New Mods

xanax

no, It's because it's a thankless fucking job. Either you do your job and people dislike you for it, or you don't do your job and people dislike you for it.

Well most of the mods I've dealt with have abused their power in some form. Not specifically talking about this forum. So if the shoe fits, it fits.

Well most of the mods I've dealt with have abused their power in some form. Not specifically talking about this forum. So if the shoe fits, it fits.

Most people with power, abuse the power in one way or another.

It's in human nature to weed some for themselves, because each one feels they are so "special" and therefore use that to justify the abuse in their mind.

There are many people who just dislike people in power no matter what before giving them a chance as well.

It goes both ways...

I agree that they can get a bad rep just for being in power, but to dislike someone for having power is someone's opinion about someone because of what they have to where abusing power because you have it is plain wrong.

Yeah. My first comment about the tape around the muzzle was referring to dogs...not women...big difference, you know? As for the second comment, an elementary school is a wonderful place for a pedophile. Now, I have been an active member of chat for well over two years and know Crisse and the other mods quite well. They know my sense of humor and know that I was joking...or was I. Regardless, I can see why Crisse banned you. We regularly get people pretending to be chicks, or people from the future, or random people who post odd links to outside websites. I've never seen you in chat and certainly never saw that screenname in chat. Very easy to mistake you as a chat troll. I'm sure you are unbanned now. Come back as Xanax so we know who you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I'm not going to address what was said, or the ban. It's all relative. I don't go to chat, I just don't have time, but it's my understanding (I could be wrong) that there is a place you can go to say such thing without consequence.

But, Crisse has been nothing but a gentleman to me. And from my limited perspective, he has been a gentleman to those around him as well. He's good people in a land where good people are hard to find.

PS: What I just said has no reflection on the OP or the ban. I choose not to comment on it.

• Upvote 1

Correct, I was joking around with another member, doesn't seem to be a problem if you're in the clique. And if you dunno, don't care, why even comment?

Because your first post was filled with inaccuracies. That I do care about. You being banned, not so much.

Have a good day.

• Downvote 1

It doesn't matter if its this game or one of the dozens of internet games I've played, "most" mods just enjoy having the power, (making me always wonder if they were like abused husbands, prison inmates, 12 year old etc) I never understood why someone would want to mod, unless they had some vested interest outside of just playing or had to fill a vacuum of powerlessness in their real lives.

It doesn't matter if its this game or one of the dozens of internet games I've played, "most" mods just enjoy having the power, (making me always wonder if they were like abused husbands, prison inmates, 12 year old etc) I never understood why someone would want to mod, unless they had some vested interest outside of just playing or had to fill a vacuum of powerlessness in their real lives.

I think you're on to something. That's where cops come from too. The "it's such a thankless job" thing is just a bunch of self-righteous hogwash. If it's so thankless, why do it? And if you do it, don't complain that it's thankless. No one made you do it. You chose to be in an unpopular position of power. So yea, you get to ban people and flex your e-peen, but you don't get to be sad when people call you an asshole. Like Lance said, it goes both ways.

For the record, I think most of the mods on here are pretty decent. We've got it made here for the most part.

I never understood why someone would want to mod

I can only speak for myself here, but I got tired of every thread getting hijacked and everyone leaving the forums and decided that rather than sit here and be pissed about it, it was easier just to do something about it

I agree though, on most sites I've been on (especially forums) the mods have enjoyed the attention and power that they get and seem to feel big and clever when there gr to exert said power

Edit: as for the powerless real life vacuum, sadly I've been the boss in every job I've had since I was 17 and I actually can't stand being in charge anymore lol Maybe its my e-peen then.... will show the wife and see if my e-peen is bigger than my real-peen lmao :P

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to note a couple things:

You didnt have a joined before as, one of the first things you said where "[05:37] granny_8_a_xanny: get laid much?" so i assumed you where one of the many random trolls that comes in everyday. Instead of crying on the forum you could have just PMed me and you would had been unbanned by now instead i get a PM in chat telling me about this thread. Soooo whipe those tears away i wont go anywhere and you can now come back into chat :)

So you weren't doing your job properly (assuming I was "one of the many random trolls")? Instead of acting like you did no wrong how about you just say you messed up. All you had to do in chat was ask who I was, I post a link anytime someone asks. I've been on chat as "xanax-1", "mrniceguy", "mrsmileyface", etc. I'd program "xanax" to where it automatically pops up but it says there's already a user with that name. And no tears, just airing you out buddy. No hard feelings.

I agree that there need to be new mods. I also agree with the xanax ban.

Thanks for your support, Steeve.

Yeah. My first comment about the tape around the muzzle was referring to dogs...not women...big difference, you know? As for the second comment, an elementary school is a wonderful place for a pedophile. Now, I have been an active member of chat for well over two years and know Crisse and the other mods quite well. They know my sense of humor and know that I was joking...or was I. Regardless, I can see why Crisse banned you. We regularly get people pretending to be chicks, or people from the future, or random people who post odd links to outside websites. I've never seen you in chat and certainly never saw that screenname in chat. Very easy to mistake you as a chat troll. I'm sure you are unbanned now. Come back as Xanax so we know who you are.

Who is "we"? You a mod now too?

Because your first post was filled with inaccuracies. That I do care about. You being banned, not so much.Have a good day.

The only thing I was inaccurate about was thinking he was talking about a woman. Your last post is actually, in fact, "filled with inaccuracies".

• Downvote 2

It looks to me like you are pretty damn sad. Act like a grown up next time you come into chat and you might not get mistaken for a 13year old troll and you wont get banned again. Sooooo whipe those tears away Xanax and stop crying please :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The only thing I was inaccurate about was thinking he was talking about a woman. Your last post is actually, in fact, "filled with inaccuracies".

Since that was the only thing you posted as fact, and not opinion, after raging like a 14 year old girl that got her cellphone taken away. I felt that it was necessary to clarify what happened. As far as the rest of the post, no, I'm pretty sure it happened in that order.

More importantly a lot of people here seem to be coming out against mods. I'm going to have to agree, down with all mods, I say we let the forums and chat devolve into a cesspool. Where new players get flamed for asking simple questions on the forum, and where trolls and bots run free on the chatroom. High Fives all around.

Since that was the only thing you posted as fact, and not opinion, after raging like a 14 year old girl that got her cellphone taken away. I felt that it was necessary to clarify what happened. As far as the rest of the post, no, I'm pretty sure it happened in that order.

More importantly a lot of people here seem to be coming out against mods. I'm going to have to agree, down with all mods, I say we let the forums and chat devolve into a cesspool. Where new players get flamed for asking simple questions on the forum, and where trolls and bots run free on the chatroom. High Fives all around.

If the mods even did that. Most mods will sit there and let their friends or the people they know troll new members all day but if they don't know the name they ban them. Being a mod is thankless job because all they do for the most part is ban people for doing the same shit that other people get away with. It's thankless because instead of being fair to all, they abuse their powers. As someone said earlier, they know some peoples sense of humor so they don't ban them. So because they know that person and they know it's sense of humor, they don't get banned for trolling yet if they don't know the person they do get banned for trolling? Makes no sense.

Also, can someone please unban me from chat. I got perma banned for impersonating Chuck Grace after he told me to, and he'll even come on here and admit that... I think. :) Lol.

I don't think this was suggested once in this thread.

• Upvote 1

New mods every three months.

Funny thing is, nearly every respectable regular who is asked to mod, says NO WAY IN HELL

That's because they want to stay respectable.

I think you're on to something. That's where cops come from too. The "it's such a thankless job" thing is just a bunch of self-righteous hogwash. If it's so thankless, why do it? And if you do it, don't complain that it's thankless. No one made you do it. You chose to be in an unpopular position of power. So yea, you get to ban people and flex your e-peen, but you don't get to be sad when people call you an asshole. Like Lance said, it goes both ways.

For the record, I think most of the mods on here are pretty decent. We've got it made here for the most part.

Besides your last comment banky, about mods here being pretty decent. It wouldn't be hard for someone to imply that's exactly what you and Perok mean. Not hard at all.

Suggesting new mods isn't the same as saying no mods at all. But I'm not going to debate how a post is interpreted. No biggie, I can see how you got that.

I don't like cops either, but I don't want to walk around in total anarchy.

• 2 weeks later...

Every game i go to i hear something like this. To be honest if people want to talk trash they can go to another channel, mods have the right (and power) to do what they want. Then i guess they are working on some specific guideline in regards to rules.

Why do you guys make the interwebs so difficult sometimes?

I deleted the post insinuating anti-semetic remarks at the request of multiple users.

Carry on.

• Upvote 1

Why do you guys make the interwebs so difficult sometimes?

I deleted the post insinuating anti-semetic remarks at the request of multiple users.

Carry on.

It looks to me like you are pretty damn sad. Act like a grown up next time you come into chat and you might not get mistaken for a 13year old troll and you wont get banned again. Sooooo whipe those tears away Xanax and stop crying please :)

I said nothing ANTI semetic, I was saying something Anti-antisemetic. I thought it strange that crisse telling people to stop crying and acting like 13yr olds when his av is an impersonation of someone who was a mass murderer. No intention to offend anyone, except crisse, not sure why but seemed ok at the time