The Biggest Draw in MMA

This is true. UFC will succeed with or without Fedor. I'd love to see Fedor fight there, but that's not happening right now. Whoever said Arlovski and Tim Sylvia don't count as wins should never post again. On the subject of biggest draw to MMA Brock Lesnar might take it right now cuz a little bit of everybody tune it to see his next fight. If Cro Cop woulda been on the otherside of Gonzaga's headkick, did all the spectacular things they thought Mirko was gonna do then we might be talking about him as the biggest draw.

Idk if this has been posted, but here's Cro Cop's oppinion on Lesnar winnin the belt

Cro Cop, the former Pride star who recently agreed to return to the UFC and fight Junior dos Santos at UFC 103, said in an interview with Index.hr (a web site in his native Croatia) that he thinks Lesnar's victory is a bad thing for mixed martial arts. Here's how Fighters Only translates Cro Cop's comments:

"I must point out that his victory is a defeat for the sport as such. Don't get me wrong, Lesnar is a fearsome and very dangerous opponent, but I am old school, I prefer skill and technique. This win was a defeat of martial skills. Much of what he achieved in the fight is a result of pure power... Of course, Lesnar has quality sparring partners, is an experienced wrestler and a man who learns very quickly. But he is yet to have a real struggle. He does not have many fights in his career and I would love to see how he would react to two or three good low kicks."

Well, Mirko is kinda right there, but that doesn't seem to hold anyone back from tuning in to see the man go Donkey Kong on his opponents. The fact that most viewers hope he's going to lose is already a different matter.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cro Cop is just trying to disrespect his way into a title shot or still hasn't recovered from that head kick by Gonzaga. Lesnar is a person of tremendous power, but what he did to Frank Mir was serious wrestling technique, not pure power.

Look at Fedors fight with Hong Man Choi. If the big lad had Brocks ground skills that fight could have been very different. He powered Fedor down but didnt control him like Brock did with Mir (for example), if he had that could have been the end.
The guy had a 14 inch height advantage and a 100 lb weight advantage. Even Lesnar doesn't have that guy's size advantage. Suggesting what could happen if someone had the skills of another person is laughable. What if Randy Couture had the punching power of Mike Tyson? What if Frank Mir had the ground game of Fedor instead of looking lost whenever he's being GnPed? What if Heath Herring had Chuck Liddell's sprawling ability?