A New Way To Stop Takedown Spamming

Well if the fighter could only go for a takedown twice a minute what would he be doing the rest of the time with slider set to 100%? I'm in favor of the fatigue change. Just like in real life: you can try to shoot for the takedown 100 times a round but it's pretty damn stupid and tiring :) Of course I don't know how the fatigue numbers actually works in this game.

3 or 4 a minute with the "takedown spammer" settings
2 a minute would limit to 30 a fight, which is still excessive, but not 100+. People shouldn't have the energy to even pull off that many attempts, even with Elite cardio.

2 a minute would limit to 30 a fight, which is still excessive, but not 100+. People shouldn't have the energy to even pull off that many attempts, even with Elite cardio.

pretty sure this is the consensus, but we have to wait for a fix.

Well if the fighter could only go for a takedown twice a minute what would he be doing the rest of the time with slider set to 100%?

Besides getting hit, he'd be looking for the opportunity to shoot. That's it. Note that you would also need to set your fighter to "Follow My Orders" 100% and "Stay on the Outside" 100%, in addition to "Try Takedowns" 100%. I don't think I've ever seen a fighter ever approach an opponent that way. You don't even do that in a wrestling match.

Well it's not realistic and would be pretty damn anoying to the managers with plain bad luck. I've seen fights where my takedown slider was about 10% and all the guy did was shoot for takedowns the whole match :)
If you adjust the sliders so they follow your gameplan, they don't do that.

Except some fighters are just GnP on the ground and has Frank Mir even pounded anyone out on the ground before? I always ignored him.

Well, then, in that case, Mike should prohibit putting it at 100% standing aswell, cause otherwise it's not fair.

Nah. You see fighters not shoot for the takedown once. You don't see fighters shoot for the takedown 40+ times. It's about realism, not fairness.

Nah. You see fighters not shoot for the takedown once. You don't see fighters shoot for the takedown 40+ times. It's about realism, not fairness.

OK, if only I had Nick Diaz's phone number... I would ask him if he would be as kind as to throw 50 takedown attempts.