Check this anti gun bullshit out.

also has nothing to do with being scared -- its about having the ability to not be a victim of crime -- sorry that your country feels you should be victims of more crime than have the ability to defend yourself -- like i said before it's utterly baffling that you rather be a victim of a violent crime then have the ability to defend yourself -- maybe its cause you have never been able to defend yourself before thus dont know the feeling

It is a proven fact that your chances of being the victim of a violent crime skyrocket if you buy a gun. It makes you much MORE likely to be a victim of a violent crime. Adam Lanza's mother would still be alive if she hadn't been a gun owner and had never taught her son how to shoot guns.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A related anecdote, similar to what Grasman was mentioning, when I was younger I and others used to get around with knives 'in case of trouble' at party or whatever, but then if you have a knife and you do get into a situation you tend to use it. The reality then becomes someone getting seriously hurt or killed and in the case of knives it is often the person who is wielding it because they don't know how to use it and over estimate their martial ability. The other side of that is, you just killed someone and end up in jail for 15 years in order to avoid what was going to be a regular beating. For me it made sense to just not get around armed and it hasn't affected my safety at all, in fact it has increased it. Calm, collected decisions and rational, respectful talk always work best.

• Upvote 1

A related anecdote, similar to what Grasman was mentioning, when I was younger I and others used to get around with knives 'in case of trouble' at party or whatever, but then if you have a knife and you do get into a situation you tend to use it. The reality then becomes someone getting seriously hurt or killed and in the case of knives it is often the person who is wielding it because they don't know how to use it and over estimate their martial ability. The other side of that is, you just killed someone and end up in jail for 15 years in order to avoid what was going to be a regular beating. For me it made sense to just not get around armed and it hasn't affected my safety at all, in fact it has increased it. Calm, collected decisions and rational, respectful talk always work best.

http://preventdisease.com/images/ban_knives0.jpg

Lets ban knifes fuck it I like my to eat raw anywhy.

http://preventdisease.com/images/ban_knives0.jpg

Lets ban knifes fuck it I like my to eat raw anywhy.

In Denmark, it's illegal to carry any knife around in public.

It's actually a legal problem for you to buy kitchen knives and carry them in a shopping bag.

Could cost you a couple of years in jail if you were unlucky.

I find that situation ridiculous, but that bullshit down to the dumb fucking poiliticians passing the laws.

Neither have i jackass. So stop claiming other people fear for their lives when you have no clue what you are talkign about. There are millions of people who will never have a problem with or without guns. But people like you are the first to cry when shit hits the fan and want someone to save you while you are to stupid to save your self. I will bet every penny i have that if you and i were in a room and we heard someone breaking in and gun shots. I have an extra gun you would not turn it down. So stop all your bullshit that guns for self defense dont help. Your just a bunch of hippicrites who want to endanger everyone else just because you might not be effected.

This is the absolutely fundamental point that just doesn't seem to sink in. That just does not happen in a country where guns are banned. There aren't any guns. There aren't any gunshots.

Well its a damn good bet when they have never had the option to have a gun and their life has been spent in a society that banned them and has no experience with them. They only hear one side. How could they have any other opinion? You think UK has so many people in support of a gun ban when it happen compared to now? You weeded out an entire generation while the current doesnt know any better and only know the system forced apon them.

You can have a gun here, you just need a licence for it. As for people in support of a ban, it wasn't even a discussion. Nobody here thinks open gun ownership is a good idea.

This is the absolutely fundamental point that just doesn't seem to sink in. That just does not happen in a country where guns are banned. There aren't any guns. There aren't any gunshots.

Not true criminal still can get guns. In every house people need this thing.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/hxgrv.hujsc/v/vspfiles/photos/Mossberg-Rolling-Thunder-55605-2.jpg

I will bet every penny that if you heard someone breaking into your house that you would wish that he didn't have a gun. You seriously think you'd rather have a gun against him than neither of you having a gun? You're a fool BrainSmasher. Your argumentation is as weak as always.

I will bet every penny that if you heard someone breaking in that you would wish that he didn't have a gun. You seriously think you'd rather have a gun against him than neither of you having a gun? You're a fool BrainSmasher. Your argumentation is as weak as always.

You can pray but he could still have a gun and it would not hurt if you had one. And even if some one would enter your house with hatchet you would not mind to have a gun on you.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120121210317/walkingdead/images/thumb/c/cf/Hatchet.jpg/580px-Hatchet.jpg

Not true criminal still can get guns. In every house people need this thing.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/hxgrv.hujsc/v/vspfiles/photos/Mossberg-Rolling-Thunder-55605-2.jpg

Yes, they can get guns, but only the determined criminal will bother. And more often, when used, they're targeted attacks - not some crack pot killing the legal owner of the gun and then going on a rampage.

Yes, they can get guns, but only the determined criminal will bother. And more often, when used, they're targeted attacks - not some crack pot killing the legal owner of the gun and then going on a rampage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Unek

Guy killed 21 people on killing sphree with axe.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9995/05dfff59b6ba9d66f0bb2a2.jpg

So its not like they cant do it with out guns.

You can pray but he could still have a gun and it would not hurt if you had one.

You could still have a gun and it wouldn't hurt if he didn't have one. Your idiocy is bothersome. I think it's time for you to get banned.

You could still have a gun and it wouldn't hurt if he didn't have one. Your idiocy is bothersome. I think it's time for you to get banned.

Sure in your private property gun is the best self defence weapon. Even if guy like this comes in I douth it that you could do something to him with out it he will just eat you alive.

http://www.foreignprisoners.com/img-news3/usa30f.jpg

in 2010 in the USA there were 11,948 deaths by drunk drivers with 1,210 (way to big of a list to put names and pictures of them up) of them being children 14 yrs or younger -- dont you also think they deserve respect and something done -- that number towers the ones by guns -- what makes their death so much special or different than the newtown deaths -- they are not any different or mean any more, both are tragic and sad but why is government and others so dead set on guns but yet nothing done about alcohol or drinking when it kills more people and kids period -- sad part is the killings with guns have been mentally unstable people with mental issues that could of been treated -- maybe some of the drunk drivers had mental issues also but the number on that is unknown -- and your correct not everyone should be able to or have access to a gun but for the few times that a mental illness person has gotten access and used one is that worth the millions of responsible and legit gun owners to suffer for that

Well that's the question I was asking, isn't it. I was asking if it's more important for you to own a gun and keep it in your home, than those kids be alive. Not even a ban on guns, just a ban on keeping it in your home. You've basically said yes, you being allowed to play with your guns and keep them where you like, is more important than a child's life. I don't wanna fall out about this because I like you as a person, so we'll just call it a difference of opinion, but I think that's really sad and selfish.

I'm sure it would be annoying to have to pick your guns up from some sort of safe compound when you wanted to use them but it's annoying to have to do lots of things like drive at the speed limit when you know you can drive faster safely. The rules aren't always made for you - they're made for people less capable than you, for the overall safety of everyone.

Going back to the alcohol thing, how do you stop alcohol? And who says nothing's being done about it? Drink driving is disgusting. Over here we have lots of campaigns against it. I have no idea if you do over there.

Guns can be talked about much more definitively in that there is a clear way of preventing such incidents (tighter regulation or bans on keeping them in your home). If there was an obvious solution to drunk driving, I'm sure that would be talked about just as much and dealt with.

on alex jones your right he appointed himself cause he is an idiot and lime light wannabe -- no one appointed him nor wants him -- peirs morgan got owned by wayne lapierre, ben shapiro and even jesse ventura (ted nugent too somewhat) that he brought in alex jones cause he knows alex is an idiot and would make himself look good -- look up the videos of wayne, ben and jesse with peirs they make sense -- hell jesse even had the entire audience there raising their hand showing they approve what he was saying and not peirs

Piers Morgan is a complete tool. All I mentioned Alex Jones for was to illustrate why not everyone should have the right to own a gun.

the latest poll by gallup and cnn show 74% of america is against a gun ban -- now 60% are in favor of tighter laws or more enforcement of current laws -- like by guns person to person without background checks (whats called the gun show loophole) which really isnt a loop hole -- that is the only time background checks are not done -- if you buy a gun from the gun show or any store be it internet or whatever you have to go through a background check -- but i agree that person to person should have to be done at a ffl place so checks are done and i can even be for 10rd clips or less (will not make a difference though it didnt at columbine) but have no issues with it really -- i already have a stock pile of high cap mags -- heck to be honest gun ban wont hurt me already have all the guns i need (around 15 total with 3 being ar's) and yes i shoot them for sport and competition -- one is set up for long distance shooting with scope, one with red dot scope for quick shoot and one with factory iron sights -- i know some are probably appalled at the idea that shooting can be a sport -- to me a day shooting is like going fishing or working out for some -- its a relaxing day and releases stress

By shooting for sport you mean animals? I doubt there are many people who find it appalling. I don't get why it would be enjoyable to kill another living creature but whatever... I don't mind it as long as someone's good at it and kills the animal with one shot. You can do it here too and nobody's particularly appalled by it.

People talk here about needing a gun in case a criminal with a gun breaks in. When guns are banned, that is not a concern. In Canada, handguns and banned, as are assault rifles. Hunting weapons are allowed if you have passed a licensing exam and you get it registered.

Do you know how many times my house has been broken into by someone with a gun? Zero.

Do you know how many people I know who have had their house broken into by someone with a gun? Zero.

Do you know how many times someone I know has been shot? Zero.

Do you know how many times I have even seen a gun that is not in a police holster? Zero.

Why would I need a gun when my government has protected me so thoroughly against them that I have never even seen one that doesn't belong to a cop?

Not true they are talking about this ban law because of that last incident http://en.wikipedia....School_shooting but if he would kill them all with axe they would want to ban axes?

Nobody could kill 26 people with an axe. Nobody could kill 5 people with an axe. While he was killing the first person, the rest would have a chance to run away. If he locked the doors, they would gang up on him and stop him immediately. Even if the people laid on the ground and refused to defend themselves at all, it would take him 10 times as long to kill them and he would've been taken down by cops.

and i agree with you -- i think most would agree with you but cause something evil happened with a few doesnt give the right to make others suffer -- and your right its a culture -- im certainly not for more guns and never said that and wont say it -- but if you are legally able to own and carry one you should have the right -- and your correct about police carrying but that is where another problem comes in having to rely on the police -- just for instance again columbine the police and swat sit outside the school for over 30 mins letting them kill more and more inside -- what the hell? -- when i showed what a principal did at his school and stopped a mass killing with his gun from his car -- a true hero armed citizen that if would of waited for police it would of been a mass killing -- but you dont see those stories or any story where an armed citizen saved the day cause saving the day isnt a story -- like i said before a mass killing is a story twarting one isnt so gets no attention -- most of us americans dont want to rely on police to save us cause you will die waiting for them -- i cant state for everywhere but here in texas we have some crappy response times and in no way rely on the police to help defend us or save us

Why do you guys keep totally missing the point. If you don't have the easily available guns, you don't have people wandering into schools with guns in the first place and you don't have to rely on the police for anything.... You don't have to rely on anyone for anything, you just get on with your life not having to even think about guns.

Obviously the USA is so far gone with gun ownership that you're not just gunna jump to that state of affairs but THAT Is the ideal situation. It's not some eutopia, it's what happens in every other civilized country. Stop putting a plaster on the boil and try and get rid of the boil.

• Upvote 1

Nobody could kill 26 people with an axe. Nobody could kill 5 people with an axe. While he was killing the first person, the rest would have a chance to run away. If he locked the doors, they would gang up on him and stop him immediately. Even if the people laid on the ground and refused to defend themselves at all, it would take him 10 times as long to kill them and he would've been taken down by cops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Unek

This guy had 2 killing sphrees killed 21 people with axe and killed 36 with axe and gun

So dont be so ignorant

• Upvote 1

well you hit the nail on the head there and probably didnt even know it -- the reason alcohol is still allowed and those deaths are acceptable by the government is cause they make so much money off the taxes of it -- so our government can live with those deaths since they make so much of the product that causes it -- they dont make it off guns so those deaths arent considered acceptable thus they feel they must stop those now -- they refuse to look at what kills more people and kids or the fact that it harms more people and kids than guns cause its a money maker for them

but yet this is a government that is suppose to have the interest of the people -- lol -- and other countries or people wonder why we dont trust our government -- they arent out for us they are out for themselves period

You keep saying that alcohol isn't banned purely because of tax but you keep ignoring my point - how do you even ban alcohol?

I'm pretty sure flamethrowers are illegal in countries with weapons bans. I've never heard of a Canadian or British flamethrower school massacre. Our suicidal weirdos hang themselves because they can't go grab a gun and take down 26 people with them.

This happened in Germany! Do you even read?

• Upvote 1