So... what was I meant to be doing next?

MMATycoon

Whatever is commercially best for you - I have no idea whether that would be to increase the number (and subsequent retention) of new users to the site, or what will enhance the level of VIP purchases from existing users (e.g. like the option to use VIP time to sack fighters or to purchase private jets).

It's about time you were left to focus on something that will be really beneficial to you.

the guy's not a miracle worker.......

I'll assume this is a shot at Mikes ability to have sex with various women, since it certainly can't be a knock at my amazing abilities with fighters/sliders! HOW DARE YOU GOOD SIR :P

Nutrition is fine.. the only people upset with its current state are nutrition company owners who would like to make (more) money from clicking a fucking button to order stock once a month.

I disagree with this statement.

Nutrition "in it's current state" is super for me, as i make more than enough as it is, and i expect that to be the case for the other well established Nute businesses.

The Nute business needs to be viable also for the newer and not so established ones, at the moment it isn't.

As the Nute business has been over the last two years since i started HGH Nutes, you don't start getting proper ROI until you have enough money to make a Q158 or higher, and for me to get there, i had to use dodgy methods, like picking up rich fighters, trying them out and then dumping them if they sucked balls. Got the odd one that i kept, but most got thrown out the window, much poorer than they were when they hit my hands.That's what i had to do to succeed, and that's what i did.

Obviously it isn't cool or sensible to have business options in the game that are completely doomed to fail if one plays 100% by the rules, so there is a huge need for some sort of reform for these businesses.

Even though i am a selfish bastard and want what is best for myself, i still vote for these changes, as they will definitely make the game better for the newer managers, wanting to start up a new company.

I disagree with this statement.

Nutrition "in it's current state" is super for me, as i make more than enough as it is, and i expect that to be the case for the other well established Nute businesses.

The Nute business needs to be viable also for the newer and not so established ones, at the moment it isn't.

As the Nute business has been over the last two years since i started HGH Nutes, you don't start getting proper ROI until you have enough money to make a Q158 or higher, and for me to get there, i had to use dodgy methods, like picking up rich fighters, trying them out and then dumping them if they sucked balls. Got the odd one that i kept, but most got thrown out the window, much poorer than they were when they hit my hands.That's what i had to do to succeed, and that's what i did.

Obviously it isn't cool or sensible to have business options in the game that are completely doomed to fail if one plays 100% by the rules, so there is a huge need for some sort of reform for these businesses.

Even though i am a selfish bastard and want what is best for myself, i still vote for these changes, as they will definitely make the game better for the newer managers, wanting to start up a new company.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If I were to open a nutrition company today, what is the best available product I could produce? 150Q? 152Q? Who buys that stuff. I think the lowest quality stuff I ever bought was a 156 or 158 weight loss supp. So no one will buy what you have which means you cannot fund research for the higher quality stuff, and therefore you will lose your ass. Nutrition companies are totally screwed in this current environment. If you are looking to make piles of cash then you need to think about public gyms with the cap at 100 or higher, clothing companies, since all you gotta do is make a few cool designs and sponsor a few people, or an org. Which is able to generate loads of cash, but require more work than all the other businesses combined. Why do you think there aren't new Nutrition companies popping up? Cause they suck to start up from the ground up. Grasman worked his ass off to get his where it is and even he only has a few 160Q supps. Not to mention the fact that the difference between a 158, 159, and 160 supp is not worth the difference in price, and it makes it a non-viable venture.

this is my preferred order of things, but then i don't own a public gym or a supp company.

1- doctors/psychologists/surgeons

2- training seminars (although this can be a huge monetary benefit for public gyms)

3- fighter housing/etc (if i'm not mistaken this is already mostly finished)

4- a change to physicals (mainly speed/strength/cardio). it's a bit silly that any fighter can be elite in EVERY physical.

5- being able to retire a fighter and make him a coach/cornerman/assistant/something (could cost VIP time if under 30 years old, and be free if they're over 30)

6- changes to supps, most notably "combo" supps and price floors.

• 2 weeks later...

First,take a break and rest.

Then,maybe make QFC fights amateur fights.You already get little money for it,but the blemish on your record for

testing out your fighters is always there.Maybe QFC fights have a own record on the fighters page,the same for KB fights.

First,take a break and rest.

Then,maybe make QFC fights amateur fights.You already get little money for it,but the blemish on your record for

testing out your fighters is always there.Maybe QFC fights have a own record on the fighters page,the same for KB fights.

This is a kinda cool idea. I think that to add to this that 1) the tier two should be eliminated, and 2) once you have "gone pro" and had a fight in an org that you cannot go back into the QFC for fights. This will possibly help prevent some of the record padding that occurs in game.

Alternatively, perhaps an Amateur Circuit could be introduced in the game. Maybe some orgs could be designated as Amateur and all the fighters that fight there can only train at public gyms. The cotracts should all be no signing bonus, $1 to show up and win bonuses between say, $100 and $1000. After a set number of fights the fighter would be forced to go pro, maybe. Just spitballing here, but this idea has some merit to it. I have long thought that it would be cool to have some sort of Amateur Circuit in the game.

This is a kinda cool idea. I think that to add to this that 1) the tier two should be eliminated, and 2) once you have "gone pro" and had a fight in an org that you cannot go back into the QFC for fights. This will possibly help prevent some of the record padding that occurs in game.

Alternatively, perhaps an Amateur Circuit could be introduced in the game. Maybe some orgs could be designated as Amateur and all the fighters that fight there can only train at public gyms. The cotracts should all be no signing bonus, $1 to show up and win bonuses between say, $100 and $1000. After a set number of fights the fighter would be forced to go pro, maybe. Just spitballing here, but this idea has some merit to it. I have long thought that it would be cool to have some sort of Amateur Circuit in the game.

Most definetly.Also the hype pop shouldnt be high or shouldnt be even used for amateur fights.Also less injurys and cuts.

Most definetly.Also the hype pop shouldnt be high or shouldnt be even used for amateur fights.Also less injurys and cuts.

This makes sense also, since most amateur fights either ban elbows and/or require headgear and in some cased foot gear it would stand to reason that there would be less injuries, but I don't kno how difficult it would be to implement that, since it would probably be using the same engine. The headgear thing would also prevent KO's from being as prevalent. One final thing on Amateur fights is that they are often shorter fights. 3 minute rounds instead of 5.

Much of that can be handled by the indiviual org I suppose. The main obstacle to this I think is the degree of difficulty in implementation.

This makes sense also, since most amateur fights either ban elbows and/or require headgear and in some cased foot gear it would stand to reason that there would be less injuries, but I don't kno how difficult it would be to implement that, since it would probably be using the same engine. The headgear thing would also prevent KO's from being as prevalent. One final thing on Amateur fights is that they are often shorter fights. 3 minute rounds instead of 5.

Much of that can be handled by the indiviual org I suppose. The main obstacle to this I think is the degree of difficulty in implementation.

Hm,that would be difficult to do,but worth the result.Maybe Miketycoon just can reduce the damage dealt in the simulation.

Amateur fights should be overtaking the QFC.People wouldnt make much money out of them as organizations.

i had a draw the other day, which reminded me that this is an area that really needs improvement. shouldn't be too much work to implement, but both fighters should at least get popularity gains depending on the fight rating. small hype gains would also potentially make sense, especially for an underdog that manages to go to a draw against a heavily favored opponent.

• Upvote 1

i had a draw the other day, which reminded me that this is an area that really needs improvement. shouldn't be too much work to implement, but both fighters should at least get popularity gains depending on the fight rating. small hype gains would also potentially make sense, especially for an underdog that manages to go to a draw against a heavily favored opponent.

Makes sense.

• Downvote 1

Yeh had a draw as well and in terms of hype and pop etc it's pretty much as though the fight never happened. It's almost like a No Contest but with energy loss :(

Yeh had a draw as well and in terms of hype and pop etc it's pretty much as though the fight never happened. It's almost like a No Contest but with energy loss :(

yep. the one i just had was #45 weight class vs #47 weight class, and was a 100% rated 5 round title fight. they finished the fight being ranked #46 and #48 in the weight class (unrelated, obviously, since that's just due to someone else winning a fight at the same time and passing them in the rankings), with zero hype/pop gained.

at worst i think they should split the hype/pop that the winner would get (based on whichever one would earn less hype/pop from the win). at best i think the hype/pop gains should be calculated separately for each fighter.

yep. the one i just had was #45 weight class vs #47 weight class, and was a 100% rated 5 round title fight. they finished the fight being ranked #46 and #48 in the weight class (unrelated, obviously, since that's just due to someone else winning a fight at the same time and passing them in the rankings), with zero hype/pop gained.

at worst i think they should split the hype/pop that the winner would get (based on whichever one would earn less hype/pop from the win). at best i think the hype/pop gains should be calculated separately for each fighter.

Something like this yeah. I know that, that would make for an awesome fight. I think if othing else they could both earn pop for the fight. Hype I can see an argument for why not, but they should definitely get pop

• Downvote 1

Yeh mine wasn't close to that in hype but was still a 3 round slug fest with a 97% fight rating, no doubt in real life both guys would have at least gained a bit more popularity even if not hype.

I would love to see the post-fight commentary option expanded to include a pre-fight commentary box. Maybe it will add a very small rating to the fight or to the event. Whatever it would be, I just love seeing people give a little flavor to their fighters rather than employing 300+ mutes that just fight quietly and move on.