Accept it or not?

dcm

You shouldn't have accepted the fight because that dude is ranked over 10k. That's pretty insulting, I would've told him to not bother me until you have a decently ranked fighter.

But seriously, the skills aren't that big of a difference. People cherry picking for only 100% fair fights, or fights they have advantages in is one of the main problems with the ranking system & this game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Usually I would say as the champ you should accept all challengers but a 10k p4p fighter is not a challenger to a 1k p4p champ. That fight should never be offered in the first place. If an org offered me that (and it wasn't a mistake) the fights remaining on my contract would be the last I ever fought in that org.

• Upvote 2

Heard nothing but bad things about Cropper. Seems some shit gets stirred every few months. He's definitely got the reputation of a bully.

Ridiculous to accept a fight when the ranking is that far apart though, you have nothing to gain. Fuck it. Sit out until December.

I used to take issue with champs declining any fight but Grasman showed me the light. Makes sense.

• Upvote 1

Heard nothing but bad things about Cropper. Seems some shit gets stirred every few months. He's definitely got the reputation of a bully.

Ridiculous to accept a fight when the ranking is that far apart though, you have nothing to gain. Fuck it. Sit out until December.

I used to take issue with champs declining any fight but Grasman showed me the light. Makes sense.

+1

A fighter should never be force to take a fight unless he wants to or do it as a favor to fill in for a fight. Unless you dont have anyone to face them but at least you would want to give the shot to someone who won their last fight or two the title shot before you give the guy who has lost his last fight the title shot. Threating to hold a fighter unless they are a douce is a low ball move. Hope things get reslove and you can take your fighter elsewhere to fight.

Mr Cropper involved in a sh•t like this again? What a suprise...

Ha!!

Dee, you snatched the words right out of my mouth. I'm surprised his org satisfaction rating isn't in the teens. You get what you sign up for.

I don't like the p4p arguments... when it's about champions. My view is, when i sign a contract, i have to acknowledge the legitimate process of the org's title picture. 2-3 wins against other contenders and a shot is deserved... not coming from a loss of course. So yeah, looking at it as a former org owner, i think the fight is very questionable. As manager... well, in the end i would have taken it, it's just what champs do.

I often read things about Cropper, also one of my closest tycoon friends had trouble with him once. I don't doubt he has a rough way of doing business and for sure was involved in some BS. Still, i feel i have to step up now after being too lazy 2-3 other times lol. He was in my org (now run by Alexi) from day 1 and made 8 fights here... to be honest i saw the warning signs first, but he really surprised me. Never turned down a fight, aiming for rematches against guys who defeated him, declining pay raises after my org got more and more profitable, always being the first to give a feedback when i asked for it in an org mail. Could not ask for a better manager.

I don't want to defend him somehow, just share this info because my experiece was the total opposite of the impression you get in forum. See it for yourself.

• Upvote 2

Champs should fight who ever is put in front of them. Being champion means you're the best in the division, so you fight the best in the division. If not, then you're not really champion and shouldn't be holding on to the title.

Sure taking fights with opponents who have superior skills sucks but if you're not willing to fight whoever's next in line, you should never have accepted the initial title fight. These circumstances are part of being a champion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Champs should fight who ever is put in front of them. Being champion means you're the best in the division, so you fight the best in the division. If not, then you're not really champion and shouldn't be holding on to the title.

Sure taking fights with opponents who have superior skills sucks but if you're not willing to fight whoever's next in line, you should never have accepted the initial title fight. These circumstances are part of being a champion.

The other guy is actually less skilled than him, that along with the hype difference, and the guy was coming off a loss all make pretty good reasons to decline in my opinion. Although I would have probably accepted due to him being champ.

The other guy is actually less skilled than him, that along with the hype difference, and the guy was coming off a loss all make pretty good reasons to decline in my opinion. Although I would have probably accepted due to him being champ.

So the OP's fighter is the challenger? If so then sure, you don't have to accept the title fight if you don't want to. Champs don't really have the choice IMO.

• Downvote 1

So the OP's fighter is the challenger? If so then sure, you don't have to accept the title fight if you don't want to. Champs don't really have the choice IMO.

the op fighter was champ as other have said the opponent was ranked lower and had worse primarys so i think op was in his right to decline fight esp with the guy coming off a loss

the op fighter was champ as other have said the opponent was ranked lower and had worse primarys so i think op was in his right to decline fight esp with the guy coming off a loss

Personally, as an org owner I would never give someone a title shot who's coming off a loss unless it's an immediate rematch of the previous fight.

If anything, you'd think the the challenger would be complaining. Still not sure why this is an issue for the champ. If I was the champ here, it wouldn't be my preferred fight but I'd accept it no doubt.

Personally, as an org owner I would never give someone a title shot who's coming off a loss unless it's an immediate rematch of the previous fight.

If anything, you'd think the the challenger would be complaining. Still not sure why this is an issue for the champ. If I was the champ here, it wouldn't be my preferred fight but I'd accept it no doubt.

The point is not the fight only. He offered me a fight against a fighter ranked as 10k p4p and I declined. I had nothing to win with the fight, but yet I could've accepted it if the org owner asked me nicely. However, did you see the two messages he sent me? The point of the topic is not only discussing whenever to accept fights or not, but also to warn everyone against that org. Just check the messages the guy sent me and you will see what I mean.

Yeah the messages are brutal, doesn't make the org owner come off well at all. I certainly wouldn't speak to any of the fighters in my org that way. Definitely disrespectful.

With that said, I looked at the org, and I think the problem is the division is so shallow. All the higher hyped fightes have very low skills compared to the fighter who was offered the title fight. Out of every one in the division, he would probably offer the Champ the greatest challenge at the moment. Kind of a damned if do, damned if you don't situation for every one involved. If you wanna fight, thats the best fight that can be offered. Or you could sit out for awhile and wait for some more fighters to be recruited or work their way up.

Guess it doesn't matter now, but that's the way I see it anyway.

The way i see it your the champ accept whatever fight is offered.. If he can't find your fighter decent competition then finish your contract and go to another org.

This.

Champs don't get to decide who they fight. You're the champ. Act like a champ and beat anyone who wants YOUR belt. If you can't beat them, then you shouldn't really be champ.

I don't have a problem with people declining when they are not the champ, but, sorry, you gotta accept every fight as champ. The only thing you might have a choice on is time between fights.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Why should he have to accept a fight vs some random guy with no hype, that is on top of that coming of a loss, when it's far from the #1 contender? I have never declined a fight as a champ but I have also never been in an org that would even consider offering a fight like that.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Dcm, I find it admirable that you don't want to take the fight, a lot of managers would happily pad out their records with wins over inferior opponents. However looking through the other guys in your division, I think he's offered you the toughest fight available. The only other fighter who's anywhere near the quality of Athos is Rocha, who you just beat.

Personally I would accept this fight, as you do need to fight regularly as champion, but request to the org owner that he bring in some worthy opponents for you.

Why should he have to accept a fight vs some random guy with no hype, that is on top of that coming of a loss, when it's far from the #1 contender? I have never declined a fight as a champ but I have also never been in an org that would even consider offering a fight like that.

Totally agree.