Overeem?

Haha @ no crowd. 47,000 people at Pride 1 is no crowd. At the same time the UFC was holding events for 5000 people. Come on son! Now why doesn't anybody take you seriously?

Here is why i will always own your ass. Because you dont know shit about the sport and i do. Take out your note pad and learn little kid.

I didnt say Pride 1 now did i? I said the first 3 years they started. Pride 1 drew a croud because they had Rickson Gracie vs a Pro Wrestler. That crowed was solely there for Pro Wrestling. 3 year earlier Yoji Anjo, Takada's understudy, went to Ricksons gym to fight him and get credability and press for Union of Wrestling Forces International or UWFI. Rickson kicked the shit out of him and all the Japanese press was on hand. UWFI went under in 1996. Now Takada was getting "revenge" on Rickson. Keep in mind 1 year before Pride 1 Takada was headlining Pro Wrestling match that drew 67,000 fans and 5.9 million gate. He headlined 3 other events in the last year that drew 64,000-65,000. You will also notice that the Pride events after UFC 1 do not have an attendance. That is because there was almost no one there. There were no big Pro Wrestlers and no Rickson Gracie who was made famous to Pro Wrestling fans due to Anjo. I have Pride 1-8 in a box set and there is almost no one there. When they put the attendance back on wiki it was Pride 7 with 10,031 people in attendance. It wasnt until 2000 that Pride started its GP and had built up another pro wrestler in Sakuraba and also had Takada and Royce. This was when they were able to finally keep drawing the Pro Wrestling crowd. They finally had a japanese pro wrestler, kickboxer, or Pancrase guys in every match.

If you are going to nutride Pride. at least learn its history. Who runs it, who made it big, and what their goal was when creating it. Pancrase and Shooto were mixing Fighting and Wrestling and it was hurting Pro Wrestling Orgs. Pride wanted to go one further and go into Fighting. But quickly realized it was not possible to create the stars that the other promotions had create with scripts. They couldnt compete as a pure fighting Promotion in Japan. So they had to do what Shooto and pancrase did but which is appeal to the Martial Art and Pro Wrestling fan bases.

This is why there is so much fishy stuff going on through out Sakuraba's career. He was the only thing selling seats in Pride for a very long time until Yoshida hit his popularity peak. He got in spots where he had to get a win over a big name. At the time MMA sites were talking about how much trouble they were in Because Saku was done and there was no other Japanese draw. Then he started getting suspect wins. Then they turned their attention to special rules matches with Yoshida. There is a common theme here. Pride was selling everything they could under their banner. Everythign was selling but real MMA. It just didnt appeal to their masses. So we got Silva vs Cro Cop to piggy back K-1 success. We got Royce vs Yoshida grappling match 2 times. Then we got Yoshida vs Rulon Gardener.

The truth is Pride could have continued to run with the highest paid MMA fighters if they wanted. They just couldnt keep stealing K-1 and Pro Wrestlers anymore who were in demand and very well paid. But they closed down because MMA without the pro wrestling doesnt sell.

Class dismissed!

I don't understand why you think Wanderlei was gift wrapped a career over there. It makes zero sense.

LOL no sense? 11 of his 28 fights in Prdie were 185 or smaller fighters. He is supposed to be a top 205 and spend most of his career fighting much smaller guys. There was a few of his legit fights he should have lost. I felt Hendo beat him the first time. He was dropped in many of his fights even by the 170 and 185 fighters. I dont think Rampage was ever that great a fighter. He has his match ups but over all he isnt that great. Silva was always a better fighter than him BUt it isnt saying much. He really lost both of his fights with Arona But he was given a gift in the one fight. Under sized fighters and japanese cans and bums is why he was able to go 5 years without a loss. When you are protected from guys who can beat you you tend to look better tha you are. Belfort was in Pride back then and in Silva 28 fights never wanted to avenge his loss? They even made sure Chuck didnt get to meet Silva in the GP as we saw later they knew he would lose. Even with Dana betting them 100,000 on Chuck beating Wanderlei they did everything they could to prevent the fight from happening. Silva was protected. Not saying he wasnt a good fighter. But when you have a guy who is a good fighter being hailed as the greatest fighter for 6 years when he wasnt even close. Then i refuse to give him any credit.

Im just a keyboard warrior lol. I have proof that i have trained with some great fighters. I also have proof i have fought. NOt prize fighting but fights none the less. I am willing to bet you have no where close to my level of training. I have trained with guys who have fought and succeeded in the UFC. went head to head on the mats in sparred boxign with them. You are the definition of a Fan Boy. I dont agree with your love of a fighter you have never met so you are going to call me names. You blindly defend something you have no connection to and i know for a fact you wasnt even watching the sport back them. I was following it first hand. You hear everything second hand years after the fact on forums by other fan boys.

Alright, your relentless retardation talked me into it...

Anderson Silva moved up to fight LHW's before. He lost to lighter fighters in PRIDE too. Wanderlei Silva fought people lighter than him, but he fought HW's too. Where's the logic? You're definitely a keyboard warrior, and just because you might of been in the same gym as somebody doesn't make you a real fighter.

I seen the early UFC's on re-runs and DVD's when I was little but I didn't start following MMA til 2000-2001. So at best you have 7-8 years of "following it" before me. That's worth nothing though, except you'd remember the days of Abbott, Gracie, and Shamrock a little more lol.

It's not love of a fighter you never met you idiot (yes you deserve to be called names at this point lol you bring it on yourself) it's respect for what he's done to get where he is. Cuz he sure as hell has done a lot more than me and you have ever done. You type a big game, but it's prolly a reaction stimulated from personal weakness & lack of achievements & ability. You refuse to give somebody credit, yet you're typing on your keyboard about how you've trained with the pro's & you know what it takes like you've been there & done that.

Were you in the army?

Did you play professional sports?

Did you do anything that required physical endurance & toughness successfully?

Maybe you're Tank Abbott's long lost inbred cousin?

Wait! I've figured it out, you must be one of the guys in this video:

Sure you can say you have more "training" than me, but how many fights have you been in? How many people have you actually been in a physical altercation with? Couple wrestling matches? Lil backwater inbred hillbilly squabblin with the cousins? I can't even take you seriously cuz when you type, you talk like you're a trained athlete when you're clearly not, you're prolly just another statistic - a wannabe keyboard warrior pretending he had potential to be something at some point. I bet you're not even a "has-been". I bet you're an out of shape, never-been-nothin loser in the middle of nowhere who has nothin better to do than get online & try to make himself feel better about his lack of accomplishments by bashing a much more successful individuals career. If you were "in the game" like you make it sound, I think you would have more respect for fighters careers that were much more successful than yours ever was or will be.

It's that simple. I know you couldn't back up any of the shit you talk through the keyboard either. If you were a fighter, you're not now, and the time you dedicate on talkin negatively about other more successful fighters careers proves to me you're about as in shape as those two fighters in that video above, which means you're prolly equally harmless & much less skilled.

I would put you in a flying scissor hold choke in seconds, with little to no effort. Wouldn't even break a sweat. Flex my guns for the camera's while you tap out like a lil bitch. I would fuck you up. Snap your dick off & jam it into your asshole.

Now take a step back, and litterly fuck your own face.

• Upvote 3

You wouldnt do jack shit. You will sit behind a keyboard like the piss ant you are. Thats what you do. Thats the only thing you can do. I never have claimed to be a pro fighter. I have street fights and it isnt with midget paper weights like you. Yes i do know what it takes to be a fighter. I have seen it first hand many times. Now you wouldnt know that because you never step foot in a gym to see what successful people do. You havent wetn head to head on the mats to see where you stand. Im not one of the people who thinks you have to do to be an expert in something. BUt it sure as hell helps a lot when you at least get your feet wet and have trained a little in the sport. To know what a BJJ black belt is like by not only seeing but rolling with one. To know what a hard hitting heavy weight punch feels like. How can you know what it takes to be a fighters when you have never see a pro train to the levels that get at? You cant. I have spent my entire life training with athletes. I trained every day with my brothers HS and college football teams. I was just as big and strong as anyone on the teams. I just never wanted to compete. I never wanted the attention. I trained because i liked it. So no i dont put other men on a pedastol who for the most part are not that far above everyone else. Maybe you should go to a gym and watch your beloved pros get their ass kicked in training. Our Black Belt who won multiple Sub of the nights in the UFC would get his ass owned on the mat by at least 5 guys in the gym. None of them were fighters. Yet i am supposed to warship him because he won some fights and got to the UFC? For the most part a fighters career is determained by luck and match making and politics.

Like i said you will never understand. You are to "impressed" by everything SOMEONE ELSE does. Im 32 years old. Not 12. I dont need heros. I respect what people really do. I dont need to ignore flaws that i see in a fighter just because it hurts your feelings. Get over it. I go to fights to watch fights. You would go to watch men. When i meet a fighter i either dont even talk to them or i will talk to them about their fight. You would suck their dick and ask for an autograph.

Like i said. Your boy held the #1 ranking for 6 years that he didnt deserve. He got dozens of easy fights to build his confidence and build fake hype. If you knew anything about the fight game you would realize what confidence means to a fighter. Silva was protected while guys who woudl own him likw Chuck, Vitor, Randy, and Tito among others where fighting the next guy in line fight after fight.

• Downvote 1

There was only 5 HW title fights in Pride History from 2001-2007. UFC had 9 during this time.

There were only 6 LHW title fights in Pride History from 2001-2007. UFC had 12 during this time.

There was only 1 Middle Weight title fight in Pride history from 2005-2007. UFC had 5.

There was only 1 Light weight title fight in Pride history from 2005-2007. UFC had 2 but didnt have a LW division half of the time.

Who gives a shit how many titles defences guys in the UFC had against guys who didn't belong there with them anyway -- if we subtract some of the fights where the challenger had no chance (Eilers, Monson, Buentello at HW and Tanner, Shamrock, Sinosic, Sobral and Horn at LHW -- don't even get me started on the joke that was UFC MW in that time period) they're basically the same number.

Who gives a shit how many titles defences guys in the UFC had against guys who didn't belong there with them anyway -- if we subtract some of the fights where the challenger had no chance (Eilers, Monson, Buentello at HW and Tanner, Shamrock, Sinosic, Sobral and Horn at LHW -- don't even get me started on the joke that was UFC MW in that time period) they're basically the same number.

No they aren't because I can go back and revise history for Pride also. Hunt was a bum as was kanehara and Tamura. Hell if we are honest all the fights were bums since the UFC exposed Cro Cop, Wandy, Gomi, etc.

Here is why i will always own your ass. Because you dont know shit about the sport and i do. Take out your note pad and learn little kid.

Oh my, you're so mistaking if you think I'm going to read all that stuff.

In the first three years Pride had three events of 40000+ people. You know how many times the UFC had a crowd of 40000+ people to present day in the US? A total of 0 times in almost 20 years. What you mean with no crowd is an attendance of around 12000 people, which is about the average of the UFC now.

Now I explain why you don't own my ass. You type books of ridiculous opinions that nobody reads and when somebody actually does it's pretty much certain that they think that you're a nutcake. At the same time you think that you're owning. You're not crazy. It's everybody else.

I know this has massively gone off course but going back to Overeem, my opinion is once a glass chin always a glass chin, he'll crumble as soon as someone can hit him, JDS will walk through him, I'd be surprised if he lasted a round.

Somebody overloaded the BrainSmasher. I think he got to you as well. I don't think JDS is not going to run through Overeem. And I'll bet that it lasts more than a round.

Overeem is a glass cannon. He can destroy you, but a well placed punch can make him crumple if you have the power. JDS has the skill to land and the power to make it count. Overeem does not have Big Country's chin or confidence in spite of having the better striking skill and body. Werdum gave him troubles striking. JDS is on another level than Werdum.

• Upvote 1

Funny the japanese are the ones who dont know anything about the sport. In fact they are not there to see MMA to begin with. Look at Pride when they started. The first 3 years they had no crowd. IT wasnt until they brought in the pro wrestlers and fixed fights they could compete with Pancrase and NJPW. Hell the japanese crowd cant even spot a fake fight.

Of course the Vernon KO looked fake. He got his eye socket broke and claimed it was an eye poke. He got cracked and went down holding his eye.

I see im going to have to explain things slower. what you are saying is getting borderline retard. The UFC doesnt control the judges. In fact they havent controled the judges since 2001 and events in New Jersey in 2000. You simply dont know what your talking about. My brother just become a licensed judge and doesnt answer to the promoters at all.

What does that Rampage interview have to do with anything? All he said was "AT THE TIME" he "BELIEVED" the UFC controlled the judges and screwed him and hinted that he dont believe that now but how he felt then. He is full of shit. You have to remember he was out of his fucking head at the time and it was like the next day that he went on a Rampage and the police arrested him at gun point.

They set up Ken vs Tito because it was a grudge that has been boiling for a long time. Not expecting any of you noobs to remember that. Ken claimed he was hurt for the fight. Since Tito was ducking Chuck at the time they didnt have much fights left so they set them up again. Then it was a contraversal stoppage and they did it again after they coached TUF. NOt the most competitive fight but light years ahead of the match ups Pride was doing. Also before anyone of you Nut Priders bag on the UFC using Ken. You might want to be away that when Ken fought Tito the second time he was coming off a fight with Sakuraba. In fact Ken was coming off a decent run in Pride when he fought Tito the first time. He was smashing Fujita until the famed "Petey my heart" fiasco and he went to a split decision with Frye. So it doesnt loom good you say Ken shouldnt have been used in the UFC when Pride used him at the same exact time.

Yes Chuck did go on a run and beat Chuck. What that says is Couture had finally declined to the point he could no longer beat Chuck. When randy was 40 and Chuck was 34 Randy was better. BUt not 3 years later. He gets old too. Chuck sure as hell wasnt getting better in his mid to late 30's like you are trying to act like. Im sure Vitro Befort could beat Randy today. That doesnt mean Vitor is now Couture 2003 level. It just means Couture has declined a ton since then.

I will try to answer this but it doesnt make ant since at all. No it wasnt 10 years ago Pride went under and no the UFC doesnt have champs that hold belts for 10 years. Because this is a competition with the best fighters in the world. THe UFC doesnt avoid talented fighters they seek them out. They dont hide their champs and make their fights non title fights so they can hold the belt for 6 years and never defend them like Wanderlei Silva and Takanori Gomi and Fedor. The average UFC champ lasts 2 years or 2-3 title defenses. THe talent is to deep and the sport evolves to fast. Only in a fantasy land where you have a pro wrestling pro motion pretending to be a MMA promotion do every champ hold the belt for 6 years.

How do i know there were no other fixed fights? Because the UFC has no reason to be behind them and we have laws agains them here and most importantly i watch the fights and can tell if a fight is fishy. You never know 100% but you have a good idea. Fighters will never admit them. To this day Coleman still refuses to admit he took a dive vs Takada. He will only say he did things he wasnt proud of and took the match because he needed money. Most of these guys still hope to get work in Japan. Coleman and Randleman and many others have done pro wrestling there and dont want to admit to anything. It can also have a negative effect on their MMA career. To this day Don frye refuses to admit he paid MArk Hall to take a dive. Even though Mark Hall admits it and Andy Anderson another UFC fighter at the time said he stood in the meeting with Frye, Hall, and their manager and it is in every MMA book about the times. Not that you need that much proof since it was one of the worst worked fights in history. They didnt even try to sell it.

There was only 1 fight i was ever suspecious of in the UFC outside those two fights. I thought the fighter took a dive but later i realized it was just one of those things after seeing the guy fight more. It was Yves Edwards vs Hominick. At the time there was a rumor that someone dumped a huge amount of money on Hominick who was like 3-1 or 5-1 underdog since Yves at the time was really the uncrowned champion of 155 in the UFC. Hominick was supposed to be a striker and Yves was well rounded. Yves ended up taking him down and getting submited. The fight didnt go how anyone expect. There was a huge bet made on the underdog and Yves had already had a fight booked in Pride exactly 1 month later. I suspected he bet his purse on his underdog opponent and give up the submission to cash in and be healthy for his Pride fight that paid more than the UFC at the time. But really what happened was Hominich had a better ground game than anyone expected. Yves was on the down side of his career and got hurt to the body which later proved was one of Hominicks best punches which hurt Yves so he was open to the submission.

Bu tthat was the closest thing to a fishy fight i have ever seen in the UFC besides the 2 old fights. There are many unconfirmed fights in Pride i would bet everything i have they were works. Specifically the Randleman vs Saku fight. There are some i believe are very likely works. Like Don Frye vs Yoshida.

Retarded BS .

Somebody overloaded the BrainSmasher. I think he got to you as well. I don't think JDS is not going to run through Overeem. And I'll bet that it lasts more than a round.

I'd take you up on a bet for any money for JDS to beat him via finish. 1st round I'm not so sure about but like I said it wouldn't surprise me.

Oh my, you're so mistaking if you think I'm going to read all that stuff.

In the first three years Pride had three events of 40000+ people. You know how many times the UFC had a crowd of 40000+ people to present day in the US? A total of 0 times in almost 20 years. What you mean with no crowd is an attendance of around 12000 people, which is about the average of the UFC now.

Now I explain why you don't own my ass. You type books of ridiculous opinions that nobody reads and when somebody actually does it's pretty much certain that they think that you're a nutcake. At the same time you think that you're owning. You're not crazy. It's everybody else.

I type opinion? How about you provide a source on the attendance for Pride 2? You cant because you are talking out your ass. Every other event, Pride 1,3,4,5,6 had Pro Wrestlers headlining. Which i explained for those who can read. The only other number there is a source for was Pride 7 with 10,000 which was mostly due to their previous events which appealed to Pro Wrestling fans. Pride was always built on Pro wrestling fans.

I will help you the arena that Pride 2 was held, the only of the first 6 Pride events without Takada, has a MAX capacity of 17,000. This was the same arena that only sold 10,000 at Pride 7. Pride 6 was also held here. Pride 8 arena capacity is only 10,000.

Yes 10,000 is a lot by US UFC standards. BUt it isnt by Early Pro Wrestling Pride standards and later Pride that was built on Pro Wrestling. It shows how much attendance they lose without a side show. Pride 8 had MArk Coleman, wandy Silva, Sakuraba, Royler Gracie, Renzo Gracie, Igor Volvchanchin. Yet with all that talent they lost almost 40,000 ticket sales without Takada. Then when they brought Takada back for the GP in 2000. Attendance was back up to 48,000. Pride 9 was next with out a Pro Wrestler and its new Star(After the 90 minute Royce fight) Sakuraba and they were back in 10K arenas.

So again you are proven stupid. MMA was never big in Japan at the start. Only Pro Wrestling which everyone already knew. Off of that Pride was able to keep a very small portion for MMA fights until they got those pro wrestling fans to jump on the Saku bandwago whch was 3 years into their existance.

Here is Prides savior. He single handedly created Pride, filled the seats, and made Pride a brand for which the company was built on.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20100622014244_Untitled1.JPG

No they aren't because I can go back and revise history for Pride also. Hunt was a bum as was kanehara and Tamura. Hell if we are honest all the fights were bums since the UFC exposed Cro Cop, Wandy, Gomi, etc.

lol, Wandy and Gomi were already losing in Japan -- and Cro Cop knew he was losing his mojo too -- that's why he eye poked Barnett and refused the chance to fight Fedor again.

P.s.

http://i39.tinypic.com/f1ighu.jpg

#1 LHW in UFC history (pre-Jones anyway) getting destroyed by a mid level fighter in Pride.

lol, Wandy and Gomi were already losing in Japan -- and Cro Cop knew he was losing his mojo too -- that's why he eye poked Barnett and refused the chance to fight Fedor again.

P.s.

http://i39.tinypic.com/f1ighu.jpg

#1 LHW in UFC history (pre-Jones anyway) getting destroyed by a mid level fighter in Pride.

The same way he was owned by a reality tv star? He made Forrest look like Anderson Silva LMAO!!!

http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/407219341.jpg

BTW, if i remember correctly Cro Cop turned the fight down because they tried to put Fedor into the finals of the GP without fighting his way through the tournament. BTW when did Cro Cop become some test? He was a product of the over hyped compeition. In fact Pride was built on UFC rejects from their first event. They were always a step behind the UFC because they were running on UFC trash. Name 1 other a time a pure kickboxer or K-1 guy had any success in MMA? It never happened. ONLY in Pride was Cro Cop and his piss poor MMA skills a threat. ONLY in Pride could Mark Hunt work his way into the top 5. Which let me tell ya that is a real feat considering the Pride top 10 changed about of much as the 10 Commandments.

• Downvote 2

The same way he was owned by a reality tv star? He made Forrest look like Anderson Silva LMAO!!!

http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/407219341.jpg

BTW, if i remember correctly Cro Cop turned the fight down because they tried to put Fedor into the finals of the GP without fighting his way through the tournament. BTW when did Cro Cop become some test? He was a product of the over hyped compeition. In fact Pride was built on UFC rejects from their first event. They were always a step behind the UFC because they were running on UFC trash. Name 1 other a time a pure kickboxer or K-1 guy had any success in MMA? It never happened. ONLY in Pride was Cro Cop and his piss poor MMA skills a threat. ONLY in Pride could Mark Hunt work his way into the top 5. Which let me tell ya that is a real feat considering the Pride top 10 changed about of much as the 10 Commandments.

Its probably better that kickboxer are ranked top10 not NLF player and of course in 2012 not it 2000. And of course not to mention that Hunt is also top10 ranked now in UFC.

Its probably better that kickboxer are ranked top10 not NLF player and of course in 2012 not it 2000. And of course not to mention that Hunt is also top10 ranked now in UFC.

Exactly :D

Also, Forrest was a UFC champion, so the way you are framing this discussion is pathetic brainsmasher.