Check this anti gun bullshit out.

Illogical Gun Nut: There is no way that we can get rid of guns. I need a gun to protect myself!

Skeptical Man: What do you need to protect yourself from?

Illogical Gun Nut: People with guns!

http://donstuff.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/circular-reasoning1.jpg

This happened in Germany! Do you even read?

Jesus, are you really this thick? Control of these weapons reduces the risk, not stops it entirely. The most determined murderer will find a way around it. However, what we don't get is some pissed if kid, running home where he knows his mum and dad keep a gun then run off back to wherever it is he was just to shoot a bunch of people just because he can.

Illogical Gun Nut: There is no way that we can get rid of guns. I need a gun to protect myself!

Skeptical Man: What do you need to protect yourself from?

Illogical Gun Nut: People with guns!

http://donstuff.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/circular-reasoning1.jpg

Are you an idiot? No one needs a gun to protect from a gun! People need guns to protect them self against any kinda attack.

Jesus, are you really this thick? Control of these weapons reduces the risk, no stops it entirely. The most determined murderer will find a way around it. However, what we don't get is some pissed if kid, running home where he knows his mum and dad keep a gun then run off back to wherever it is he was just to shoot a bunch of people just because he can.

Ye sure it happens everyday and because one lunatic killed some one I have no rights to protect myself any more.

Are you an idiot? No one needs a gun to protect from a gun! People need guns to protect them self against any kinda attack.

I'm 32. Never touched a gun in my life. I've been just fine.

I think even in places with low gun control you can still be arrested for shooting someone who simply hit you across the face. So, guns aren't needed for 'any kinda attack'.

I'm 32. Never touched a gun in my life. I've been just fine.

25 also havent but we dont live in USA I dont want to go in race but you understand. Some countries are just not that violent because of the people who live there so you dont need a gun to protect yourself. If you would live Mexico you would have 2 choices to have a gun or to die.

I think even in places with low gun control you can still be arrested for shooting someone who simply hit you across the face. So, guns aren't needed for 'any kinda attack'.

True but you will never know what would happened if you would not shoot him maybe he would stomp your head in the ground and you would die? So I would better risk. And sure you are not that dumb to not understand the situation if you have a fight in local store because you pushed some one you will not shoot him but it some one entered your house and attacked you be welcome kill him.

True but you will never know what would happened if you would not shoot him maybe he would stomp your head in the ground and you would die?

Or, because he's got a gun also then he sees you as the attacker and himself the victim that he pulls out his gun and shoots you. After all, he doesn't want his head stomped I to the ground or you shooting him.

25 also havent but we dont live in USA I dont want to go in race but you understand.

It doesn't matter. If nobody had a gun, regardless of their race, you wouldn't need a gun to protect yourself from them. There wouldn't be such an inner city crime problem if there weren't guns. A crackhead or gang banger with a gun shoots someone in a robbery gone bad. A crackhead or gang banger with a knife runs away before the cops show up in a robbery gone bad.

Or, because he's got a gun also then he sees you as the attacker and himself the victim that he pulls out his gun and shoots you. After all, he doesn't want his head stomped I to the ground or you shooting him.

If I would go to beat some one to death and he in self defence would shoot me whats bad in that?

You keep saying that alcohol isn't banned purely because of tax but you keep ignoring my point - how do you even ban alcohol?

actually they tried it was called prohibition days -- many states banned it -- it failed miserably cause was too much black market money to be made on it -- same with guns the black market money to be made on them -- i dont know what kind of incoming illegal stuff or problems you have over there but illegal stuff flows through the borders here -- 1000's and 1000's pounds of cocaine, meth and pot a day -- if you dont think guns will be included then you dont know the black market works around here

It is a proven fact that your chances of being the victim of a violent crime skyrocket if you buy a gun. It makes you much MORE likely to be a victim of a violent crime. Adam Lanza's mother would still be alive if she hadn't been a gun owner and had never taught her son how to shoot guns.

i dont believe that for one minute -- show me the proven fact cause it just isnt true -- yea there is always the chance but in no shape or form does it make you much more likely -- it is a proven fact that crime went down in states, cities where they passed gun laws for concealed or open carry

To even try to put forward the argument that more guns in the hands of drunk morons, would make me or anyone feel safer than we feel already, is at best very laughable. :rolleyes:

not one person here that i know of has suggested anything about more guns -- thats just something peirs and anti-gun members say -- same as pro-gun say banning all guns when its not been mentioned -- its been said in this thread many times not everyone should have guns

Seeing as how you went there though, this is treated seriously in Australia and as such we have ridiculously high tax rates on alcohol, we have lockout times from bars, we have a lower blood-alcohol legal limit for driving, etc, etc. It is STILL far and away one of our most serious problems and as I said earlier, and you agreed, it is a cultural issue as other places do not have a problem like we (and from what you're saying, the USA also) have. As such we need solutions specific to each locale and its people.

yea they do the same here bars close at 2am -- blood level for drunk driving is .08 in most states i think -- but still people are irresponsible and break the law killing more people and kids then guns do period -- but its still legal to buy and own

It doesn't matter. If nobody had a gun, regardless of their race, you wouldn't need a gun to protect yourself from them. There wouldn't be such an inner city crime problem if there weren't guns. A crackhead or gang banger with a gun shoots someone in a robbery gone bad. A crackhead or gang banger with a knife runs away before the cops show up in a robbery gone bad.

Criminals will have guns these guns are not leagal if goverment wanted to take them away they would done it but they cant and they dont want to. They want to ban leagal guns who are used to self defence not for criminals. If you think that gun ban will leave criminals with not guns you have to be dumb.

If I would go to beat some one to death and he in self defence would shoot me whats bad in that?

It's not that straight forward though is it? Someone breaks into your house. You've already said something along the lines of being welcome to kill them or something. He sees you reaching for something - bang, he got there first. You're dead.

Criminals will have guns these guns are not leagal if goverment wanted to take them away they would done it but they cant and they dont want to. They want to ban leagal guns who are used to self defence not for criminals. If you think that gun ban will leave criminals with not guns you have to be dumb.

As I said before - banning guns does not stop it 100%. It just makes it more difficult to the point that only the most dedicated person would know where to get hold of one. Someone who thinks they've been 'disrespected' in a store or whatever doesn't have the option to just run home to a cabinet to get hold of a gun.

• Upvote 1

It's not that straight forward though is it? Someone breaks into your house. You've already said something along the lines of being welcome to kill them or something. He sees you reaching for something - bang, he got there first. You're dead.

And? If some one breaks in to my house I have to make a tea for him?

As I said before - banning guns does not stop it 100%. It just makes it more difficult to the point that only the most dedicated person would know where to get hold of one. Someone who thinks they've been 'disrespected' in a store or whatever doesn't have the o

Like if these criminals get those guns in shops come on :D

Like if these criminals get those guns in shops come on :D

My phone sent the reply before I'd finished it. However, we can now conclude that you are one thick idiot :)

My phone sent the reply before I'd finished it. However, we can now conclude that you are on thick idiot :)

Ye but have stupid you have to be to believe that criminal will not have guns because of the gun law? They have illegal guns and this point they didnt buy them in shop and goverment cant take them away from them SO only good guys will have to give guns away criminals will still have them.

See? Thats why you need a gun to not be dead.

Wrong. In the scenario you had a gun. Just not quick enough. Had you lived in a country where there was gun control you'd be alive because neither of you had a gun.

Ye but have stupid you have to be to believe that criminal will not have guns because of the gun law? They have illegal guns and this point they didnt buy them in shop and goverment cant take them away from them SO only good guys will have to give guns away criminals will still have them.

Wrong again. Burglaries in Britain very rarely involve guns.

Most criminals in other countries do not have guns.

Am I saying that all guns would disappear overnight? Of course not, but 30 years down the road, the majority would be gone. Americans think that criminals would be importing massive amounts of guns, but other countries are proof that it isn't true. A small percentage of Canadian criminals smuggle in guns from America, but the vast majority just choose to go about their crimes without guns. This means that their victims tend to stay alive.