Is GnPing asking to get injured?

wonkey

I've had a few fights where my guys have beaten the other guy mercilessly using GnP for a while. These have been, without fail, the fights where my guys get long-lasting injuries. I don't come close to these injuries doing anything else.

And to add insult to injury, the other guy tends to be injured for a shorter, albeit long, period of time!!

So, is it just me, or is GnPing your opponent asking to get injured?

(Not that it's gonna stop me. It seems to work nicely in certain circumstances. Just wondering)

Actually, that's probably it.

I thought it was more than one guy, but looking again, the truth is that the other guy doesn't seem to suffer too much from his GnP more than anything else. He got injured for a long time after one fight, but that had a bit of everything, including beatings from the other guy before my guy pulled off the win

One of my guy's actually broke his hand on the mat during GnP and suffered a 12-day injury for it. It was his premier fight so I can't tell if he's injury prone or not yet.

How do you know he broke his hand? Maybe he twisted his knee shooting for the takedown! ;)

Anyway, my guy just fought yesterday, and dominated a 3 minute fight with GnP. The other guy didn't get in any offense, and my guy just battered him. My guy left the fight with a 9 day injury - his opponent had 16 days.

That doesn't make any sense. Where did you get that from?

From what I've seen and heard, injuries depend largely on what happens during the fight. The hiddein factor determines how bad they'll be. Obviously, at the low end, sometimes the hidden attribute will save you from any injury.

But, again, this is just a guess based on what I've seen and heard

I've had a few fights where my guys have beaten the other guy mercilessly using GnP for a while. These have been, without fail, the fights where my guys get long-lasting injuries. I don't come close to these injuries doing anything else.

And to add insult to injury, the other guy tends to be injured for a shorter, albeit long, period of time!!

So, is it just me, or is GnPing your opponent asking to get injured?

(Not that it's gonna stop me. It seems to work nicely in certain circumstances. Just wondering)

I am in your boat...my guy has had 2x16 and 1x15 day injuries in his last 3 fights, all wins.

I don't know if using ground and pound makes you more injury prone,however I only have only one ground and pound fighter,and for about 3 fights in a row(Don't remember the other two) hes came out injured for 15/16 days and in one of them he was never hit not even once but still had a 16 day injury.I like to joke around and make up excuses say he must have broke his hand punching the other guy's head.He is easily my biggest injury prone fighter.

I like to joke around and make up excuses say he must have broke his hand punching the other guy's head.He is easily my biggest injury prone fighter.

The good thing for our guys is being injured doesn't matter with training so we just have to wait for 2 weeks between fights at least :)