Mike Tycoon

Rambo

61 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

Karter you could always go back to getting your multi... err.. brother to inflate your rank by fighting FA cans over and over again (all in the name of bringing peoples attention to the practice) and win the fighter you wanted.. It's not like you haven't done that at Convicted before... :rolling:

Once retarded, always retarded. Never go full retard bro. Please remind me when I've ever done that? That's right. Never have. So drink a big cup of Go Fuck Yourself.

I second this.

I have a video. Not worth posting unless there's a possibility of gettin the fighter though, and by the looks of the votes not even close to happening.

Even if the manager leaves, quits or goes awol, its still a fighter that's in the free agency list. It's a free agent. Up for grabs. I can't think of a better reason to pay real money. And no matter how good a fighter is, you still have to be good enough to game plan. If your fighter is that good, you're going to fight top competition. It still comes down to gameplanning. Hell I picked up one of Davenport's monsters and I can't win for shit with him.

I really don't have a problem with being able to buy a whole stable of fighters. But if people are scared of that, then limit it to 1 per month or something. And have in-game money equal real money. So if someone bids $50 real money, that's equivalent to $500,000 in-game money (or something like that). That way you don't HAVE to pay real money.

I was thinkin of something along the lines of this. However I think there should be an option to release them into free agency where the highest ranked manager gets them, and another pool for fighters where the highest bidder gets them. If nobody bids on them they retire. A lot of people would like to see some fighters they release instantly retire.

This situation though, is completely different than Luke or some manager deciding to quit the game. The manager that asked Mike to release all his fighters, asked for them to be forcefully retired (Puno style). Misinterpreted Mike Tycoon released them all into the wild. Had he known this, he might of held on to them, or some of them, a lil longer. Either way, I have an offer of $100 for a one time thing clearly people woke up on the right side of the bed and put on their self righteous pants they haven't earned.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This situation though, is completely different than Luke or some manager deciding to quit the game. The manager that asked Mike to release all his fighters, asked for them to be forcefully retired (Puno style). Misinterpreted Mike Tycoon released them all into the wild. Had he known this, he might of held on to them, or some of them, a lil longer. Either way, I have an offer of $100 for a one time thing clearly people woke up on the right side of the bed and put on their self righteous pants they haven't earned.

what if someone else offered 105 dollars? -- do you plan on fighting this guy? -- i mean no reason to fight him since your buying & preserving "the character" of the fighter as you say -- if you never fight him then might sway some peoples views -- and this is no different than luke or others leaving the game -- he is leaving or quitting and had all his fighters released -- what made him even think for a second mike would just retire all his fighters seeing how he has never done this before and even refused to do it before when others asked so what made him think this was any different -- also dont think mike released them all cause when he has done it before they all show the same time on free agent market -- they dont show the same time (but mike might of) -- maybe its you that put the self righteous pants on thinking you deserve him more than anyone else

• Upvote 1

I have absolutely no problem with being able to buy a free agent. It's still a fighter and you still have to train that fighter the same as every other fighter. You have no extra training edge or fight strategy edge. It's just a fighter that someone else doesn't want. I have no problem with that at all. Mike has to make money, and this is one of the most innocent ways to charge real money.

Or something like a system where you pay 5 VIP days or something to increase your manager rank on the free agent list by like say 10 or something for a week.

So say Im manager rank 100 and Deamus is 83 or something and wants the fighter, I could pay 10 VIP days to increase my rank(only for free agent calcs) to 80 for a better chance at getting a fighter. Maybe add some stipulation of you can only pay time to get to rank 10 or something(for free agent calcs), thus increasing chance but still giving some seniority still?

I'm just saying, whats to stop a guy like me from basically owning the Free Agency if I felt like it, when a guys like; Logan, LT, Pico, Jbomb, Jacky, or whoever has actually earned it by being savvy managers. It shouldn't be a matter of I have more money to blow on a game than this guy, so I win.

Granted just because you have a good fighter, doesn't mean you're going to dominate. But it does kind of hamstring other folks.

Nobody is against Mike making more money, except maybe HuMOurs. I just think their are better ways to make it, that won't give people an overt advantage over others.

• Upvote 2

I'm just saying, whats to stop a guy like me from basically owning the Free Agency if I felt like it, when a guys like; Logan, LT, Pico, Jbomb, Jacky, or whoever has actually earned it by being savvy managers. It shouldn't be a matter of I have more money to blow on a game than this guy, so I win.

Granted just because you have a good fighter, doesn't mean you're going to dominate. But it does kind of hamstring other folks.

Nobody is against Mike making more money, except maybe HuMOurs. I just think their are better ways to make it, that won't give people an overt advantage over others.

Nailed it on the head. People who earn a lot of cash and don't have a lot to spend it on would just spend it in game. As much as it would make mike a very rich man. He would prolly lose the same amount of vip from members not willing to pay the cash. Sliders can only get you so far in this game. Hiddens can dominate.

what if someone else offered 105 dollars? -- do you plan on fighting this guy? -- i mean no reason to fight him since your buying & preserving "the character" of the fighter as you say -- if you never fight him then might sway some peoples views -- and this is no different than luke or others leaving the game -- he is leaving or quitting and had all his fighters released -- what made him even think for a second mike would just retire all his fighters seeing how he has never done this before and even refused to do it before when others asked so what made him think this was any different -- also dont think mike released them all cause when he has done it before they all show the same time on free agent market -- they dont show the same time (but mike might of) -- maybe its you that put the self righteous pants on thinking you deserve him more than anyone else

Blah blah blah. Controversial ole man river waving his river stick rumbling. If they did - then they can have him, or I'll offer 110 and we can go into a bidding war for him. Wouldn't mind seeing a tycoon auction for free agents anyway.

I would gladly & very willingly give him back to him should he ever return to the game. This thread however, is irrelevant now. The cause is lost thus everything about it is pointless. Lance Templeton will dominate most of you dickheads this week and snatch the righteous ones up from free agency, saving me $100 of very hard earned american cash, which I will blow at the strip club or on your girlfriends/wives when I shower her with five dollar bills - cuz it's classy.

tbh I actually agree with humors. While Mike earning more money would be cool, turning this into a game based on how big your wallet is would be stupid.

I do like the idea that you could spend a few VIP days to temporarily increase your manager rank slightly (in terms of the FA list) for like a day though. I don't see the harm in that.

real money to buy fighters = farmville/mafia wars/zynga/facebook.

u may think that's silly now...but just wait.

when does it stop? soon people suggest buying "between-rounds boosts" for ur fighters...or pops, or morale boosts or this or that...blah, blah, blah. bullshit u say? well, just a little while ago, someone suggested vip/ingame money exchanges. it took a while to come to that point. prolly some facebook gamer of some sort...maybe not. now look, not even 6 months later, people talkin' bout buying fighters n' shit.

i luv ya chris...but no. i too don't like to see my fighters with anyone else, or fighters i like get "ruined" by another. if it's solely for preservation of the fighter (ur not gonna fight them again...ever) then...

how bout u throw down that $100 to speed up the process of programming the "fighter to coach/assistant/cornerman" idea to preserve our fighter's personalities/stories/careers/legacies? i would MUCH rather have that than this...

• Upvote 7

btw...anyone that uses the "it puts more money in mike tycoon's pocket" phrase...

we have this handy-dandy, new fangled contraption called a "donation button" right here. want mike t to get some extra cash? really? u care that much? feel free to donate as much as u see fit. just scroll to the bottom of the page.

• Upvote 3

Jbomb. I think you can draw a line in the sand where you don't go to that extreme. To me personally I dont pick up FA's so to me this makes zero difference. That being said as a top 50 manager I wouldn't care one bit if people wanted to pay money for fighters. But I do think there is a line that needs to be drawn. There is a huge difference between spending money for fighters and spending money for boosts to your stats. I would have a large problem with people getting a boost for money but that really isn't what is going on. Nor would i think anyone ever would agree to that unless they had a ton of money. Buying a fighter for money makes 0 difference in that fighters skills and that is why I have zero problem with it and yes people can donate to mike but a lot of people like to feel they are getting something in return even if it is just a fighter.

I dunno Jbomb I understand you don't want people to pay money for an advantage but to me I care 0 about this advantage because its not gonna make the fighter better. It just gives the option to new players or mid lvl players to get a good fighter.

Again I don't pick up FA's I feel no need for them so maybe I am all wrong. But i got to say thats a big leep from buying fighters to paying money to enhance skills.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

while i dont agree with the buying free agents i also dont think its good that top managers get first shot at them -- if anything is or gets done i think that free agents should be handled just like business's are done -- put in your bid and highest bidder of in game cash gets them -- you can always get in game cash by buying vip for people or just straight up buying in game cash

edited: also just because it doesnt affect you cause you dont get free agents isnt a reason not to care -- cause like its been mentioned this could and would lead to other stuff and would always come back to well we are able to do this or that so why not this or that now -- i have picked up free agents before but havent in a super long time nor do i think i would anymore i get much better satisfaction building and winning with my own guy

• Upvote 1

imo having game cash or vip time involved in free agents is stupid.

how about a lottery system, where the higher in rank you are the more entries you can use per month. then people enter as many of their tickets as they want for a fighter, to increase their odds. i think that's been brought up before (maybe even in this thread, but i didn't read all of it).

while i dont agree with the buying free agents i also dont think its good that top managers get first shot at them -- if anything is or gets done i think that free agents should be handled just like business's are done -- put in your bid and highest bidder of in game cash gets them -- you can always get in game cash by buying vip for people or just straight up buying in game cash

edited: also just because it doesnt affect you cause you dont get free agents isnt a reason not to care -- cause like its been mentioned this could and would lead to other stuff and would always come back to well we are able to do this or that so why not this or that now -- i have picked up free agents before but havent in a super long time nor do i think i would anymore i get much better satisfaction building and winning with my own guy

Thats just assuming this will lead to more things happening. Who's to say it just doesn't end here. Why does it need to go farther or will ever go any farther then this. Personally i could have seen this done a long time ago. Again it really plays 0 barring on the game. There is a huge difference between buying fighters and buying stats. One doesn't need to lead to the other.

But I agree fully with your comment about bidding on fighters. Although it does give a huge advantage to org owners because they usually have a ton of money. But its much better then the current system. I may not get FA's but I still think the current system has a lot to be desired. I don't believe that it should be from the top manager down to get FA's. To me personally I think it should be the worst manager gets first pick at FA's and up from that. Who needs the fighter more a top 10 manager or a 2000th ranked manager. But no one is gonna be on board with that. So I am all for PBR's idea. Anything to stop people from sacking there fighter in hopes of getting someone better and if not just getting there old fighter back. I just don't like that at all. Any way to decrease the chance of that i am all for

• Downvote 1

I think the top managers should still have a leg up on getting first dibs only because you will see a lot of top fighters on the FA market end up on an inactive managers roster and be ruined. I like the bidding option, but another option would be to go on a waiver like system such as what the pro sports leagues in the US use. But instead of the worst getting first dibs, it stays as the best. Once you bid and get a FA, you go to the end of the line. This way, eventually everyone who is active and puts in a claim will get a fighter they want.

(I have no idea how easy or hard the coding would be with the waiver option, but it really isn't all that much different than it is now. Just those awarded a fighter get dropped to the back of the manager list)

• Upvote 1

thats pretty much what I've been saying the whole time. It should be a bidding system. Whether in-game or real cash. The issue is that if we're going to get cash in the equation (by paying VIP for in-game money) honestly I'd rather Mike get the money than anyone else. In that case you might as well just allow cash bidding, with a real dollars to in-game dollars exchange rate.