I Guess I'll Point This Out...

The only thing I can say with this new change is there will be a lot of gyms that will have to close that can't afford the changes, and I sure hope we get a huge amount of new managers and hope they go VIP plus purchase all 5 fighter slots. With the amount of fighters in each city some cities will only need like 3-5 gyms now!

This is definitely going to change things and as of right now I'm not sure for the good or bad. I'm always game for changes and hope this is something that improves the all around game, but I've got a feeling it may hurt the game for a few months or longer.

The only thing I can say with this new change is there will be a lot of gyms that will have to close that can't afford the changes, and I sure hope we get a huge amount of new managers and hope they go VIP plus purchase all 5 fighter slots. With the amount of fighters in each city some cities will only need like 3-5 gyms now!

This is definitely going to change things and as of right now I'm not sure for the good or bad. I'm always game for changes and hope this is something that improves the all around game, but I've got a feeling it may hurt the game for a few months or longer.

i don't think that's true at all. i think more people will create gyms, since they'll be more viable for income, and all the shitty gyms out there (dirty with poor equipment, etc) will end up closing because fighters will have good quality options available. i don't think this will force people out of business in the least, unless they already deserve it by offering a shitty product and the only reason they haven't gone out of business yet is purely because people don't have a good alternative.

Looks like Gyms become a lot more complicated and hands on. Which suck for those just running them to help and Org adn dont knwo what the hell they are doing like me lol.

Retired fighters doing seminars on Sundays. << that there sounds good if we can pick one of our own fighters to retire. i have a 34 year old that these changes are just gonna kill so need to get the retired fighters for seminars n coaches etc.

It sounds like private gyms are becoming even more of a money sink but also this effects public gyms also with coaches demanding more money etc it was near impossible to run a public gym before having to fire and rehire coaches could be a killer.

Issue: "Fighters have too much money and nothing to spend it on".

Solution: I will be implementing a system whereby fighters have expectations about how much money they should have, given their fighting history and status. If they don't have enough money they will get annoyed. If they have more than they should, they'll get a morale boost and possibly a self confidence boost. <<<< i heard about this a while back. with the recent game changes people are gonna have to take there fighters money more often than not to pay for there private gyms otherwise private gyms could only be afforded by the megarich atm or org owners.

top level improvements have been slowed down marginally <<< how much is marginally? like 2 or 3 more sessions to pop? or 9 or 10?

This I dont understand.

Group Sizes

"The curve for the impact of group sizes has been altered. Group sizes of 1 to 6 have been sped up, as you can see on the graph below. Previously, it was always better to go 1 on 1 with the coach. That's still normally the case but if you can get training with one training partner who is significantly better than you, that's now very marginally the best training possible".

Then in the picture it says "You can now actually get better training with one quality training partner than you can one o one with the coach".

The picture shows 0 training partners and a higher and lower level of training that meets where it says 1 training partner. How can there be a diffrence in having 0 training partners and 0 training partners??

If it was a diffrence in having 1 training partner that was good and 1 that was bad it would have made sense but 0 doesn't make sense too me.

Regards

/Ztarken

the top level improvements have been slowed down marginally

So who doesnt have elites now wont get them later, time to kick up the sparring till it works.

• Downvote 2

@ztarken, I understand the confusion - it's just impossible to draw the graph the more logical way of explaining it.... basically it's the entire line from 1 training partner onwards that would be moving up and down, depending on the training partners you train with. You're correct in saying that the 0 point cannot move specifically, it's just a lot messier to draw the graph with a big fat shaded area for after 0 training partners, so it's easier to draw it relatively speaking.

Damn, it's even hard to explain :P

- Retired fighters doing seminars on Sundays.

Can you elaborate on this? Is this already retired fighters or guys currently on our roster or what?

You would retire your fighter but keep him in the roster. I don't think we'd be able to pluck people out of retirement that are already retired.

• Upvote 1

@ztarken, I understand the confusion - it's just impossible to draw the graph the more logical way of explaining it.... basically it's the entire line from 1 training partner onwards that would be moving up and down, depending on the training partners you train with. You're correct in saying that the 0 point cannot move specifically, it's just a lot messier to draw the graph with a big fat shaded area for after 0 training partners, so it's easier to draw it relatively speaking.

Damn, it's even hard to explain :P

Ok 2 things.

1. Couldn't you just draw 2 curves that represents the new training changes and a shaded area in between them. The lower curve should be with "bad training partners" and the higher with "better training partners". And leave the third curve be ofcourse with the old training.

2. Just to clarify, what is better 1 on 1 with coach or 2 fighters with 1 coach where one fighters is way better. I am asking for the lower skilled fighter. What does he gain the most from? Training alone with coach or with a coach and better skilled training partner 2 on 1?

Regards

/Ztarken

Don't make assumptions please.

Im just going from the "Training at a lower level has been sped up fairly significantly and the top level improvements have been slowed down marginally,..." quote so I dont see what Im assuming (aside from assuming that the quoted sentece is correct). Awesome changes otherwise.

I haven't sorted out the actual numbers yet Xyel but I would hope that it wouldn't make any difference because you won't have to worry about maintenance, so ultimately with less / no losses, you'll get to the same place.

@ztarken, I will see if I can draw a different graph later.

I haven't sorted out the actual numbers yet Xyel but I would hope that it wouldn't make any difference because you won't have to worry about maintenance, so ultimately with less / no losses, you'll get to the same place.

That only applies to fighters who actually lose something from maintenance, so basically only fighters of "super veteran" managers - on my own example, I have been around for over two years, still got a fighter from the very first day and I got almost 0 skill loss to main skills to maintenance. So the tradeoff doesnt really apply and wont apply for a while (seriously, making all rounded fighters is not easy when they missed the old 1v1 training for whatever reason). So basically whoever has fighters above the skill level that gets speed increase and bellow the point of being currently wrecked by maintenance will be looking at net loss to the ability to catch up if there is any drop to gains per sessions at the top end.

I am sorry if I am being bitter but the last changes to training have really screwed me so I am not very optimistic about changes anymore.

• Downvote 1

It's hard to comment exactly on your situation having not done the calcs yet. It's possible that if you're approaching having to do maintenance with some actual losses but haven't actually got that far yet, then maybe you'll catch those guys up just as easily, because the slow down at the very top will affect them more than you. Having said that, nobody will be affected much.

It's hard to comment exactly on your situation having not done the calcs yet. It's possible that if you're approaching having to do maintenance with some actual losses but haven't actually got that far yet, then maybe you'll catch those guys up just as easily, because the slow down at the very top will affect them more than you. Having said that, nobody will be affected much.

Right now catching up is next to impossible, so "just as easily" translates to "never". Not to mention that the changes - as described - make sitting on elite primaries/secondaries easier but make it harder to actually get them so if anything it makes the catching up harder (slower high end training + weaker maintenance is basically going the exact opposite direction as the ones who benefit the most are the already triple elite guys).

• Downvote 1