Fighter of the Year 2012

Eveas

Fighter of the Year 2012  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which fighter had the best year in 2012?

• Otso Jokinen
    • Pat McDermot
    • Victor Creed
    • Jan Paulsen
    • Anton Chigurh
    • Sam Hall
    • Waru Kuzuri
    • Boba Fett
    • Aaron Witt
    • Christian Segura
    • Jeremy Tonal
    • Merrick Kane
    • Fidel Puno
    • Fat Jobber
    • Charles Martel
    • Chaly Kwidama
    • Bruce Campbell

Martel clearly deserves it in my opinion.

You're a stand up fella Dirky. Except I noticed you didn't actually vote for old Charles. Giving the others a chance I see ;)

There is a reason why there isn't any other lightweights in the top 10, because Otso has cleared out the whole division.

There are 2320 heavyweights in the game. There are 1591 lightweights in the game. Looking at the historic top lightweights versus the historic top heavyweights, there is simply less talent at lightweight and certainly less consistency at the top. It's not a negative for Otso, but you can't use it as a plus either.

Also *IF* Fett beats Diggs tonight. Talk to Chuck and Opa about setting up Otso v. Fett ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Otso has also fought top welterweights. And featherweights. So you can add those classes when trying figure out the talent pool Otso draws his opponents from.

And now middleweights are calling him out.

• Upvote 1

Otso has also fought top welterweights. And featherweights. So you can add those classes when trying figure out the talent pool Otso draws his opponents from.

And now middleweights are calling him out.

I think this is ridiculously close. Don't confuse what I said as an attack on yourself or Otso. There are merits for both fighters. Otso "cleaning out the division." is not one of those merits, in my opinion.

If it makes you feel any better, I've asked for fights versus Heavyweights. Several of them. Golden Glory when he was #1 and when Fett was #3 for one. Just looking for the best fights against the best opponents.

• Downvote 2

CGrace who is Charles Martel? I never heard of him. I voted for Victor Creed. In my opinion 2012 was the year of Victor. 11 fight (it was 12 but there was 1 NC) all won, most by (T)KO against top opponents.

Bragi~

• Upvote 2

CGrace, i am impressed :D. Now, in my personal ranking Charles Martel is number 3! Too bad my ranking isn't worth even a broken penny.

Bragi~

Well since you've ranked him #3 your ranking is now officially my second ranking of choice! Mine being first, obviously :D