UFC 148: Silva vs Sonnen II

"Yea Anderson grabbed my trunks but I grabbed his right back, man, it goes both ways and we can't sit and nitpick some of that stuff"

"The better guy wins every time, the better guy won tonight"

Chael Sonnen, at the post fight press conference yesterday.

So if Roids sonnen can admit he lost why some of these nut huggers just admit he lost and stop coming up with excuess.

A lot of people think he was greased but he was sweaty from warming up and his corner should have wiped him off. If he was grease he would have been fined so you guys can stop saying grease or think its grease because it was not grease. That was all sweat and it dont matter.

It was grease you inbred. The firman put it on his face before he got in the cage. Then he got in the cage and wiped it off his face and on to his shoulders and body. Even the Fox post fight show with Florian was going off about it being illegal. Silva was scared shitless like a coward and pulled out every illegal trick in the book to prevent an ass kicking like he got last time. Florian and Stann both believed he was aiming for the head with his knee on the ground. He also used the shorts to cheat. Fear is a hell of a drug lol.

• Downvote 2

It was grease you inbred. The firman put it on his face before he got in the cage. Then he got in the cage and wiped it off his face and on to his shoulders and body. Even the Fox post fight show with Florian was going off about it being illegal. Silva was scared shitless like a coward and pulled out every illegal trick in the book to prevent an ass kicking like he got last time. Florian and Stann both believed he was aiming for the head with his knee on the ground. He also used the shorts to cheat. Fear is a hell of a drug lol.

You're such a bitter hater! What is it about success and talent that offends guys like you so much!? Clutching at straw after straw after straw to try to justify your warped and factually incorrect negative view of a guy.

You're such a bitter hater! What is it about success and talent that offends guys like you so much!? Clutching at straw after straw after straw to try to justify your warped and factually incorrect negative view of a guy.

This is why I don't respond to this guy. He just cannot have an conversation unless he call you names. At least with Roids Sonnen you can get him to admit he lost. Its sad but true not everyone you can hold a conversation with and this guy Braimstorm should be (Lost cells in my braim) so i cant have a decent conversation without tryng to insult someone to make myself feel good.) is one of them. Anyways glad Roids Sonnen finally admits he lost and no excess to it. Way to go Roids Sonnen. You cool in my books now. You still lost though.

I wonder who will get the next shot at Silva. Whats your take on that.?

• Downvote 1

Factually incorrect? Lol I provided many facts and opinions shared by the "experts". I do t worship other men. I call it as I see it now how I want it. Silva cheatedand disgraced the sport I love. I don't give a free pass to someone who ruined the main event of the most anticipated fight in years. Now their is wonder and doubt about how the fight really would have played out. I never felt Chael would won. But I did expect both guys to get in their and see their skills fight it out to an exciting fight. Now we didnt get that because Silva cheated at every chance. Since this was the second fight we will never get another chance to do it over. All Silva had to do was fight a fair fight and this would have been over.

• Downvote 1

I don't give a free pass to someone who ruined the main event of the most anticipated fight in years.

Hahaha. It was only ruined to you because it didn't went the way you wanted it to go. If anybody put a damper on the main event it was Sonnen by being a wimp. I would've liked to see it go on for longer, but Sonnen clearly didn't came to fight. He came to give a beating and as soon as it didn't go according to plan he waived the white flag. I would've loved to see Sonnen fight back.

I think Silva should be suspended if he greased. I didn't see it, but if it happened he should be punished. That still doesn't excuse Sonnen for anything.

I have nothing against Chael, he's an awesome fighter, he came in and gave Anderson 2 of his toughest fights, and came very close to winning the first time. The funny thing is Chael himself would tell Brian he is talking nonsense!

Next title shot will likely go to Munoz if he gets by Weidman. If Bisping and Hector Lombard win their next fights I'd like to see those 2 guys fight eachother for the next shot after that, though I think Silva would be a nightmare for either guy.

Brian, Silva's "cheating" in no effected the outcome of the fight, at all. His attempted grease up was rubbed away before the fight started, his grab of the shorts didn't effect the action at all, Sonnen broke away and didn't take a flush shot while Silva held him. Look at round 3 of Sonnen vs Bisping, Sonnen grabbed the cage to stay on top...a blatant foul that enabled him to maintain dominant position for the whole round...but we wont talk about that, its only cheating when Anderson does something minor isn't it? The second fight was fair, decisive and clear. Sonnen himself admits that so everything you say on the subject comes off really lame.

So you hate Anderson for "ruining" the UAE card? GSP's fights are consistently way more boring than that fight! Anderson acted like a prick that night, but he was also facing a guy who refused to fight, it took both Silva and Maia to stink that fight out, and other than 2 exceptions (both due to scared opponents) Anderson is the most spectacular finisher in the entire sport! But yeah, he ruined 1 card, so he sucks.

How did he disgrace the sport!? There's no way you're passionate about MMA but have no respect for Anderson Silva. Thats like claiming to be a passionate boxing fan and saying that Sugar Ray Leonard was a disgrace to the sport!

• Upvote 1

Hahaha. It was only ruined to you because it didn't went the way you wanted it to go. If anybody damper on the main event it was Sonnen by being a wimp. I would've liked to see it go on for longer, but Sonnen clearly didn't came to fight. He came to give a beating and as soon as it didn't go according to plan he waived the white flag. I would've loved to see Sonnen fight back.

I think Silva should be suspended if he greased. I didn't see it, but if it happened he should be punished. That still doesn't excuse Sonnen for anything.

I would love to see that but now we wont. Roids sonnen knows now he has no chance of beating Silva. With or without juice. You want to gave him a kitchen sink, Silva hands tied behind his back, blind folded, legs tied and juice Sonnen up and he still wont win. Thats how much he sucks. And tonight he proved it once again he sucks and have no heart. Look in his eyes when he talks you can see he is broken and has nothing to say about silva. In a way i do feel a little bad for him but thats what you get when you talk shit and cant back it up. Silva p4p on the planet. Period.

Dude he is Sonnens fan but he knows that Sonnen cant win :D

good job on 11/11. Impressive. Did you have some inside intel we dont know about?

You guys are retarded. If gra ing the shorts didn't help him then why did he do it? Was it just a warm place for his hands? Lol fools. He did it to get an advantage just like he put the grease on him. If you don't see how someone having a greasy body can effect someone try to clinch, grab, and get takedowns from Clinch and keep clinch then you just don't follow the sport very well. We don't know if the grease caused that or not but it shouldn't eve. Be an issue but he if not cheated tried his very best to cheat.

Steeve don't be stupid. Chael took the same knee Tito took from machida and Tito was over. Chael did keep fighting even though you claimed he didnt. He even made it back to his feet and took a lot of shots.

Their first fight won Fight of the night. Silva cheated and we lost out on what would have been an epic fight. Now what fight we did get was over shadow led by his repeated attempts to cheat.

You guys are retarded. If gra ing the shorts didn't help him then why did he do it? Was it just a warm place for his hands? Lol fools. He did it to get an advantage just like he put the grease on him. If you don't see how someone having a greasy body can effect someone try to clinch, grab, and get takedowns from Clinch and keep clinch then you just don't follow the sport very well. We don't know if the grease caused that or not but it shouldn't eve. Be an issue but he if not cheated tried his very best to cheat.

Steeve don't be stupid. Chael took the same knee Tito took from machida and Tito was over. Chael did keep fighting even though you claimed he didnt. He even made it back to his feet and took a lot of shots.

Their first fight won Fight of the night. Silva cheated and we lost out on what would have been an epic fight. Now what fight we did get was over shadow led by his repeated attempts to cheat.

Silva cheated lol... jesus man. Grow up. Unless Anderson Silva greased himself down with some full body lube I'd disagree. It's like you're in denial because the fight didn't go the way you wanted it to. Chael Sonnen isn't in as much denial as you. It's a fight, grabbing shorts doesn't change anything. Silva won, fair and square. Chael had a chance to get up but he chose to protect himself and do nothin else.

Also - people .... Chael can beat Anderson Silva. Last night wasn't his night, but that doesn't mean he can't beat him. He manhandled him round 1, and made a very costly mistake in round 2 which Anderson capitilized on.

• Upvote 1

Chael did win round 1, but he did almost no damage at all. It was a perfect example of lay and pray. He never created any distance to try and rain down punches. He simply let Silva bear hug him until the round was over. He did finally past to mount, but he still did nothing with it. I give him that round obviously. I just don't think it is a sign of him winning the fight if it were to go to later rounds. To the contrary I think it shows he is more likely to eventually tire out and make mistakes eventually getting submitted than he was to ever finish Silva.

Also, I was really leaning towards the knee being illegal until I saw this. Now, I am more comfortable with the win knowing it was not an illegal knee. It was the one thing that could have really taken away from the win.

AxQoEutCQAArHou.jpg

Chael did win round 1, but he did almost no damage at all. It was a perfect example of lay and pray. He never created any distance to try and rain down punches. He simply let Silva bear hug him until the round was over. He did finally past to mount, but he still did nothing with it. I give him that round obviously. I just don't think it is a sign of him winning the fight if it were to go to later rounds. To the contrary I think it shows he is more likely to eventually tire out and make mistakes eventually getting submitted than he was to ever finish Silva.

Also, I was really leaning towards the knee being illegal until I saw this. Now, I am more comfortable with the win knowing it was not an illegal knee. It was the one thing that could have really taken away from the win.

AxQoEutCQAArHou.jpg

Ouch. That hurt. Can i quit now.

Chael took the same knee Tito took from machida and Tito was over.

Hahaha. What are you babbling about man? Tito went to a decision with Machida. And Sonnen admitted after the fight that he grabbed Silva's shorts as well. And that he had done so in previous fights. Like that's what going to determined the outcome of the fight anyway. That's so stupid.

I love how you have such a contempt for fanboys and sound exactly like one with those petty excuses.

After UFC 148 Backstage with Roids Sonnen.

Somehow BrainSmasher was able to disguise himself as a reporter and saw Roids sonnen and walked over to him to ask him a few questions.

BrainSmasher"good day Sonnen. Great fight by the way. Can I get a min of your time to ask you a couple of questions about the fight you just had". Sonnen turns looked at him and said " what great fight are you talking about. I just got my ass handed to me but ok I'll play along" what did you want to ask me Mr I dont know your name. BrainSmasher"Oh, I'm just a local reporter trying to get some inside info. BrainSmasher" So you said it wasnt a great fight for you why" Sonnen "first off I thought he was greased up but then I realize it was just sweat and when I was able to get him down in the first round, I was doing my best to end it early and take the belt but I just had a weird feeling I was doing something wrong. At the end of the first round I keep telling myself I won the first round which is a good start. The second rounds starts and I went for a take-down and he stopped it which threw me off. So I got him on the cage and was looking to put my weigh on him to tire him out so the take-downs comes easier in the later round. As the fight was going on, we break and as I was thinking of going for a take-down again He hit me with a few shots and they hurt so I decided to close the distant so he couldn't hit me with anymore shots. Next-thing I know he grabbed my shorts and I just grabbed his back but he cracked me with some good shots and i started losing focus of the fight, BrainSmasher" can i ask you a question now" Sonnen" didnt your mother teached you any manners. You can asked me a question after I'm done telling you what happen. Sonnen went on " so I had him backed up on the fence and all of a sudden Something in my head said to throw a spinning back fist, which I never trained to do in my training. I saw he had his hands down so I went for it. At first I thought I caught him with it but only to find myself on my ass with him looking down on me and I just remember thinking, oh sh**t I fucked up. And pretty much everything went down hill from there. Next thing i know the fight was over and he was inviting me over for some steak" Sonnen then looked at the reporter and he said. "don't I know you from somewhere"? BrainSmasher"no" Sonnen then smacks the mike out of his hands and said "then you absolutely suck" Leaving him to eat dust.

Chael knows complaining will do no good. That's why he won't talk about it. It will only make him look bad. Unless the commission rules this a no contest he will never get a third fight. So he will just eat it and go spend the million bucks he made until the next fight. Just because he doesn't say he was cheated doesn't mean he don't believe he was cheated.

I don't care if Chael won or not. I don't even like him as a fighter. I wanted him to win just to get more entertaining fights. I didn't pick him to win because I knew he wouldn't. I hate lay n pray wrestlers. But I want to see the better man win and know it was within the rules. I can't say that is what happened. I was saying the same thing when GSP greased. and every other time I see someone blanteny cheat. Shit happens at times and fighters will grab short or gloves or fense by accident on instinct. They are not purposely cheating. Silva wasn't just reacting. He consciously grabbed the shorthand held on to them for a very long time and he knew the grease would help him. This doesn't happen all the time and is much different that the impulse things we see from time to time. You can call me a Chael fan or a silva hater all you want. You are being Silva fan boys and reflecting. I have 1 favorite fighter. 5 others I really like and 20-30 I like to watch. Chael isnt one of them. You are taking a guy who felt he had to cheat and claiming it had no effect and his greatness. I will never give a fighter credit when they felt they had to cheat. No real fighter would ever have done the things he did. He had his confidence ripped from him by Chael and was scared of taking another beating.

Hahaha. What are you babbling about man? Tito went to a decision with Machida. And Sonnen admitted after the fight that he grabbed Silva's shorts as well. And that he had done so in previous fights. Like that's what going to determined the outcome of the fight anyway. That's so stupid.

I love how you have such a contempt for fanboys and sound exactly like one with those petty excuses.

He meant Rashad, not Machida.

Yeah my mistake. Just remember Tito curling up in a ball.

Wasn't the 1st time Tito did that. He has no heart and seems to love tapping to strikes. Still, Rashad's knee was even nastier looking than Silva's. He grabbed the back of Tito's head and pulled him right into it if I remember right. I would not want to be hit with either of those shots.

A knee like that is devastating, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see it more often. Rashad's knee on Tito was ten times worse.

Like that stoner said above, Chael can beat Anderson. Will he ever actually do it though? Probably not. Still, he now has five dominant rounds over the champ, which is probably more than anyone will ever have. Mad respect for both these guys.

It's a similar situation that we were in back when Silva won the belt. Franklin and Hendo were able to beat anyone not named Anderson Silva. A few guys managed to sneak through like Cote and such, but who knows what happens now?

It dont come off easy. How do we know the red got it all off in a rush? Why was it on there to begin with? Can you not bring your self to admit Silva was trying to cheat?