersikov is a classic match up of sniper accurate strikers, as neither are blessed with concussive power, Talley relies on his world class boxing and Kersikov a more rounded arsenal of strikes.

Both fighters are from camps equally, highly respected on the world stage, so who is going to come out on top? Well Talley edged Cliff in a close fight, and unlike Bennett and Vieri, Kersikov will not look for the takedown and thus get caught in a submission. Talley will have to win this one standing and Kersikov has made a career of beating top class opposition with only his striking. Kersikov has beaten Wayne and Cross, he is a class operator, and Talley only Cliff of any real note, and he dropped the final round in that one. Kersikov has been a champion before and I expect that after 5 close rounds, he will have his 3rd org World Title.

265+ Larsson vs Spider (Superfight)

Superfight for two of the greatest 170k plus ID fighters of all time. Larsson is 17-4 and is a 3 time HERO world champion and Hall of Famer. A wrestler with sound boxing skills he has been an active champion having contested 12 world title fights in which he is 9-3. Larsson will HAVE to take Spider to the ground here, Larsson is a veteran at 31, and knows what it takes to win big fights, but he also knows how dangerous his opponent is striking. Rinky Spider is 12-2 with 12 Kos, and is the former NGF 265lb World Champion and current NGF 265+ world champion and his world class striking combined with brutal KO power has made him one of the hottest prospects on the planet. Spider fights out of the Bowser camp, a genuine world class operation, he has beaten opponents much older than himself, unlike Larsson, and looks to have an incredible future. Larsson is in the twilight of his career, and I fully expect Spider to shut a curtain on the Hero Hall of Famers distinguished career inside a round here tonight.

265lb World Title Fight

Oath vs Khan

Ken Oath 17-5 with 17Kos is riding a 6 fight win streak that includes wins over Kalashnikov, Roy, Zetsu and Ferreira, and he will not look across the cage tonight and see anything he hasn’t already beaten. Oath is 27 and looks to be in his absolute prime, with next to no apparent weaknesses. Using a combination of punches and leg kicks he is successful in 33% of his takedowns, which in the company he keeps in the cage is phenomenal. Oath is a killer on the ground, as his demolition of Kalashnikov testifies and one has to wonder if Khan has anything different or more convincing than Oath has already faced in his fights against Zetsu and Kally.

Khan is 11-1 11 Kos and carries fight changing power in his hands, and is managed by the excellent Rio based Mattos camp. Only one of his 12 fights have gone to the 2nd round and that was where it finished. Khan has a real punchers chance here tonight and Oath does have 4 KO losses, so the big shock cannot be ruled out. However, Oath, from the former world Numero Uno fight camp Stu Pidasol, has the ability to take down the best. Has Khan the ability to stuff a takedown from the best? Unless Khan catches Oath shooting, which seems unlikely given how he sets up his shoots, I can only see Oath dumping Khan on his ass and blasting away until the referee pulls him off.

205lb World Title

Strongham vs Lee Daniels

A combined record of 40-7 32 Kos, holy cow, these two are absolute legends in the sport, and after a hotly disputed decision win by Strongham just 3 months ago, these two go again.

Strongham at 35 years of age knows that time is running out, and the former APG and SPNY world title holder will be desperate to secure his legacy by beating one of the greatest fighters of a generation in Lee Daniels, for a second time. Blessed with heavy hands and a strong chin, Strongham is expertly managed by the Hunter Jones camp. A striker, who head hunts he is more than ready to look for the takedown as he did in the first fight with Daniels. It’s likely he will do more of the same here, and keep Daniels guessing as to whether he will shoot or try and look for head shots. Beating Daniels once was impressive, but many felt Daniels had done enough to retain his title. A win would put Daniels back among the contenders and leave Strongham clear to secure greatness and pursue inclusion into the Hall of Fame, thought that’s easier said than done.

Lee Daniels was one fight from inclusion into the INY Hall of Fame, until Strongham ripped his title from him. Daniels 20-4 17Kos dropped Strongham early in their first fight but couldn’t finish him on the ground, so he knows he can hurt his opponent. The Janne Camp must know if this fight goes to decision it will be close on the scorecards, Strongham has a big heart and has already shown he can come back from the brink of disaster. Daniels also love to mix things up, and he took the fight to the ground in the first fight, when, in hindsight he maybe could have looked for the KO a little more in the early rounds. That said, like Hunter Jones, The Janne is experienced and his camp are well respected on the global scene, and I am sure Lee Daniels will come at Strongham harder than ever. It was so close last time, but I’m picking Lee Daniels to make the necessary adjustments and stop Strongham inside 2 rounds and regain his world title.

That’s it Immortals Fans, don’t miss this card, its the most stacked in INY history.

Richie

• Upvote 5