Unrealistic Stealing Money off fighters

Something that is really bugging me in this game and may prompt me to leave it after 3 years is the hiring of free agents simply to take there money.

This is ridiculously unrealistic. But it has been done since this game started.

There should be a max spend introduced on how much a fighter can spend on supplements/clothes in a month to stop this money laundering thing happening.

I have released 2 fighters now with big bank accounts (red rum) being the last only for some clown to hire him and simply take all his money.

Very annoying.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Something that is really bugging me in this game and may prompt me to leave it after 3 years is the hiring of free agents simply to take there money.

This is ridiculously unrealistic. But it has been done since this game started.

There should be a max spend introduced on how much a fighter can spend on supplements/clothes in a month to stop this money laundering thing happening.

I have released 2 fighters now with big bank accounts (red rum) being the last only for some clown to hire him and simply take all his money.

Very annoying.

the solutions i can think of to this problem are:

A cap on how much a fighter can spend in a month on clothes/supplements

more ways for a fighter to spend his money properly on cars,houses etc that would boost his morale

the option to simply retire,

really,what is the point of managing a chaps career for several years in this game only for some idiot to hire and fire him and take all the cash he's made through the years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well this does suck it's going to continue to happen. Getting all worked up and quitting won't fix it. Don King did this to boxers for years in real life so to say it's unrealistic isn't 100% accurate.

How's about every fighter that gets released has their bank balance set straight to $3000? That way noone steals cash, they get because they want

• Upvote 2

Like has been mentioned in plenty of other threads on this topic, If you don't like the idea of someone taking all the money out of the fighters account, then don't leave any in there.

However, I AM in favor of having the ability to retire a fighter rather than having him become a free agent. I like the idea of having a page where you can easily access your retired fighters and whatever also. Chris Karter called this the alumni page... My rational for having that ability isn't for the money part though. I just don't like the idea of someone taking my fighter and fucking up his record or whatever. Even though I kinda suck at this game I don't want to have a fighter that I created, ran for however long, and became attached to going up for bid on the slave market so that some asshat can take him and use him as a can for an Alliance mate to crush repeatedly or jsut plain mismanage him.

Call me silly but I just don't want other people playing with my toys.

• Upvote 1

how about some sort of temporary "lock" on fighter bank accounts, whereby a free agent won't spend more than 10k of their bankroll that they had before a new manager gets them from free agency. consider it having their assets frozen.

so, for example, if a free agent has 75k in his account, 65k of it is effectively locked in place until the new manager has had them on their roster for one full in-game year.

that should solve things, for the most part, without breaking anything else.

• Upvote 2

Like has been mentioned in plenty of other threads on this topic, If you don't like the idea of someone taking all the money out of the fighters account, then don't leave any in there.

However, I AM in favor of having the ability to retire a fighter rather than having him become a free agent. I like the idea of having a page where you can easily access your retired fighters and whatever also. Chris Karter called this the alumni page... My rational for having that ability isn't for the money part though. I just don't like the idea of someone taking my fighter and fucking up his record or whatever. Even though I kinda suck at this game I don't want to have a fighter that I created, ran for however long, and became attached to going up for bid on the slave market so that some asshat can take him and use him as a can for an Alliance mate to crush repeatedly or jsut plain mismanage him.

Call me silly but I just don't want other people playing with my toys.

You know, I have the exact opposite reaction. After I cut a guy and he starts losing, I'm happy. It shows that I chose the right time to cut him, plus it allows me give credit to my slider-fu for any victories he had while I managed him. If one of your good fighters starts to stuck after you cut them it is generally a sign that you're a pretty good manager. Do you know what I mean?

I would actually like to prevent the laundering by setting a max amount a fighter will spend on supps or clothing... I've always said I'd like to do this but it would go down really badly. I'm going to have another think about it when I've finished jets.

Also, there's a thing I've got half programmed where fighters have an expected amount of money that they believe they should have, based on their ranking, historic ranking, number of fights etc. If they don't have enough money, then they'll lose morale. We'd also have the vice versa, to give morale boosts to rich guys. This will stop people stripping fighters of cash, at least if they plan on keeping the fighter.

• Upvote 1

Also, there's a thing I've got half programmed where fighters have an expected amount of money that they believe they should have, based on their ranking, historic ranking, number of fights etc. If they don't have enough money, then they'll lose morale. We'd also have the vice versa, to give morale boosts to rich guys. This will stop people stripping fighters of cash, at least if they plan on keeping the fighter.

I think this would be a great idea, and I seem to remember it receiving a positive response when you mentioned it previously. Certainly works much more closely with the realism idea.

Off topic - did fighter housing get canned, or is it still on the to do list? I realise you have to prioritise your limited time, so I'm not complaining that it hasn't arrived yet either :)

I would actually like to prevent the laundering by setting a max amount a fighter will spend on supps or clothing... I've always said I'd like to do this but it would go down really badly. I'm going to have another think about it when I've finished jets.

I think the second idea has a lot of potential. Personally, I kind of like laundering because it forces managers to interact a little more, so I would be disappointed if it was completely eliminated.

• Upvote 1

You know, I have the exact opposite reaction. After I cut a guy and he starts losing, I'm happy. It shows that I chose the right time to cut him, plus it allows me give credit to my slider-fu for any victories he had while I managed him. If one of your good fighters starts to stuck after you cut them it is generally a sign that you're a pretty good manager. Do you know what I mean?

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But it still kinda bigs me that someone is wrecking the image and reputation I built for the fighter. Perhaps I am being a bit too silly and getting too attached to my fighters, but it's just what I feel.

It would probably go down very badly under the current gym cap system-- it's the reason most of us launder in the first place. If you're going to consider this, perhaps you could also consider removing the cap on gym fees, or modifying it at the least.

I'm also a bit worried what the ripple effect of this decision might do to the Tycoon economy. Fight contracts are already sky high in the upper tier orgs, imagine how high they will be once our fighters "demand" a certain amount of money in their coffers.

• Upvote 2

Personally, I hate this idea.

I don't have a problem putting something in for taking free agents cash, but my own fighters cash, well, I don't really want Big Brother telling me what to do with it.

Just strip all FA's down to 3K.

FA money laundering problem solved and I can do what I please with the money that I earned.

• Upvote 2

there should definitely be an effect on morale from a fighters bank balance. in real life it is all about the benjamins so to make this game more realistic there needs to be a similar effect here.

however an effect on hype alone will not effect managers robbing fighters money as they obviously are not concerned with the fighter in questions hype.

How soon are we likely to see an improvement on this?

• 1 month later...

there should definitely be an effect on morale from a fighters bank balance. in real life it is all about the benjamins so to make this game more realistic there needs to be a similar effect here.

however an effect on hype alone will not effect managers robbing fighters money as they obviously are not concerned with the fighter in questions hype.

How soon are we likely to see an improvement on this?

any sign of this happening

Yep it will happen in the next couple of months - lots of balls to juggle at the moment with various different little improvements in the pipeline but this is one of them.

Quit juggling balls in your pipeline! Crazy Brits.

i see no problem with laundering some money, like if a figter has 300k why not take 50k of it. SOme of us spend a good deal of money training our fighters early on when they are not fighting and dont have the money for gyms and such, why should we not be able to take some back with a little interest.... i think its stupid, with that being said

i dont mind the FA idea, 3000 or so

i think that we should be able to take some fighters money for many reasons, who says my manager fee is 10% what if i want it to be 15%, 20% etc dont tell me what i can take, as i stated before we give our fighters money for gyms, sups, clothing etc early on we shoudl be able to get it back and take some extra. maybe a limit to how much people could launder or something which i think the morale thing would take care of.

• Upvote 1

i see no problem with laundering some money, like if a figter has 300k why not take 50k of it. SOme of us spend a good deal of money training our fighters early on when they are not fighting and dont have the money for gyms and such, why should we not be able to take some back with a little interest.... i think its stupid, with that being said

i dont mind the FA idea, 3000 or so

i think that we should be able to take some fighters money for many reasons, who says my manager fee is 10% what if i want it to be 15%, 20% etc dont tell me what i can take, as i stated before we give our fighters money for gyms, sups, clothing etc early on we shoudl be able to get it back and take some extra. maybe a limit to how much people could launder or something which i think the morale thing would take care of.

I'm against stopping laundering but it cannot be stopped this is one of the better suggestions to look at. My sole reason for wanting laundering is because it is my means to transfer some of my fighter's money to my account which in turn is used to pay my VIP or fund my gym.