Warning: Champions Cage of Rage scam email

I received the following PM from one of the owners of Champions Cage of Rage in Sydney :

Hello,i am a reasonably new fight org owner looking 4 new and good fighters. but do not have the budget or funds yet to pay what a reasonably good fighter is worth. so instead of a slap in the face contract offer,i am sending these mails looking for mangers who are intrested and can also understand my situation and be kind of enough 2 lend some of there fighters to my org for a smaller contract then they would recieve somewhere else.the highest i can go right now is 2k/2k/2k and for smaller fighters a bit less.and u wont have 5 fight contracts it will be 3 or 4 maybe even 1 fight if u would like, we can work something out :)

this has been a mass mailer lol

we all have to start somewhere:)if its a no i understand,but its a lot faster to send mails asking if they wanna join instead of sending contracts that are just a slap in the face lol

Usually being one who likes to help out newer members, I checked out the org. The owners are NOT new. Switch Blade has been in the game for one year and Jonathan Brookins has been in the game for a year and a half. Brookins definitely has money.

There are some true noobs out there who need help. Don't get sucked in and scammed by veterans posing as noobs to try and sign you to a below market contract.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Thats me u are talking about bro,and it was not my intension to piss people off.but it would seem that it has and yes it is true i have been in the game for almost a year now,but i have never run an Fight org be4 so that would make me a rookie at it.my intensions was not to scam any1.

i am new at the Fight org business and still trying to work thing out.

if u have a problem just tell me so i can explain i do not wish to affend any1,if u knew me u would relise im not like that ask any1 that has delt with me in the past :)

so i do appoligise for getting our wires crossed,i seemed to have pissed u off.so i am sorry for that

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I received the following PM from one of the owners of Champions Cage of Rage in Sydney :

Hello,i am a reasonably new fight org owner

And it says new org owner not new player,although still learning a lot.sorry for the confusion.

if u would talk to me with your point of view i could explain.

but not by running my name and company down bro,not cool

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

And it says new org owner not new player,although still learning a lot.sorry for the confusion.

if u would talk to me with your point of view i could explain.

but not by running my name and company down bro,not cool

You aren't hurting for money. You have run three events, signed 88 fighters, and still have $170k in your business account. What is not cool is asking for charity when you don't need it.

I believe you when you say you are generally a good guy with good intentions. However, this was kind of a sleazy move IMO

• Upvote 1

Thor HGH gave me 100k litterly 2hours ago.he called it an xmas gift lol wich was very nice of him.

then that all went in the org to make it better.

And if u dont think im telling the truth u can ask him.

now money is not the problem i need to find fighters now,and as for contract i am willing to discuss prices and how many fight they are willing to sign for.

like i said im not really a sleazy person,if it came across that way im vey sorry to every1 involved,that is not me

• Upvote 1

And it says new org owner not new player

That's what I was about to say.

Running an org sucks, it's a lot of work for very little reward. Back in the day 5K/5K/5K was what the #1 P4P fighter would be lucky to get.

No harm no foul imo, it's not necessarily a scam by any means. Now C BD's slave offers (not sure if he/she still offers them?) are scams. A 1/1/150000 deal for a noob who's gonna get fed to much more experienced fighters are scams.

• Upvote 2

That's what I was about to say.

Running an org sucks, it's a lot of work for very little reward. Back in the day 5K/5K/5K was what the #1 P4P fighter would be lucky to get.

No harm no foul imo, it's not necessarily a scam by any means. Now C BD's slave offers (not sure if he/she still offers them?) are scams. A 1/1/150000 deal for a noob who's gonna get fed to much more experienced fighters are scams.

Thank u CK,Finally some1 sees that the email was intended not to be spam or affend any1.

like it says in the mail i sent, i dident wanna send out like 3 or 4 fighter contract to 1 manager with low offers cause that would be a slap in the face to them,but instead send the email looking for poeple willing to fight and earn bigger contracts with the orgs growth.

if it dident come out that way sorry,im not the best at putting what i want to say down on the keyboard :)

and not being able to spell real good limits ya lol so sorry to all did not meen to affend :(

Thank u CK,Finally some1 sees that the email was intended not to be spam or affend any1.

like it says in the mail i sent, i dident wanna send out like 3 or 4 fighter contract to 1 manager with low offers cause that would be a slap in the face to them,but instead send the email looking for poeple willing to fight and earn bigger contracts with the orgs growth.

if it dident come out that way sorry,im not the best at putting what i want to say down on the keyboard :)

and not being able to spell real good limits ya lol so sorry to all did not meen to affend :(

I think your real mistake is being partners with Jonathan Brookins. He was a sleazy manager back when he was running that TTFC contenders or whatever it was called.

• Upvote 4

It seems from your explanation that it was an innocent mistake. There were a few things that looked bad, and then being associated with Brookins made it look ten times worse.

I apologize if I was too quick to judge you. There have been a lot of debates here in the forums lately in which people have expressed a need to be protected from shady org owners. I think most, including yourself, are good guys, so it has got me a little defensive about making sure orgs are run honestly and fairly.

Good luck with your org.

i appreciate the apology bro. :)

I hope to show u and the other managers in time,that i am an honest person and will try to win the respect of my fellow mangers in time :) and try and make my org a place that is fair in fights and just a fun place to fight in, and not to feed smaller fighters to bigger dogs im looking at u (MIchael Vick) :angry:

i`m glad we worked it out, now we can all go get :drunk:

Ironically, I have nothing to do with the email. I agreed to help him matchmake for his Org. And did not discuss being an investor at any point. We were both clear on the terms and everything was legit. Not sure why this thread was created. Switch Blade is indeed not 'loaded' and his earnest PM should not cause this sort of reaction. Sad to see the community like this. He's just trying to learn the ropes of running and Org and networking should never be frowned upon when he's being do up front.

Sad face.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

And I am going to send this org the exact amount of money that was listed in the OP (120,553). Just because I am rich and I want to see a follow up post that says 'SCAMMER GOT BEAUCOUP CASH YO!'

I'm the OP of this thread. I shouldn't have posted this. At the time, I was working on very little sleep and was already pissed about something else. If I had taken the time to PM Switch Blade, this all could've been resolved without dragging his name through the mud. I know now that he is a good manager and org owner, so we can put this topic to rest.

• Upvote 1