So... what was I meant to be doing next?

MMATycoon

After your well deserved rest I'd personally would like to see couple things added:

1. First and foremost: Updates for nutri and clothing businesses like minimum prices depending on supp quality or different fabrics for clothing etc.

2. Fight contracts with an option for superfight in other organization.

• Upvote 1

I originally said psychologists and surgeons, but I know that one will take Mike a long time so I edited.

This damn forum doesnt have delete lol

ahhh ic. surgeons for cuts and such?

Set all fighters that go to Free Agency to $3,000. Should be a quick and easy fix since the coding is already there for the inactive fighters :thumbup:

I am totally againsts this idea! :nono:

This part of the game helped me immensely to start off my Nute business, and is of great help to newer company owners with semi ranking.

Today, it is of no use to me, but it would definitely hurt the ones that shouldn't really be hurt, as it is a fucking struggle to get any nute business off the blocks, and would most likely prompt the desperate users into proper cheating.

This money is just leaving the game, and noone gets hurt really, so out of the many "evils", this is imo the smallest one..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I originally said psychologists and surgeons, but I know that one will take Mike a long time and he is probably looking for a nice easy one right now, so I edited.

This damn forum doesnt have delete lol

This would be my "most wanted" addition to the game,, but as you mentioned, would take a long time.

The second on my list is some sort of price bracket fix for the various quality nutes in the game, even a bigger gap in the nute performance, as the nute business makes no sense in the way it works. The price difference between creating a top of the line Q158 = 426k to the minimum Q160 = 1.250k is way to large in comparison of the actual difference of the product.

This is quite a lot out of proportions.

But anyway, i'm not going to complain regardless of what Mike decides to do next, as most of his changes seem to be bang on!

This part of the game helped me immensely to start off my Nute business, and is of great help to newer company owners with semi ranking.

Today, it is of no use to me, but it would definitely hurt the ones that shouldn't really be hurt, as it is a fucking struggle to get any nute business off the blocks, and would most likely prompt the desperate users into proper cheating.

This money is just leaving the game, and noone gets hurt really, so out of the many "evils", this is imo the smallest one..

Too bad the new players aren't being able to take advantage of this since its high ranking managers that are taking the fighters with big bank accounts now a days. It's going to get worse now that Private Jets have been introduced. Also, many companies have been started with and done well from the $50,000 loan. If that isn't working for you, then design posters, buy VIP for people, write event previews and reviews etc. Don't use the FA market when you have no intent to actually fight with the fighters.

I do understand where you are coming from, but when I started, I wrote previews and reviews for Orgs and did just fine. Hell, Orgs will pay quadruple now what I made then. What's wrong with actually having to work to make money instead of taking an easy way out? Everyone says there's too much money in the game, this would help alleviate some of that. But lets not clutter this post. Here is a post from a manager just last week or so about this topic and we can continue this conversation there. http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29577

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

What about other orgs being able to merge/buy other orgs. And other companies as well?

This is something I would like to see happen, as it probably wouldn't take a real long time. I'm sure it would take time obviously but it would be to good use for the game. I've had several opportunities where I was going to purchase another org and put the fighters in mine, but it would have taken a week or longer to get everything done.

Dr.'s and things would be my next favorite addition that I would like to see.

Well? :)

You definitely said that you were going to be sorting out elbows and knees in the clinch next so that we don't have to throw shitty knees to use our elbows if we want to attack the body with punches at the same time. I definitely 100% remember you saying that this was your next priority.

......Ok I may have a slightly selective memory there but it's still one of my big gripes, I'd love to see it changed.

Other than that the next big thing for me would be sorting out the fighters becoming coaches/cornermen etc, anything really which means we can retire them but still keep them in the game.

Do agree though if anything you probably deserve a rest!!

• Upvote 3

After your well deserved rest I'd personally would like to see couple things added:

1. First and foremost: Updates for nutri and clothing businesses like minimum prices depending on supp quality or different fabrics for clothing etc.

2. Fight contracts with an option for superfight in other organization.

Let's throw gyms on that list too. Right now a gym is either profitable for the owner but sucks for the fighters that train there, due to it being overcrowded. Or it isn't profitable at all without coming up with a workaround, like most private gyms. The end result being that Private gym training makes it almost impossible to compete on an even footing with your public gym trained fighters. I think there needs to be a way that Gyms can be profitable without sucking hind tit.

I also like point two here.

Retirement fighters, fighters coach?

If I am understanding Jacky correctly, then yes, absolutely. To elaborate:

I would like the ability to retire your fighters to an "alumni page" to use Chris Karter's word for it. Then if the fighters were able to be used as coaches or sparring partners would be pretty awesome. This has been mentioned before, and I think that it is a good idea. I really don't like other people playing with my toys. I think the FA system should stay in place also though since some people just don't care or the fighters are not good, in the managers opinion etc...

I am not totally against this idea myself, but I think that limiting it or making a new system like allowing fighters to make investments in a company or some such? I posted something to this effect in another thread. I'll find the link later and post it in here.

Too bad the new players aren't being able to take advantage of this since its high ranking managers that are taking the fighters with big bank accounts now a days. It's going to get worse now that Private Jets have been introduced. Also, many companies have been started with and done well from the $50,000 loan. If that isn't working for you, then design posters, buy VIP for people, write event previews and reviews etc. Don't use the FA market when you have no intent to actually fight with the fighters.

I do understand where you are coming from, but when I started, I wrote previews and reviews for Orgs and did just fine. Hell, Orgs will pay quadruple now what I made then. What's wrong with actually having to work to make money instead of taking an easy way out? Everyone says there's too much money in the game, this would help alleviate some of that. But lets not clutter this post. Here is a post from a manager just last week or so about this topic and we can continue this conversation there. http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29577

Depends on your definition of new players I suppose. I have been playing for about 6 months now and I have two former FAs on my roster. I had a third one but I recently cut him myself. Point is that you can get FAs relatively easily if you try. I prefer as a rule to make my own fighters. But... to each his own. I never have, and likely never will resort to this sort of tactic. Mostly cause it seems to me that in order to actually profit from this tactic you need to sacrifice a fair bit of VIP time. Well, why not just buy someone VIP time in exchange for in-game cash...? Seems far more expedient to me.

Another thing I would like to see added is something to keep fighters from signing a contract and then cutting them without completeing the contract. Again I posted about this in another place and I will find the link and post it later.

Make public gyms not be a waste of a company slot (Unless your just a super nice guy!)

Gym Hype - Retired Fight Coaches - Seminars

If your looking for something easy, Org Mergers, since it seems like it's partially finished anyways (Houses too, I suppose.)

OR

Let's set something up so we can give each other virtual hugs. That'd be nice.

• Upvote 3

I couldn't agree more. I left the game and dropped my VIP in November-ish of 2010. When I came back and re-upped my VIP I was able to scratch up 100 k with those 9 fighter slots and my mid 600s manager rank and used that money to buy an org I renamed Ascension.

Also I think the potential income of orgs compared to other businesses is disproportionate. It used to be fairly easy to make a ton of money in the supp business, now it's nearly impossible. And as far as gyms go, I've offered several time to pay someone 25k upfront and 5k a week to open a new public gym in LA. Thus far one person has taken me up on it.

Let's face it. The tycoon dollar is pacing a Zimbabwe effect it seems. Back when the prices of gyms and supps were established newly created fighters were lucky to see 300 across, now they see nearly ten times that in some cities. My solution is simple and effective. Raise the price cap on select goods ie supps over say 159.1 can be sold for up to $500 while supps below that example benchmark retain their $300 cap. Also raise the price cap for public gyms with 60 or more members to $1000 a week.

These are very simple to change in the coding. They also will allow more business opportunities in the market as the diversity in pricing will open up opportunity at the top and bottom.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1.- One day pyramid tournaments. Possibly league tables?

2.- Tactics per round

3.- Lower % hype/pop gains from fighting the same guy

4.- Youth Academies

5.- Knee/body shots issue

Wild card: PRIDE RULES!!!

Wild card 2: Amateur fights

Things I've heard but don't necessarily care for:

1.- Fight psychologists

2.- Injury Doctors

3.- Having to retain an amount of money for fighters dependent on hype/pop?