George "the bore" St. Pierre

back in 2004 when gsp burst on the scene he was my favorite fighter , he was dynamic non stop and always trying to stop the fight , but since he lost to matt serra he has become a safety first fighter and a boring fighter .

he's a better fighter since he lost to serrA and went to train with greg jackson , but imo he;s lost that spark that made him my favorite fighter , and now has become the most efficient takedown and secure the win fighter ever

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like Anderson Silva, he's the champ, it's up to the contenders to take it to him. All of them have miserably and utterly failed up to now. You're just a hater.

i'm not a hater .

i don't hate gsp i just think he's become a safety first fighter since he lost to serra , you have to admit he's not the same fighter that ran through karo , and prat and herrion and then then sherk etc .

that gsp was the moment entertaining fighter in the division ever , the current gsp is the hardest to beat

I agree that his fights are not that exciting like they once were.

Maybe it's because of the high quality of his opponents?

no i think it's more his mind set i think he thought he was invincible before the serra fight , i know i did . since the lose i think he's taking the safer option a lot of the time to try and reduce the chances of the opponent getting lucky on him

I have never liked GSP and even I find such claims ridiculous and absurd. He finished Hughes and Serra, back to back. B.J. Penn is black belt in BJJ and never been rendered actually unconscious (against Hughes he was more stuck and gassed than anything else). The only thing that made that fight boring was that GSP was so far above him and kicked his ass to the point that he didn't even remember the 3rd or 4th rounds. We were mostly likely denied a finish because Penn quit on the stool, hardly GSP's fault against a guy rather difficult to finish. Against Fitch, the guy just had an iron jaw and showed amazing heart. It was a great fight, far from boring, but again, the talent gap was just too wide. Alves isn't exactly a walk in the park and many people saw him being the guy to dethrone GSP, anyways.

he took serra and hughes down stayed in their guard for way longer than he needed to , and wore them down safely .

and like i said "i think he's taking the safer option a lot of the time to try and reduce the chances of the opponent getting lucky on him "

GSP has and always will be my favourite fighter, he is still pretty exciting to me, but what your saying, i think it is probably he has nothing to prove and doesnt want to slip up and lose another fluke fight like against Serra. As well he is still way more exciting then Anderson, honestly Anderson is starting to piss me off his fights are so shit, in a recent fight he even did a cross leg kick like in soccer. (look in youtube for a soccer cross leg)

he started turning it up towards the end -- i think he just wanted to control alves mainly -- alves was getting taken down easy but he was also getting up when gsp tried to work -- i think gsp was playing it smart and making sure to control and keep it on ground -- cause when he worked is when alves would get up -- smart game but not always the action packed

he took serra and hughes down stayed in their guard for way longer than he needed to , and wore them down safely .

and like i said "i think he's taking the safer option a lot of the time to try and reduce the chances of the opponent getting lucky on him "

I think its easier to wear someone down by takind them down than by brawling with them, right? :smile_anim:

In your next fight on here, put your equally balanced fighter up against a vicious boxer with KO power and set his tactics to stand up and keep to the inside.

And send me a link to the fight :mf_popcorn1:

dont think the fight would be in his favor -- gsp stuck to the game plan and did what he needed to do to make sure he won

I actually felt GSP was a fairly boring fighter in the beginning, and is just recently becoming a more exciting fighter. In the past he just took guys down, and GnP'd from inside the guard. Now he makes more attempts to pass guard and gain dominant positions.

To an extent, this was the classic striker vs grappler matchup--and those sort of matchups rarely produce exciting fights. Did George play it safe? I don't think so. He took the fight to the ground where he could dominate. He wasn't just trying to pin and hold Thiago down, he was working for the dominant positionand landing effective strikes. Standing with Thiago would have just been foolish tactically.

In your next fight on here, put your equally balanced fighter up against a vicious boxer with KO power and set his tactics to stand up and keep to the inside.

And send me a link to the fight :mf_popcorn1:

Yeah but its the exact same tactics he used against his opponent in his last fight, who has BJJ beyond the point that its even possible to get to in this game so far.

GSP is obviously extremely talented but I'd enjoy his fights a lot more if he wasn't so one-dimensional in his tactics, and finished fights more often. As it stands his dominance combined with his tactics makes for a bit of a dampner on the WW division IMO.

Yeah but its the exact same tactics he used against his opponent in his last fight, who has BJJ beyond the point that its even possible to get to in this game so far.

GSP is obviously extremely talented but I'd enjoy his fights a lot more if he wasn't so one-dimensional in his tactics, and finished fights more often. As it stands his dominance combined with his tactics makes for a bit of a dampner on the WW division IMO.

yea lets see gsp try that tactic with silva -- gsp is good as you say and i agree if he would finish more or push for the finish more -- but a lot of fighters make mistakes by going for the kill and not just the win.

I didn't think the fight was that boring

He had to keep alves down so couldn't go crazy as he still managed to power out from the bottom a couple of times

+ He hurt his groin in the 3rd so couldn't do much about it :)

the major difference I see, I GSP follows a plan now, it's not just go out there and kill, it's a methodical plan, that always works, where as just going out there and slugging it out has a good chance of you losing

the major difference I see, I GSP follows a plan now, it's not just go out there and kill, it's a methodical plan, that always works, where as just going out there and slugging it out has a good chance of you losing

exactly he didnt sway from the game plan at all -- you could hear jackson tell him what to do and he did it

God, these complaints are ridiculous. He fought with a pulled groin, for crying out loud. What makes these fights "boring" is that overall, their talent and physical attributes are nothing compared to his own. Still; Alves, Fitch, Penn, and Hughes are all tough individuals that have chins just as strong as his fists and exceptional submission defenses. MMA fans are impossible.

GSP: Unequaled talent, class act, but... "Waaa, he doesn't finish anymore!"

Fedor: Unequaled talent, class act, kills bitches dead, but... "Waaa, he's not fighting the top competition anymore!"

Brock: Amazing potential, kills bitches dead, demanded top competition, but... "Waaa, he gives no respect to people who shit on him!"*

Sylvia: Class act, finishes, fought whoever was in the division, but... "Waaa, he's a no-talent, fat piece of trash!"

Silva: Amazing talent, class act, cleaned out his division, infuriated at lack of competition, but... "Waaa, he's boring!"**

Machida: Amazing talent, class act, fights whoever Dana puts in front of him, but... "Waaa, he's boring!"***

Evans: Amazing talent, kills bitches dead, fights whoever Dana puts in front of him, but... "Waaa, he's cocky!"

Incredible.

* = Even turned down professional wrestling for less money to fight.

** = So are his opponents.

*** = He ends two fights and everybody's on the bandwagon.

machida ends three fights and everyone hopes on bandwagon well i cetainly didnt i still hate him, and he will get killed by Rampage if he is not already killed by shogun, as for your other things.

GSP: Great always exciting

Fedor: Good, wont come to UFC so cant really fight the top competition and as well i just hate him.

Brock: Piece of shit no skill hate him never deserved his title shot

Sylvia: straight up isnt that good

Silva: Stop pussy footing around and doing cross leg kicks and i like him

Machida: Hate him

Heath Herring, Randy Couture, and Frank Mir all have no skill to you?

If Brock Lesnar didn't deserve a title shot, Couture didn't deserve his first either as they had the same number of professional fights at time and beat one person worth a damn heading into their title fights.

some of you get what i'm saying didm is pretty much spot on , he has a methodical plan that is highly effective but it's not entertaining imo .

some don't Invictus as usual doesn't i'm not just talking about the alves fight i'm talking about since the first serra fight and a fighter . I don't want to see a quick ko or need fights being finished i just don't like how he's become a controlling fighter from an entertainment point of view i think he stay in gaurd a lot since the serra fight cause it's the safest position

i love mma but i watch it for entertaining and right now there are at least 20 fighters i'd rather see fight than gsp while back in the day he'd of been first on my list

Brock: Piece of shit no skill hate him never deserved his title shot

1998 NCAA Junior College Champion

2X Big Ten Champion

2000 NCAA Champion

106-5 College Wrestling Record

Now UFC Undisputed heavyweight champion with wins over Frank Mir, Heath Herring, and Randy Couture. You're right. He has no skills whatsoever.