Game year from 13 to 12 weeks.

minark

no, it won't. older fighters will get older faster and decay due to age.

Younger fighters will also get older faster if a guy goes from 18 to 31 its 13 weeks of lost training..

I agree that this may give an edge to the pre-established fighters who had 13 weeks between years, compared to new fighters who will be 22 a whole month sooner than one of the older fighters did---thats a BIG difference

whatever...adapt. what about the edge the older managers had over me with their guys created before mine (130k id)? there was some sort of training advantage before they changed it. you could go further back and im sure youll find advantages other guys had over those guys. no point in worrying about it now.

• Upvote 1

It's a matter of it would make a lot more sense to speed up training. First off, people have constantly bitched about the training changes slowing learning speed for newer creations and that makes people cherry pick out of the FA constantly and now you speed up the game making those newly created fighters lose even more training time.It just doesn't make sense. Why not speed up training as well so newer fighters don't take 8 years reach higher skill levels.

It's a matter of it would make a lot more sense to speed up training. First off, people have constantly bitched about the training changes slowing learning speed for newer creations and that makes people cherry pick out of the FA constantly and now you speed up the game making those newly created fighters lose even more training time.It just doesn't make sense. Why not speed up training as well so newer fighters don't take 8 years reach higher skill levels.

Agreed, it certainly needs to be considered. As does the length of time required to recover from injuries, cuts, fights and flights.

I am not sure i remember the 17 weeks. I am not sure this change was needed to be honest, the game is already a certain age already and this will give older fighters an advantage in skills + the fact that they can get a more impressive career record.

I guess eventually people will adapt and 12 weeks does make more sense than a 13 week period.

Every time there is a change, someone cries about "fair".....

NEWSFLASH..

Your not going to have ELITE everything fighters anymore.

Some of you might have to learn to win with skills like wonderful and exceptional, and actually start fighting guys instead of just training them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

NEWSFLASH..

Some of you might have to learn to win with skills like wonderful and exceptional, and actually start fighting guys instead of just training them.

This must be the end of the world, I agree with you on something.

This is really a minor change that will balance out in time. The age thing gets overplayed on occasion too. I just picked up a 31 year old on the market, he still pops semi-frequently when compared to my younger guys, who are all fairly fast learners.

NEWSFLASH..

Problem is there are fighters with just about elite in everything right now that won't get old for a very long time. I'm all for speeding up the game but without training being scaled to it it just means new creations will get older and lose learning speed quicker and take even longer to reach the levels needed to compete. Sure the beastly skilled guys around right now will only be around for 2-4 more years but I doubt everyone feels like waiting that long.

Edit: I do agree this is minor compared to the earlier slowdown but it all adds up.

• Upvote 2

Let's be honest who wants to manage the next GSP, Anderson Silva, Bones Jones?

Me

Who wants to manage the next Ross Pointon, Kaleb Starnes?

No one

Everyone wants a sensational elite fighter, if everyone had this, or close to it would be fair and sliders/game plan come into play.

Me

No one

Everyone wants a sensational elite fighter, if everyone had this, or close to it would be fair and sliders/game plan come into play.

The victory is much sweeter when your lesser fighter defeats a superior opponent/manager. If everyone was the same and had the same things, it'd be a very boring game. Anyone can move up, you just have to work it it.

Superior silders/planning still kick primaries in the nuts. I can count on two hands the amount of times I've lost to opponents who I was simply no match for. The rest of them were winnable fights where I just had piss poor planning/sliders, or they other guy had better ones.

Honestly, I don't want to play a game with 1000 Bones and Silva's and GSP's. It sounds very boring and makes the greatest fighters not so great.

fighters are disposable heroes and nobody makes 18 year old projects anymore.

I think the rotting of skills contributes to the fact that fighters are tossed around like hockey cards. Nobody wants to put the time and effort into creating a new 18 year old fighter when they have to fight uphill against decay and deal with the slower cardio and strength learning speeds. It also pretty much forces them to join a $600 gym right out the gate or suffer from rotting. (my logic is either $20 cardio gym, or $600 gym)

• Downvote 1

Me

No one

Nope.

You can create 18 yr olds and still fight while you train, just join the new up and comer organizations like Eternal Rivals in Tokyo ;) Why sit on your ass when you can fight other 18 year olds with similar skill sets. Worry about the big leagues later, everyone is too obsesed with having unbeaten records.

Problem is there are fighters with just about elite in everything right now that won't get old for a very long time. I'm all for speeding up the game but without training being scaled to it it just means new creations will get older and lose learning speed quicker and take even longer to reach the levels needed to compete. Sure the beastly skilled guys around right now will only be around for 2-4 more years but I doubt everyone feels like waiting that long.

Edit: I do agree this is minor compared to the earlier slowdown but it all adds up.

This hits the nail on the head. It isn't about having fighters who are elite across the board (although we can always rely on ajperok to get things wrong), but rather it is about the development and evolution of the game.

The ticker maintenance system is already significantly watered down from where it was intended to be, meaning that the fighters currently at the top are not being ushered to the end of their careers at the appropriate speed, and without a change to the training speed as a result of this they will get a bit longer.