Wrestlers getting swept constantly.

I have had a recurring problem with all my fighters. When grappling even my top wrestlers seem to get swept constantly. Why do mediocre wrestlers have such an easy time improving position on my wonderful or better guys? I'm assuming its because I lean to much towards finish and aggressive but I'm not sure. I figure an exceptional wrestler vs a mediocre would be able to avoid sweeps while being aggressive. Should I just be much more conservative in the grappling game? I hate being stood up. :)

A few things from my experience so far.

Defensive Grappling is a big factor in sweeps, and BJJ plays a bigger factor in sweeps then Wrestling.

I think the finish and aggressive sliders are the main reason in this case... I but think the finish slider probably has the bigger impact to prevent sweeps.

Setting Counter + Control will dramatically reduce sweeps.

The problem with that is if your opponent is also going Control + Counter as well (which I've found a lot of standup fighters do in order to get a standup).......then you're going to get stood up constantly.

Also if you set a "stick position" if will give your opponent less opportunity to counter-sweep when you would otherwise be trying to advance position.

I have found stick position handy because your fighter will still advance position if opportunity presents itself, he will just not actively look to pass once he hits that "stick position"

I have found setting Counter+Control can work really well against guys who are aggressive on the ground.

The ground game is very tricky...and I still don't know shit....., but I see it as an opportunity to get an advantage because many very experienced managers still have little to no knowledge of it.

The reason this is happening is because the grey line you need to balance is very very thin. Jbrookins is right on, but the problem is that if you dont go aggressive you will get stood up if your opponent uses FYBJJ mode (100 counter / control). so finding the right Agg / Counter Finish / Control is very tough to do.... play with it and youll find a few spots that tend to work better then others