Doesn't the ref ever stop a fight?

Dominated this fight the first round then had the guy mounted for 2 minutes with unanswered vicious ground and pound and the ref never stepped in.

Bull Dog dominated that round.

The cut man is working on Bull Dog's cut.

The fighters' corners scream their final instructions, as the referee calls time. Here we go, back to the action!

Dog bobs and weaves and throws out a fast jab that snaps Schneiderhan's head backwards.

Schneiderhan throws a body kick that misses.

Schneiderhan with a poor takedown

and Dog counters with a takedown into full mount! That could mean trouble for Schneiderhan!

Dog breaks from Schneiderhan's wrist control and lands an elbow.

Dog fakes a shot to the body and cracks his opponent in the head. Nice ground and pound there!

We've seen a great period of action over the last minute or so - credit to both fighters for leaving it all in the cage!

Dog controlling from mount.

The crowd growing excited in anticipation of a finish here! Right on cue, Dog cracks his opponent with a massive right hand that draws loud cheers!

Dog scoring with some good ground and pound from mount here. Will he manage to finish Schneiderhan?

Dog controlling from mount.

Both fighters are absolutely exhausted here.

Dog unloading with bombs!

Schneiderhan is rocked!

That's one minute gone in the round.

Dog postures up and cracks his opponent a couple of times before moving back into close ground control. Schneiderhan looks a forlorn figure.

Dog lands a nice shot to the head.

Dog lands with some vicious ground and pound - can Schneiderhan hang on?

Dog working away from the top, dropping strikes.

Schneiderhan is trying to escape the mount.

Dog cracks Schneiderhan with a nasty head shot there - the crowd let out an audible gasp there, as the noise reverberated around the arena.

Dog postures up and cracks his opponent a couple of times before moving back into close ground control. Schneiderhan looks a forlorn figure.

Dog punishing his opponent with strikes.

Dog looking to finish Schneiderhan with some ground and pound. This is bad for Schneiderhan!

Schneiderhan is bucking up trying to escape but Dog cracks him with another couple of good strikes.

Oh Schneiderhan is still in real trouble! Will he be able to recover?!!

That's two minutes gone in the round.

Dog in mount throwing good strikes here, bouncing his opponent's head off the canvas.

The crowd are loving this. Great action here.

Dog lands a couple of nice shots there from mount.

Dog landing strikes from the mount and Schneiderhan is in trouble!

Dog lands a couple of nice shots there from mount.

A nice elbow there by Dog.

A nice elbow there by Dog.

Dog pausing momentarily but resumes with a couple of decent strikes that do a bit of damage.

Dog landing strikes from the mount.

Schneiderhan working to try and regain half guard.

Dog landing shots from mount.

Schneiderhan is looking to get to half guard.

Oh yeah my fighter with remarkable sub defense got subbed by this beaten up fighter in the 3rd round. I've never had a problem with any other losses but this one seems a bit off.

Yeah, this is a flaw with the game right now. Unfortunately, stoppage only appears as the result of cuts. My first fight in the game saw my guy tear up his opponent for 3 minutes and a half in the first round and 4 minutes for the second before finally getting the win for there being too much blood.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=13829

Would've saved me a lot of energy. In your case, nothing was off. You had remarkable grappling defense, but your fighter is a white belt. Overall and specific skills are equally important, especially if you plan to fight on the ground against a fighter two belts above you.

Dominated this fight the first round then had the guy mounted for 2 minutes with unanswered vicious ground and pound and the ref never stepped in.

Oh yeah my fighter with remarkable sub defense got subbed by this beaten up fighter in the 3rd round. I've never had a problem with any other losses but this one seems a bit off.

maybe you hit like a girl, and have no ground and pound? and your opponent has a "Granite Chin" and was able to take the sissy punches while he trapped you into his domain.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=20208

When it comes to gnp.

The ref will never stop the fight unless 1. he is kod. or 2 stops do to cuts.

Now 1 almost never happens. maybe if the fighter comes in out of shape.

I have seen a fight where. for 3 rounds. all he did was gnp. something rediculous like 120 ground strikes. But he was gassed so his attacks were hitting like doo doo. yah he had mount several times but failed to ever rock him. he was tanked.

You're saying the strikes were unanswered, the commentary says the other guy was actively trying to escape. No reason to stop if he's doing that and not just covering up. The Ref's job is to step in to save a fighter who can't defend himself, this guy managed to work his way back to half-guard, he wasn't out of it, which means a stoppage would have been premature.

Oh, yeah your gassed out white belt with remarkable sub defense for a white belt got subbed by a purple belt.

My fighter has natural KO power, remartkable GNP and was set to finish on the ground. As for granite chin I have a couple fighters that have granite chins that have also been KO'd so it's not like it doesn't happen.

I desingned this fighter to do exactly what he did. The game gives you the option to put a GNP fighter together yet doesn't give you a way to finish with GNP?

Two minutes of the following and no TKO or ref stoppage-

-Dog cracks his opponent with a massive right hand that draws loud cheers!

-Dog unloading with bombs!

-Schneiderhan is rocked!

-Dog lands with some vicious ground and pound - can Schneiderhan hang on?

-Dog working away from the top, dropping strikes.

-Dog cracks Schneiderhan with a nasty head shot there - the crowd let out an audible gasp there, as the noise reverberated around the arena.

-Schneiderhan looks a forlorn figure.

-Dog punishing his opponent with strikes.

-Dog looking to finish Schneiderhan with some ground and pound. This is bad for Schneiderhan!

-Oh Schneiderhan is still in real trouble!

-Dog in mount throwing good strikes here, bouncing his opponent's head off the canvas.

-Dog landing strikes from the mount and Schneiderhan is in trouble!

My point is this fight would have NEVER been allowed to continue in the real world. Two minutes of mounted GNP landing clean strikes, Cmon.. While I love this game and it's without a doubt spot on in alsmost every aspect the lack of ref stoppage in a situation like this is a serious flaw IMO.

The ref will step in if there is a damaging shot but not for a succession of low damage shots. I agree that they should though and I'll try and change that when I get the chance.

These would appear to be damaging shots-

Dog unloading with bombs!

Dog cracks Schneiderhan with a nasty head shot there - the crowd let out an audible gasp there, as the noise reverberated around the arena.

Dog in mount throwing good strikes here, bouncing his opponent's head off the canvas.

All I can ask or expect is for you to look at a possible fix which you have said you will do so thank you.

In the mean time I move to have the fight overturned by the commission :smile_anim:

Edited because MMATYCOON posted before I made my suggestions.

Perhaps cuts should have stayed or should have even been more common from GnP since GnP has a habit of turning opponents face into bloody mess. Are TKO's in reality that common at all from GnP? Are not those stoppages in most cases a result of opponent getting brutually GnPed into bloodly mess and not as a result of "real" TKO (this all in real life)?

Edited because MMATYCOON posted before I made my suggestions.

Perhaps cuts should have stayed or should have even been more common from GnP since GnP has a habit of turning opponents face into bloody mess. Are TKO's in reality that common at all from GnP? Are not those stoppages in most cases a result of opponent getting brutually GnPed into bloodly mess and not as a result of "real" TKO (this all in real life)?

I think more often it's due to unanswered blows or lack of "Intelligently Defending Oneself".

And props to mmatycoon for the much faster than expected response. This site is top notch to say the least.

-Dog cracks his opponent with a massive right hand that draws loud cheers!

-Dog unloading with bombs!

-Schneiderhan is rocked!

-Dog lands with some vicious ground and pound - can Schneiderhan hang on?

-Dog working away from the top, dropping strikes.

-Dog cracks Schneiderhan with a nasty head shot there - the crowd let out an audible gasp there, as the noise reverberated around the arena.

-Schneiderhan looks a forlorn figure.

-Dog punishing his opponent with strikes.

-Dog looking to finish Schneiderhan with some ground and pound. This is bad for Schneiderhan!

-Oh Schneiderhan is still in real trouble!

-Dog in mount throwing good strikes here, bouncing his opponent's head off the canvas.

-Dog landing strikes from the mount and Schneiderhan is in trouble!

IDK, to me this reads a bit like Joe Rogan going: He's got the guillotine. He's got the guillotine! It's on tight! It's on tight! Oh, he popped out :blush:

And complaining about it is like saying: Man didn't you hear Rogan say how tight that was, why didn't the ref step in?

It's natural for commentary to be a bit exuberant and over the top. Fights would be a lot less fun to read if it was all "yeah, he's landing some pretty weak GnP there" over and over.

The ref will step in if there is a damaging shot but not for a succession of low damage shots. I agree that they should though and I'll try and change that when I get the chance.

I think there will be more complaints about people bitchin the fight was stopped early lol

whatever be careful what ya wish for people I won't be reading nobodies complaints they post em cuz they're guy only took a couple shots and the ref stopped it, I say it's a game and the ref should let the fighters get their ass kicked.

I think there will be more complaints about people bitchin the fight was stopped early lol

whatever be careful what ya wish for people I won't be reading nobodies complaints they post em cuz they're guy only took a couple shots and the ref stopped it, I say it's a game and the ref should let the fighters get their ass kicked.

This game is suppose to simulate real fighting and does a fair job of doing so but I challenge anyone to give me an example in the real world where a fighter was on his back mounted being hit with shots "that reverberated throughout the arena" and "strikes that were bouncing his head off the canvas" for two minutes and the fight was not stopped. In reality it takes about 10-20 seconds (max) of unanswed shots like that to a mounted fighter and the fight is stopped. I have reffed about 100 professional mma cage fights so it's not like I'm talking out of my ass.

I lost a fight with a stand up fighter of mine with a granite chin, natural KO power and better striking skills that was knocking the shit out of the other guy and was KO'd by a lucky punch of some sort. I never complained or said a peep as these things actually happen in real fights. If my post helps to make the fight outcomes more realistic everyone should be happy as the realism is what makes this a great game. BTW the only gnp wrestler I have is the one in this fight so any change would not be in the best interest of my other 9 fighters. That being said like it or not gnp is a huge part of this sport in the real world and responsible for ending a decent percentage of fights.