Where does Jon Jones go from here?

Interesting. I actually think Jones would destroy Silva. Curious, Legendary, how do you think Spider hurts Jones?

I'm a Silva fan, but I can't think of any way he can cause damage. I could see Spider winning by submission, but if you are on the ground with Jones you are gonna take punishment.

It's gonna be fun to see how Bones takes his first legit loss. It isn't coming from Dan Henderson though.

Silva would let you hit him beacuse he konws you wont hurt him and what other fightes have not realise is that by hitiing silva that you are also in range to get hit. By he time they figure this out its too late and they get their ass handed to them broken nose, jaw, etc.

Best P4P fighter on the world.

Jones will never be anything like silva. not even close to it.

Jones is just a guy who is young and the ufcis hyping him up by fighting guys who are old overhyped and Lazy.

Let him call out JDS and see what happens. No wait I would not do that if I were you Jones.

Imo, he can't hit Jones, and Jones will never get close for the sake of striking. Jones seems to have no problem sitting back and pecking away out of reach. Silva does the same thing with fighters he has the size advantage over. It would probably be a boring fight until the point it went to the ground.

I do agree that Silva wipes the floor with Sonnen next time around. Also agree Silva is best p4p, but Aldo, Cruz, and Jones are coming strong.

Damn you really hate jon jones. i think the msin reason he wants or needs to move up is because he is only going to get bigger. and yes maybe he does not have the most power in his strikes but neither does silva (although silva is reasonably good)it is more there ability to mix it up and do something new which helps and lets not forget the technical (or unorthodox in jones case but technical no the less) ability's.

Because i am realitic that some how means i dont like Jones. Right, lol. I dont really any feelings for one one way or the other. I lean more towards liking him than not liking him. I have really no opinion on him in that regards. I just think real MMA fans would have learned by now to stop nutriding fighters. It is embarracing. Jones has strength and weakness'. I have never denied any of his strengths maybe you guys should acknowledge his weakness' or unknown abilities rather than act like school girls over everyone who puts a win streak together.

Second you guys are the ones wanting him to move up and leave a class he in winning. You guys are the ones who want to see him beat and humbled. If i hated him i would encourage him to go up and get smashed. With an unbiased view it isnt smart of him to move up. If you have to label me a hater then so be it.

Imo, he can't hit Jones, and Jones will never get close for the sake of striking. Jones seems to have no problem sitting back and pecking away out of reach. Silva does the same thing with fighters he has the size advantage over. It would probably be a boring fight until the point it went to the ground.

I do agree that Silva wipes the floor with Sonnen next time around. Also agree Silva is best p4p, but Aldo, JDS, GSP as much as I hate him but have to give him his due, Cruz, and Jones are coming strong.

When talking about Jones I wouldnt say g

strong but he is slowly coming by beating guys who arnt even good but a couple more bums and that should do it for him un less the same thing that happen to the machine punchiing bag in his last fight got a guy he should have had no problem dispatching and got he sirprize of his life.

I disagree, if your not trying to hurt your opponent your not going to be hitting him with elbows, they were both going hard.

I agree with legend here. It was a sparrign session. What does elbows have to do with anything? First you are putting way to muc drama into elbows. It is extremely hard to KO someone with elbows even on the ground. These guys punch and kick each other all the time in training all of which are more likely to sepperate you from consiousness than a elbow. These guys had no killing insticnt and it happens everytime friends fights each other which is why i dont care to see it. Go watch Rashad vs Rampage when he rocked him at the star of the fight. He was all over him like a cheap suit. Both of these guys just looked at each other after every landed strike. It looked like a point karate match. Neither guy went for it like they have shown in every other fight. I dont think it was purposely done but they are friends in the back of their mind and it really showed in the fight.

I agree a little BSmasher. However, I think it actually has more to do with the money at the ultra high levels of competition. Once you get to that level, you definitely are fighting not to lose. Silva is the best example, as his fights got ultra boring once he made it elite. The young guys coming up the ranks have nothing to lose, they aren't making millions of dollars anyway. Jon Jones gets more boring every fight he goes, and the more money he makes. Why would he want to risk losing the cash cow that is his streak by making a risky, exciting move? Fight of the night or KO Bonuses don't mean shit compared to the millions you make staying unbeaten and sponsorship deals.

I agree a little BSmasher. However, I think it actually has more to do with the money at the ultra high levels of competition. Once you get to that level, you definitely are fighting not to lose. Silva is the best example, as his fights got ultra boring once he made it elite. The young guys coming up the ranks have nothing to lose, they aren't making millions of dollars anyway. Jon Jones gets more boring every fight he goes, and the more money he makes. Why would he want to risk losing the cash cow that is his streak by making a risky, exciting move? Fight of the night or KO Bonuses don't mean shit compared to the millions you make staying unbeaten and sponsorship deals.

Evans vs Rampage was a MUCH bigger event than this ever was. It was for the title with real drama. With all the same things riding on the line and Evans still went for the kill on someone he was less likely to finish and just waste energy. Not to be rude but all those are excuses. The two guys dont reallt hate each other. If they did Evans had more reason to pounce on Jones chin he called weak leading up to the fight. If like two brothers fighting as kids. The may hit each other and kick each other but they dont go after each other with serious intent to hurt each other and that is how everyone fights in a real fight. Everyone tries to do the most damage possible and these two were trying to do the least damage possible and still win.

Jones gets more borin every fight because he is fighting better people. His crappy power dpoent put away top guys like it did when he fought bums. He doesnt have much striking. He has reach and can hit you but unless you are real slow and he can hit you with a knee or somethinghe cant hurt you. Thats why when he got someone who was also fast with some wrestling he couldnt put Evans away.

I disagree, if your not trying to hurt your opponent your not going to be hitting him with elbows, they were both going hard.

i know fights and i can tell you the way they fought they both held back. when one had the other hurt he backs off. yea right. why didnt jones did that in the machida fight when he had him hurt. thats right he jumpe off over machida and chocked him ut then drop him on the floor. if he wanted to finish evans he could have on numerious times in the fight and he didnt because he didnt wanted to hurt his friend and by him confirming at the pressconference after the fight so I know they werent ging hard bro. trust me on this.

I agree with legend here. It was a sparrign session. What does elbows have to do with anything? First you are putting way to muc drama into elbows. It is extremely hard to KO someone with elbows even on the ground. These guys punch and kick each other all the time in training all of which are more likely to sepperate you from consiousness than a elbow. These guys had no killing insticnt and it happens everytime friends fights each other which is why i dont care to see it. Go watch Rashad vs Rampage when he rocked him at the star of the fight. He was all over him like a cheap suit. Both of these guys just looked at each other after every landed strike. It looked like a point karate match. Neither guy went for it like they have shown in every other fight. I dont think it was purposely done but they are friends in the back of their mind and it really showed in the fight.

they even said they didnt want to fight each other which i agree on because this is what happen when you have friends fighting. they are going to fght but when they se they hurt one they are gong to back off enough so he can get his wilts back. a guy who wantd to finish a fight dont say after the fight that Im glad none of us got hurt refering to Jones and evans. when Jones was asked after the machida fight if he knew he was out he yea yeah i knew he was out i felt his body go limp and he just dropped him. he didnt say im glad Machida didnt get hurt he was saying i fininsh him. just as when evans fought rampage he was going for the fininsh and he said he wanted to fininsh rampage so i know these guysere not going to go hard.

Interesting. I actually think Jones would destroy Silva. Curious, Legendary, how do you think Spider hurts Jones?

I'm a Silva fan, but I can't think of any way he can cause damage. I could see Spider winning by submission, but if you are on the ground with Jones you are gonna take punishment.

It's gonna be fun to see how Bones takes his first legit loss. It isn't coming from Dan Henderson though.

I think the real question is how does jones stop silva from destroying him. the answer dont fight him. i dont know how much you follow sports but i can tell you this. hyped up kimbo will never beat an ok boxers. he would get his ass handed to him the same way jones will get his by silva.

you realize jones hasnt fought anyone other than a bunch of guys who used to be good. Well it take years of experince to see that. just becaue he beat a few has been champs makes him good. nope. the ufc did a fine job selling jones as a elite fighter to fools who dont know a real fighter from a has been when he hasnt beaten any elite fighter yet. If you know about sport. name me one guy other than evans that Jones beat that wasnt a has been, old butters, overhyped bader, Lazy rampage mr i dont like trainging but want to get better pay, soft chin machida,that should narrow things down for you. name me one please.(elite fighterhe has beat)

Silva would KO Jones on the feet. imo Jones could beat Silva but he would have to wrestling rape him. Be might be able to get some elbows through Silva guard but he isnt going to do anything on the feet vs Silva. Jones can play games with slow wrestlers and short guys like Evans. But Silva has speed and reach. He also is one of the most accurate strikers. It is crazy to think Silva couldnt hit him or hurt him on the feet just because Jones has reach. Others who are not even close to Silva's level have hit Jones before so i think it is safe to say Silva would land on him to just much more often. I would actually pick Jones to win if they fought because of the size and the wrestling. But he isnt going to have any success on the feet.

lol you guys crack me up. I can't quite understand what you are typing, but I understand English isn't everyones first language. I don't want to make you feel bad for that, as I also like Brazilian fighters.

Maybe Jones would have more power if you wasnt tugging on his testicles. Can anyone worship at the temple of Jon Jones? Or is it a one man congregation?

For me Bones vs Silva would be the dream fight of today but Im pretty sure that ain't going to happen for a while, if ever.

As for the Jones vs Hendo fight I gotta take my hat off to Dan. Hes fearless and will take on _anyone_ in the world. Gotta respect that. That said Im sure hes going to get mauled here. H-bomb is one of his only chances if it lands properly but i don't see that happening.

Maybe Jones would have more power if you wasnt tugging on his testicles. Can anyone worship at the temple of Jon Jones? Or is it a one man congregation?

this guy brandonrh76 must be Jon Jones personal nut sucker. Anyone saids anything to do with Jones hurts his feelings. I do laugh at that. ahahahahahah

So what you're saying is Jon Jones sucks because he hasn't fought anyone good. That means nobody in the 205 class is any good. But if people want him to try another division, they are idiots.

Makes perfect sense. Like I said, I don't want to argue with people who don't use English as their native language. I don't mean that as an insult at all. I'm sure if I was trying to speak in Portugese you couldn't understand me either. I'm sure this is just a language barrier thing.

So what you're saying is Jon Jones sucks because he hasn't fought anyone good. That means nobody in the 205 class is any good. But if people want him to try another division, they are idiots.

Makes perfect sense. Like I said, I don't want to argue with people who don't use English as their native language. I don't mean that as an insult at all. I'm sure if I was trying to speak in Portugese you couldn't understand me either. I'm sure this is just a language barrier thing.

nothing you say makes any sense and you sound like a kid with no brain. maybe you should look where you put it before you open your mouth and say dumb shit. If you are not educated about a topic, instead of making yourself looo

k stupid, how about just say you know nothng about sports and stop being dumb. try it. I wasnt trying to be insulting I just hate when people talk about stuff they do not know and you come across as one of those people.

Really shocked that Henderson is getting written off by everyone.

A prime Silva would maul Jones in the first round. Rashad had Jones stumbling back on occasion. I'm pretty sure Silva hits harder than Rashad. I do not want to see that fight though, as it would be devestating to Jones' young career.

Heavyweight is a bad idea, he needs to stay where he's at. Chuck dominated for quite a while and appeared unbeatable, until he wasn't. One fight can change the landscape of a division, so let's not pretend that Jones has done it all at 205. No one has ever done it all, and just when you think they have, they lose.

so what im getting from everyone is that Jones would do 0 leg training if he moved up to heavyweight? shoot if he did any leg work for a long period of time he would probably be at least 245. while he wouldnt dominate hw like he can lhw, its a better class of opponents then what lhw has. i want to see good fights, not 25 minutes of running in circles with occasional exchanges. I WANT A FIGHT. is that so wrong?

• Upvote 1

saying silva i not good is like saying rice isnt white. How does someone without power back peddle and knock someone out that was never done in the history of any sports by a punch and you say silva doesnt have power. Have you watched any of silvas fights out side of the ufc where in one fight he knocked a guy out with a elbow to the face. Silva will kck anyone out if he chooses to at any given day. Silva would put a bad beating on GSP and Jones and it wont be funny. the rematch will see Silva at 100% destroying Stale sonnen and they are going to hace whts lefof him after silva gets through th him.

let me break down all the things wrong with your post. One i never said silva has no power a said he does not have the most power but power none the less i would say guys like Nate the great and vitor belfort have more raw power and athleticisum than silva. Two silvas backpedling TKO (it was not a ko griffan was still awake) was more the fact that forest was runing at him and it was perfectly timed and well placed plus it was not the only one in fighting sports history which leads me to question your combat sports nolige. Three knocking sombody out with a well placed elbow is not that hardand yes i saw the elbow was and uppercut elbow in cage rage (or KOTC not completely sure) it like the backpedling punch was both well timed and placed which is why the guy was knocked out. Four no silva will and could not destroy Jones or GSP. For jones it would be hard to over come his reach and unorthadox striking and dont forget the fact that jones is really big and very fast for his size (well he is just fast in general) and has a great wrestling pedagree and wont let silva go easaly. with GSP he has a great Karate back groud he is faster and has great take downs and strength. and by the way i am a huge silva fan so u cant say im just hating im just using facts.