Advantage? Lighter fighter vs Heavier Fighter

Rambo

If I go into a room full of 5th graders I can probably whoop damn near the whole class before going down under the press of bodies.

Don't underestimate them, they can be vicious little cbombs.

• Upvote 1

if you're talking about something i posted in here i didnt say that lighter guys should be given strength advantages because that really does not make sense and no one in their right mind would think a lighter guy vs a heavier guy is going to be stronger. if you are by chance talking about what i said then what i meant to say if i worded it wrong was that a shorter guy should be stronger than a taller guy if they are the same weight. and the taller guy should be a bit faster. but thats kind of a discussion abuot height and this post is i think about weight. but i guess those are 2 seperate issues in the game that both need a little bit of tweaking.

if you're talking about something i posted in here i didnt say that lighter guys should be given strength advantages because that really does not make sense and no one in their right mind would think a lighter guy vs a heavier guy is going to be stronger. if you are by chance talking about what i said then what i meant to say if i worded it wrong was that a shorter guy should be stronger than a taller guy if they are the same weight. and the taller guy should be a bit faster. but thats kind of a discussion abuot height and this post is i think about weight. but i guess those are 2 seperate issues in the game that both need a little bit of tweaking.

I think the guy with higher speed + agility should be faster.

• Upvote 1

yes but if 2 guys have identical physicals and identical weights cutting down from the same weight the taller should have like a small advantage on hand speed imo ie agility. the shorter guy who is cut to the same weight from the same weight as the taller guy would be stronger and have more power in the shots he landed. he would be better in the clinch and on takedowns and stuff.

in no way did I imply that a guy with low physicals should out of nowhere dominate a shorter fighter because he is taller than him. I have already said there should be equal advantages and disadvantages to different dimensions we choose for our fighters.

• 7 months later...

I remember reading this thread when it was created and it was part of the reasoned I joined an open-weight tournament recently with my lightweight.

I was just curious if people still think this and also how much the size advantage will really make a difference in my fight....

160lbs vs. 252lbs

Any advice for taking on a much larger fighter?

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think that weight should be the only factor, however i do feel that weight should play a more significant role. Cutting weight in particular. If i was to propose a formula it would look like this:

You take the weight class (lets say 265lbs) and minus it from the underlining weight class (in this case it is 205lbs) which gives you 60. Then lets assume a 210lbs fighter went up against a 265lbs fighter. The 210 fighter would get a 8.33% boost to his overall physical ratings for the fight (5 / 60 x 100) The 265lbs fighter would get a 100% boost. Anyone under the minimum of 205, would get a hit and guys over 265 would get a + to 100%. This way cutting max weight will be a massive advantage in fights.

It could be argued that speed gets less with size (actually it is not argued, but anyway), but the point is that a larger fighter should have a physical advnatage in a fight, if not why do most top level fighters try to cut the max weight possible

I don't think cutting to must weight is a advantage but a disadvantage.It alright for a few pounds but trying to cut down to 170 when you walk around at at lean and already in shape 189 is spastarded (and yep see a real fighter do this and he got his ass kick in the frist round). Some guys are retarded and over do and they look good in good shape but there dehyrated and tire and usually lose. So there should be a penalty in the game if you cut to much weight

I am 6'7" and 245lbs, I used to train in a fight team which included sparring with dudes that were around 5'9" and 145lbs. In terms of standup, distance striking, I had a reach advantage for sure but I was significantly slower than they were, especially when it came to counter striking with kicks. I could check their kick but they'd be gone before I could return one. On the other hand, if I was able to grab them, or land, obviously I was able to man handle them all I wanted.

I agree with most of what you have to say CK, though perhaps looking at tweaking the game in a different way where potential is applied to ALL skills, including physicals and it is affected by height & weight as well as age?

For example (JUST AN EXAMPLE BITCHES!), smaller fighters have a lower max strength range than bigger, and vice-versa for speed/agility, or... a 95% change of that (to allow for little freaks!).

To make it more complex, that speed/agility can be applied relatively based on the secondary, for example 2 fighters have speed 10. They have kicks 10. They have strength 10. However they're the two sizes I listed above so now the smaller fighter has a relative higher speed and better chances for low kicks with SFA chance of landing high kicks, with reduced general damage. Whereas the tall fighter is inverse, being a bit slower, slightly lower chance of low kicks but decent with body and head assuming he can overcome the speed difference. However if he lands, that little fellow will break in half.