Why do i suck at MMA so much and how can I improve?

No, that's not the way to do it. If something makes you that miserable you quit doing it. Doing MMA obviously isn't very good for your health if you have to medicate due to it.

stop hating on the pure fellow

No, that's not the way to do it. If something makes you that miserable you quit doing it. Doing MMA obviously isn't very good for your health if you have to medicate due to it.

+1 i wonder if the guy is a troll or not, i think it's crazy he need drugs because of a sport.

OP stop one year then come back and see if you improved.

This I agree with, just train and have fun, get used to wrestling and bjj so you're relaxed totally then try again

You have to stop caring so much when you train. My brother and i had the same problem. Not because we cared so much but our ego's. We tried to win at all cost in practice. We would use out strength to get out of moves and submit people and wouldnt take any chances. Because of this we didnt learn to use our techniques. I learn to not do this ut my brother was more stubborn. Because of his strength it was rare that even the brown belts and black belts would submit him. But he wasnt learning anything and was just playing defense. In your case when rolling you have to stay calm and focused. All the technique in the world doesnt matter if you get all aggressive and forget everything you learn. Secure your position and start running off in your head what you are supposed to do from this position.

I would also suggest drilling all moves many many times too. You hvae to get to where you do the move in a match without thinking. This was what my friend couldnt do. When someone leaves their arm exposed in your guard you should be all over it before they even realzed they did it. My friends couldnt and when he did his attempt was slow and thought out(telegraphed). There is curtain positions you should be lookin for curtain things. On the bottom you should be thing defense first then sweeps. Think of the game plan, drill the moves of the game plan and then you will be able to execute and get faster and faster at doing it. BUt you have to remain calm. This is why fighters in MMA dont get angry in fight and wont let guys get under their skin. Angry people are aggressive and make mistakes and cant follow their gameplan.

+1 i wonder if the guy is a troll or not, i think it's crazy he need drugs because of a sport.

I am not a troll

Everytime i say "I'm done" and leave a class early convinced I'm through with MMA I come straight back because I wanna be good so much.

^

You are a dick head.

----

To the OP maybe your at the wrong gym, wrong coach. Ask your coach where your going wrong. Its probably an easy fix. But don't listen to that prick jacky.

OP shouldn't blame anybody but himself for anything that requires his own physical output.

If you gotta come to an online MMA simulation game's forum, odds are you're never gonna be any good at it. After a few years you might be okay, or get better, but if you're comin here for advice - shame on you.

I find it funny that there are people who claim a lack of confidence. Self-confidence is somehow always paired with the word lack. There's never an excess of self-confidence. They know they should have more of it because they're better than what they show for. Maybe you don't lack it. Maybe there's a reason that you don't have it. Maybe you're too full of yourself. Maybe you should achieve something before you feel confident. I think overconfidence is the real problem. Like the drunk jackass who gets in his car because he can still drive.

Also, it sounds like you're too self-conscience. Try to stop thinking about what you're doing while you're doing it and aim at a result. You don't have to beat guys with perfect technique. You beat guys with whatever works. For example when I just started playing the guitar I was paying too much attention to placing my hand right and playing every note correctly while I should've payed more attention to whether it sounded good or not. Once I figured this out after a few years I suddenly learned a lot faster and was able to apply techniques a lot quicker. Now the only time I pay attention to technique is when I can't get the sound right. Which is how it should be.

• Upvote 1

Also, it sounds like you're too self-conscience. Try to stop thinking about what you're doing while you're doing it and aim at a result. You don't have to beat guys with perfect technique. You beat guys with whatever works. For example when I just started playing the guitar I was paying too much attention to placing my hand right and playing every note correctly while I should've payed more attention to whether it sounded right or not. Once I figured this out after a few years I suddenly learned a lot faster and was able to apply techniques a lot quicker. Now the only time I pay attention to technique is when I can't get the sound right. Which is how it should be.

good advice.

I'm gonna use tomorrow as judgment day 6pm-7:30pm no gi jujitsu. I will be think about all the advice you guys have given me and if I do crap I will just put it behind me and try and get on with me life. Thanks everybody. If anybody wants to contribute further I will read it, take it in and use it.

Wish me luck guys.

Sorry to say it but you have already lost half the battle. It seems to want a curtain result without actually being invested at all. I trained BJJ to have fun and to better myself. I would never think of quitting because i couldnt beat someone or i didnt get a belt. I hvae had guys i used to train with tell me they quit because Jorge or one of the other instructors didnt give them their purple or bluw or whatever belt. Im thinkng to myself "Why the hell you train BJJ to begin with?". Thats the truth. You are only as good as you are. Not getting that belt that day didnt zap your skill. If you need that belt to justify your training then you were wasting your time anyway. I would say the same to you about beating someone. Look for other things to love about it. Stop worrying about winning and losing. Enjoy hanging out with the guys, the excercise, or just trying to get better and the results will come. I hvae seen guys who were almost Brown belts struggle with Big powerful noobs in their first day. Should they quit because they "should have" won or owned the guy? It happens. You cant always wins. You have to let this fact fuel you to train harder and longer not discourage you. Good luck!

I hvae seen guys who were almost Brown belts struggle with Big powerful noobs in their first day. Should they quit because they "should have" won or owned the guy? It happens. You cant always wins. You have to let this fact fuel you to train harder and longer not discourage you. Good luck!

BJJ isn't the sport to beat power with techniques ?

I would feel bad to be dominate by a noob.

No about OP, seriously i think u should stop at least 6 months be out of drugs stop thinking about it, and do some others stuff u like.

If ur lucky 6 months after u will be able to use the techniques u learned but wasn't unable to use.

• Downvote 2

BJJ isn't the sport to beat power with techniques ?

I would feel bad to be dominate by a noob.

No about OP, seriously i think u should stop at least 6 months be out of drugs stop thinking about it, and do some others stuff u like.

If ur lucky 6 months after u will be able to use the techniques u learned but wasn't unable to use.

If i do shit tommorow I will leave and return in maybe a years time. I dont think I am that developed for an 18 year old In terms of muscle structure so hopefully that will change.

If i do shit tommorow I will leave and return in maybe a years time. I dont think I am that developed for an 18 year old In terms of muscle structure so hopefully that will change.

You should at least heel hook the dumbass doctor who decided to solve something like this with antidepressants first.

You should at least heel hook the dumbass doctor who decided to solve something like this with antidepressants first.

LMAO he would probably stomp me. I think i lack aggression and I am very passive and under confident I also have dyspraxia. I do think doctors get lazy and solve things with medications that don't need it.

LMAO he would probably stomp me. I think i lack aggression and I am very passive and under confident I also have dyspraxia. I do think doctors get lazy and solve things with medications that don't need it.

Well, the antidepressants minimize all aggression.

Just like they take the edge of your depression, they also take the edge from everything else.

That was at least my experience from Seroxat 15 years ago, less depression, less anger, less joy, less horny,, less everything.

So I dropped those fuckers and have never regretted it since.

Just make sure that if you stop using them, don't just quit from one day to the next.

It is the worst shit that i have ever come down off of, horrible side effects.

Well, the antidepressants minimize all aggression.

Just like they take the edge of your depression, they also take the edge from everything else.

That was at least my experience from Seroxat 15 years ago, less depression, less anger, less joy, less horny,, less everything.

So I dropped those fuckers and have never regretted it since.

Just make sure that if you stop using them, don't just quit from one day to the next.

It is the worst shit that i have ever come down off of, horrible side effects.

my girlfriend is accusing me of coming off my anti depressants to quick lol I am very angry today and am being accused of being even more depressed than usual lol I went one a day to half a day then half every few days now quarter every 3 days. As I am writing this I am shouting at my girlfriend so perhaps I can be aggressive tonight =P.

my girlfriend is accusing me of coming off my anti depressants to quick lol I am very angry today and am being accused of being even more depressed than usual lol I went one a day to half a day then half every few days now quarter every 3 days. As I am writing this I am shouting at my girlfriend so perhaps I can be aggressive tonight =P.

Angry sex is the best kind. Just make sure to not pass her guard or she might get angry in a bad way.

• Upvote 1