Check this anti gun bullshit out.

The fatality rate was 5.4 deaths per 100,000 registered recreational vessels in the same year. This figure represents a slight decrease from the previous year's rate of 5.8 deaths per 100,000 registered vessels.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6601895

See, that wasn't so hard was it? Now you have the unit of measurement (registered recreational vessels) and the exact figure for 2010 (5.4 per 100 000) and also a comparative rate to 2009 (5.8).

So if you had originally said 'the fatality rate per 100 000 registered aquatic recreational vessels was 5.8 people in 2009' you would have been stating a supported fact!

When comparing facts though it is important to use the same unit of measurement, so in your example, 5.8 deaths per 100 000 registered aquatic recreational vehicles would need to be compared against the same unit of measurement. In this case you'd be looking at per 100 000 registered gun owners and possibly per 100 000 registered guns, although the latter would need to go with the former to be informative as only 34% of the population is registered as having a weapon, in the same way most of the US population isn't registered as having an aquatic recreational vehicle. We would also be looking at total firearm deaths as the aquatic vessel figure is not homicide specific.

These numbers, when put into context, and going off these numbers http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states it means that of the total US population, in 2011: 105 740 000 people are registered as firearm owners. There were 32 163 deaths. This means there were 30.42 deaths per 100 000 registered firearms. Even if we look at the total population it becomes 10.3 per 100 000 people.

This is obviously a significantly different number from comparing aquatic vessel fatalities per registered vessels to firearm homicides per population. It is a great example of how numbers can be used to skew the facts.

With 'unintentional gun deaths' accounting for a mere 851 of the 32 163 total firearm deaths in 2011 (still from http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states) there is no possible way outside of willful ignorance to claim that firearms and their proliferation and ease of access do not impact specifically on their intentional use as a killing weapon, whether to another party or unto one's self.

• Upvote 1

It was always a supported fact. Just because you couldnt see it. Doesnt change it was a fact. You could have also looked it up. But you dont want to accept it and wanted to stay in your fantasy world.

Dude... I know you're a halfwit. I know you can't read properly. I also know you're ignorant. But c'mon... really?

'5.8 deaths per 100 000 people' was never an established fact. Ever. You were wrong. You admitted you were wrong yourself. How is this an established fact? Just because you're stupid, just because you quote things you can't read properly or have the intellect to understand, none of this changes the fact.

I did look it up. I gave YOU the correct measurement of registered vessels. I also gave you the link to the US Coast Guard who supplied the numbers. But you don't want to accept it, you want to stay in your fantasy world.

Right now you're sitting at home, licking cheetos dust from your fingers and nodding to yourself thinking, "heh heh, I sure schooled them, my arguments are tight", aren't you? I weep for the future of humanity.

Sorry, I should have know, we're all wrong and you're right again :rolling:

It has nothing to do with right or wrong. Its what you want as a society. I am perfectly fine with all the peoplein prison. I prefer the system we have in that regards. You know how many friends i have who have been to jail? How many family? Neighbors? Or people i even know? Zero!!!!!

Once again, you fail to see where the attention needs to be focussed. It's not about teaching people a lesson once they've gone to jail, it's about not putting them in a position to go to jail in the first place. Focus on education and giving people more of a chance, from deprived areas. The ghettoisation of areas sure as hell doesn't help with education and to keep things on topic for this thread, having guns freely available sure as hell doesn't help ghettoisation.

Ok so what happens to us non criminal people? We are supposed to be a punching bag for the next 50 years while you conduct this experiment? Let the criminals run a muck hopig they age out. Because they are impossible to educate at that point. When you say give them more of a chance. YOu mean desriminate against everyone else by not giving them the same "chance"? What makes you think you can ever fix or bring the education problem up to a respectable level in the ghetto? Even if you could which is doubtful. It means fuck all if you cant fix the employment problem in the country(world for that matter) not to mention the Ghetto. Especially in the Black community. For the most part it isnt even a matter of availible jobs. Many just refuse to work period. UnEm Rate was twice as high as whites. Of course you are in a country where 90+% is the same race. You dont have the same social issues we have on the level we have them. But it is still entertaining to see something think they are smarter than everyone in our country who is dealing with the problems and think its such an easy fix. Oh yeah, stop arresting people. Send the police home we dont need them. Lets just implement Martial Law.

If America was 92-93% white we could do stuff like that. We wouldnt have much crime. But we have large groups of people who cant get along.

• Downvote 1

Dude... I know you're a halfwit. I know you can't read properly. I also know you're ignorant. But c'mon... really?

'5.8 deaths per 100 000 people' was never an established fact. Ever. You were wrong. You admitted you were wrong yourself. How is this an established fact? Just because you're stupid, just because you quote things you can't read properly or have the intellect to understand, none of this changes the fact.

I did look it up. I gave YOU the correct measurement of registered vessels. I also gave you the link to the US Coast Guard who supplied the numbers. But you don't want to accept it, you want to stay in your fantasy world.

You still denied the 5.8 was a real number. Claiming i made it up. So stop back peddling!

Right now you're sitting at home, licking cheetos dust from your fingers and nodding to yourself thinking, "heh heh, I sure schooled them, my arguments are tight", aren't you? I weep for the future of humanity.

actually im sitting in my very successful business and posting on Tycoon between counting money. I guess i will never be successful like you oh enlightened one! :winner:

If America was 92-93% white we could do stuff like that. We wouldnt have much crime. But we have large groups of people who cant get along.

And now it all comes out. A pro-gun, racist, fundamentalist Christian with poor literacy skills. Congratulations, you're a cartoon character.

• Upvote 1

actually im sitting in my very successful business and posting on Tycoon between counting money. I guess i will never be successful like you oh enlightened one! :winner:

I'm sitting on my golden toilet, posting on tycoon between blowjobs from supermodels.

Ok so what happens to us non criminal people? We are supposed to be a punching bag for the next 50 years while you conduct this experiment?

It isn't an experiment. Experiments are for testing things that aren't proven. It is already proven that equal access to education and lower incarceration rates both lower crime.

What makes you think you can ever fix or bring the education problem up to a respectable level in the ghetto? Even if you could which is doubtful. It means fuck all if you cant fix the employment problem in the country(world for that matter) not to mention the Ghetto. Especially in the Black community. For the most part it isnt even a matter of availible jobs. Many just refuse to work period. UnEm Rate was twice as high as whites. Of course you are in a country where 90+% is the same race. You dont have the same social issues we have on the level we have them. But it is still entertaining to see something think they are smarter than everyone in our country who is dealing with the problems and think its such an easy fix. Oh yeah, stop arresting people. Send the police home we dont need them. Lets just implement Martial Law.

What about Canada? It isn't 90% white. Toronto is the most ethnically diverse city in the world and Vancouver is in the top 5. However, ghettos have never been an issue. Why? Education.

Education is controlled at the provincial level, unlike America. This means that every school in a province uses the exact same curriculum. The only minor differences that are allowed are for things like local geography. Standardized testing ensures that all schools are delivering the curriculum equally.

In America, the schools vary greatly from district to district, meaning you are locked out of a good life if you don't happen to live in a good school district. When everyone in an area is locked out of a decent education, all the minority scholarships and racial quotas in the world won't help because even the kids in these areas who really tried hard got a bad education.

You can't blame kids for giving up and turning to the streets when they know their shitty school isn't going to get them into a good university.

And now it all comes out. A pro-gun, racist, fundamentalist Christian with poor literacy skills. Congratulations, you're a cartoon character.

Really how does that make me racist? Learn the definition of Racist before you throw around those big words.

• Downvote 1

It isn't an experiment. Experiments are for testing things that aren't proven. It is already proven that equal access to education and lower incarceration rates both lower crime.

What about Canada? It isn't 90% white. Toronto is the most ethnically diverse city in the world and Vancouver is in the top 5. However, ghettos have never been an issue. Why? Education.

Education is controlled at the provincial level, unlike America. This means that every school in a province uses the exact same curriculum. The only minor differences that are allowed are for things like local geography. Standardized testing ensures that all schools are delivering the curriculum equally.

In America, the schools vary greatly from district to district, meaning you are locked out of a good life if you don't happen to live in a good school district. When everyone in an area is locked out of a decent education, all the minority scholarships and racial quotas in the world won't help because even the kids in these areas who really tried hard got a bad education.

You can't blame kids for giving up and turning to the streets when they know their shitty school isn't going to get them into a good university.

Thats bullshit. We have people turning to crime in every town and city in America from every school district. Im also willing to bet your "Ghettos" are not the size or as poor as ours. Which means regardless of the education. If they are poor they will turn to drugs and crime. Just because you stop arresting them for the same actions doesnt make the action go away.

Saddam Hussain?

Just like Saddam, I am well hung.

Really how does that make me racist? Learn the definition of Racist before you throw around those big words.

Oh the sweet irony of you saying other people don't understand the English language...

Merriam-Webster Dictionary, Racist: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

The belief that colour, i.e. race, is the determinant of the criminal trait. That being not-white is the primary determinant of the inability to get along. That with an overwhelming majority of white race population there would be little crime.

Fucking racist.

• Upvote 1

Which means regardless of the education. If they are poor they will turn to drugs and crime. Just because you stop arresting them for the same actions doesnt make the action go away.

Which is why all of Africa, Asia and South America are all drug addicted criminals.

Fucking racist.

You still denied the 5.8 was a real number. Claiming i made it up. So stop back peddling!

5.8 is a real number. In fact it can also be seen as two real numbers, 5 and 8. Or even 3 real numbers, 5, 8 and 0.8. Numbers are amazing right?

However, 5.8 deaths per 100 000 people due to boating accidents was never a real number. How can you be so fucking stupid you can't understand this? How can you just be so fucking stupid?

• Upvote 1

Just like Saddam, I am well hung.

Oh the sweet irony of you saying other people don't understand the English language...

Merriam-Webster Dictionary, Racist: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

The belief that colour, i.e. race, is the determinant of the criminal trait. That being not-white is the primary determinant of the inability to get along. That with an overwhelming majority of white race population there would be little crime.

Fucking racist.

i was commenting on each races ability to get along. Not saying one was better than the other. The country being the same race doesnt have the same issues. It doesnt matter what race that is.

Of course you are in a country where 90+% is the same race.

See here. I didnt say what race. That is because it doent matter. If you think saying races dont get along is racist then you are a moron. When you have miltiple races there is always tension. Of course when those groups are small the impact on crime rates is very small and little attention is paid to it.

Research conducted by the University of Nottingham suggested that race relations in Britain have deteriorated since the riots and that prejudice towards ethnic minorities is on the rise.[228] Groups such as the EDL and the BNP were said to be exploiting the situation.[229] After the hit-and-run incident in Birmingham, in which three Asian men were killed by a black driver, racial tensions between blacks and Asians in Birmingham increased; hostilities were diffused by the public appeals for an end to violence by Tariq Jahan, father of one of the victims.[198][230]

With only 7% minorities there is still a lot of tension and crime. Now times that by 5 and you have the US. It has nothing to do with one race beig better than another. People are intolerant of each other and diveristy always creates these problems. This is why UK has always had low crime rates. Not because they are white but because there is no diversity.

See here. I didnt say what race.

Wrong.

With only 7% minorities there is still a lot of tension and crime. Now times that by 5 and you have the US. It has nothing to do with one race beig better than another. People are intolerant of each other and diveristy always creates these problems. This is why UK has always had low crime rates. Not because they are white but because there is no diversity.

Wrong.

Belgium's majority ethnic group makes up 58% of the population (Flems), Switzerland's majority ethnic group makes up 65% of the population (German), Slovakian majority ethnic group is 85.9% (Slovak), Afghani majority ethnic group is 42% (Pashtun), in Iran it is 65% (Persian), and so on, and so on. None of these places have crime problems (unless we're hitting Allied war crime territory).

Did I mention... WRONG?

1. Now it's TRUE that the UK has low crime rates? You've denied that a dozen times previously.

2. Your assertion that the UK has "no diversity" is based on what evidence?

I think it's got to the point now where BrainSmashed needs to be treated as if we were to meet him in real life. Just throw fifty cents into his hat, don't make eye contact and try to keep walking without stepping on his collection of plastic bags.

Im also willing to bet your "Ghettos" are not the size or as poor as ours. Which means regardless of the education. If they are poor they will turn to drugs and crime. Just because you stop arresting them for the same actions doesnt make the action go away.

Wasn't that my point? We don't have ghettos because we give solid educations to everyone. Everyone knows that if you get good grades, you will get accepted to university. If you are dirt poor, all of your university expenses will be covered by bursaries, scholarships, and government loans. There is not a single kid thinking he doesn't have a chance of "escaping" his neighborhood.

Getting back on topic, even the Canadian kid struggling in school and experimenting with drugs is less likely to turn to crime because he can't just grab a gun and go hold up a convenience store like his American counterparts. He'll likely just end up a burnout on welfare. That's a drain on the taxpayer, but much less of a drain than the cost of paying to incarcerate him after he turns to crime.

• Upvote 1