Immortals New York

Steel

Let me present to you, the official statement issued by my client Serj Wunderkind under the great Blunts Allday...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/43/43b4.jpg

Serj Wunderkind:

Mister Winnfield,

I am very disappointed in you good sir, I hired a team of private investigators post-fight, and in this short amount of time, we have pulled together the lamest excuses for why a paper champ got knocked out.....again. Maybe one day I'll be able to complete an entrire round with you.

Leroy Jenkins: "About what I expected to happen. Look over at the bed next to yours in the hospital and tell Zayed I said hi."

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/33/33b2.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=168512 Pelle Hermani: I am now back in Immortals... I am excited for the opportunity.. Last go I was 4-0 in the org and I loved it and the atmosphere... I fight to win and for my family... Good luck to ever welcomes me back...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27w31.jpg

*Santiago Calirante took to the podium for the post fight press conference following his Featherweight title win at INY 72 over long term champion Mac Jackson.*

REPORTER 1 - Now that the fight is over how do you feel about the upcoming superfight with Oompa Loompa?

CALIRANTE - You again? Are you Oompa's PR guy or what? Get this man out of here.

*Reporter 1 is ejected from the post fight press conference by the INY security team.*

REPORTER 2 - Congratulations on the title victory and a great performance over a tough champion in Mac Jackson, just how are you feeling after the victory?

CALIRANTE - Thanks, I'm really pleased with the performance, no doubt about it this is the highlight of my career so far, to win a title in Immortals is one thing but to do it over such a skilled competitor and a tough guy like Mac Jackson really is the icing on the cake. Most believed I didn't stand a chance but I was just so hungry for that gold I was prepared to do whatever it takes to get that belt and it feels great to be able to prove the doubters wrong.

REPORTER 3 - What are your thoughts on how the fight played out, was there anything that surprised you about Jackson and just how were you feeling in Round 2 where you were clearly rocked.

CALIRANTE - I trained hard for this fight and studied Jackson in depth leading up to it, not a lot surprised me about his gameplan, I knew from the start it was going to be a tough fight but I think many underestimated just how tough I am, I knew if I could survive into the deep waters I'd get my chance to finish and thankfully when the chance arrived I was able to get the job done. No doubt I was in big trouble in the 2nd round, he caught me with a good shot but I knew when I accepted this fight I was going to be taking some big shots, we're in the fight business after all and like I've said many a time, Jackson is one tough guy, my determination just saw me through.

REPORTER 2 - Where do you think Jackson goes from here and we understand you now have a superfight coming up against Oompa Loompa, what are your thoughts on that and your future moving forward?

CALIRANTE - It's not really my job to speculate on what Jackson will do, he lost the fight so he won't need me to tell him he has things he needs to work on, I'm sure his fight team will sit down with him and do that regardless. It's not the first time Jackson has lost but last time it happened he came back stronger than ever and reeled off a tremendous winning run, I see no reason why he can't do that again, he's a warrior and he'll be just fine.

When it comes to myself and Oompa Loompa I've really got no time for him, in fact I resent the whole idea of calling it a superfight, what's 'super' about fighting someone ranked a good few hundred places below you who's just trying to make his name off the back of the guys who helped to grow Immortals. Moving forward I'm much more excited about defending my title against whoever steps up and has earned their spot by you know, actually winning a fight in Immortals! Personally I hope to fight Jackson again, he held the belt for so long and helped to raise the bar of just what it takes to be a champion in this prestigious organisation. I know a rematch against Jackson would be far tougher than the first bout, I don't think he overlooked my for one second but overconfidence can sometimes play tricks on you and now he's going to have what I had, the hunger.

*Calirante poses for a few photos to conclude the post fight press conference*

• Upvote 2

Leroy Jenkins: "About what I expected to happen. Look over at the bed next to yours in the hospital and tell Zayed I said hi."

Serj Wunderkind:

Bitch please, you call a scratch (inflicted via purchased glitch *see previous post*) that took 4 days to heal hospital worthy...... I can only imagine what you did the day you took your first steps into womanhood... I would gladly show you what qualifies as hospital worthy, but I have no intentions of stepping up into the can factory you call 265+

Serj Wunderkind:

I was asked the other day about my post fight response, and if it was just fueled with emotion from the fight. "BJJ is for pussies! I run this city! Let the \"The Ravager\'s\" era begin".... Well I was wrong.... No, BJJ is for pussies, I feel I proved that when I let Lyons take the fight to the ground and played around with him for a large chunk of the fight. What I was wrong about is my era, that shit truly started at the first fight of my current 7 fight streak. I applaud Lyons for his effort, although failed, it was an effort. I'll be honest, I was almost disheartened walking into the octagon, I saw the men Lyons put down in the past, I have respect for that. I walked in knowing I had to prove my point, and unfortunately Lyons was the scape goat. But did you all honestly expect anything different? I'm the baddest son of a Bitch God has ever made. Hate me as you all may please, I'm not here to make friends. The only thing I'm worried about is who the fuck's next to get put down? Let me warn whoever it may be, the disclaimer has been made, if you show up, it's in your hands. I need to get back to smokin', but let me put this last statement out, most people would approach this podium and cry out "Immortals, Peel Steel, Thanks for having me in the org," I'm just here to say "You're Welcome"

Leroy Jenkins: "What happened to this guy? This was a guy I thought I'd like to bang with. Apparently Winnfield took your nuts with your title......."

Serj Wunderkind:

Bitch please, you call a scratch (inflicted via purchased glitch *see previous post*) that took 4 days to heal hospital worthy...... I can only imagine what you did the day you took your first steps into womanhood... I would gladly show you what qualifies as hospital worthy, but I have no intentions of stepping up into the can factory you call 265+

Let's not forget that since a week equals a month in game time, that "4 days to heal" translates to roughly 20 days in game time.

Nichi Hong went back to the Philippines after his win against fellow Filipino Lupe Pintor. While staying there he was a guest in "Sports Unlimited" a local tv show in the Philippines.

Reporter: after your recent fight against a fellow Filipino how do you feel about your win?

Nichi Hong: I had mixed feelings after the bout. I felt happy since I got another W in my record on the other hand I beat a fellow Filipino on my way to the top. Everybody knows there are few Filipinos in the MMA scene and I really hope Pintor doesn't quit after this. We need more Filipino fighters in MMA.

Reporter: That's really nice of you. After winning your fifth straight fight how do you feel about the division? where do you see yourself in it?

Nichi Hong: I think the division just got an influx of new blood and that would be exciting for everybody in the INY roster. Lets see if these guys can hang with the veterans in Immortals. I think I'm up there. Not to be cocky but I think I can hang with the elite of the division. I just don't think my name isn't really known at the moment but more wins will put my name out there.

Reporter: We know the 155 lbs. division is one of the most talented division in INY. Who do you think could be your toughest opponent?

Nichi Hong: Well we have some badass fighters in the division but I think there are two fighters that's really up there, Swag Fo Dayz and of course the current title holder Erkki Vieri. The champ has a tough chin and KO power while Swag has some crazy skills and KO power.

Reporter: Since you mentioned those two who do you think would win in their fight this coming May 1?

Nichi Hong: Man, your putting me in the spot here. That's a tough one but I'm leaning towards Vieri. It's a really close though... It could really go either way.

Reporter: Thanks Nichi. It was a pleasure talking to you. Good luck on your next fight! Mabuhay ka!

• Upvote 1

Nichi Hong went back to the Philippines after his win against fellow Filipino Lupe Pintor. While staying there he was a guest in "Sports Unlimited" a local tv show in the Philippines.

Reporter: after your recent fight against a fellow Filipino how do you feel about your win?

Nichi Hong: I had mixed feelings after the bout. I felt happy since I got another W in my record on the other hand I beat a fellow Filipino on my way to the top. Everybody knows there are few Filipinos in the MMA scene and I really hope Pintor doesn't quit after this. We need more Filipino fighters in MMA.

Reporter: That's really nice of you. After winning your fifth straight fight how do you feel about the division? where do you see yourself in it?

Nichi Hong: I think the division just got an influx of new blood and that would be exciting for everybody in the INY roster. Lets see if these guys can hang with the veterans in Immortals. I think I'm up there. Not to be cocky but I think I can hang with the elite of the division. I just don't think my name isn't really known at the moment but more wins will put my name out there.

Reporter: We know the 155 lbs. division is one of the most talented division in INY. Who do you think could be your toughest opponent?

Nichi Hong: Well we have some badass fighters in the division but I think there are two fighters that's really up there, Swag Fo Dayz and of course the current title holder Erkki Vieri. The champ has a tough chin and KO power while Swag has some crazy skills and KO power.

Reporter: Since you mentioned those two who do you think would win in their fight this coming May 1?

Nichi Hong: Man, your putting me in the spot here. That's a tough one but I'm leaning towards Vieri. It's a really close though... It could really go either way.

Reporter: Thanks Nichi. It was a pleasure talking to you. Good luck on your next fight! Mabuhay ka!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27w33.jpg

Edmundo Edilhson

"Mr Hong, unlike former gym partner Lupe Pintor, I would have no fear in facing you, as good as you are, if you want to make a fight at 170, then lets do it. I weight 159 so it makes sense. Ive fought some great fighters, you will be just another. I may never win a title, but I fear no man. Pintor used to have balls, he is fucking gelding now. So Mr Hong, let me know, I'm a fighter, your a fighter and maybe one day a great champion, but for now, lets do this man, I want the challenge and fuck ranking, so what do you say? You game?"

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27w33.jpg

Edmundo Edilhson

"Mr Hong, unlike former gym partner Lupe Pintor, I would have no fear in facing you, as good as you are, if you want to make a fight at 170, then lets do it. I weight 159 so it makes sense. Ive fought some great fighters, you will be just another. I may never win a title, but I fear no man. Pintor used to have balls, he is fucking gelding now. So Mr Hong, let me know, I'm a fighter, your a fighter and maybe one day a great champion, but for now, lets do this man, I want the challenge and fuck ranking, so what do you say? You game?"

As you all know Hong is in the Philippines right now... I messeged him and here's what he told me about Mr. Edilhson's challenge. "I have no problem on changing weight classes as soon as INY allows it I'm ready to go." So, I guess the fight is on.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company_banners/1335521243godnnedimm.jpg

FN 48 Vieri vs Swag

Richie Ciapelli of MMA USofA

“Ladies and gentlemen its that time again, FN 48 and its the 155lb world title on the line, featuring arguably the most dominant Immortals champion in recent years, the great Erkki Vieri, facing maybe his toughest test in the flamboyant Swag Fo Dayz.

I’m joined by outstanding middle weight contender Taco Bueno, who faces the Schmuk on this card, and he’s gonna help run through the fights on this stacked card.

Taco, great to have you with us, we have seen titles changing hands recently, and some real shocks as some top guys have been getting beat.”

Taco “Ah, yeh, titles have been changing hands, but I don’t think Winnfield was a shock, that dude can bang, and his fight with Daniels will be one to watch. Maybe Calirante banging out Jackson was a surprise, but Calirante is an undefeated fighter, and no one knew just how good he is. Him getting dropped by Mac and coming back to win was an awesome performance.”

Richie “You surprised by Okam getting beat by Hagler?”

Taco “Yeh, I was, Thor looked great against Turner, and Hagler has a similar style, so I thought he would beat Marvin, but Marv is a decent fighter, good power, good chin and he is been in some wars. He has Hermanni next, which should be a good fight, Wellman has a lot of faith in Hermanni so that one will be interesting.”

Richie “What did you make of the Hong vs Pintor fight, Hong blasted Lupe, and his camp later complained there guy never had a chance?”

Taco “It’s the Immortals man, you hold the Immortals title and you hold the gold. Lots of guys go to other orgs because they see a weaker roster and they can get the title, but it’s a title that means nothing to me man, well especially when you compare it to winning the Immortals world title. “

Richie “So whats your take on Paul Orndorf winning the Top 205lb title?”

Taco “I’m not knocking Paul, he has done it the hard way, took some bad losses here in the INY, but he has improved in the ToP organisation. Paul has a great chin and can bang, he deserves his moment. But already he has a vulture in James Toney, this guy wont come and fight guys his own level here in the Immortals, so Paul is gonna have to fight this dude. It’s like these guys are scared of this organisation. Anyways, good luck Paul, he went there for opposition of his own standard, but now he is just a target. James Toney, Randall McMurphy, get your asses over here, you ain’t champions, you are jokes. Paul Orndorf, good luck to you man, hope you can fend off these bully boys.”

Richie “Daniels looked good against Lyons in my opinion and Hektor Troy looked great, you think we are looking at future champions there Taco?”

Taco “Everyone knows Daniels is top draw, and I think Rory should be proud of himself, going 5 rounds with that killer is a real achievement. Troy banging out Roaig was a surprise but Hektor is a good striker though Tyler Richards will be a different proposition entirely.”

Richie “Ok, Taco lets run through FN 48, and we will start with the main event, Vieri 13-1 making the 3rd defence of the Lightweight title. Vieri has used his brutal ground and pound to make his reputation, but in beating Saunders last time out his stand up looked incredible. Will he choose to stand and bang with Swag or go to ground?”

Taco “Swag looks great, and he is full of confidence, and his striking is world class, so this is such a close fight. Vieri just finds a way to win, he is the complete fighter, though this time I think he will want to take Swag down. I cant wait for this one, its a truly top class world title fight. Either of these guys has the skills to be champion and I don’t know who is gonna win this.”

Richie “One fight the stand up fans have been looking forward to seeing for quite some time is the Speed vs Ventura clash. Speed bounced back from a surprising debut points loss to Wunderkind to stop two good fighters in Alldren and Cooper. Ventura has won two straight since relinquishing the 185 title, and knows a win over a Finn Fighter like Speed will put the 205 division on notice.”

Taco “Haven’t a clue who wins this one, but I think Ventura is champion material and will get the biggest and most important win of this career.”

Richie “You know Joe Saunders actually asked to fight the tough as nails Glenn Wauler, it just shows what a KO win over Corey Smith can do for a mans confidence.”

Taco “True, but Joe is evolving into a complete mixed martial artist as he showed against Corey, and Joe has always been game. But Glenn Wauler is a tough tough man, and I think Joe has to take this to the judges and make sure he does enough in the clinch, gets the take downs and works hard, and above all respect the power of Wauler. Look Vieri couldn’t hurt Wauler and they have shared the cage for an hour, so I don’t think Joe will.”

Richie “OK fair comment, but I’m with Wauler, if he wasn’t fighting in the same era as Vieri I think he would be a dominant champ.”

Taco “I’d love to see Joe do the business though, the dude is game and I respect that.”

Richie “The Schmuk has had some good wins of late, avenging a previous loss to Mike Mink and submitting former champion Randy Turner, surely he must be in line for title shot if he can beat you tomorrow night?”

Taco “Yeh, he would be set up well IF he beats me. He is a dangerous guy and I respect his offensive BJJ so I know I have to respect his ground skills, but I’m confident I can use my striking to win this fight.”

Richie “You wont go to ground then, you have a black belt in BJJ but only one submission win?”

Taco “I like to strike, Schmuk likes to grapple, I’m gonna knock him out if I can and don’t see why I should risk a grappling match with this guy.”

Richie “OK, well best of luck Taco, I think you will get the win inside 2 rounds, and then Richards next?”

Taco “Maybe, we will have to see, there are a lot of good fighters wanting a shot so I might have to wait in line, and Troy might have the title by then.”

Richie “Next up we have former Heavyweight champ Soham Roy continuing his comeback against Muay Thai wrecking machine Thai Bo. Big fight for Roy here as the champ wants the opportunity to avenge a shock loss to Roy, so he will be hoping Soham can produce the goods.”

Taco” Bo is a gladiator, he has been the distance only twice in 15 fights and stand and trades, but I think Soham is gonna dump him on his ass and try and control the fight on the ground. Gonna be interesting because Bo looks a real handful, and I’m not sure how good these guy take a shot so I reckon its a stoppage but Im not sure how. I think if can Soham can take a few early shots and get the takedown he can get the win and that title shot.”

Richie “OK Taco, let’s run through the undercard, what’s your take on Smaug vs Stenkov? I’m with Stenkov he has a great chin and these guys are bombers.”

Taco “Smaug has only lost to the best in Bennett and Kalashnikov and Stenkov is rebuilding his career after a poor start, although he does look good now, sooooo OK well, Smaug KO.”

Richie “Jackson vs Renninger, Jackson has that BJJ Black Belt but he looks in trouble against a talented striker like Renninger.”

Taco “Renninger lost by submission last fight so Jackson knows he has the tools to get the job done, but yeh, Renninger is a talented guy, and if he can survive the first round he should stop a tiring Jackson in the 2nd.”

Richie “The 145 match up with Young and Parasca looks a cracker, Young desperately needs a big win after dropping his last 3 but Parasca is full of confidence and looks a good prospect.”

Taco “Submission war here Richie, got to think Parasca has the edge, he has only lost to the best in the likes of Sheldon and Escobar.”

Richie “In the prelims we have the Beast facing the excellent prospect Quintana, who looks to have the ground skills to neutralise the BJJ offense of the Beast.”

Taco “Quintana is one of the young bucks, on a 4 fight win streak, and he will KO Beast standing, he is that good. Good fight though as Quintana is young and Beast comes to fight, so Quintana will have to bring his A game.”

Richie “Opening the night we have Frogslegs facing Kilgore, two journeymen 10 wins and 16 losses between them, who wins this?”

Taco “Errm Frogslegs for me, he can beat mediocre guys but drops decisions to the prospects, and Kilgore I hear is retiring after this fight, pro MMA just hasn’t worked out for the guy, but best of look for the future man.”

Richie “OK fight fans, thats FN 48, I’m Richie Ciapelli, this is Taco Bueno, and you have been watching MMA USofA, later guys, and thanks Taco, good luck man.”

Taco “Thanks Richie, pleasure as always.”

• Upvote 3

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/32/32b2.jpg

Aadilou

i'd like to address my recent absence. I am ok. i was not kidnapped by team mango, nor was i off the wagon or attempting suicide for the 7th time. I was away in the woods near seattle trying to find myself.

as a young man, i was diagnosed with depression. i take losses very seriously. i felt my life had no meaning until i discover jiu jitsu when i came to this country. when i win, i am on top of the world. when i lose, i feel horrible and want to hide from people.

i will say this, mookie beat me fair and square. he is the better grappler. i'm not going to try and make excuses like "it was a fluke thing" or "i got distracted because i needed to change my tampon and he submitted me out of nowhere" like some people would... some people who are about to be destroyed by my friend humberto.

Anthony Ventura: After beating Nathan Speed I want the winner of Winnifield and whoever he is facing, name escapes me right now, or Rory Lyons for my next fight, anyone else I don't consider a challenge at this point in my career.

When it comes to myself and Oompa Loompa I've really got no time for him, in fact I resent the whole idea of calling it a superfight, what's 'super' about fighting someone ranked a good few hundred places below you who's just trying to make his name off the back of the guys who helped to grow Immortals. Moving forward I'm much more excited about defending my title against whoever steps up and has earned their spot by you know, actually winning a fight in Immortals! Personally I hope to fight Jackson again, he held the belt for so long and helped to raise the bar of just what it takes to be a champion in this prestigious organisation. I know a rematch against Jackson would be far tougher than the first bout, I don't think he overlooked my for one second but overconfidence can sometimes play tricks on you and now he's going to have what I had, the hunger.

*Calirante poses for a few photos to conclude the post fight press conference*

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/1348615721oompa.jpg

Reporter: So Oompa what do you have to say about Santiago's claims about having no time for you.

Oompa: No time for me? It's understandable, with the strict regime of binging and purging he has. It takes dedication to make Calista Flockhart look like a BBW.

Reporter: Are you saying he has an eating disorder?

Oompa: Are you thick? That's exactly what I just said, 173cm and he looks like a stiff breeze will blow him over. You should see the dental reports - Teeth all eroded from munching on too much stomach lining.

Reporter: Have you got one of your world famous songs for us?

Oompa: I'm glad you asked.

A bunch of Oompa Loompa's come scurrying out onto the stage......

Oompa loompa dobadeedoo - What do you get, when you add one and two

Oompa loompa dobadeedee - If you are wise, your answer is three

Oompa loompa dobadeeda - Santiago, won't make it that far.

Reporter: Very impressive, you're a real showman Oompa. So fans can expect this one to be over before the 3rd?

Oompa: Yes, I'm going to break one of those twigs he passes off as an arm. Now I'm out of here some fat kid has gobbled down sweets.

The Oompa Loompa's all waltz off heading back to the chocolate factory.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/1348615721oompa.jpg

Reporter: So Oompa what do you have to say about Santiago's claims about having no time for you.

Oompa: No time for me? It's understandable, with the strict regime of binging and purging he has. It takes dedication to make Calista Flockhart look like a BBW.

Reporter: Are you saying he has an eating disorder?

Oompa: Are you thick? That's exactly what I just said, 173cm and he looks like a stiff breeze will blow him over. You should see the dental reports - Teeth all eroded from munching on too much stomach lining.

Reporter: Have you got one of your world famous songs for us?

Oompa: I'm glad you asked.

A bunch of Oompa Loompa's come scurrying out onto the stage......

Oompa loompa dobadeedoo - What do you get, when you add one and two

Oompa loompa dobadeedee - If you are wise, your answer is three

Oompa loompa dobadeeda - Santiago, won't make it that far.

Reporter: Very impressive, you're a real showman Oompa. So fans can expect this one to be over before the 3rd?

Oompa: Yes, I'm going to break one of those twigs he passes off as an arm. Now I'm out of here some fat kid has gobbled down sweets.

The Oompa Loompa's all waltz off heading back to the chocolate factory.

I am laughing so hard at this I can hardly see the screen... Great stuff!

Anthony Ventura: "name escapes me right now"

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/15/15w22.jpg

The Alabama Alpha Male: Yeah, that's what brain damage will do to you. Man,if you get knocked out by a BJJ-player, what you think gonna happen to you when you try that point fighting bullshit against a guy that has power in his hands?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/15/15w22.jpg

The Alabama Alpha Male: Yeah, that's what brain damage will do to you. Man,if you get knocked out by a BJJ-player, what you think gonna happen to you when you try that point fighting bullshit against a guy that has power in his hands?

Anthony Ventura: It is more of the fact that you haven't accomplished anything in Immortals, have you held a title here? No I don't think so, and on that loss your referring to, do not forget that said bjj player was getting his ass kicked for the first 3 rounds before he was able to get that take down into side control. If you manage to win your next fight, I would happily punt your head off into the next county.

Leroy Jenkins: "What happened to this guy? This was a guy I thought I'd like to bang with. Apparently Winnfield took your nuts with your title......."

Letter from the Wunderkind camp:

Dear Mr. Larry Jenkins... I mean Leroy Jennings.... err.... Larry Jennings.... Right, Larry,

We originally were going to hold a press conference, but figured a letter would suffice. We want to be quite frank, I fight with you would prove no real value in our future goals. That being said, we are not ill at heart here at this camp. If you really feel you need to get knocked out be a past and future champ, please read the following terms:

-100k wager on the line from both parties, due to the fact that we have little to gain, and all to lose.

-5 rounds, don't want any excuses on decision losses.

-your choice of weight class.

-your decision on training time (as approved by Steel)

If you accept, it will have to come after our next scheduled fight.

That is all.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company_banners/1335521243godnnedimm.jpg

INY 73 Kharmalov vs Monroe

Ladies and gentlemen I’m Richie Ciapelli of MMA USofA and I’m here to run through INY 73 Kharmalov vs Monroe.

170lb World Title

Kharmalov vs Monroe

Its the 5th defence of the World Welterweight title by dominant world champion Kharmalov 9-2-1 who faces the rugged Jon Monroe 11-4-1 for the 3rd time, in what is sure to be a brutal clash of granite chinned strikers. Kharmalov has evolved greatly since their last meeting, a unanimous points win over 3 rounds, having beaten Bennett twice, Stewart and edged Cruz via split decision. Monroe, a master of dirty boxing, is on a 3 fight win streak having stopped the highly regard Xu last time in the cage.

Over 5 championship rounds the question for me is not who will win, but whether Kharmalov can stop Monroe? Kharmalov should come through this regardless, and then he could meet the winner of the Cruz vs Machdoor clash, or even Nichi Hong should he defeat journeyman Edilhson. With K J Talley waiting for to make his debut in the INY, Kharmalov will not be short of work.

265+ Chikatilo vs Bradley

Chikatilo 12-4 11Kos is a bomber, and his kill or be killed approach has made him a fan favourite, having beaten Peitexeira and Le Sheet in convincing fashion. Bradley 10-3 has been in the INY since he turned pro and has relentlessly grinded his way up the rankings, and enters the cage on the back of a very impressive 3 winning streak having beaten fighters from the Heisman, Assasi and Johnny Lee Paris camps, with the later in particular finding the competition in the INY a bridge too far.

Both these fighters have finished guys with their striking and both have shown a willingness to shoot for takedowns, but here I feel Chika will look to keep this standing and Bradley seek the takedown. I’m with Bradley, his form of later has been awesome and he will continue his march towards title glory.

155lb Wellman Jnr vs Young

Five years after Young took a decision win over Wellman Jnr in the VFC, these two meet again. Wellman Jnr 13-11 is an Immortals Hall of Famer after his sensational submission win over Corey Smith, and he is the most active fighter in INY history. Win or lose, Shane Wellman Jnr is an Immortals legend. Young left the VFC when it closed and went on to become a two org world champion at 145lbs, before contract disputes led to time away from the sport. This elite grappler is back to his best and will look to control Jnr on the ground and grind out a points win. Wellman Jnr has great BJJ offense so this fight could be a tactical war, with camp strategy being critical. Could go either way.

Butcher vs Diaz

Muay Thai banger Butcher 9-7 faces BJJ submission machine Diaz 17-7. Butcher demolishes journeyman fighters but has struggled when facing against upper echelon fighters. Diaz has struggled in the INY and could be in trouble here, unless he can get an early takedown, Butcher will render Diaz unconscious.

Soman vs Chazinski

Soman is developing into a top contender utilizing his boxing and his excellent training camp, and has shown no problems putting away mid ranked fighters. Chazinski a boxer come wrestler is always dangerous but his chin is bone china and this has been his downfall too many times. Soman counters the shoot and catches the fragile Chaz inside 2 rounds.

Xu vs Holmes

Two fringe welterweight contenders square off in a striking match, with Xu expected to edge a closely fought encounter. Xu has wins over some very good fighters, has a mixed striking arsenal and comes from an established and successful camp. Holmes is 8-6 and has fought and lost by decision to some tough guys and I think Xu will be too talented for Holmes, but it won’t be a walk in the park.

Grygiel vs Johnson

Clash of veteran welterweights with 48 pro fights between them. Grygiel 12-12 has good boxing which he uses to set up his takedowns and utilise his powerful ground and pound. Johnson won’t be phased though, he has a BJJ Brown Belt which he uses for his offense, as 8 subs in his 12 wins testifies. Could go either way in a frantic ground battle.

Hawkins vs Brown

BJJ Brown belt Hawkins, has lost 5 straight and it seems his career is coming to a close. Can he overcome the inconsistent but durable Brown? Hawkins is skilled but flawed as 7 losses testifies, and Brown can win this if it stays standing, but I think Hawkins will get the takedown and finish with a W –submission.

Dowe vs Chalmers

Another Kurt Edge fighter on a losing streak is Dowe 5-8 who will need to get boxer, Chalmers to the ground early if he is going to win this. Chalmers has serious KO power, and receives world class training so despite his inexperience, the younger man could take this one. Still hard to call.

Marselli vs Smith

Two debutants at 135, Marselli 0-1 is a good wrestler with a BJJ Brown Belt and will surely look to have a ground war. Smith 0-1 is more rounded, with better boxing, but in his only pro fight to date he elected to shoot for takedowns which could be a mistake here? Marselli looks the favourite here, if he can handle Smith’s stand up long up to secure the takedown then his ground skills should be too much. With so little known about these novices it a tough call.

That’s all folks, enjoy your weekend.

Richie

• Upvote 1