Where does Jon Jones go from here?

Henderson has a chance against anyone. He's old, slow, and his chin isn't what it used to be. I still think he has one or two wars left in him. I don't see him beating Jones, but I would love it if he did. If Jones beats Henderson, he will have arguably the two most impressive years in MMA. Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, and Henderson. That is an impressive resume.

You can't rule out Gustaffson either, at least he isn't going to suffer as much from the reach problems that others do. He's also developing his striking very nicely and getting very good at getting in and out. He could end up being Jones' Kryptonite.

That being said whether or not Gustaffson will be able to pressure him enough early to get him out of there I'm not sure and if he can't he'll probably be quickly on his back and getting finished shortly after. Gustaffson probably doesn't have the wrestling to win by any way other than an early knockout.

It is getting to the point of struggling to see many that can really challenge him but I don't see him going to HW for a while, probably not for at least 3 years. They'll need to find plenty of opponents in that time.

Henderson has a chance against anyone. He's old, slow, and his chin isn't what it used to be. I still think he has one or two wars left in him. I don't see him beating Jones, but I would love it if he did. If Jones beats Henderson, he will have arguably the two most impressive years in MMA. Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, and Henderson. That is an impressive resume.

who would have an impressive year beating old guys, Shogon just came off surgery, Machida soft chin, Rampage hasn't been the same since he did A-team, got lazy, dont train. I take nothing nothing from Jones skills but he has yet to face someone other than Evans Who is at their prime and is game and can bring it to him. Also Jones should be fighting at HW not LH. Thats one thing I think the ufc should change. If a guy has to cut 18 or more pounds to be at a weight class he is fighting in, thee he should not be allowed to fight and force to fight at his natural weight class.

You can't rule out Gustaffson either, at least he isn't going to suffer as much from the reach problems that others do. He's also developing his striking very nicely and getting very good at getting in and out. He could end up being Jones' Kryptonite.

That being said whether or not Gustaffson will be able to pressure him enough early to get him out of there I'm not sure and if he can't he'll probably be quickly on his back and getting finished shortly after. Gustaffson probably doesn't have the wrestling to win by any way other than an early knockout.

It is getting to the point of struggling to see many that can really challenge him but I don't see him going to HW for a while, probably not for at least 3 years. They'll need to find plenty of opponents in that time.

I believe these two train together and if that's true then, that fight wont happen unless someone leaves their training camp.

If Phil Davis covers the loop holes in his game then I would say he has the style to cause Jones problem but, I don't see Davis fighting him anytime soon.

What about mousassi ?

I'm not sure about his wrestling but i know the guy is not afraid to exchange and will put pressure on him.

If it was just standing I think Mousasi could get to him, he can get really aggressive and wouldn't get scared. Problem is his wrestling sucks and he knows it. When he tries to stop tds his striking goes south badly (and he won't stop them anyway).

If a guy has to cut 18 or more pounds to be at a weight class he is fighting in, thee he should not be allowed to fight and force to fight at his natural weight class.

Honestly i feel they should do weight-in 1-2 hour before the fight, i think it's killing the sport.

If it was just standing I think Mousasi could get to him, he can get really aggressive and wouldn't get scared. Problem is his wrestling sucks and he knows it. When he tries to stop tds his striking goes south badly (and he won't stop them anyway).

Mousassi issue with takedown isn't single leg or double leg takedowns?

I feel he can do well to prevent trip takedown.

Not really sure but looks like perfect against jones.

who would have an impressive year beating old guys, Shogon just came off surgery, Machida soft chin, Rampage hasn't been the same since he did A-team, got lazy, dont train. I take nothing nothing from Jones skills but he has yet to face someone other than Evans Who is at their prime and is game and can bring it to him. Also Jones should be fighting at HW not LH. Thats one thing I think the ufc should change. If a guy has to cut 18 or more pounds to be at a weight class he is fighting in, thee he should not be allowed to fight and force to fight at his natural weight class.

I've always thought fighters should weigh in moments before the fight in combat sports but I guess they need to have the time to sort out the fines/confirm whether the fight will go ahead etc if someone misses weight. There'd probably be health implications too of people still trying to cut weight shortly before the fight as well.

No doubt there's probably a lot more detailed logic as to why the weigh ins are a day earlier but personally I've never really agreed with it.

Jones is far from the biggest culprit though, he probably is cutting 20 pounds or so, but some have them have been known to do double that and even people in the lighter classes like Maynard cuts probably more than 20. It does make the weight classes a bit of a farce in my opinion. I guess there is the argument that everyone can do it so it's not an advantage, but can everyone do it? Some bodies probably don't cut as well as others for reasons again beyond my intelligence.

Either way whoever Jones fights I'll be backing his opponent, can't even put my finger on it but everytime he fights I like him less, I'm probably just subconciously jealous!

There isn't much after Hendo, although if I were to guess, the next number one contender fight will be Gustafson vs Ryan Bader...after that you have Stephan Bonnar on a three fight win streak, maybe they'll throw him in against Phil Davis.

As far as new blood, there is one guy people have been really high on...Glover Teixeira 16-2, he'll be fighting Kingsbury...so hopefully he lives up to the hype.

I'm not sure why so many people are high on Mousasi...he's probably one of the best LHW's outside of the UFC, but he's so flat footed and lethargic...plus he was taken down at will by King Mo(who is more of a MW), I think he'd really struggle in the UFC.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=mma&id=10664

Pretty good article on Jones. I think it is inevitable that he moves to HW. He is still going to be young 10 years from now, ya know.

he needs an entire year of doing nothing but leg presses and calf raises for 10 hours a day first.

Him going to HW is a joke. He seems to want to do the Andersn Silva way of going to 205. Which is fight a bum just to pretend you can hang at that weight and not really fight anyone. IF he ever fights at HW it will be to fight a cherry picked fight. If he isnt going to HW to compete and go after the belt he needs to stay his ass at 205. Find another way of getting attention. The problem he will have at HW is the same he hs at 205. He has no power at all in his strikes even by 205 standards. HWs wont respect his strikign at all and getting down bigger guys wont be easy. HE punches like a girl and we havent even seen his take punches from 205 guys so we dont know about his chin. We have seen him in a bad position vs 205 guys so we dont know how he does there. Like Silva he can beat lots of guys at HW but there will be lots of guys who will smash him when he cant walk over them like he does 205 guys.

If he is serious about moving up lets cut to the chase. Jon Jones vs Cain Valezquez or Santos. Jones gets smashed in fact he would never move up to take those fights. He only wants fights like Rothwell. Basically slow moving punching bags who cant hit him. No thanks Jones, you stay at 205 and defend the title you pud!

I'd rather see him fight heavyweight stiffs, than the best light heavies. He is simply too big and too good for 205. His power would increase with another 45 lbs on his frame, and he will still have a reach advantage on everyone in the HW division.

I'd rather see him fight heavyweight stiffs, than the best light heavies. He is simply too big and too good for 205. His power would increase with another 45 lbs on his frame, and he will still have a reach advantage on everyone in the HW division.

lol he is already 220 during the fight. There is no way he can put on 45 lbs and have his speed. He would just be slow and have no power. Also just because you can see anyon ebeating him doesnt mean he cant be beat. People couldnt see anyone beating Machida until Shogu smashed him. People couldnt see Nog losing when Fedor smashed him. Same for Fedor, Cro Cop in the UFC. The same was being said about Silva when Sonnen rode him like a horse outside a Dollar Store. Fighters shouldnt leave divisions just because some fans dont like the fights that are immediately present. Changing weight class' ruin careers. I will quote Rich Franklin when he cleaned out 185 and people wanted him to move up. "It wont be long and i will have all the competition i can handle. I dont have to go looking for a tough fight, that fight will find me." In less than a year Anderson Silva busted on the scene and smashed franklin. Silva was a under dog because casual fans "couldnt see him putting up a fight".

lol he is already 220 during the fight. There is no way he can put on 45 lbs and have his speed. He would just be slow and have no power. Also just because you can see anyon ebeating him doesnt mean he cant be beat. People couldnt see anyone beating Machida until Shogu smashed him. People couldnt see Nog losing when Fedor smashed him. Same for Fedor, Cro Cop in the UFC. The same was being said about Silva when Sonnen rode him like a horse outside a Dollar Store. Fighters shouldnt leave divisions just because some fans dont like the fights that are immediately present. Changing weight class' ruin careers. I will quote Rich Franklin when he cleaned out 185 and people wanted him to move up. "It wont be long and i will have all the competition i can handle. I dont have to go looking for a tough fight, that fight will find me." In less than a year Anderson Silva busted on the scene and smashed franklin. Silva was a under dog because casual fans "couldnt see him putting up a fight".

Damn you really hate jon jones. i think the msin reason he wants or needs to move up is because he is only going to get bigger. and yes maybe he does not have the most power in his strikes but neither does silva (although silva is reasonably good)it is more there ability to mix it up and do something new which helps and lets not forget the technical (or unorthodox in jones case but technical no the less) ability's.

No problem. I think they both held back and if you watched the fight it was more of sparring session. I have seen both fighters when they fight other fighters and last night was like we have to fight but we not going to go at 100%.

Watch when Jones fight Hendo and look at how he will attack him. There was too much respect in that ring last night. No-one wanted to finish the other guy or hurt him. Jones even confirm it when he said I'm glad none of us got hurt. Speaking about him and Evans and I knew this would happen. Same with Fitch and Kos. They would never fight and if they do that's whats going to happen.

I disagree, if your not trying to hurt your opponent your not going to be hitting him with elbows, they were both going hard.

Jones said after the fight he walks around at 235, so he cuts 30 and not 20. Seems about the average. He also said before the fight he wanted a hw fight by the end of this year. Dana said there are enough contenders he won't think about offering a hw fight at this time.

Key word Dana said. He will say anything to hype up a fight, but truth be told the only guy who could give jones a run for his oney got beat so there is real threat to jones. Unless some young gun with TD and crisp striking will beat jones but other than that the Hendo fight is just a win for jones. unless Jones stands in front of Hend with his hands down which i dont see happening.

Him going to HW is a joke. He seems to want to do the Andersn Silva way of going to 205. Which is fight a bum just to pretend you can hang at that weight and not really fight anyone. IF he ever fights at HW it will be to fight a cherry picked fight. If he isnt going to HW to compete and go after the belt he needs to stay his ass at 205. Find another way of getting attention. The problem he will have at HW is the same he hs at 205. He has no power at all in his strikes even by 205 standards. HWs wont respect his strikign at all and getting down bigger guys wont be easy. HE punches like a girl and we havent even seen his take punches from 205 guys so we dont know about his chin. We have seen him in a bad position vs 205 guys so we dont know how he does there. Like Silva he can beat lots of guys at HW but there will be lots of guys who will smash him when he cant walk over them like he does 205 guys.

If he is serious about moving up lets cut to the chase. Jon Jones vs Cain Valezquez or Santos. Jones gets smashed in fact he would never move up to take those fights. He only wants fights like Rothwell. Basically slow moving punching bags who cant hit him. No thanks Jones, you stay at 205 and defend the title you pud!

As much as i would like jones to fight in the HW where he should be fighting, he will get destroyed and broken in peices. Barry woud kick him and his legs back to 205 in peices. Ad for him wanting to fight silva I say forget it. Silva will wipe the floor with him and evans at the same timewithout beaking a sweat.

Key word Dana said. He will say anything to hype up a fight, but truth be told the only guy who could give jones a run for his oney got beat so there is real threat to jones. Unless some young gun with TD and crisp striking will beat jones but other than that the Hendo fight is just a win for jones. unless Jones stands in front of Hend with his hands down which i dont see happening.

I agree. I interpreted Dana's claiming Jones had to beat the many contenders waiting in line before thinking about moving up as him not wanting his new golden boy to risk getting his ass kicked. Jones wants to do it and Dana won't risk letting it happen.

Damn you really hate jon jones. i think the msin reason he wants or needs to move up is because he is only going to get bigger. and yes maybe he does not have the most power in his strikes but neither does silva (although silva is reasonably good)it is more there ability to mix it up and do something new which helps and lets not forget the technical (or unorthodox in jones case but technical no the less) ability's.

saying silva i not good is like saying rice isnt white. How does someone without power back peddle and knock someone out that was never done in the history of any sports by a punch and you say silva doesnt have power. Have you watched any of silvas fights out side of the ufc where in one fight he knocked a guy out with a elbow to the face. Silva will kck anyone out if he chooses to at any given day. Silva would put a bad beating on GSP and Jones and it wont be funny. the rematch will see Silva at 100% destroying Stale sonnen and they are going to hace whts lefof him after silva gets through th him.