This Should be the Case - variety of attacks.

ajperok

All other things being equal.

I think.

A fighter with

13 kicks /13 punches should be better than a fighter with 15 in just one.

13 elbows/13 knees/13 punches should be bettre than a fighter with 15 in just one.

13 ground n pound/ 13 submissions should be superior to just one.

--- especially as more time passes during the fight, as well as in the career.

Is it? I don't know for sure that it's not. However, while we are looking at the long term viability of the game, I feel it may not be.......

13 is aribitrary, could be 12, 11 whatever.

I would just like to hint to the programmers that it is a concern of mine.

• Upvote 1

supposedly a more variety of attacks is suppose to be better as long as you use the variety and mix it up -- as you mention someone with just punches is suppose to be very predictable and less effective -- now to what degree i dont know and only mike would know but he has mentioned that mixing it up would produce better results then a fighter that just does one thing -- also not sure how much fighters intelligence figures into it either

Supposedly the counter engine is designed to work well against the same attack. The only thing I am unsure of is if the control aspect of clinch works in this respect (which I don't think it does) guys with high str/wrestling can control the clinch well no matter how varied the attack is against him

A fighter with

13 kicks /13 punches should be better than a fighter with 15 in just one.

13 elbows/13 knees/13 punches should be bettre than a fighter with 15 in just one.

13 ground n pound/ 13 submissions should be superior to just one.

1. 13 Kicks + 13 Punches is already vastly superior to 15 Punches + no kicks or the other way around.

2. 13 Knees + 13 Punches is already better than 15 Punches in the clinch (Elbows.. not sure, depends how cut resistant the other guy is), outside the clinch is another matter.

3. It's definitely superior to 15 subs, the other way is debatable though honestly GNP seems to have vastly more to do with positional control than the actual stat so probably 13 subs + 13 GNP trumps 15 GNP.

I think it stays the same for 12, but the gap is shrinking.

2. 13 Knees + 13 Punches is already better than 15 Punches in the clinch (Elbows.. not sure, depends how cut resistant the other guy is), outside the clinch is another matter.

Really?

I can show you more than a handful.

http://www.mmatycoon...php?FTID=481521

Boorg

14 MT

14 Wrestling

13 Boxing

15-- Clinch

14++ Strike D

14++ Elbows

10++ Punches

10++ Knees

Strength 15+, Agility 15--

- uses a balanced attack with punches, knees and elbows.

Redenbacher

14 MT

15 Boxing

14 Wrestling

- only throws punches

Boorgs Fight Card

Clinchwork

Head punch: 11 (7)

Body punch: 4 (0)

Elbow: 12 (5)

Knee head: 10 (1)

Knee body: 11 (2)

Regardless if I totally fucked up my sliders, and everything else.

Why does Boorg land more punches than elbows? The benefit for throwing even Elite elbows is a waste of strike. Boorg lands more punches with a mere 10, than with an almost Elite Elbow. Every fight looks like that.

- There is no benefit to mixing up Clinch Strikes.

In other words- HAD BOORG THROWN ONLY PUNCHES.... HE WOULD HAVE DONE BETTER.

• Downvote 1