You're a Manager...

Other think is I have asked some times for other fights but i dont think that its the same as declining this fight because in all options me and the orgs owner always come to same outcome. there was only 1 time when i didnt want to stay in the org and thats because i was a champ there and taking all kinda weird fights like guy was 1-7 in last 7 fight i told owner come one but always he told me that i need to help the org and so on and i did but when i was dominating division and lost 1 time and then got 3 fight winning streak with all KO of the night he didnt want to give me tittle shot and that kinda upset me a lot.

Scouting orgs isn't that hard. When you get a contract look at the guys around your hype, and then look at the top guys in the org. Are you competitive against both groups? Finally scroll the mouse over the fighter names in the roster. Is there a huge ID gap like 160k+ mixed in with 20k ID's? No need to look at every event.

Scouting orgs isn't that hard. When you get a contract look at the guys around your hype, and then look at the top guys in the org. Are you competitive against both groups? Finally scroll the mouse over the fighter names in the roster. Is there a huge ID gap like 160k+ mixed in with 20k ID's? No need to look at every event.

Thats true but i have joined some orgs where i dont know have they get money so fast but they bring in monster in weeks.

I have never turned down a fight either but my reasoning is that I scout the Org before hand(most of the time. After that I figure I am only fighting in that Org to become Champ so at some point I will have to face that fighter anyway so it might as well be now. If I lose I go train harder so the next time I face them I can win. I have done very well in a lot of my rematches.

As for taking a fight when the fighter is ranked way below you well i look at it this way If I cant beat him I shouldnt had been ranked that high in the first place. Just my way of thinking.

Dont get me wrong though I dont think its wrong for someone to decline a fight as long as they have a good reason. Its up to them as what they are looking for in this game could be different than what I am.

And Yes I run a Org but I have a rule you can decline any matchup that you dont feel comfortable with and I dont get pissed off by it as long as you give a reason. That way I can try not to make the same mistake with your fighter again. Now if you decline often I will ask the manager to give me three fighters in the division they would accept a fight against that way we both learn on what kind of Opp. said fighter is looking for.

Just my two cents

It's just a game. I don't have a problem with people who turn down fights. I don't do it. I had a fight org for about two days and I knew that it wasn't for me. Looking for new fighters, contacting the managers, sending out invites, setting up events, it's all so time consuming. Like they need these managers to make it even harder on them by turning down fights.

• Upvote 6

I think it's easy for some people to say "I don't turn down fights"...well yeah, practically all your guys are double elites, you shouldn't be turning down any fights.

When your the guy going up against those double elites and you're the respectable guy across the board--well then I think turning down fights is just fine.

It's all subjective. Turning down fights isn't a big deal if you're getting completely unfair matchups, but if you have a relative chance at winning then you should accept, sometimes you're the favorite, sometimes you're the underdog...it just all has to be within reason...which again is subjective, ha.

• Upvote 4

I think it's easy for some people to say "I don't turn down fights"...well yeah, practically all your guys are double elites, you shouldn't be turning down any fights.

When your the guy going up against those double elites and you're the respectable guy across the board--well then I think turning down fights is just fine.

It's all subjective. Turning down fights isn't a big deal if you're getting completely unfair matchups, but if you have a relative chance at winning then you should accept, sometimes you're the favorite, sometimes you're the underdog...it just all has to be within reason...which again is subjective, ha.

Do you think everyone started this game with double Elites? Come on now. I have turned down 3 fights because of mismatches with my noobs since i started this game. I started this game with the same fighters as everyone else starts with and so did everyone else with double elite guys now. It comes down to this. Some people play the game to be the best and some people play the game to make people think they are the best. Every fight makes me better win or lose. I want to be the best. Others take the path of least resistance to get nice records and high p4p rankings even though they are frauds.

• Upvote 2

I never turn down fights either. Although, that may come to an end at some point. I have a good relationship with the org owners of all the orgs I fight in (which are few), and I will fight pretty much anyone, that said there have been some fight offers sent to me that are less than fair matchups and I should have declined them. IN the future it is possible that I will start declining fights in these unfair matchups, but they are relatively few.

As far as why I never turn down fights? Well, because I feel that I might be able to overcome what might look like a gross mismatch, but I have managed to overcome said disadvantages on numerous occasions. And it is a matter of pride to say, yeah, I may only be ranked in the 800's as a manager, but look at the fights I have had, many other managers would have declined the fights that I have accepted. They are higher ranked than I am, but I can feel a bit better knowing that I got to where I am by taking on everyone and pulling off some amazing upsets. Call it fools pride, call it false bravado, what have you, but I gives me a sense of achievement knowing that I earned my way to where I am by fighting everything that comes my way. And usually those are all very challenging. Rare indeed is the fight that you could say I was can crushing.

theres one reason i dont generally reject fights (i do on two occasions - when i ask for 2-3-4 weeks of additional training [happened around 3 times probably?]and then accept the same opponent, or when my opponent is also polish - i prefer to beat up foreign managers if theres a choice :P [happened 2 times probably]).

It is becouse i manage fighters - not pussies.

I like to think my stable is full of maybe not the best in the game, but guys with balls of steel always geoing into the ring or cage to deliver some violence and fun.

And one more thing. I try to fight good opposition with big risk of loosing.

Say what? i cant get higher in meaningless rankings and jerk off about it?

I think that most of org owners i was working wih already know im always there to fight and i dont need to be top3 to prove something.

And what exactly is this something? that i can earn more and get my guy to top1 p4p with picking my opponents carefully? does it make me better manager overall?

Whats better, less loses on the ranking or challenges, and the fact i dont mess around with picking opponents and just fighting (you know, the thing FIGHTERS should be doing in the first place...)?

you may say i suck as a manager becouse i dont achieve what i could... But how i could be proud with achevements if they would be done not in the cage/ring but while accepting/declining fights?

I know im writing about something a bit different with cherry picking and declining unwonable (is this even a word?:P) fight, but it takes us back to the first point - I manage fighters, not pussies, and i like to think about them being badasses ;)

• Upvote 1

I will force my son to play baseball until he finishes college even if he hates it more than spinach, because I missed my shot at the big time and want to live vicariously.

or...

I hope my son likes baseball, and if he does, I will teach him every single thing I know about it...

I will make him take pitches from Johan Santana at full speed, from the time he is 3 and if he flinches from a close pitch, I'll put bamboo shards under his fingernails... he WILL be Ted Williams by the time he's 6...

or...

Throw pitches at speeds relevant to his level of skill...

Please dad, stop beating me with your 2nd place college baseball trophy!

or...

Dad, thank you for not beating me with any baseball trophies like Billy's dad... I still miss Billy... he was a good friend...

They should have a "This Manager Takes Ridiculous Fights" ranking... #1 (the best) would have his manager rank and avg. opponent rank with the smallest gap... The better the manager is ranked, the easier it is to maintain fighter morale... and the worse ranked, harder to manage morale.

If my manager only took easy fights, you might think, 'If he only signs easy fights, he must not be very good at teaching, I should go."

If my manager too often threw cans at monsters, I might think, "This guy is not going to be looking out for me and is banking on luck... I should go..."

If my manager was known for signing fights that will teach were fair, I might think, "He's fair and confident in his strategy... I should stay..."

That's just me, if I were a fighter. Too easy, bad... Too hard, bad... Do-able with solid tactics, Good.

• Downvote 1

So everyone who just fights and plays the game takes it to serious but those who are scared to lose and get their feelings Hurt they keep the game in the proper perspective. Right?

People fighting w/ large rank differences, on the high side, or low side would get penalized... people who average low rank difference would get bonuses.

It's not about being scared to lose, it's about not wanting to waste my time with bullshit fights, up or down. Some people get off on saying I'm 90 - 1, but fought 90 cans... Some people get off on being 47 - 44 having fought 91 fair fights.

Taking the game seriously is up to you, I'd rather you have fun and not be serious than be serious and not have fun... I'm both serious and having fun. I just have much more fun in 50/50 fights than anything else, I guess. Or even 40/60... I like poker... 5% is like roulette...

People fighting w/ large rank differences, on the high side, or low side would get penalized... people who average low rank difference would get bonuses.

It's not about being scared to lose, it's about not wanting to waste my time with bullshit fights, up or down. Some people get off on saying I'm 90 - 1, but fought 90 cans... Some people get off on being 47 - 44 having fought 91 fair fights.

Taking the game seriously is up to you, I'd rather you have fun and not be serious than be serious and not have fun... I'm both serious and having fun. I just have much more fun in 50/50 fights than anything else, I guess. Or even 40/60... I like poker... 5% is like roulette...

Roulette is a game of chance. Poker is a game of skill. There is some randomness in it, but it is still a game of skill more than anything else.

Your statement seemed to imply that Poker was a game of chance. Reading it again after your reply to me and I think I can see what you mean now. I neither agree nor disagree with your opinion. You decline fights you think are unfavorable and that's fine. I don't. That also is fine.

I don't decline fights that are unfavorable... I take them all the time... I just try to refrain from accepting fights that are near unwinnable, just for the satisfaction of not turning it down...