Fighter of the Year 2012

Eveas

Fighter of the Year 2012  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which fighter had the best year in 2012?

• Otso Jokinen
    • Pat McDermot
    • Victor Creed
    • Jan Paulsen
    • Anton Chigurh
    • Sam Hall
    • Waru Kuzuri
    • Boba Fett
    • Aaron Witt
    • Christian Segura
    • Jeremy Tonal
    • Merrick Kane
    • Fidel Puno
    • Fat Jobber
    • Charles Martel
    • Chaly Kwidama
    • Bruce Campbell

Otso 2012: Sinuhe Egyptian p4p 1, Roddy Piper p4p 24, Seppo Taalasmaa p4p 8 x2, Takanori Gomi p4p 9 (2-1), Doc Chillum p4p 18 (170 lbs), Vladimir Solovyev p4p 139, Pete Doherty p4p 5, Pertti Peto p4p 38 (170 lbs), Dirk Zeldenthuis p4p 8 (170 lbs), Karl De Groot p4p 12, Osgar MacGregor p4p 284, Felix Flashlighter p4p 5 (170 lbs), Victor Reinhardt p4p 18, Waldorf Astoria p4p 1 (december 31 2011)

Victor Creed 2012:

Randy Ortiz p4p 62, Jan Paulsen p4p 5, Sebastian Bantrell p4p 4, Garson DeBramalo p4p 15, Kupke De Vries p4p 8, Oleg Karev p4p 21, Merrimac Mjolnir p4p 2, Alistair Overeem p4p 37, Evander Holyshit p4p 135, John Jan p4p 86, S. Keletor p4p 74

This is extraordinarily misleading. This is their highest p4p ranking. Not their actual ranking at the time of the fight or as of right now.

NFC must have a far different idea of top competition than I do then. By my quick count Otso fought against top competition 11 times and went 9-2 with 5 KO's. Creed fought top competition 8 times and went 8-0 with 7 KO's.

This is extraordinarily misleading. This is their highest p4p ranking. Not their actual ranking at the time of the fight or as of right now.

i tried to reply JLP "quick count"...

i tried to reply JLP "quick count"...

By that I meant actual top competition. I dont believe guys with 18, 15, and 13 losses who have never beaten any one of note outside of NFC are top competition. Even if they have had a nice run that allowed them to attain a high ranking at one time or another. This game is riddled with fighters ranked way higher than they deserve to be. Otso fought and beat quite a few of those guys this year.

By that I meant actual top competition. I dont believe guys with 18, 15, and 13 losses who have never beaten any one of note outside of NFC are top competition. Even if they have had a nice run that allowed them to attain a high ranking at one time or another. This game is riddled with fighters ranked way higher than they deserve to be. Otso fought and beat quite a few of those guys this year.

Losses dont mean shit, the last four opponents Creed has faced have 37 losses combined. Otso has faced the best there is in the LW and WW division. I can pull out numbers out of my ass too and tell you that this guy is top competition and this isn't.

A fact here for you: Otso has beaten the #1 WW, 1# FW and #2 LW in his last three fights, and is gonna fight the #2 LW in his next fight.

EDIT: "I dont believe guys with 18, 15, and 13 losses who have never beaten any one of note outside of NFC are top competition"

And this statement is retarded on multiple levels since NFC is one of the best orgs in the game and we have some of the best fighters in our organization.

I agree. I really don't understand how this can go to anyone but Creed but I guess that's how popular votes work. While I do think Otso is a great fighter and both are probably better than any fighter I'll ever manage, I still think Creed faced slightly better competition all-around and dominated the competition he did face.

EDIT: "I dont believe guys with 18, 15, and 13 losses who have never beaten any one of note outside of NFC are top competition"

And this statement is retarded on multiple levels since NFC is one of the best orgs in the game and we have some of the best fighters in our organization.

Don't get mad. We can have a debate about this without you getting offended. NFC has a lot of hype and money, but I would really disagree with the perception of the talent level of fighters there. I know your alliance likes to stay close to home, that makes it very hard to judge their fighters abilities against the rest of the Tycoon world.

Don't get mad. We can have a debate about this without you getting offended. NFC has a lot of hype and money, but I would really disagree with the perception of the talent level of fighters there. I know your alliance likes to stay close to home, that makes it very hard to judge their fighters abilities against the rest of the Tycoon world.

Say something they don't like and the commies are easily offended.

• Downvote 2

Not getting mad, but the thing is NFC has a lot of finnfighters and all that mainly because they like to fight in an org they trust and know. It's probably the same with you, you like fighting in EMPIRE because you know the owners and trust them. It's basically the same with FinnFighters but for some reason they get a lot of shit from it.

But basically we've had our fighters compete in many organizations and have had superfights here and in other orgs (and now we have an ongoing deal with IMMA and EPIRE), and we've had multiple legendary fighters in our organization, guys like Waldorf Astoria, Pete Doherty (both of whom Otso has beaten btw) and Golden Glory and etc. We've also had your fighter Galson DeBramalo here.

There is also no denying the fact that Finns have a lot of great managers, and their success is not only limited to NFC. You have a guy like Mr Gutz who is one of the few finns that fight out of Helsinki and is hugely succesful.

Here's the way I see. Otso lost twice this year to Junior Lessard and Takanori Gomi. With Takanori Gomi, after defeating Otso, Takanori went 4-5. After beating Otso, Junior Lessard lost 2 in a row and then retired.

So he lost to 2 mediocre to less than mediocre fighters this year. While he did beat great fighters, it's overshadowed largely by this.

Now Victor fought some amazing fighters and some a little less amazing like Otso. The big difference is Victor dominated everyone who stood in front of him.

So I see it this way, do I vote for GSP who lost to 2 Matt Serra's in one year or do I vote for Anderson Silva who fought similar competition and crushed each and every one of them like ants? Easy choice IMO.

Not for nothing, but Martel had a pretty great year himself. Just to mix it up from the current debates I'd like to add some of my own stats...

1) Martel fought 16 times in 2012, and went 13-3 with 6 KO's.

2) Is a natural BW but has captured the Eminence FW Title, and now holds the Ascension LW Title. He started the year off by first capturing the EFC FW Title.

3) Was ranked as the #1 BW, FW, and LW fighter at some point over the year.

4) Holds wins over Jay Colmen(x2), Ahiga Otaktay(only man to KO Ahiga btw), and Ed Gein. Also beat the shit outta Skid Torres twice just for fun.

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=59546

If that's not enough to win this whole facking thing then I say good day sir!

• Downvote 1

Say something they don't like and the commies are easily offended.

I'm offended by the use of the word "Commies". Please use Communists. Thank you.

Here's the way I see. Otso lost twice this year to Junior Lessard and Takanori Gomi. With Takanori Gomi, after defeating Otso, Takanori went 4-5. After beating Otso, Junior Lessard lost 2 in a row and then retired.

So he lost to 2 mediocre to less than mediocre fighters this year. While he did beat great fighters, it's overshadowed largely by this.

Now Victor fought some amazing fighters and some a little less amazing like Otso. The big difference is Victor dominated everyone who stood in front of him.

So I see it this way, do I vote for GSP who lost to 2 Matt Serra's in one year or do I vote for Anderson Silva who fought similar competition and crushed each and every one of them like ants? Easy choice IMO.

Junior wasn't a loss, just a case of bad judging.

Fun fact: Communists don't have ears.

Otso had a real problem with large cauliflower ears. One time at his fight pre-party, he chopped both of his ears off after being dared to do it.

Junior wasn't a loss, just a case of bad judging.

Even if that's the case, Takanori Gomi wasn't. He had a 4-5 record after beating Otso. Don't get me wrong, I think you're a great manager Opa and I personally have looked up to managers like you since I joined the game. But as far as fighter of the year, I just can't see it going to anyone but Creed. Opa is still the GSP to Victor's Anderson Silva. Creed dominates and finishes almost all of his fights while Opa had more decision wins than Creed. Both faced top notch competition and some not as top notch competition. But Otso dropped the ball against Takanori and lost to a mediocre fighter this year. Creed never dropped the ball and showed dominance constantly.

But that's just my opinion. If Otso gets the award, I won't be butt hurt by any means. These awards personally to me are just one big popularity contest as whoever has the bigger alliance/most friends and allies will get more people to vote and win. These awards are no better than any American political race because the person who jumps on the forums and advertises more will almost always win unless they're Steel Penn. Lol.

So either way this award goes, congrats to the winner. I just wanted to give my point of view.

Even if that's the case, Takanori Gomi wasn't. He had a 4-5 record after beating Otso. Don't get me wrong, I think you're a great manager Opa and I personally have looked up to managers like you since I joined the game. But as far as fighter of the year, I just can't see it going to anyone but Creed. Opa is still the GSP to Victor's Anderson Silva. Creed dominates and finishes almost all of his fights while Opa had more decision wins than Creed. Both faced top notch competition and some not as top notch competition. But Otso dropped the ball against Takanori and lost to a mediocre fighter this year. Creed never dropped the ball and showed dominance constantly.

But that's just my opinion. If Otso gets the award, I won't be butt hurt by any means. These awards personally to me are just one big popularity contest as whoever has the bigger alliance/most friends and allies will get more people to vote and win. These awards are no better than any American political race because the person who jumps on the forums and advertises more will almost always win unless they're Steel Penn. Lol.

So either way this award goes, congrats to the winner. I just wanted to give my point of view.

First of all, the 4-5 record you keep bringing up, two of those losses are to Otso Jokinen and out of the remaining three losses two of them are to the former #8 p4p Seppo Taalasmaa, and again when you fight 17 times a year, there's bound to be some losses. Otso is riding on a 11 fight win streak atm though (the same amount of fights Creed has fought all year)

One more thing.. About finishing fights, Creed is a heavyweight, it's much easier for a heavyweight to finish opponents. Just look at the top 10 HW:s and top 10 LW:s in the game and compare their KO finishes.

First of all, the 4-5 record you keep bringing up, two of those losses are to Otso Jokinen and out of the remaining three losses two of them are to the former #8 p4p Seppo Taalasmaa, and again when you fight 17 times a year, there's bound to be some losses. Otso is riding on a 11 fight win streak atm though (the same amount of fights Creed has fought all year)

One more thing.. About finishing fights, Creed is a heavyweight, it's much easier for a heavyweight to finish opponents. Just look at the top 10 HW:s and top 10 LW:s in the game and compare their KO finishes.

4-5 is still his record regardless of opponents. That's still a mediocre record making him mediocre after beating Otso. Whether he fought cans or whether he fought the best, he lost 5. So Gomi lost I guess 3 if you don't count Otso's 2.

And just because he fought 17 times doesn't mean his 2 losses shouldn't count. Are you telling me Creed will lose 2 of his next 6 because it will be 17 fights? We're voting on the best fighter on the year and that's Victor. Victor did better throughout the year IMO and just because Otso fought more and lost to one mediocre fighter and one bad decision doesn't disregard who did better in 2012.

And yes, you're right that it is easier to finish fights at HWT. That is a valid point to the finishes argument so I'll give Otso the benefit n that.

Make no mistake, Otso is a great fighter, but to say he's had a better year than Creed is simply stupid. Otso lost twice - once by TKO - and Creed went undefeated. Arguments can always be made regarding who's the best, but the winner here is crtystal clear. If any fighter aside from Victor Creed is handed this award, the voting process is flawed.

Make no mistake, Otso is a great fighter, but to say he's had a better year than Creed is simply stupid. Otso lost twice - once by TKO - and Creed went undefeated. Arguments can always be made regarding who's the best, but the winner here is crtystal clear. If any fighter aside from Victor Creed is handed this award, the voting process is flawed.

The voting process has always been flawed. While I think Creed and Kuzuri had better years than Otso, you really can't go wrong with any one of those 3 winning this award.

Yes its easier to get KO's as a HW. Its also a hell of a lot easier to get KO'd at HW. Fact Creed went without getting KO'd should count for as much considering the guys he fought against. Everyone of them had huge power.

Aha, very good counter argument and probably the one that makes the most sense. That alone should make it easier to put together longer win streaks at LW even fighting 17 fights in a year.