Ascension Presents : The 3Million Dollar Tournament

Well i ended up making the finals as did Batts congrads. I am considering just giving you the prize money after that major fuck up tonight with the 2 nc's i am pretty much done with this game.

Nah, dont do such a thing. Fight the final and carry on going for crazy event records. This is a fuck up, but youll be back. Like fucking thrush.

what happened to auto flights not causing nc's? -- that sucks but dont worry dinooo its just like losing that big fight -- you feel down and out now but wont be so bad in day or two

Thing is i won my big fight. I mean thats got to be up there with upsets of the year. Perry beat the GOAT in Tonal and couldn't make it past the Welterweight has-been Crassus. I should prolly stop calling him that really since hes been my best fighter so far but this feels like getting kicked in the nuts.. then a football to the nuts and to finish it off someone twangs it right as it starts to feel better.

i notice bo's jet is in montreal and the two fighters that nc'ed are in montreal -- i know bo had issue before twice where for some reason his flight didnt take off but was booked (thus not allowing auto flights to kick in causing n/c) -- congrats on the big win though -- was a nice one for sure

Thing is i won my big fight. I mean thats got to be up there with upsets of the year. Perry beat the GOAT in Tonal and couldn't make it past the Welterweight has-been Crassus.

Gratz on the win, was nice fight. From my side, my biggest concern, and that was height difference came true. I missed 8 out of 8 td, you scored yours and that was it. When combining that with Benoit fight, and 9 missed td's in a row, it just makes smile come on my face...elite+ wrestler with elite- td just cant make it eh?

It isnt much of a big news to me, as in this one - http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=456520 my fighter with competent+ tdd stopped 12 out of 13 td attempts from elite wrestler. Is there more to be said than that? If you cant takedown someone with competent tdd on regular basis, what can you expect in higher echelons?

I don't mind anyway, was a good good run for two and a half years, but I'm pretty much done. Thanks to all who made this game enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

Gratz on the win, was nice fight. From my side, my biggest concern, and that was height difference came true. I missed 8 out of 8 td, you scored yours and that was it. When combining that with Benoit fight, and 9 missed td's in a row, it just makes smile come on my face...elite+ wrestler with elite- td just cant make it eh?

It isnt much of a big news to me, as in this one - http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=456520 my fighter with competent+ tdd stopped 12 out of 13 td attempts from elite wrestler. Is there more to be said than that? If you cant takedown someone with competent tdd on regular basis, what can you expect in higher echelons?

I don't mind anyway, was a good good run for two and a half years, but I'm pretty much done. Thanks to all who made this game enjoyable.

i agree with you takedowns sometimes are crazy and hard to get -- then sometimes they seem to easy -- they are very unpredictable -- one thing i noticed with lee is loss of all moral -- has his moral went that low every loss? -- a none confident fighter is harder to get takedowns with

example of one where seemed almost too easy http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=478191

example of where just doesnt make sense (their first fight) http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=410131 (landed 4 out of 7)

their second fight - http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=472334 (landed 3 out of 22)

After making his way through to the finals Marcus Crassus has finally spoken to the media today at Ascensions post fight presser.

Reporter - Crassus how does it feel to be one of the biggest under dogs before the tourney to now making it to the finals?

Crassus - Feels pretty good. I felt i needed to win the fight you know? My manager was going nuts over the NC's tonight. I was hoping if i win he would be happy.

Reporter - Was he?

Crassus - More shocked than anything else. We planned this to perfection i felt. We found out from the Tonal fight how Perry goes about on his back. We knew if we put him on his back he wasn't getting off it and we were right.

Reporter - Good Gameplan. Now you fight another old timer in Batts. How do you feel about fighting him?

Crassus - Dudes flat out scary. I think i will need to finish him if i am to be honest to win. We are both come back kids. Took a few months out and have ended up lighting a fire under everyones ass. Both are undefeated since coming back. It feels good.

Reporter - Talk us through the rest of your fights.

Crassus - Kafka was out of his depth in the fight. Second the fight hit the ground he was done for and even standing up i felt i had the edge on him. Was just glad to get that out the way but ended up fighting Demon. That fight was damn close. Guy has an awesome ground game but i felt i could edge him and i did. Gambler i thought wasn't that great on the ground. I knew he would try take me down also though. He managed to rock me in the second but i have big heart and ended up taking him down a few times. In the fourth round he took me down and i felt i would have to finish him. I ended up sinking in a triangle and switched it up into a triangle armbar. Seen it worked on Sonnen so i knew it would work on Gambler.

Reporter - Pretty detailed. Good luck in the rest of your fights.

i agree with you takedowns sometimes are crazy and hard to get -- then sometimes they seem to easy -- they are very unpredictable -- one thing i noticed with lee is loss of all moral -- has his moral went that low every loss? -- a none confident fighter is harder to get takedowns with

Well, moral loss is (also) connected with opponents hype(and length of fighters winning streak) and Crassus was way below Lee at the moment. But ye, his confidence isnt that high nevertheless, nor is his chin yet he managed to win against all LHW thrown against him except for McThornbody (well, was bit inexpirenced in that fight but nvm). Seems welterweight and HW spell his doom :rolleyes: It wasnt only td, sweeps and reversal didnt worked either but nevermind, opponent fighter was 6 years older, I'll look back when he reaches that age...

Anyway, enough with rambling, is there going to be fight for the 3rd place, as i notice 1 more fight on the contract? Perry-Taj al Din?

Well, moral loss is (also) connected with opponents hype(and length of fighters winning streak) and Crassus was way below Lee at the moment. But ye, his confidence isnt that high nevertheless, nor is his chin yet he managed to win against all LHW thrown against him except for McThornbody (well, was bit inexpirenced in that fight but nvm). Seems welterweight and HW spell his doom :rolleyes: It wasnt only td, sweeps and reversal didnt worked either but nevermind, opponent fighter was 6 years older, I'll look back when he reaches that age...

Anyway, enough with rambling, is there going to be fight for the 3rd place, as i notice 1 more fight on the contract? Perry-Taj al Din?

Would be a great fight.

Yeah, I don't know anything about this Crassus fella, but I didn't know much about anyone else in this tournament either. Seems like a decent guy, not someone I'd share a lid with or anything, but a decent dude. Ya know, I don't care who gets into that cage with me - when 3 million dollars are on the line, I'd fight my mother.

- Billy Batts after a sparring session at Convicted Fight Club

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this fight more than any other in my 3 years playing the game. Best of luck to you dude.

Same to you Soyster. Hopefully be an awesome fight. Beating Perry for me was the biggest win to date. After you beating guys like Norton, McThornbody and al Din to make it through to the finals i would say that if you lost it would be a major injustice but hell i need to save my ass 3mil.

Beating Perry for me was the biggest win to date. After you beating guys like Norton, McThornbody and al Din to make it through to the finals i would say that if you lost it would be a major injustice but hell i need to save my ass 3mil.

Fuck you! :P Nah, just kiddin, I had also my moment with Tonal. But Batts really put some names to his list. Good luck to both, I'll be rooting for the underdog. :) For those who care, Perry is scheduled to fight al Din, so we'll know whos 3rd and 4th in this awesome tourney.

Great names were inthere, some pretty epic fights were thrown, I expect final worthy of the tournament.

Fuck you! :P Nah, just kiddin, I had also my moment with Tonal. But Batts really put some names to his list. Good luck to both, I'll be rooting for the underdog. :) For those who care, Perry is scheduled to fight al Din, so we'll know whos 3rd and 4th in this awesome tourney.

Great names were inthere, some pretty epic fights were thrown, I expect final worthy of the tournament.

Yeah if Batts wins he will fight Archer for the 205 gold. If he loses then it will be the winner of al Din vs Perry for the Gold. If i somehow pull off the win... Sam Hall i am calling you out.