Countering

aylib

I'm not exactly a noob, but I feel I still have a whole lot to learn. One of those things is countering; I keep reading about the old days, when countering was the way to go...what about presently--what are scenarios that favor countering vs. going with aggro?

There is no magic answer when to use counter dude.

Some of these things you will just have to learn. Nobody is going to be able to come in here and tell you "you should always counter when your opponent has xxx stats and you have xxx stats." You just have to get a feel for it. Imo countering definitely has distinct advantages over opponents who only do one thing though for sure. If you see an opponent who only throw head punches then he should be very susceptible to being countered.

I have had a lot of luck countering lately, but its a fight to fight basis.

• Upvote 6

The best way to consider counter is knowing when you need your moves to land enough to sacrifice the aggressiveness it'll cost you using counter

1) when staying on your feet or taking it to the ground is the best way for you to win against a guy who prefers otherwise, counter helps you get the fight where you want it

2) when a guy sub spams or head shot spams or leg kick spams, counter will help deal with that predictability

I'm not exactly a noob, but I feel I still have a whole lot to learn. One of those things is countering; I keep reading about the old days, when countering was the way to go...what about presently--what are scenarios that favor countering vs. going with aggro?

You won't likely out strike a superior striker over the course of a fight by countering.

You will have trouble countering a very accurate opponent.

You can get lucky with a big strike by countering.

Countering is a good way to score takedowns or engage in a clinch.

-------------------

Countering was very broken before, the old days were not better in that regard.

You won't likely out strike a superior striker over the course of a fight by countering.

You can get lucky with a big strike by countering.

Countering is a good way to score takedowns or engage in a clinch.

-------------------

Countering was very broken before, the old days were not better in that regard.

Countering is also very good for defensive grappling.

So if I fight against someone who always counter, then would be a good idea to put my fighter to be very accurate (like 70%, eg)?

I mean, I will fight against a fighter who always fight by countering, sometimes this fighter lands some head shot when he is countering, and a couple of times he try some takedown in his counter moves.

My fighter can only fight in stand up, he would be killed in the ground. So I was thinking, what would be the best strategy to fight agains some counter striker like him... should I prioritize a lot in accuracy and be more agressive (like 60% agressive and 70% accuracy), or should I set to my fighter fight countering him as well? Just for the record, I think he is not match against my fighter in the stand up game.