The Biggest Draw in MMA

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except Fedor will never sign a UFC contract so Brock has nothing to worry about there.

i think carwin is almost as big of a threat to lesnar as fedor is, cuz lesnar is a lot bigger and stronger then fedor and if he does to fedor what he did to mir in there second fight then lesnar will win, carwin however is almost as big as lesnar and is even stronger then lesnar so that could be a threat

Carwin does not have more power than Lesnar. More punching power? Maybe. Overall? No. Mir isn't even in Fedor's league. He's beaten no elite fighters in the sport (Brock is #3 now, but wasn't elite when they fought and still had Mir beat) in a credible fashion*. Meanwhile, Fedor is 7-0 against UFC Champions.

* = Nogueira just came of a staph infection and had a meniscus injury.

Also, it's stupid that Mir is saying he is ready to fight Brock again just because he was "within inches of knocking him out". Right...

Too bad almost doesn't count. Seriously, this fight and Mir's comments afterwards totally made him look like an ass.

Yes, cause Brock's is so nice :graduated:

I love all the stuff about Brocks after fight antics :D

He got mocked for months by Mir so who cares if he shouts at him?? then the crowd boo the shit out of him and he isn't allowed to flip the bird? It isn't like he is doing it to every single member of the crowd it is just the ones that boo him. He is in the UFC not on Sesame Street i think they can take it

Carwin does not have more power than Lesnar. More punching power? Maybe. Overall? No. Mir isn't even in Fedor's league. He's beaten no elite fighters in the sport (Brock is #3 now, but wasn't elite when they fought and still had Mir beat) in a credible fashion*. Meanwhile, Fedor is 7-0 against UFC Champions.

* = Nogueira just came of a staph infection and had a meniscus injury.

actually comparing lifting stats, carwin is stronger then lesnar

and fedor has fought nobody ufc champions, AA and tim sylvia do not count as even a win, both of them are a joke and realize as soon as the ufc started getting talent in the heavyweight division they canned both of them

Heading into that fight, Arlovski defeated the favorite to win the upcoming TUF and wasn't canned. Dana even said so. In Sylvia's last 9 UFC fights, he suffered two losses, both were to legends in the sport. It was nothing to be embarrassed about. Fedor turned them into jokes through the sheer easy in which he defeated them. Neither Mir, Nogueira, or Couture defeated Sylvia in such a dominating, embarrassing fashion as Fedor did. Nogueira and Randleman are not nobodies. Mark Coleman is in the UFC Hall of Fame and wasn't old as dirt then.

What lifting stats?

Eventually he'll have no other choice. He will be in the UFC by the end of 2010 imo.

the problem is Fedor is not "alone". he carries his manager on his back who also happens to be the chief of M1-Global. where Fedor goes M1-Global goes. Fedor also made it very clear that he values friendship, loyality etc. above fortune & fame. he also has nothing to prove to anyone anymore .. he could retire right now and easiely be considered the best heavyweight ever & myth of a man. to get Fedor in the UFC now - after the UFC just started on the very wrong foot with Fedor & his people - is a very very difficult task to say the least.

He's already done that, even GSP admits Fedor is the best in the sport.

The man is 7-0 against their champions. Every respected journalist covering MMA recognizes Fedor as the top fighter and heavyweight in the entire sport. He doesn't need the UFC, it needs him.

He's already done that, even GSP admits Fedor is the best in the sport.

The man is 7-0 against their champions. Every respected journalist covering MMA recognizes Fedor as the top fighter and heavyweight in the entire sport. He doesn't need the UFC, it needs him.

Seriously doubt it. I don't think either of them needs the other. UFC are at an all time high. Their PPV sales are great. Sure, Fedor would be the crown jewel, the icing on the cake, but they are doing good enough without him.

I supose you could argue that there's always a question mark until he faces the top guys from the UFC. I wouldnt agree, but it could be argued.

This can only be settled in one way. They have to make that Lesnar vs. Fedor fight and then everyone will see, whose right.

Just my opinion of course. But if Fedor is serious about cementing a legacy as THE BEST (and i think he is) then he will have to come to the UFC because the best that is left is there.

he has to cement his legacy by beating brock lesnar? people act liek the ufc has all the best heavyweights...i would say fedor has fought and beaten better heavyweights without the help of the ufc. obviously this will get tougher and tougher as guys like cain velasquez continue to develop, but there's still a lot of talent outside of the ufc. the ufc doesnt own the heavyweight division liek they own other divisions. if we were talking about a welterweight or a light heavyweight, then i would agree, they would have to be in the ufc. if you look at the top 10 rankings you'll see there's many names on there that arent in the ufc.

Just my opinion of course. But if Fedor is serious about cementing a legacy as THE BEST (and i think he is) then he will have to come to the UFC because the best that is left is there.

I fear that if Fedor drags his heels in getting to the ufc & Brock continues to learn at a brisk pace, he'll lose.In which case his legacy will be cemented as "that guy who reigned for years but lost to Brock,hence he sucks".Most casual fans don't know doodoo about Fedor, let alone the WWE converts that will continue pouring in.If wants a truly solid shot at asserting himself & beating fast twitch Mcgee, he has to get on that NOW.

Seriously doubt it. I don't think either of them needs the other. UFC are at an all time high. Their PPV sales are great. Sure, Fedor would be the crown jewel, the icing on the cake, but they are doing good enough without him.
I'm not talking financially, but on a credibility stand-point. The UFC prides itself upon having the best fighters in the sport. The division people have always cared most for historically is the heavyweights and the best heavyweight in MMA is not signed to the UFC. Dana is asked about Fedor every single time they have a high-level heavyweight fight. It's why you constantly see him trying to promote Silva as the best fighter in the entire sport when he's not even #2. The best fighter in the entire company even says Fedor is number one.

I supose you could argue that there's always a question mark until he faces the top guys from the UFC. I wouldnt agree, but it could be argued.
Not from anyone with decent knowledge on the sport. Only casual fans question it and he doesn't care about his legacy.

You miss my point. I mean that while there are guys who could have a good shot at beating him (Brock for example) then a question mark will hang there, a big 'well, sure he was great BUT...' and many people will wonder if he avoided what could be the biggest test of his fighting life.

Would that mean they didnt have decent knowledge? No, it just means they think Brock could have ended the legend of Fedor.

Look at Fedors fight with Hong Man Choi. If the big lad had Brocks ground skills that fight could have been very different. He powered Fedor down but didnt control him like Brock did with Mir (for example), if he had that could have been the end.

I do think Fedor will fight Brock at some point, he will want to prove to himself that he can.

plus he has a penis tattooed on his chest

hahahhah word. but i am actualy a lesnar fan. all i gotta say to ppl who hate on lesnar if why dont u fight him, that man may seem over confident, it may seem unfair he got a title shot so early, and he may have a penis on his chest but show me some1 that can beat him...please. the only guys out there that have a chance are fedo and shane carwin, no arguements, and those men or freaks of nature as well.

This is true. UFC will succeed with or without Fedor. I'd love to see Fedor fight there, but that's not happening right now. Whoever said Arlovski and Tim Sylvia don't count as wins should never post again. On the subject of biggest draw to MMA Brock Lesnar might take it right now cuz a little bit of everybody tune it to see his next fight. If Cro Cop woulda been on the otherside of Gonzaga's headkick, did all the spectacular things they thought Mirko was gonna do then we might be talking about him as the biggest draw.

Idk if this has been posted, but here's Cro Cop's oppinion on Lesnar winnin the belt

Cro Cop, the former Pride star who recently agreed to return to the UFC and fight Junior dos Santos at UFC 103, said in an interview with Index.hr (a web site in his native Croatia) that he thinks Lesnar's victory is a bad thing for mixed martial arts. Here's how Fighters Only translates Cro Cop's comments:

"I must point out that his victory is a defeat for the sport as such. Don't get me wrong, Lesnar is a fearsome and very dangerous opponent, but I am old school, I prefer skill and technique. This win was a defeat of martial skills. Much of what he achieved in the fight is a result of pure power... Of course, Lesnar has quality sparring partners, is an experienced wrestler and a man who learns very quickly. But he is yet to have a real struggle. He does not have many fights in his career and I would love to see how he would react to two or three good low kicks."