"Stolen" design

verbalkint

Well, yesterday i realised that quite a cool clothing company - Affaketion - is going to bite the dust... which now happened, this was the owner who is inactive and lost VIP: Peter Dragon

My favourite set ever was from Affaketion, i tried to get some more but they were sold out. I had some of them still in stock, so i thought over reproducing a bunch just for myself, but well, the ps addict in me came out, so i played around with it a bit.

Why i'm writing this... well, i am going to put the new version (i worked a bit on quality, deletet all Affaketion and RL trademarks) in my store to keep this fine piece of tycoon design alive, i don't want to step on somebodies toes and so better publicly state that i am stealing this lol.

If the mentioned user isn't the original designer and i am stepping on the toes of somebody else, please give me a mail to discuss it and, my word on it, if the person says "don't use it", i won't of course. Same goes for Peter Dragon, if you are a friend of him and he ever returns, let him know please, i'd help him with some bucks to start new and also would leave the decision in his hand.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3114/1300914064ringwalktop2.png http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8911/walkout.png

• Upvote 1

Well, yesterday i realised that quite a cool clothing company - Affaketion - is going to bite the dust... which now happened, this was the owner who is inactive and lost VIP: Peter Dragon

My favourite set ever was from Affaketion, i tried to get some more but they were sold out. I had some of them still in stock, so i thought over reproducing a bunch just for myself, but well, the ps addict in me came out, so i played around with it a bit.

Why i'm writing this... well, i am going to put the new version (i worked a bit on quality, deletet all Affaketion and RL trademarks) in my store to keep this fine piece of tycoon design alive, i don't want to step on somebodies toes and so better publicly state that i am stealing this lol.

If the mentioned user isn't the original designer and i am stepping on the toes of somebody else, please give me a mail to discuss it and, my word on it, if the person says "don't use it", i won't of course. Same goes for Peter Dragon, if you are a friend of him and he ever returns, let him know please, i'd help him with some bucks to start new and also would leave the decision in his hand.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3114/1300914064ringwalktop2.png http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8911/walkout.png

I was considering making a thread like this myself, about some other clothing designs that the companies have disappeared. There's a lot of great designs out there that completely died with their clothing company. I think as long as nobody is using that design/set, feel free man. It doesn't hurt anybody by you using it, and if it makes you happy (you said it was your favorite) go for it. As long as there's not a legit active owner out there with that design that you'd be preventing to give business, I think it's cool that you'll keep it alive and allow other managers/fighters the option of potentially buying it and wearing it in the future.

If you can find the original owner, try to buy or compensate him for the design. That's what I always (tried to) do.

I have quite a few designs that I've saved, and planned on editting in the future when I get the time, or altering and making them into a Convicted brand. Figured I'd make a thread, just like this and post the designs, to see if the original owners pop up and object. If they're gone, they're gone, and you're free to use it IMO.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback bud... what i think is problematic in this special case is that i did not put it in my store 1/1 and that i branded it as an own design... which also had to do with the RL logos on the shorts. Like i said, it went from reproducing it for myself to deleting the short logos to making an own "version"... which i in the end put in store. I wrote a mail to the Affaketion owner (who did not login since july though) and now also linked this thread.

I just renamed the set by adding "(Affaketion tribute)" to it which i think is a good solution.

I agree... I have quite a few designs that I don't wear because they are no longer available like these below. Sweet designs should continue to be produced

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1266130525Konflikt3.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1269739459Star%20white.pnghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1271916799pirates.png

Just realized that some guys I cut had some choice old school threads too, damn

i think something is wrong with the business's for sale -- i cant believe no one put a bid on a company that had over 800k -- unless someone got it and closed it up right away which i dont think happened but could of -- i had couple different people say they have placed bids and the companies just end up closed

Actually it was picked up by someone in my alliance. I have no idea what their plans are. You've always seemed to be a stand up guy Verbal, so I won't be saying shit about it. I think he just got it for the money anyway.

Oh... i used the company search to check if Affaketion is back again, but due to the special signs Affaketion is written in i was unable to locate it i guess and so i thought it did not get picked up. Didn't know there was so much money in it (btw, where can i find this info? Via "Companies for sale" you just can see depts and while being on sale the store isn't in the money rankings per city anymore?). Well, better contact the new owner now.

I have the company and was going to close it today. There are a lot of designs still there that aren't on the public view, including the ones shown on this thread.

My manager name is razz prince and if you want the company you can mail me with the reason I should sign it over to you and or any offers - I will make a decision on the destination of the company later today.

Usually I would just close it down but this co has a lot of cool designs and a bit of mma tycoon history so would be a shame to see it all just disappear.

Cheers

I have one design in my store that is from a company defunct for over a year... i credited the original company by making it a memorial shorts for that company... and I would have compensated the owner, but he quit the game...

as long as the companies for sale though, one should wait if it gets picked up and talk to the new owner of the design...