This is a great game with much potential, but it is too obviously a "game."

This will seem like your typical complaint/whine/bitch topic and yeah it might be, but the fact of the matter is, before I quit I wanted to share my opinions in a non-angry, non-trolling way. I learned long, long ago that I would never be able to play this "game" the way I wanted and I made peace with that. I figured I'd work with it and get my enjoyment out of it, and for a time, I did. But like many games, it has very little "realism." Yes, I know; it's a sim and meant to be as realistic as possible, and no game is without its flaws or bugs...

But gosh damn, lol, you've got to be kidding me. I've run in to at least three different managers now that abuse Mike's incorrect clinch mechanics. And yes, I have the audacity and reason to call it incorrect, because it's absolutely hilarious how bad it is. Have you noticed the flavor text? Either he messed up the attacker/defender parts in some lines, or the clinch game is really just a massive joke.

I'm going to sound butthurt here, and I am a bit, even though I planned on leaving ages ago, but I wanted to go out with a few wins, and I was shafted each time. First, it was a long time ago, but one of my fighters was literally man-hugged in the clinch for the entire fight, until the end of the third round, where the accumulation of pillow punches suddenly made this warrior say "naw dude i quit lol im so tko'd evne tho these punches are weak. this is realistic." Then recently, my 5-0 heavyweight prospect was clinch whored to exhausted status, and then TKO'd with Chael Sonnen-esque attacks. And the final nail in the coffin, a guy I HAD been working on for a while--tried one of them 18-year-old project things--but like all of my fighters, stopped training or giving a s*** about two months ago, and so he too was clinch-whored and defeated, via split decision. Now, I understand, if I had kept up on training, the last two guys might have won (the first guy was training constantly and this was back when I actually liked this game, so of course I was devoted), because the absolutely silly decay system put in place. Yes, I know, it makes sense and is realistic, but it's silly due how to ridiculous it gets, especially at later ages. I won't even get into that because in a way, it works. It's not broken. It's realistic. Howeer...

The clinch game is an absolute gosh damn joke. Skim over this play-by-play. Do not read each individual line. It is irrelevant.

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=460120

I'm not sure if this manager is a newbie or a genius exploiter, but either way, this is absolutely retarded. Name the last time you saw a fight IRL where the two guys did absolutely nothing but clinch with each other, AND BOTH TRY TO ESCAPE AT THE SAME TIME. WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS? CLEARLY WE BOTH HAD OUR "BREAK CLINCH" SLIDERS SET PRETTY HIGH, SO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY WHEN BOTH ARE TRYING TO GET AWAY, THE OTHER SUDDENLY DENIES IT? THIS...IS...ABSOLUTELY...PATHETIC. It is absolutely infuriating.

Again, I was quitting anyway, but seeing this has prompted me to actually make a post, and I couldn't care less if I offend any one or break any rules because I'm done here. I'm not paying for VIP any more and over time I will just stop logging on entirely. If I want a real MMA game, I will play EA MMA on the 360. If I want a real MMA sim, I will play World of MMA or one of the various free ones. I played this one for the MMO aspect of it. I loved it at first. It's so unique and brilliant, but with one guy coding the entire thing, it's not unfeasible for something so pathetically bad to slip through like this. I have met at least three clinch-whoring exploiters, and I won't be meeting any more. I'm done.

Thanks for reading my rant, it made me feel better. I probably won't check this topic.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Wow you definitely got robbed there bro. He landed a total of 2 body punches the ENTIRE FIGHT and won doing nothing but clinching and break clinch. I'd be pissed too if it happened to me.

who cares about that fight? now its all about who gets his cash!

• Downvote 3

Get better at clinching? AMIRITE? :boxing:

Not even that, just get his fighter to have really good takedowns. Hell even try to pull guard.

• Upvote 1

I was actually going to make a topic about this fight after reading the event commentary. How is it even possible to win three rounds if you only land two strikes and your opponent lands in every round?

I was actually going to make a topic about this fight after reading the event commentary. How is it even possible to win three rounds if you only land two strikes and your opponent lands in every round?

Same way you win the LNP, control. To elaborate on my previous post. I have a guy in LA Combat, and he gives you plenty of time to prepare yourself for the fight. For me I get a fight once a month. Had the OP looked at this guys previous fights and prepared for it, he could have steamrolled him. Some clinch or some takedowns, with strength for easier control in the clinch. But I guess making a whine post is a fine substitute for scouting and a proper gameplan.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Useless MT guy (ye I know wrestling will play into this) hugging a wonderful MT guy and gets the W with two punches?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_AJimB2EU8dE/S9YLXIwsXWI/AAAAAAAAAP0/FszKZW7vkyg/ROFL.jpg

This will seem like your typical complaint/whine/bitch topic and yeah it might be, but the fact of the matter is, before I quit I wanted to share my opinions in a non-angry, non-trolling way. I learned long, long ago that I would never be able to play this "game" the way I wanted and I made peace with that. I figured I'd work with it and get my enjoyment out of it, and for a time, I did. But like many games, it has very little "realism." Yes, I know; it's a sim and meant to be as realistic as possible, and no game is without its flaws or bugs...

But gosh damn, lol, you've got to be kidding me. I've run in to at least three different managers now that abuse Mike's incorrect clinch mechanics. And yes, I have the audacity and reason to call it incorrect, because it's absolutely hilarious how bad it is. Have you noticed the flavor text? Either he messed up the attacker/defender parts in some lines, or the clinch game is really just a massive joke.

I'm going to sound butthurt here, and I am a bit, even though I planned on leaving ages ago, but I wanted to go out with a few wins, and I was shafted each time. First, it was a long time ago, but one of my fighters was literally man-hugged in the clinch for the entire fight, until the end of the third round, where the accumulation of pillow punches suddenly made this warrior say "naw dude i quit lol im so tko'd evne tho these punches are weak. this is realistic." Then recently, my 5-0 heavyweight prospect was clinch whored to exhausted status, and then TKO'd with Chael Sonnen-esque attacks. And the final nail in the coffin, a guy I HAD been working on for a while--tried one of them 18-year-old project things--but like all of my fighters, stopped training or giving a s*** about two months ago, and so he too was clinch-whored and defeated, via split decision. Now, I understand, if I had kept up on training, the last two guys might have won (the first guy was training constantly and this was back when I actually liked this game, so of course I was devoted), because the absolutely silly decay system put in place. Yes, I know, it makes sense and is realistic, but it's silly due how to ridiculous it gets, especially at later ages. I won't even get into that because in a way, it works. It's not broken. It's realistic. Howeer...

The clinch game is an absolute gosh damn joke. Skim over this play-by-play. Do not read each individual line. It is irrelevant.

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=460120

I'm not sure if this manager is a newbie or a genius exploiter, but either way, this is absolutely retarded. Name the last time you saw a fight IRL where the two guys did absolutely nothing but clinch with each other, AND BOTH TRY TO ESCAPE AT THE SAME TIME. WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS? CLEARLY WE BOTH HAD OUR "BREAK CLINCH" SLIDERS SET PRETTY HIGH, SO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY WHEN BOTH ARE TRYING TO GET AWAY, THE OTHER SUDDENLY DENIES IT? THIS...IS...ABSOLUTELY...PATHETIC. It is absolutely infuriating.

Again, I was quitting anyway, but seeing this has prompted me to actually make a post, and I couldn't care less if I offend any one or break any rules because I'm done here. I'm not paying for VIP any more and over time I will just stop logging on entirely. If I want a real MMA game, I will play EA MMA on the 360. If I want a real MMA sim, I will play World of MMA or one of the various free ones. I played this one for the MMO aspect of it. I loved it at first. It's so unique and brilliant, but with one guy coding the entire thing, it's not unfeasible for something so pathetically bad to slip through like this. I have met at least three clinch-whoring exploiters, and I won't be meeting any more. I'm done.

Thanks for reading my rant, it made me feel better. I probably won't check this topic.

Ok... so now "Clinch" is an exploit because you suck at it.

Let me guess, Striking is perfect because your designed for it, or is it the ground game that is great since you built your fighter for that?

You need to be ready to fight in all 3 realms. Your right, their are very few fights that spend an entire 3 rounds in the clinch, because real life MMA fighters are skilled enough to counter and avoid it. How well is your guy prepared for it?

How about we do read the PbP, it is very relevant

WHAT DID FURY DO IN THE CLINCH?

Fury wants to break free. God knows he wants to breaaaak freeee.

Fury tries to break free but Dogbrother pushes him back against the cage.

Fury tries to break free but Dogbrother pushes him back against the cage

Fury wants to get back to striking at distance but Dogbrother won't allow it.

Fury is looking to break free of the clinch but Dogbrother has double underhooks.

Fury is trying to work out of this bad position, with his back against the cage.

Fury is trying to break the clinch but Dogbrother has him pressed against the cage.

Fury wants to break free. God knows he wants to breaaaak freeee.

Fury keeps the fight in the clinch, despite Dogbrother's efforts to push away.

Fury is trying to break free.

Fury can't break the clinch

Fury is trying to push Dogbrother away but Dogbrother has him pressed against the cage, so he's going nowhere.

Fury is trying to break the clinch but Dogbrother has him pressed against the cage.

Fury wants to get back to striking at distance but Dogbrother won't allow it.

Fury wants to push off and get back to the center of the mat but Dogbrother has him pressed against the cag

Fury wants to break free but Dogbrother has control.

Fury gets tackled into the cage by Dogbrother. Dogbrother maintains the clinch.

Fury prevents Dogbrother from breaking the clinch.

Fury tries to break the clinch but Dogbrother is controlling the position.

Fury is trying to break the clinch but Dogbrother is controlling him.

and that is just the 1st round.

YOUR SLIDERS ARE TERRIBLE. What is that like 75% aggro, 100% break clinch? You mounted ZERO offense and ZERO tactics, and you wonder why your opponent just held you in clinch and beat you?

You threw zero strikes

You attempted zero takedowns

You didn'y attempt to pull guard

You just squirmed around like a bitch, couldn't get away, and now you think it's broke.

I have plenty of fighters who rely heavily on clinch, and yet against top managers it is far from this debacle even when I do have a nice skill advantage. This is a slider problem (maybe even a skills problem) not a game problem.

• Upvote 9

I had a guy in ONI who did exactly the same thing. He was beating people who did exactly what you did and getting terrible ratings and pop. I mailed his next opponent and said if he never attacks you don't need to defend. He went full aggro and strikes. He beat the guy so bad he went FA the next morning.

• Upvote 1

I am no slider expert to any extent but I agree with AJ here. I too think he could have done better with his clinch tactics.

That being said, maybe there should be a change to how many referee clinch breaks there are in situations like these. Also, clinch breaks should be easier to get after maybe 2-3 times each attempts to break the clinch? Just a suggestion which would make sense. I do believe this can in a sense be an exploit because people who do not come to the forums would never know about how to counter it. And YES, they should if they wanted to know but a small change could benefit all the new managers whilst not killing this as a viable strategy.