dear org owners

Lockdown

I don't understand why everyone is so against auto accept. If you leave "needs a fight" checked and you don't log in for 3 days. Then don't sign with an org that chooses that !~>>>OPTION!<<~~! It's BS that everyone who plays this game is effected by a small amount of people who cant devote a whole 2 mins every few days. I don't want to be saddled with them. I already don't offer fights to anyone who is inactive 3 days and release anyone who goes to 15. If you are going away for a week...uncheck the box and you would be clear. That would have to be changed as well obviously for this to be fair. If the box is unchecked then you wouldn't be able to offer them a fight, at least not an auto accepting one.

Seriously if you don't log in for a week and you don't bother to uncheck the "needs a fight" box then why should anyone feel sorry for you for getting some fights locked in? Take responsibility for your own actions and don't hold up everyone else's game when you can easily uncheck the box. Once again this would be OPTIONAL ...nobody would be forced to accept this situation....so if you don't like it thats fine but that doesn't mean its bad for everyone.

• Downvote 3

I would rather see this same thing you posted with one variation. Instead of an auto-accept it should be considered an auto decline. That allows the org owner time to find a new fight for this. And it prevents the manager from sitting on this offer until he gets an extremely favorable matchup. I am no fan of the guys sitting on offers forever. My answer to them is really simple. You want to sit in the stands and watch fights... fine... I will book you a fight two game years from now with my spare bot and let you rot. I would only do this with cronic offenders or guys that refuse to reply to PMs after they have definitely logged in. Auto-accept is not a good option. Way to much ability to abuse.

Now that makes sense :yes:

• Upvote 1

I would rather see this same thing you posted with one variation. Instead of an auto-accept it should be considered an auto decline. That allows the org owner time to find a new fight for this. And it prevents the manager from sitting on this offer until he gets an extremely favorable matchup. I am no fan of the guys sitting on offers forever. My answer to them is really simple. You want to sit in the stands and watch fights... fine... I will book you a fight two game years from now with my spare bot and let you rot. I would only do this with cronic offenders or guys that refuse to reply to PMs after they have definitely logged in. Auto-accept is not a good option. Way to much ability to abuse.

Agreed. Auto decline would be perfect because it will reset inactivity as well. Sounds good to me.

Yeah, auto decline doesn't accomplish anything that couldn't be accomplished by simply cancelling the fight offer, which I do anyway.

If people are against auto-accept, give org owners the ability to rate managers. There needs to be some sort of incentive for fighters to not be full on douches since a small but significant number of managers here seem to have no sense of common human decency..

• Downvote 1

Yes, there is a point. Auto decline would reset their inactivity clause to where just changing the fight doesn't. Auto accept is a stupid concept. You shouldn't be able to force someone to accept a fight offer at all. It doesn't make sense. In CowardlyJacky's case, he wouldn't be able to take 300k from an org owner and then walk because he won't accept or decline any fight offers.

There is no auto force for org owners so why do you seem to think it's fair for managers? Something needs to be done but auto accept isn't the answer.

• Upvote 2

I don't understand why everyone is so against auto accept. If you leave "needs a fight" checked and you don't log in for 3 days. Then don't sign with an org that chooses that !~>>>OPTION!<<~~! It's BS that everyone who plays this game is effected by a small amount of people who cant devote a whole 2 mins every few days. I don't want to be saddled with them. I already don't offer fights to anyone who is inactive 3 days and release anyone who goes to 15. If you are going away for a week...uncheck the box and you would be clear. That would have to be changed as well obviously for this to be fair. If the box is unchecked then you wouldn't be able to offer them a fight, at least not an auto accepting one.

Seriously if you don't log in for a week and you don't bother to uncheck the "needs a fight" box then why should anyone feel sorry for you for getting some fights locked in? Take responsibility for your own actions and don't hold up everyone else's game when you can easily uncheck the box. Once again this would be OPTIONAL ...nobody would be forced to accept this situation....so if you don't like it thats fine but that doesn't mean its bad for everyone.

Hi, I run a top 10 org and devote a lot of my time to booking fights, creating tournaments, and even doing videos. Not to mention managing 15 fighters. So not just a few minutes a day, but an 1+ hours a day, and even I think you take this shit to seriously. If they don't accept, they don't accept. I do think the current system is dicked up, since they can basically get away with never accepting a fight and ultimately steal you're money. Auto Decline would remedy this, and not force someone to take a fight they may not had any intention of taking in the first place.

Should never be introduced. Some people are busy during the year. I left a few fight offers sitting for more than 3 days when i disappeared. If i came back and seen them all auto accepted i would be pissed when i left a message on my profile saying i wasn't gonna be on. Very few org owners look at players profiles or anything like that before they send out fight offers. The "need fight" button is ignored all the time. Only in one case has someone mailed me about it because i set all my fighters off "need fight" to resting.

I look at it from both ends of the table. I book in advance personally just to get it out of the way and to make sure people know when they are fighting, where they are fighting and who they are fighting. I don't wanna be scrambling around a week out from an event looking for a fight. I find that very off putting if orgs do that and tend to not re-sign or stay with them. Some people are just difficult to work with when it comes to it. You learn the lesson and move on.

^^ +1, you should always plan in ahead if your a responsible person anyways and for up and coming Orgs is a major thing because some people like to have a chance to train their fighter in certain skills and pertains to their opponent, like if you have someone strongly stand up based and you pit him against an excellent wrestler/bjj with a week notice... they'd probably decline or vice versa, youd like to have a fair chance to make build some ground game yourself or work harder on hittin that next punch technique level or whatever your style/strategy would need

i can understand some people like to fight often and some dont, so wouldnt it be easier if you like to fight more often just to message the org owner to try and get you in the next card, like yall say, people drop out or fights dont go down and you need replacements, talk to your org owner, they will usually work something out with you, most of yall tycoonians are good people and should work together to adjust to what you both want/need

• Downvote 2

I don't want auto anything. Have a little faith. As for the need fight thing as i explained i unticked all the boxes, i put up in my manager profile that i was gone. I still came back to fight offers i know myself first hand that when you are in a hurry you do not look at the "need fight" you just look for the clock. If auto decline is introduced it should be at least a week not 3 days as some managers play the game sparingly and only log once every few days because of work, family stuff etc.

I told MLC in Montreals owner that i was going to not be on or taking fights for a few weeks. He offered me a fight for a month and a bit later which for me was fine (I was also champion in that org so i did feel kinda bad). I told another org owner that i was going away they sent me a fight offer that day for a week after. As i said with everything you find orgs you like and orgs you dislike. I have tried to give every org a chance to find out which ones are the best for me. The reason i leave contracts sitting for a few days isn't for more money, its so i can ask people about the org and if they like it.

Honestly, when people uncheck the needs fight box they almost never re-check it. They just forget about it. I have had many managers in the past send me nasty mails demanding to know why I was holding them hostage or simply enacting their inactivity clause when they had the needs fight box unchecked the whole time. As a result I admit I never even look at it anymore. If you are healthy and haven't mailed me about time off then you are getting a fight offer. I mostly got tired of seeing managers use the inactivity clause without ever checking the needs fight box. At least the ones who mailed me allowed me to respond and explain why there was no offer, but losing fighters for such a stupid reason was getting too rampant to let stand anymore.

Yeah, I don't even pay attention to the needs fight box because I haven't been in anyones org who used that. They've just always sent me fight offers whenever they see fit and I keep my box checked at all times. I really don't see a huge point in it honestly as if I'm ready to fight I'll accept the fight but if my fighter is hurt or I want a few extra weeks I'll decline it with a little note. I really just don't see the huge deal with the "needs fight" check box.

Now the needs contract check box I'll uncheck immediately and then when I'm ready for contracts I'll contact an org owner or uncheck the box. That box I find very useful and to me so far is the only check box that seems relevant.

Yes, there is a point. Auto decline would reset their inactivity clause to where just changing the fight doesn't. Auto accept is a stupid concept. You shouldn't be able to force someone to accept a fight offer at all. It doesn't make sense. In CowardlyJacky's case, he wouldn't be able to take 300k from an org owner and then walk because he won't accept or decline any fight offers.

There is no auto force for org owners so why do you seem to think it's fair for managers? Something needs to be done but auto accept isn't the answer.

If someone leaves a fight offer on the table for more than one week, it also resets their inactivity clause, so no, auto-decline wouldn't do anything at all. I'm not saying that auto-accept is the answer, but auto-decline would be absolutely useless and pointless.

I don't want to see busy people punished either, so I think there is nothing wrong with a multiple log in based auto-accept instead of a time based one. If you have time to log in, you have logged in three times, you should have responded to the fight.

If we don't use auto-accept, we need something else to punish dishonest managers. The power is waaaaaaaaaaay too far in favor of the cheaters at this point in time.

I don't buy the "busy life" excuse. It doesn't take that long. You could log in and make a decision in less than 30 seconds. Why are so many people afraid of the auto accept? If you log in and make decisions then it would never affect you. If you are one of the duchebags who don't show up for a week at a time then don't accept a contract from an org that uses that option. How can you be against something that is optional? It doesn't force you to do anything that you don't pre-agree to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, here is one hypothetical scenario.

Lets say I had a semi developed fighter who has won 6 fights (4 Qfc's) and received semi decent hype as a result, ranked around 1000 p4p.

I get into an accident, lose internet access or whatever else that can cause me to be away from the game for a week or so.

I had no chance to change anything in the game, as this was a sudden thing.

When i get back, I find that my fighter is locked in a fight against a monster project with no fights and a p4p ranking of +28k.

There is nothing i can do about it, since the system fucking "auto accepted" the fight.

Obviously this is a fight i would under NO CIRCUMSTANCES accept willingly.

Still, the fight takes place and the project easily hammers his way through my youngster,possibly adding a KO and injury, which serves only to shorten my fighters fighting carreer.Afterwards, my fighter is ranked c.a. p4p 13k, while the opponent is ranked c.a. 900 p4p.

And just to top that up to complete the fucking disaster, my managers account is suddenly ranked in the 500's.

If we had a perfect Tycoon world, completely rid of douschebags and smelly mancunts fucking other players over, this might work, but that simply isn't the case in MMATycoon.

In MMATycoon there are some cocky old pricks, playing along with newcomer pricks, abusing anything they can abuse in this game.

Hence, any "Auto Feature" that forces a player to take ANY fight, is a very bad and easily abusable idea.

So,, from the bottom of my beating Tycoon heart...... FUCK THAT SHIT!

• Upvote 1

I don't buy the "busy life" excuse. It doesn't take that long. You could log in and make a decision in less than 30 seconds. Why are so many people afraid of the auto accept? If you log in and make decisions then it would never affect you. If you are one of the duchebags who don't show up for a week at a time then don't accept a contract from an org that uses that option. How can you be against something that is optional? It doesn't force you to do anything that you don't pre-agree to.

It doesn't make any difference to me whether you buy any excuse on the matter.

When you sign up to an Org, you don't "pre agree" to take any fight offered

Every 3-4th fight i get offered these days is a bum fight in one way or the other.

It can be a mismatch either way, a ridiculous hype diff, it can be in a completely different city than the fighter signed up to or whatever the fuck else.

Regardless of that, I am the manager of my fighters, not the Org owner i sign him with.

Therefore is it up to me, what fighters they fight against, not the org owner.

So, whether you understand that or not, that's how it is AND how it should be.

In fact, what you are proposing isn't MMATycoon,, it's OrgTycoon, where managers aren't needed.

One could flip that and ask for system run Orgs, no need for Org owners at all. :yawn:

• Upvote 2

Are you one of the Douschebag org owner (or Staff member) who offers complete mismatches and gets pissed off when the mismatches are rejected, only to have wet dreams of managers having to accept fights they donðt want under the "auto accept" system proposal?

It's excellent the Org you represent is Hilo based, then i never have to worry about accidentally signing fighters to that org.

Grasman, you are completely ignoring the fact that time and time again, we have said that going inactive WOULD NOT result in an auto-accept. It would only take effect if you logged in multiple times and did not respond to a fight. If you lost internet access for a week, you would not get forced into a fight. Auto-accept is only being proposed to eliminate the people who log in every day, but refuse to respond to offers.

Auto-accept is not necessary for people who go inactive. When an org owner sees a grey or yellow clock next to a fighter's name, he can assume that person is away and cancel the fight offer immediately. Things don't drag on for days or weeks. However, when someone logs in every day, the least they can do is respond to offers.

I don't think anyone (at least any more) is suggesting that you would be forced into an auto-accept if your internet went down and you couldn't get online for a week. It would only apply if you logged in and ignored fight offers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Grasman, you are completely ignoring the fact that time and time again, we have said that going inactive WOULD NOT result in an auto-accept. It would only take effect if you logged in multiple times and did not respond to a fight. If you lost internet access for a week, you would not get forced into a fight. Auto-accept is only being proposed to eliminate the people who log in every day, but refuse to respond to offers.

Auto-accept is not necessary for people who go inactive. When an org owner sees a grey or yellow clock next to a fighter's name, he can assume that person is away and cancel the fight offer immediately. Things don't drag on for days or weeks. However, when someone logs in every day, the least they can do is respond to offers.

I don't think anyone (at least any more) is suggesting that you would be forced into an auto-accept if your internet went down and you couldn't get online for a week. It would only apply if you logged in and ignored fight offers.

This^

I could not care less whether it has to do with going inactive or not.

I am the manager of my fighters, not the org owner. PERIOD.

Therefore am I the only one to accept or decline ANY FIGHT THAT GETS OFFERED TO ANY OF MY FIGHTERS.

This is ASBOLUTELY NOT NEGOTIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REGARDING MY OWN FIGHTERS AT LEAST.

I could accept a tickbox where managers could "opt in" to this system, but as a blanket thing over all managers,,,

NO FREAKING FUCKING WAY.

It would simply mean I would only do QFC's if this was introduced, no Org fighting at all.

This is actually the worst idea i have ever seen proposed here on the forum.

It's actually worse than the ticker crap idea and i thought that crap would never be beat. :sad01_anim:

I still don't like this idea for 2 reasons. The first being I've held off on accepting or declining fight offers for an org owner before. And the second thing that would piss me off is I've been places for long periods of time and used my phone to log in which at the time had basic internet and no touch screen. Therefore I wasn't able to click accept or decline. So now you're saying because I don't have a touch screen smart phone and someone offered me a fight that I have to limit my log ons or take an auto accepted fight because of this auto force rule.

It's just not a fair rule to a manager. If you make it a contract option, fine, but the managers who pay attention are going to decline it and the ones who don't are going to end up getting screwed into something and someone will come to the forums freaking out. It's just not a good situation. Auto-force is not the answer.

Orgs don't have an auto force clause for anything they do. Orgs set contracts, orgs set every limitation for a fighter to accept or decline. They choose the signing bonus, base pay, win bonus, inactivity clause, contract completion date. They have all the power on all of these. So how is the power unbalanced? Orgs have all the power. I don't choose my fighters worth, fight length or any of that. I can communicate with an org owner and try to get soemthing done, but if the org owner doesn't like it then they don't sign me. Tell me how that's an imbalance of power to managers over org owners? It makes no sense.

And as far as the ones arguing it being the ones who sit on fight offers, you're completely off base. Ask any org I've been in and they'll tell you I accept and decline any fight offer recieved that very day. Ask the owners of UPG Vegas, Ascension, Fighter's First Championship Sydney, Wolf Palace, Nemesis and anywhere I've previously been. It's not the case, I just don't think auto-force is reasonable by any standards whether it be contracted, log ins or inactivity.

• Upvote 1

The first being I've held off on accepting or declining fight offers for an org owner before.

And as far as the ones arguing it being the ones who sit on fight offers, you're completely off base. Ask any org I've been in and they'll tell you I accept and decline any fight offer recieved that very day. Ask the owners of UPG Vegas, Ascension, Fighter's First Championship Sydney, Wolf Palace, Nemesis and anywhere I've previously been.

These seem like two conflicting statements. Just sayin

These seem like two conflicting statements. Just sayin

Haha, it does look that way, but he offered me the fight in the morning and I held off until night when I got the go ahead to accept it. But I kept logging back on and off to check my PM's to see what he wanted me to do meaning after so many log ins, it would have auto-accepted that fight.

But it was still same say, so the statement stands. Lol